Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Can you RNG with a 3DS XL? I haven't been able to find much information about this anywhere so I thought I'd ask here. Is it the same as using a regular 3DS? This is mainly for Dream Radar as I have a DS Lite I use for everything else
Yes, you can RNG with any DS. I'm pretty sure it's the same as the normal 3DS.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Can you RNG with a 3DS XL? I haven't been able to find much information about this anywhere so I thought I'd ask here. Is it the same as using a regular 3DS? This is mainly for Dream Radar as I have a DS Lite I use for everything else
If it's more convenient, use the 3DS to transfer the DR mons, then RNG them on your lite. Their data isn't set until you write them into your save via Unova Link.

Hey, a strange problem has just popped up while I've been trying to RNG a perfect shiny lapras egg on my Soul Silver, I hit the first seed with no problems but now that I'm trying to hit the IV seed, for some reason I keep hitting 5 or 6 seconds off of my required time even though I've checked and reset the settings on Eontimer, I've had quite a few successes when RNG'ing gen IV in the past and I've never run into this big of a problem before.
Does anyone know what could be going on here?

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
Anyone know the exact formula for determining which honey trees in DPPt can yield Munchlax? I know it has something to do with your ID/SID, but I don't know any of the technical details.

My Platinum TID is 00661 and the SID is 32682

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyone know the exact formula for determining which honey trees in DPPt can yield Munchlax? I know it has something to do with your ID/SID, but I don't know any of the technical details.

My Platinum TID is 00661 and the SID is 32682
According to this.
• Route 205 North
• Route 206
• Route 207
• Route 208
As far as calculation goes. I believe this is done as:
• List TID and SID in hex:
- TID: 0x0295
- SID: 0x7FAA

• Look at each byte mod 21:
- 0x95%21 = 2 =: A
- 0x02%21 = 2 =: B
- 0xAA%21 = 2 =: C
- 0x7F%21 = 1 =: D

• If A = B; B := B+1.
- This is true here, so B := 3.

• If C = A; C := C+1;
- This is true here, so C := 3;

• If C = B; C := C+1;
- This is true here, so C := 4;

• If D = A; D := D+1;
- Not true.

• If D = B; D := D+1;
- Not true.

• If D = C; D := D+1;
- Not true.

Thus we have:
• A = 2
• B = 3
• C = 4
• D = 1

Then look these values up on the following list (starting at 0):
[0] Route 205 S
[1] Route 205 N
[2] Route 206
[3] Route 207
[4] Route 208
[5] Route 209
[6] Route 210 S
[7] Route 210 N
[8] Route 211 E
[9] Route 212 N
[10] Route 212 S
[11] Route 213
[12] Route 214
[13] Route 215
[14] Route 218
[15] Route 221
[16] Route 222
[17] Valley Windworks
[18] Shortcut around Eterna Forest
[19] Fuego Ironworks
[20] Floaroma Meadow
So you have:
• Route 205 North
• Route 206
• Route 207
• Route 208

Last edited:
Hey, a strange problem has just popped up while I've been trying to RNG a perfect shiny lapras egg on my Soul Silver, I hit the first seed with no problems but now that I'm trying to hit the IV seed, for some reason I keep hitting 5 or 6 seconds off of my required time even though I've checked and reset the settings on Eontimer, I've had quite a few successes when RNG'ing gen IV in the past and I've never run into this big of a problem before.
Does anyone know what could be going on here?
Never mind, in a desperate attempt I fiddled with the refresh interval,I put it down to one and I'm finally able to consistently hit my time, the only annoying thing is the audio beeps are so off mark now they're practically useless so I just have to watch the time closely.

I am starting to look into Gen IV RNG (starting with HG). I have a couple questions that I hope can be answered:

1. Is the EonTimer absolutely necesary (I used a basic stopwatch with White) for Gen IV RNG?
2. Is it possible to RNG to have a novelty TID and still have relatively easy to obtain flawless shiny spreads (wild captures only, I will not be breeding)?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I am starting to look into Gen IV RNG (starting with HG). I have a couple questions that I hope can be answered:

1. Is the EonTimer absolutely necesary (I used a basic stopwatch with White) for Gen IV RNG?
2. Is it possible to RNG to have a novelty TID and still have relatively easy to obtain flawless shiny spreads (wild captures only, I will not be breeding)?
1. Yes.
2. Yes. If you're only interested in wild captures and not in Shiny M1 statues like Mewtwo then try RNGing Cute Charm spreads for your save, they greatly expand your options and available Shiny spreads.

1. Yes.
2. Yes. If you're only interested in wild captures and not in Shiny M1 statues like Mewtwo then try RNGing Cute Charm spreads for your save, they greatly expand your options and available Shiny spreads.
I do plan on going for shiny legends and shiny wild captures.

Do I need to do anything on my current save before resetting the file?

Unfortunately I am a complete novice at Gen IV RNG and do not know where to begin.

Albus

The Triumphant
I do plan on going for shiny legends and shiny wild captures.

Do I need to do anything on my current save before resetting the file?

Unfortunately I am a complete novice at Gen IV RNG and do not know where to begin.
Then you can opt for a specific Shiny spread, choose wisely though if you only have one game. I suggest you to get some "basic" 'mons from your current file to familiarize yourself with the EonTimer and 4th Gen RNG Abuse in general (recommendably with M1 statues like Moltres or Articuno if you didn't catch them yet).

If you want I can help you through the process via PM.

I'm attempting Pokeradar RNG on Platinum and I'm having a huge issue with getting Chatot calls that don't match at all with the Reporter's. I have the right slots for my target and the synchronizer. I hit my seed but the calls don't match at all.

NVM, figured it out.

Last edited:

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm currently RNG abusing my TID/SID in HG. My seed for the TID is 0803158C and I have a delay of 5502. Now I tried to hit my delay, but no matter if I try with or without my Pokémom Ruby in slot 2, I still get odd delays. Keep getting 5501 and 5503. What to do? And yes I am sure I got those delays.

I'm currently RNG abusing my TID/SID in HG. My seed for the TID is 0803158C and I have a delay of 5502. Now I tried to hit my delay, but no matter if I try with or without my Pokémom Ruby in slot 2, I still get odd delays. Keep getting 5501 and 5503. What to do? And yes I am sure I got those delays.
I believe the only way to get an even delay in this case is to change the year on your DS - if it's currently an even year, then it needs to be an odd year. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong (especially since I've never done 4th gen abuse before). In the meantime, I'll try to look for that guide about this scenario.

Albus

The Triumphant
You can flip your delays from odd to even (or viceversa) by pressing Select on your character's naming screen.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I believe the only way to get an even delay in this case is to change the year on your DS - if it's currently an even year, then it needs to be an odd year. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong (especially since I've never done 4th gen abuse before). In the meantime, I'll try to look for that guide about this scenario.
You can flip your delays from odd to even (or viceversa) by pressing Select on your character's naming screen.
Thanks guys, I got it. :)

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
This is probably a dumb question, but is alternate inheritance from Emerald egg IVs more common among certain species or something?

I'm trying to breed a Calm Cleffa (for Soft-Boiled and other Gen III shenanigans), but after successfully RNGing the egg PID, I kept hitting alternate spreads when RNGing the IVs. I left, messed around in the battle tower a bit, then came back and made a new save hoping that would fix the issue (I heard this helps for consistent alternate hits.) It didn't, so I discarded the egg and RNG bred another one (different PID), and once again I'm hitting alternate IV spreads. I also remember trying to breed a Cleffa several years back (during the B/W era), and having the exact same issue.

Is there some factor I'm missing, or do I just have really bad luck?

The parents consist of a female Clefairy from FR (31/x/x/x/x/x) and a male Shroomish I breed a long time ago for the battle frontier (31/31/30/15/30/31). The IV frame I'm trying to hit is frame 23244 (A/11/31/31/31/B). Also, no everstone was used in the breeding process.

Albus

The Triumphant
This is probably a dumb question, but is alternate inheritance from Emerald egg IVs more common among certain species or something?

I'm trying to breed a Calm Cleffa (for Soft-Boiled and other Gen III shenanigans), but after successfully RNGing the egg PID, I kept hitting alternate spreads when RNGing the IVs. I left, messed around in the battle tower a bit, then came back and made a new save hoping that would fix the issue (I heard this helps for consistent alternate hits.) It didn't, so I discarded the egg and RNG bred another one (different PID), and once again I'm hitting alternate IV spreads. I also remember trying to breed a Cleffa several years back (during the B/W era), and having the exact same issue.

Is there some factor I'm missing, or do I just have really bad luck?

The parents consist of a female Clefairy from FR (31/x/x/x/x/x) and a male Shroomish I breed a long time ago for the battle frontier (31/31/30/15/30/31). The IV frame I'm trying to hit is frame 23244 (A/11/31/31/31/B). Also, no everstone was used in the breeding process.
You're simply being very unlucky, that's all, the species have nothing to do with Emerald split/alternate spreads' annoying shenanigans. I had a similar issue RNGing a Seismic Toss khan, where the bastard changed from alternate to split spreads from time to time for no reason; your best solution is to try hitting a good alternate spread instead (there's a good alternate spread in frame 15117 IIRC, or was it between the 8000-9000? can't recall correctly).

Reactions: Xen
Yeah, alternate splits are totally random. Just resetting the game and trying again works fine most of the time.

If I were you, I would breed for a different (better set) of parents or just try until you hit frame 23244. Besides, wouldn't you want Wish on Cleffa as well?

I checked for 1000000 frames (lol, as if you would ever do that) and with those parents, that's literally your only option.

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
You're simply being very unlucky, that's all, the species have nothing to do with Emerald split/alternate spreads' annoying shenanigans. I had a similar issue RNGing a Seismic Toss khan, where the bastard changed from alternate to split spreads from time to time for no reason; your best solution is to try hitting a good alternate spread instead (there's a good alternate spread in frame 15117 IIRC, or was it between the 8000-9000? can't recall correctly).
Yeah, alternate splits are totally random. Just resetting the game and trying again works fine most of the time.

If I were you, I would breed for a different (better set) of parents or just try until you hit frame 23244. Besides, wouldn't you want Wish on Cleffa as well?

I checked for 1000000 frames (lol, as if you would ever do that) and with those parents, that's literally your only option.
Thanks for the input. Fortunately it seems like the second egg broke away from the alternate cycle after a brief visit to the battle tower and saving again in front of the day care man. Hopefully it'll remain that way.

Note to self, don't play in the battle tower while sleepy, you forget to suspend the challenge before turning off the game. ;-;

Albus

The Triumphant
Thanks for the input. Fortunately it seems like the second egg broke away from the alternate cycle after a brief visit to the battle tower and saving again in front of the day care man. Hopefully it'll remain that way.

Note to self, don't play in the battle tower while sleepy, you forget to suspend the challenge before turning off the game. ;-;
Protip: Keep in mind that the Egg could "revert" back to the alternate inheritance circle or change to a split spread inheritance for no reason, so if you're going to aim for a spread try to have a very small margin of error, before the game starts with its annoying inheritance-changing shenanigans again.

Albus

The Triumphant
Is there a way to "reliably" manipulate the game (Emerald) to get alternate or split spreads more constantly? or do I have to be lucky enough to and wait to see one of those two pop up out of nowhere, as usual with Emerald's RNG?

I tried SID/ID abuse in HGSS and my target delay was 5009 and second 49.
First try I got 5155, so I calibrated, and next attempt I get the right ID :O

However, I see that on this hour and minute there are some close seeds that gives the same ID but wrong SID. I have one thats 39 seconds and delay 5320 and one thats 56 seonds and delay 5025. You guys think there could be any chance I hit any of those? Would be weird, but still can't believe if I hit the right delay when I was so far away from it on the first try :O

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
I tried SID/ID abuse in HGSS and my target delay was 5009 and second 49.
First try I got 5155, so I calibrated, and next attempt I get the right ID :O

However, I see that on this hour and minute there are some close seeds that gives the same ID but wrong SID. I have one thats 39 seconds and delay 5320 and one thats 56 seonds and delay 5025. You guys think there could be any chance I hit any of those? Would be weird, but still can't believe if I hit the right delay when I was so far away from it on the first try :O
5025 seems possible. You'd have to figure out your SID to be sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)