Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

I mean really class legendaries is like

King Krush < Velen <<<< every other one

And then the rest are all just really good in the decks that they work

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Best class legendary (or legend in general) is Tirion. If it was neutral it would be in every deck 100% of the time all the time (okay not aggro fine).

Archmage would probably be next, followed by Cenarius . Then it would go: Al'Akir, Van Cleef. (Van Cleef in zoo my God), Jaraxxus, Grommash, Velen, and Krush is dead last.

So my list would be (assuming they were neutral):

Tirion
Archmage
Cenarius
Al'Akir
Cleef
Jaraxxus (might be tied with Cleef)
Grommash
Velen
Krush

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thing is, you can't look at them as neutrals. A lot of legendaries are more valuable because of class synergies: Grommash with Cruel Taskmaster/Death's Bite, Al'Akir with Rockbiter Weapon/Flametongue, whereas Antonidas actually has a lot of trouble within his class because of the lack of good low cost spells, meaning you can't really make use of him until turn 9/10. If you go by class synergy:

Tirion (no need for explanation)

Al'Akir the Windlord (you'll almost always get good value out of him thanks to the charge+windfury)
Grommash Hellscream (he may as well be a 10/8 with charge, and almost always contributes)
Cenarius (again, almost always a good option)

Archmage Antonidas (for reasons given above)
Edwin Van Cleef (not a "real" 3 drop, probably the legend that gets screwed over the most by silence)

Prophet Velen (suck)
King Krush (on paper it's not even that bad, but it just has no synergy whatsoever in Hunter)

I'm not going to rank Lord Jaraxxus since he's kinda hard to compare to the others, no way he's ahead of Tirion though.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I don't like Control Paladin vs Handlock all that much honestly. Life Tap is too fucking broken unless you're gonna be a retard and run Divine Favor.

Yeah, Antonidas is hard to play before t9-10 because ideally you'll want to both limit opponent options on killing him that turn and to at least get 1 spell played for a free fireball. I normally wait till t10 to combo with frost nova to at least stun their field (or if they don't have much out, an ice lance), which gives me a turn sans him dying to spells that tirn to spam my own the next turn. Too bad mages don't get conceal lol.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I don't like Control Paladin vs Handlock all that much honestly. Life Tap is too fucking broken unless you're gonna be a retard and run Divine Favor.
as a handlock player, paladin is one of the worst matchups, you have to be super safe with your board or else it gets wiped plus they can aldor/humility + kodo to remove anything at any time. slamming jaraxxus t9 is actually one of the better ways to win because pally has no burst and a 6/6 every turn is broken, but even if you draw all your giants and drakes it's still a hard win. also you can't use your ironbeaks on anything other than sylvanas and tirion, no matter how much you want to...it requires a shit ton of patience and safe play and i've steadily gotten better at playing the matchup but i'd say it's like 60/40 in favor of pally. fatigue is very real

who said hunter is dead :S (seriously midrange hunter without buzzard/hounds is still crazy when handlock is the best deck)

Yeah, there are definitely situations where Paladin is just out of gas and you need Lay On Hands to have a chance and you don't have it. And it's pretty dependent on drawing Equality, but usually you have an Equality in the first 15 cards, so you can catch up on cards with your sweeps. It also helps that my Paladin deck is really tuned for Handlock, with stuff like 2x Spellbreaker and Shade of Naxxramas instead of Harvest Golem or something.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I played the face hunter deck today (with little enjoyment mind you) but this meta is basically the same as the meta pre-naxx (which I think was the most enjoyable) except Priest is viable. I like it overall at this point, playing Ramp to a loving success.

Regardless I'm a fan of this nerf.

wow u beat shaman with hunter!!1! so gud o__o
wat r u smokin, the match-up is basically even now with unleash the hounds being unplayable now. the point is hunter isnt completely dead vs shaman like people thought itd be, midrange still is def good

I thought UTA was still playable, you just won't get crazy draw with the now dead Buzzard. Granted, that was pretty much the only real reason to use them both to combo with each other, but you still can probably get a decent board presence if your opponent freely spams monsters and you can still buff each puppy to 2 Atk with whatever that wolf card is.

Matthew

wow u beat shaman with hunter!!1! so gud o__o
Face Hunter actually has a pretty good deck build when you get into the mindset of "how much damage do I have?" instead of "how do I get value?" It was a different mindset to me and interesting, to say the least, but I didn't enjoy the process at all. I switched to Ramp Druid, which has now carried me to rank 5 to 3.

Regardless, I was wrong. Hunter isn't dead, it's less potent, but still strong with the face deck. As I mentioned, it's almost a pre-naxx metagame which I enjoyed.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
one of the main reasons why UTH is still very playable and very good is because people think it isn't. like, please flood the board, i promise i wont buzzard unleash you, now i'll just juggler unleash you instead. face hunter kicks ass currently due to people going OMG HANDLOCK SO BROKEN XDDD and, in response, being going OMG SHAMAN BEATS HANDLOCK XDDD

the best deck to play rn is ramp druid, or pally but go heavy on late game (if tirion is your biggest card you're doing it very wrong). im at rank 1, 4 stars currently with demonlock, will update when i get back from canada.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Druid gets dumped on by Handlock though unless you're gonna do some double BGH shenanigans. I don't like the look of Ramp Druid in this presumed upcoming metagame.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Does anybody else find Undertaker to be just a little too strong? It pressures so hard, and I'm sick of seeing aggro decks with Undertaker (face hunter is probably the most annoying deck on the planet).

Yeah, Undertaker is probably the most snowbally card in the game. The worst is when it's played on turn 1 and just keeps outrunning your removal because it gets buffed faster than Shade of Naxxramas. But I don't think it's broken because it is one of the weakest late game draws, and, contrary to what our own experience suggests, they don't always have it on turn 1.

Hooray, Freeze Mage is back in the meta. Something to fill the gap of the interaction-filled fests that were games against Miracle

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Yeah I don't think I'm gonna hit legend this season myself. >:( Didn't really notice until last week that "oh wow we're 2/3 through the month already" because hey 60-hour work weeks. Just not enough time to grind it out in one day when I don't have kd24 luck, let alone my luck.

Getting real sick of your shit, Shaman and Zoolock bots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)