Naruto (Spoilers ITT)

So...another dumb holiday going on, no Jump published this week, scans just later than usual, etc? Thought Naruto only went on break for last week.
Naruto doesn't come out on Wednesdays anymore, it'll come out either today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Naruto does come out on Wednesdays anymore, it'll come out either today or tomorrow.
Really? I recall seeing scans up by late Wednesday evening the last couple of times, I know they passed that stupid thing so it wasn't coming out by late Tuesday night at the earliest. Eh who knows, guess I'll wait more.

Really? I recall seeing scans up by late Wednesday evening the last couple of times, I know they passed that stupid thing so it wasn't coming out by late Tuesday night at the earliest. Eh who knows, guess I'll wait more.
It's out, but I didn't think it was anything worth waiting for

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yea that wasn't worth a two week wait... kishi should've posted this chapter then made a break, at least it's a little bit of a cliffhanger.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
++++

Thanks for more pointless filler crap no one gives a damn about. All this chapter did was throw out all of Sakura's character development, and ruin her as a character for anyone beginning to respect/appreciate her even a little.

Besides that, we got basically nothing that wasn't already established-- well, guess that Sasuke's out to kill Naruto since the assumption is that the tailed beasts' chakra can replace Naruto's in the seal break.

So Sasuke's completely out for Naruto's blood, where as Naruto has to beat Sasuke without killing him.

I guess they had to throw Sasuke a bone, because without some kind of advantage it's pretty clear that Naruto's got him totally outclassed-- as we've discussed, this one'll inevitably come down to Stamina, and we all know who's got that one.

Still, all this aside, I'm still stoked for the next chapter. It's a rare period I'm genuinely more interested in what's going on in Naruto than OP.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I still like Sakura, but Kishi keeps taking dumps all over any character development she gets. Also, I knew they were going to the Valley of the End for the final battle. But yeah, Sasuke hasn't learned a thing from Itachi.

So yeah, Sasuke is still the emo prick he was at the start of the series at heart, all of the persuading, heart to heart talk with zombie brother, and saving the world can't fix that apparently. Just a shame he didn't get hit by Itachi's genjutsu that he implemented in the crow and put in Naruto.

So Naruto, just break all his fucking bones (or better yet, take some advice from Akatsuki and saw off his limbs). Technically keeping him alive without killing him, that's about all I can see happening. Or maybe he'll get a clean hit with the rasenshuriken, since it cuts/destroys chakra lines in the body, he shouldn't be able to mold chakra anymore and not be a threat while still having limbs. Maybe blind him for good measure too.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sasuke is right, Sakura is annoying as hell. She was so close to being redeemed as a character but nah. Kishi either sucks at writing female characters, or is using Sakura as an example of how not to develop a character in a meaningful way.

Wow, overkill... there are ways of incapacitating people without puncturing them in the chest. I always hated Sasuke more than any other principal character in this series.

I actually like Sakura and hoped that when she made the angry face at the bottom of that one page, she'd tell emoface off and declare she doesn't like him anymore.

I guess I should be excited for the final battle, but it's also so cliche/predictable that I find it hard to be.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, overkill... there are ways of incapacitating people without puncturing them in the chest. I always hated Sasuke more than any other principal character in this series.
I actually like Sakura and hoped that when she made the angry face at the bottom of that one page, she'd tell emoface off and declare she doesn't like him anymore.
I almost wish Kishi had drawn the hard line and actually have Sasuke kill her ass-- instead of this gay "nope, dat was just Genjutsu" bs.

Of course I'd rather him do what you said and finally had Sakura woman-up and tell Sasuke what a whiny bitch he is instead of having her go off once more on one of her retarded beaten house wife streaks. It's like Kishi's saying "Did you like time skip Sakura? Did you hate pre-skip Sakura? FUCK YOU!!!"

But she did, so it might of been more satisfying to see Sasuke kill her ass.

But then Naruto would have trouble justifying NOT killing Sasuke.

I guess I should be excited for the final battle, but it's also so cliche/predictable that I find it hard to be.
I hear ya, but in my case it's more like "despite EVERYTHING that's bad about this, I'm still strangely stoked this is happening. Holy fuck this shit is happening!"

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I was honestly hoping that Sakura had died there. That would've flipped the coin on the situation and possibly have made Naruto re-evaluate things. You guys are right though, Sakura's character has been developed so well and this is taking a shit all over that progress. I really do hope she somehow becomes a central figure during this fight and ends up making the difference (maybe something insane will happen to break the Genjutsu, idk). I'm pretty excited for this fight, though. It's gonna be a good one.

Wish they actually started it this week, though.

Either Sakura is gonna deal the final blow to Sasuke while he begs for her help, or Bee will come flying out of nowhere and completely obliterate Sasuke again. Or Itachi will find a way to come back and kick some sense into his foolish little brother.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
u see, the wunderful thing about naruto is that no1 has ever stayed dead eva so idk y ur worryied abut that!
Negi Hyuuga would like a word with you.

Too bad he's permadead.

So is Asuma. And Jiraiya. And Itachi. And Pain.

Unless Orichimaru feels like doing Edo Tensei I guess, I think he's the only one left alive who can.

Personally I like that Kishi is sticking with Sakura's idiotic crush on Sasuke. Makes the point rather well that she can say whatever she likes when Sasuke is not around, she'd really prefer he not keep trying to kill the world and go back to the days of Team 7 before all this crap. You could kind of say that's her Ninja Way, I guess.

Kind of naive, really. Of course, this is the series in which Naruto is the key protagonist, so aside from the fact he actually has the power and persuasiveness to make his Ninja Way a reality, you can't exactly score him high on realism if he weren't a demigod with talk-no-jutsu.

Wait yeah about Bee. How did he survive all this? The Hachibi said that it was gonna go back into Bee? Would putting the Bijuu back into a dead Jinchuuriki revive them?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
So for a second, we thought Sasuke was going to say something deep and meaningful, but then he just ewent off spewing all this vague crap based on zero reasoning for sheer convenience (but at this point what else could Kishi really have him do considering Sasuke is just acting like a retard).

Basically the same story-- Sasuke is a douche, Naruto needs to beat his ass. We Already knew that, so just get the fight started dammit.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
this is probably the most edgiest of sasuke we've had so far. goddamn, it's so dark i can't see shit.

really really hoping sasuke dies now.

So for a second, we thought Sasuke was going to say something deep and meaningful, but then he just ewent off spewing all this vague crap based on zero reasoning for sheer convenience
this is probably the most edgiest of sasuke we've had so far.
Guys he's literally just going with Adrian Veidt's plan from Watchmen. He doesn't think people can stop being haters so he's gonna have everyone focus their hate on him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)