OPEN DISCUSSION - Gym Concerns and Issues

Let's discuss our decisions a little. I picked Doubles because I think it's a more skill based format and I think that makes it appropriate for a match to determine Gym Leader.

Mulan15262 and GemOftheDay why did you vote for Singles?

AOPSUser, did you have a different reason for voting for Doubles?

I voted for Singles because I think that the use of only one pokemon allows for more thought to be put into each pokemon as you are ordering for only one, thus more closely matching how it would work in a real gym match. Also, assuming that I win the steel quals, the steel-type gym will probably be single battles, so getting extra practice in won't hurt.

I voted for Doubles because Doubles is known to favor skill rather than matchup, so it's not all about preserving Kitsunoh/Mega Luke until the right moment but more about making actual good orders.

tavok are you here to offer anything?

Matchups are also a part of skill. If you can keep your Mega Lucario/Heatran/whatever other counter to the opponents you have from going out until the right moment, then you should get rewarded for being able to do so. Making good orders would also help with preserving your ideal pokemon.
Also, Earthquake will probably be a very common move if we do doubles because it strikes almost every steel-type for SE damage (Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Forretress, Scizor, Escavalier, Durant, Genesect, Wormadam-T, and Bronzong are all the FE pokemon that are not hit for SE damage by EQ and are steel-type).

Also, Doubles matches eat up twice as much of your time, both for refs and battlers, if you want to keep the same level of quality in your orders, so that is another reason why I won't want Doubles (I already have a busy schedule now).

Gym concern: there should be a rock gym

E: I should not be the leader

E: akela stop pretending to be me and open it already

Last edited:
AOPSUser Avnomke I'm going to be honest, the lack of Megas caught me with my pants down (and I'm trying to save up to do a TLR). Would you mind if I wait until the my simple item purchasing claim is finalized before we start our battle? I'd really appreciate it.

i have a gym concern it goes a little something like a game of look-at-these-two-battles-and-see-if-there-is-anything-strange:

this one
and this one

one of these leaders is still in power
the other has been removed for dqing too much

Yeah I feel we should forgive Leethoof for johning guys. And give him a chance to redeem himself.

He did complete a few reffings and is doing a fair job of hosting the ASBuddies. May be we can allow him to compete for the Rock Gym Leader again?

Combo(Akela + Leethoof)x3

If the combo is deemed illegal, use Akela vs Leethoof instead.

Akela should probably get a chance to open this gym before we make any such decisions. When is that happening again?

Also while we are talking about absent gym leaders someone please check Fighting Gym.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Leethoof is a "not yet" in terms of gym ownership. Akela is currently in the arena-creation process, we'll update with more information once we know.

Fighting Gym I'll talk to Birkal about evicting. I believe he's been waiting for someone to be ready to take over... but I'd rather not have a situation similar to ones we've seen before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)