Dota 2

i'm not quite sure how lycan is supposed to be a god of teamfights after his teamfight ability got nerfed but i guess it could work. howl is silly and he can still push as well as he ever could (and his wolves/necro units get 650 ms now instead of 522 so he's even better at running away once backup shows up)

i'm not quite sure how lycan is supposed to be a god of teamfights after his teamfight ability got nerfed but i guess it could work. howl is silly and he can still push as well as he ever could (and his wolves/necro units get 650 ms now instead of 522 so he's even better at running away once backup shows up)
It's the other way around in my opinion. The transformation time is less harmful when you're gonna be joining the teamfight after initiation anyways while the increased movement speed is super good (literally unkitable). On the flip side, if Lycan wants to run away as he's ratting, he has to transform a bit sooner than he used to transform otherwise he just gets stun locked and killed. Lycan already had enough movement speed to run away so 128 extra movement speed isn't helping that much. He would usually only die when ratting to stunlock rather than not being able to run away fast enough.

Lycan is still gonna be good because Howl is untouched

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rat is boring anyway fighting is fun
still gets owned by aoe rip at least give them super magic resist so it's actually feasible to fight w em ;-; can't rat anyway so it's not like your buildings will just die because you can't kill illusions

rat is boring anyway fighting is fun
still gets owned by aoe rip at least give them super magic resist so it's actually feasible to fight w em ;-; can't rat anyway so it's not like your buildings will just die because you can't kill illusions
aoe nukes don't really do much because pl can always spawn more illusions with the 40-50% chance to create illusions vs heroes. you just keep on creating more illusions so unless they have cleave, they can't get rid of all of the illusions over and over again.

also it's kind of hard to use aoe spells to clear illusions when you have 0 mana thanks to diffusal blade

This new BS is god damn OP now with that broken Q.
Umm Bloodrage+ Laguna Blade

But seriously, 0 mana Bloodrage is really overkill since you can just spam it on yourself or your carry/nuker every 6 seconds for no cost, which is ridiculous. The extra damage taken really doesnt matter if you put it on someone who is paper-thin anyways (SF, Skywrath, insert every other pubstomper here), and I think they should at least add some form of cost (maybe HP a la Huskar or just mana would be good enough) cuz there are almost no cons to Bloodrage whatsoever other than being a bit squishier.

On the other hand, Treant with Aghs seems pretty neato, as having free wards on almost any tree on the map is very useful (it is also unobstructed, so you can also ward juke points without too much hassle), and the extra stats would make Treant a lot more bulky and be able to stay in the field longer since he is usually an aura carrier. The extra Overgrow AOE with Eyes in the Forest can make some intentional teamfights a bit more in your favor (especially if you mess up a possible Blink+ult initiation), so I think Aghs on tree would at least be an extension item. Elder Titan Aghs is the same situation since its a AOE Halberd, making his teamfight presence even better (6 second disarm+slow holy shiet). The Natural Order buff is also more helpful for more damage-oriented builds. Aghs Sven might be good on support Sven (if it still exists), as 80% bonus damage aura from God's Strength is pretty intimidating imo. Also 2 Chakrams is hilarious gj Volvo.

Last edited:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
New PL is a bit ridiculous, the Doppleganger is super annoying to deal with. You end up with like 50 illusions at 10% HP and if you use it to dodge AOE there is literally nothing the opp can do ~_~

Bloodrage is also a bit ridiculous, besides global spells it also amplifies Radiance burn XD

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah spoke too soon on his supposed death, I was so happy to see PL's agility gain nerfed as well as his ability to turn invis which I felt is what made him the biggest pain in the ass to kill late game. The new doppelganger seems like a better phase shift and i feel is probably worse than the invis when attempting to gank early. Being able to conjure about 10 illusions in a couple of seconds destroys your mana pool when he gets diffusal blade and makes him ridiculous to fight in the mid - end game without constant strong aoe.

I'm waiting to see some major rages from Phoenix's agh's update.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
More thoughts on the patch, I think Sniper change was overall a buff. 0.5 seconds is much more noticeable and makes it easier to 1v1, kite, and run down squishy supports. Loss of ministun isn't a big deal bc squishy supports die from the headshot damage procs and not many other situation where you would want to / can tp away

You should not underestimate the ministun, especially early on and against low attack speed heroes in general, as it would cancel attacks very often. that being said, the attackspeed slow is just as fine for that matter I guess.

sniper was definitely nerfed. headshot ministun was really big for interrupting stuff; with the change, you can't interrupt any spells. new headshot is also significantly less annoying to face against as a melee trying to last hit in lane. also the attack speed slow is only 100 which means heroes with really high attack speed are not affected by the attack speed slow much.

that said, he's still a decent hero. shrapnel is just getting better and better each patch. tbh i'm thinking most games (assuming you are going ring of aquila + treads) you should just max shrapnel + take aim and then max headshot after all the changes, but headshot is still a good ability. i don't play sniper much though so i'm not that qualified to talk about him.

also Warb and canman98 you guys should go on #smogdota.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
Donkey

I will admit SB, but it is an exception because with his ult there was literally nothing you could do unlike with invis pubstomping where you just buy detection

Huskar Ghost Scepter change happened before he was implemented into CM, the only thing you can base non-CM heroes off is experience in pubs

it still holds that changes are not made in response to what is considered strong in pubs, but sure things can be strong both in pubs and pro at the same time

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
apparently tinker's win-rate in pro-games was below 50% when they nerfed march

i'd consider the public outcry to have been considerably larger over that than the pro one when its win-rate was still below 50%. . . ?

it definitely does seem that pro opinion has a larger weight than public one on icefrog's balancing decisions, as it should be.

• Adaptive Strike stun max duration increased from 0.75/1.5/2.25/3 to 1.25/2.25/3.25/4.25
50% strength > agi morph build finally viable.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
Support morph I'm tellin you it's legit, like a rubick that stole strength morph with the pushback like repositioning

Shrapnel change kinda dumb tbh no more sniper mid spamming down the tower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)