Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Which "encounter" do i use for that .com ? Is it grass/cave or surfing?
Latios is a Method 1 Pokémon, so there is no need to put an specific encounter type (unless it is the Enigma Stone Lati, which is counted as a Stationary).

Edit: Ninja'd, am I that slow to write? >_>

Kind of a weird question here.

Rotom can only be caught in DPPt at night (8 PM to 4 AM).

Suppose I have a ID/SID combination that gives me a Calm 31/x/31/31/31/31 Shiny spread, but I need to start the game at, say, 7 PM to hit this seed.

My questions is this: if I save right outside Rotom's room, hit my seed at 7 PM, made my advances, wait for an hour to pass (at the menu or with the DS closed or whatever), then enter Rotom's room and check the TV for the encounter, would it work?

(I'm asking this because I want to abuse my ID/SID in Diamond, but I can't find a good combination of natures and IVs with seeds at night)

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
~ Rotom DDPt wait till night ~
Should work fine (not sure about with the DS lid closed however; I would keep it open with the menu open too (so no one accidentally takes a step or whatever).

That said, the following seeds give Calm 31/x/31/31/31/31 spreads which can be hit at times (in 2014) in the 20:00–04:00 range:

Edit:
If you want the lowest Attack, then the following seed should work fine.
[4B1307A3]; Base Delay: 1955; First Stationary Frame [w/ Sync]: 332; Calm - 31.02.31.31.31.31.

Times are all ~19:55, so by the time you've done your advances you should be pretty much there ;).

Last edited:
Scyther used X-Scissor!
Thanks! I'll try that out. I saw those seeds, but they give an Attack of 31, and I'll try to get the lowest I can. I'll actually go for the same spread as my SS (Timid & Bold), as I'm fine with either Bold or Calm for Rotom and those still allow me to catch most legends (plus Trophy Garden Vaporeon, Jolteon and Porygon2)

Hi guys and gals, I really hope I don't get infracted for a stupid question, but I just got my Soul Silver in the mail off ebay, and was wondering how to RNG abuse a 31/X/31/31/31/31 Bold Shiny spread on the game. If anyone can help with this / doesn't mind answering a few questions, I'd be more than happy to pay them with monsters from my thread for helping me. I looked around a bit and couldn't find a guide on RNGing a shiny spread in soul silver. Thanks in advance for your help! ^_^

Hi guys and gals, I really hope I don't get infracted for a stupid question, but I just got my Soul Silver in the mail off ebay, and was wondering how to RNG abuse a 31/X/31/31/31/31 Bold Shiny spread on the game. If anyone can help with this / doesn't mind answering a few questions, I'd be more than happy to pay them with monsters from my thread for helping me. I looked around a bit and couldn't find a guide on RNGing a shiny spread in soul silver. Thanks in advance for your help! ^_^
You can send me a pm if you like and I'll help for free if I can. I've done tid sid abuse before on my own game which is what you'll need to do to get a good shiny spread.

.com

Grumpy old man
This guide should cover pretty much everything you need for it. :)

Okay, so I made it as far as step 2 (of 4, come on now). It asks me to make a new profile and asks for a bunch of information I'm not sure I know, then says it can't be saved because I didn't give it enough information. I clicked 4th generation tools -> TID/SID Manipulation (Pandora's Box) and it says "No profiles were detected. Please setup a profile first. "

Any idea what I'm suppose to type into the next window to get to the window in the guide? Am I clicking the right stuff? Bleh, I feel so stupid; so many people get this but I can't seem to figure it out....

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Okay, so I made it as far as step 2 (of 4, come on now). It asks me to make a new profile and asks for a bunch of information I'm not sure I know, then says it can't be saved because I didn't give it enough information. I clicked 4th generation tools -> TID/SID Manipulation (Pandora's Box) and it says "No profiles were detected. Please setup a profile first. "

Any idea what I'm suppose to type into the next window to get to the window in the guide? Am I clicking the right stuff? Bleh, I feel so stupid; so many people get this but I can't seem to figure it out....
The fact that it requires a profile is a known bug, that apparently has been fixed (although I still experience the issue in 9.96.6 alpha 3). Not ideal by any means, but you can just fill out all of the fields to make a fake profile so it stops yelling at you (all 0's seems to work fine :P). After you do that you should be able to open Pandora's box with no problem.

The fact that it requires a profile is a known bug, that apparently has been fixed (although I still experience the issue in 9.96.6 alpha 3). Not ideal by any means, but you can just fill out all of the fields to make a fake profile so it stops yelling at you (all 0's seems to work fine :P). After you do that you should be able to open Pandora's box with no problem.
Yeah this has happened to me before but I think I just deleted the program from my computer and redownloaded it because it works just fine now for me. I don't know, whatever works I guess.

Okay, so when the first beep sounds, I should click new game from the screen with the option to continue? Then mash until I get to the screen were Prof Oak says "I'll see you later"? Just making sure, I'll give this a try now. :P

.com

Grumpy old man
Okay, so when the first beep sounds, I should click new game from the screen with the option to continue? Then mash until I get to the screen were Prof Oak says "I'll see you later"? Just making sure, I'll give this a try now. :P
Step three of the linked guide above gives the precise frames you should press [A] on :).

Edit: Sorry, I realise that's not quite answering the question. To do so "yes, click [A] on the "New Game" button when the first timer ends". Do the above when the second timer ends. :)

Edit2: It's late, sorry. -_-

Last edited:
Step three of the linked guide above gives the precise frames you should press [A] on :).

Edit: Sorry, I realise that's not quite answering the question. To do so "yes, click [A] on the "New Game" button when the first timer ends". Do the above when the second timer ends. :)
So I tried this and it says I have to press select ^ and B to delete the game data; lol I was so mad I didn't even check the ID to see if I did it right (I know I'd just be madder; lol); so now I just sit at the screen with Lugia and when I press start it takes to me to a new game. Haha, no worries though .com; just seems there is no new game button; I'm so silly.

Tranquil_Chaos

Banned deucer.
I don't know where to post this, but this place seemed right. I'm going to try RNG a mixed Beldum on DP next (shiny of course.) Should I go with:
30/30/31/30/31/30 Hidden Power Fire, Naughty
31/30/31/30/31/30, Hidden Power Fire, Mild
31/31/30/30/31/30, Hidden Power Fire, Lonely

Or is there a better spread?

Thank you Smogon!

I know that in Emerald the frame for your starter is generated when you answer yes to the 'do you choose this pokemon' question.

Is it the same for Ruby or is there an offset?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I know that in Emerald the frame for your starter is generated when you answer yes to the 'do you choose this pokemon' question.

iirc it's the same for Ruby/Sapphire. I don't think there's an extra delay in those games compared to Emerald.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader

Starter abuse is the same exact method in R/S as in Emerald, just with seed 5A0 (dead battery)

Can you RNG with a 3DS XL? I haven't been able to find much information about this anywhere so I thought I'd ask here. Is it the same as using a regular 3DS? This is mainly for Dream Radar as I have a DS Lite I use for everything else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)