DQ'd [To Defy the End Chapter 1 - In the Caves] with Mulan and Gem

Guidelines:
  1. Only Mulan15262, GemoftheDay, Gale Wing Srock/Eternal Drifter should be posting in this thread.
  2. There is a 3 Days Player DQ time and 5 Days Ref DQ time.
  3. During the Battles, you get two substitutions; per creature, per round.
  4. Pokemon can carry all possible items, Trainers can carry Adventure items refer to the OP.
  5. All abilities are allowed, unless they are locked or available only when Mega Evolved.
  6. You can chill or recover without limitation, but not without consequence.
  7. All Roleplay responses will be based on the Ref's / Mod's Discretion.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

To Defy the End Chapter 1 - In the Caves...

While most trainers that come from the region of Smogon control their Pokémon, there is one exception: Walker, the Eternal Drifter. Missing for over half a year, search teams dried up, especially once he was spotted with a Natu in turn at a shopping mall, a cave, and a battlefield, all very briefly. But his state when others encountered him showed him to be deteriorating, and Demon Lord Itsumo is known to be chasing the trainer for his own reasons.

Which is why, when Walker was spotted in the caverns in Mt Coronet, that two trainers and their Pokémon were sent to try to bring him to safety back in the Smogon region.

However, with the general increase of hostility of Pokémon all around, the trainers had better be on their guard...

And the two brave trainers are ...
Mulan15262
Fighting/Steel (25 points)
HP: 80 (0 points)
Stats: 3/2/1/3/55 (25 points)
SC/WC: 3/3 (3/4 without Light Metal)
Abilities: Light Metal / Defiant / Simple (40 points)
Nature: Serious
Item: Long Sword (10 points)

0 points, listed for my reference
Moves are color-coded by type, with STABs bolded

Physical:
Aerial Ace
Cut
Double Kick
False Swipe
Fury Attack

Fury Cutter
Headbutt
Iron Head
Karate Chop
Low Kick

Mega Punch
Metal Burst
Pound
Rage

Rock Smash
Sacred Sword
Secret Sword
Seismic Toss

Slam
Stomp
Strength

Struggle
Tackle

Special:
Snore

Amnesia
Bulk Up
Calm Mind
Detect
Dragon Dance
Foresight
Growl
Harden

Iron Defense
Leer
Meditate
Metal Sound
Nasty Plot
Quiver Dance
Sing
Sharpen
Swords Dance
Tickle

Commands:
Bodyblock
Chill
Dodge
Shift
Take Cover

Points used: 100
Demon Blade the Bisharp (Male)
Nature: Sassy (+1 Sp. Defense, Speed / 1.15, -10 Evasion)
Type: Dark / Steel

Abilities:
Defiant
Inner Focus
Pressure (hidden)

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
AC: 5/5

Stats:
HP: 100
Attack: 5
Defense: 4
Sp. Attack: 2
Sp. Defense: 4 (+)
Speed: 60 (-)
SC: 3
WC: 4
BRT: 20

Moves(24/76 for 110 MC):
Scratch
Leer
Fury Cutter
Torment
Feint Attack
Scary Face
Metal Claw
Iron Head
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Metal Burst
Guillotine

Psycho Cut
Pursuit
Revenge
Stealth Rock
Sucker Punch

Magnet Rise

Dig
Double Team
Protect
Rain Dance
Thunder Wave
X-Scissor

GemOftheDay

Psychic/Ghost [25]
Nature: Serious
Item: Arceus amulet [20]
Abilities: Moody/Cursed body [30]

HP: 80
Atk: 1
Def: 2
SpA: 3
SpD: 2
Spe: 60

Moves:
Amnesia
Bulk Up
Calm Mind
Dragon Dance
Growl
Headbutt
Leer
Meditate
Mega Punch
Nasty Plot
Pound
Quiver Dance
Rage
Sing
Slam
Snore
Stomp
Strength
Struggle
Swords Dance
Tackle
Tickle

Confusion
Kinesis
Psywave
Telekinesis
Zen Headbutt
Astonish
Destiny Bond
Grudge
Mean Look
Night Shade
Spite
Will-O-Wisp

Heal Pulse
Light Screen
Reflect
Safeguard
Wish

Bodyblock
Chill
Dodge
Shift
Take Cover

Total Cost: 100

Rotom [Motélé]
Nature: Modest (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)

Type:
Electric/Ghost

Abilities:
Levitate

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 91
Base Rank Total: 16

SC: 1
WC: 1

Type: Electric/Fire

Abilities: Levitate

Atk: 2 (-)
Def: 4
SpA: 5 (+)
SpD: 4
Spe: 84
Base Rank Total: 20

SC: 2
WC: 3

Type: Electric/Water

Type: Electric/Ice

Type: Electric/Grass

SC: 2
WC: 3

Type: Electric/Flying

SC: 1
WC: 2

MC: 0

Unlocked forms: Wash, Heat

Attacks:
Discharge
Charge
Trick
Astonish
Thunder Wave
thundershock
Uproar
double team
shock wave
substitute
electroball

Dark Pulse
Electroweb
Pain Split
Sucker Punch
Swift

Protect
Will-o-Wisp
volt switch
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
rain dance
substitute
light screen
reflect

Hydro Pump (WASH ONLY)
Overheat (HEAT ONLY)

Mt Coronet: South Caves

Light streams in from the east entrance towards Oreburgh, and it is easy to see the pool of water on the northern end of the cavern. Across the pool is a slope with several footholds, leading upwards towards the legendary Spear Pillar. On the southern end of the room, however, is another slope, leading downwards, further into the earth, into darkness... but that's where Walker was seen, deeper in the earth.

From the west entrance of the cavern, from Hearthome, marches a mysterious figure along with a Bisharp. Close behind him, a second figure, in a charming white dress with a pink hair band quickly follows with her Rotom-W ...

What do they do?

Head down into the lower cavern, relying upon Bisharp's superior senses in the dark to get me through if it is too dark to see. If we encounter something new, then stop and wait for another order. After all, if Walker is there, then so is all the action.

No one cares about Spear Pillar, its just a home to some legendaries that we wouldn't have any ability to control so are useless at best and, at worst, strong enough to put an end to our quest.

Banished from her body, the Ghost floated into the entrance to the cave, with the rotom in tow.

I need to find her... she thought. I need to find her badly...

"Her" the other half of her, her sister Julia. Twins they were born, and as twins they'd entered the service to Itsumo. However, Julia had gone missing. The journey through the caves with the other Trainer was a great starting place to finding her. However, the Trainer was not in the service... which would prove to be a small liability for her later.

Traitor, she'd be called.

Coward, she'd be called.

She didn't care. She just needed to find the one who had the key to getting back to her body.

"Let's go ahead. No one really cares about this, so let's get it over fast." the Trainer with the bisharp said.

"Watch your mouth," the Ghost growled back. The Trainer said nothing in response, but the hostility between them rose. "This matters to some of us."

Anna & Rotom-W : follow Bisharp through the caves

Cave Area 1: Entrance

Demon Blade and Motélé are surprised as to how Mulan was able to tell what Anna Daytona was thinking in her mind. They imagined that Anna Daytona must have voiced it a bit louder while Mulan was moving around. Anyways, as ordered by Mulan, Demon Blade lead the way for the search team.

Demon Blade, the Bisharp, guides everyone through the slope, that lead them down to the lower cavern. (-2 EN everyone)

It was pitch dark and only Demon Blade and Anna Daytona were able to see the cavern walls faintly. Everyone heard the distant sound of dripping water, and sensed that the cavern should have a water body some distance away. Mulan and Motélé, however, were lost in total darkness. But since, they followed Bisharp to the lower cavern, they were able to walk unscathed. (-2 EN, Bisharp; for guiding)

The Team heard a faint giggle, probably of a wild life and it was moving. Soon, another giggle filled the cavern silence and the two creatures were interacting together. Bisharp and Anna Daytona were not able to see the creatures clearly; but from their voices, inferred them to be Friendly.

The Sassy Demon Blade couldn't stay away from the lively distraction and broke ranks with the Search Team, trying to find the two creatures by himself. Mulan called out to Demon Blade and he stopped immediately, but he is quite a distance away from the group now and the creatures have turned silent.

What will the team do now?

Team Mulan:
|

@Mulan15262(M) | Demon Blade (M)
Long Sword | Rare Candy
Fighting / Steel | Dark / Steel
HP: 90 | HP: 100
EN: 98 | EN: 96
Stats: 3/2/1/3/55 | Stats: 6(5)/4/2/4/60
S: 3, W: 3(4) | S3, W: 4
Light Metal | Defiant
Defiant | Inner Focus
Simple | Pressure
No ailments | No ailments
No Modifiers | -10 evasion
Serious | Sassy

Team Gem:
|

Anna Daytona(F) | Motélé(N)
Arceus Amulet| Everstone
Psychic / Ghost | Electric / Water
HP: 80 | HP: 90
EN: 98 | EN: 98
Stats: 1/2/3/2/60 | Stats: 2/5(4)/5/5(4)/84
S: 3, W: 4 | S3, W: 4
Moody | Levitate
Cursed Body | None
No Modifiers | No Modifiers
Serious | Modest

Field:
Dark cave (hindered movement and -2 acc if no light source is available. Aforementioned accuracy penalty is reduced to -1 if pokemon is ghost or dark-type, and does not apply to ground-types at all)

Chill for a bit to keep energy levels maxed, then try to regroup (and by regroup, I mean get Bisharp to head over to everyone else). If Bisharp refuses, then catch up with Bisharp.

Anna looked at Mulan, and shook her head. "I think he's onto something, Let's follow the Bisharp," she said.

Both: Follow bisharp more, egging him forward.

Demon Blade was in a dilemma, his Trainer was ordering him to come back; whereas, he wanted to take a look at the lively creatures. Soon he sensed movement behind him and saw that Anna Daytona, followed by Motélé, had come towards him and were encouraging him to go closer to the mysterious creatures (-2 EN to Anna Daytona & Motélé)

Mulan chills for a while (+12 EN), and since he is the one who is separated from the group now, he rushes in the direction where Bisharp, Anna Daytona and Motélé went. But alas (rng: 734) he steps on pieces of rock in the darkness and the pointed stones dug into him (-6 HP), He then struggles to find his way to the group (-2 HP, -5 EN).

But as the group come together, a pair shadows slowly move closer. Bisharp looks closely at these shadows and pretty soon the shadows transform into two pink skinned Fairies, who are recognized by the group as Clefairies.

"Pippi!"
They appear to be friendly; but seem a little threatened by your presence and are distracted by Demon Blade's Sharp hands. You might be able to get them to guide you around the cave.

Or you may choose to Capture one of them if you would want to, but the Clefairies won't be too happy about that; as they don't like to be separated.

Team Mulan:
|

Long Sword | Rare Candy
HP: 82 | HP: 100
EN: 95 | EN: 100
Light Metal | Defiant
Defiant | Inner Focus
Simple | Pressure
Chill(1) | -10 evasion, Chill(1)
Serious | Sassy

Team Gem:
|

Arceus Amulet| Everstone
EN: 96 | EN: 96
Moody | Levitate
Cursed Body | None
Serious | Modest

Field:
Dark cave (hindered movement and -2 acc if no light source is available. Aforementioned accuracy penalty is reduced to -1 if pokemon is ghost or dark-type, and does not apply to ground-types at all)

Last edited:
I don't think GemOfTheDay has any eggs to egg Bisharp forward with, and it is pretty hard to egg someone with eggs you don't have.

Besides, knowing Bisharp's personality, throwing eggs at it would probably make it attack whoever through the eggs, not go farther forward.

Whatever you are trying to say, come on out and say it. The internet has no consensus at what egging on means.

Some sources say it means trying to get whatever object to go forward, some say agitating, and some say throwing eggs at. The first would make no sense to me, the second and third would get Bisharp to explode on you (metaphorically, not literally), and the third would also be impossible.

I thought that this is done as a team?

But, if the word is what is stopping your orders, then please find this reference:

Besides, Bisharp didn't move from his place as he was in dilemma. The thing that screwed you last round was your own orders.

Mulan15262 said:
If Bisharp refuses then catch up with Bisharp.
Google said:
Refuses meaning:

refuse1

3rd person present: refuses
  • indicate or show that one is not willing to do something.
  • indicate that one is not willing to accept or grant
  • fail to perform a required action.
There is no way, you can see in the cave, as mentioned in the Hide Tag

Field: Dark cave (hindered movement and -2 acc if no light source is available. Aforementioned accuracy penalty is reduced to -1 if pokemon is ghost or dark-type, and does not apply to ground-types at all)

Try attempting to move in a Dark cave with no light source and you will know why rocks dig into you.

Just to be clear: is your complain about the HP loss or the fact that Anna Daytona was not hurt by Bisharp?

No. My complaint is about how, at least where I live, egging has nothing to do with encouraging, and is unanimously accepted as meaning to throw eggs at someone's property (or, rarely, someone) for malicious intent, usually for the sake of being mean or for pleasure from other's suffering. Wikipedia agrees with me, and so does The Free Dictionary and Urban Dictionary.

If you somehow disregard something that is taken as a fact by every person I know, and every person I have ever known, and disregard that 1) Bisharp refused to regroup (not moving when instructed to move to everyone else seems like it meets the requirement to refuse), that 2) I never said to rush, merely to catch up, and that 3) it is pretty easy to catch up when the group you catch up with is not moving.

Also, thesaurus has several other synonyms for egg on, such as agitate and prod, which would definitely result in Bisharp attacking.

so you are saying, Mulan shouldn't have got hurt by falling down and Anna Daytona's Egging should have failed?

And Mulan should have been able to reach the group easily. Even though the cavern is completely dark, which would make Mulan blind to his surroundings?

If so, then I think you turned a blind eye to the Guidelines that I mentioned in the OP. I am repeating it here for your observance.

The 7th point in the guidelines mentioned in the OP of this Roleplay said:
All Roleplay responses will be based on the Ref's / Mod's Discretion.
The situation is still the same...

Ref's Note: I can completely understand the fact that you and folks around you, were not aware of the fact that egging could mean encouraging. But you have to respect the Ref's decision and move on. I would request you to order with clarity to avoid further confusion on your part. Thank you.

Last edited:
That is not what I was saying. I never said that I should reach the group easily, just that I wouldn't have been rushed (how hard can it be to catch up to a stationary group once you know where they are), and that lack of haste means that the odds of my getting hurt should have been lower (and it should have been easier). Assuming you used a d1,000 for your RNG rolls, a 734 shouldn't mean that I injure myself when I take my time (if I was rushed, as your flavor suggest, it could be believable, but not if there is no rush). Besides, how can GemOfTheDay catch up to Bisharp without a single chance of getting hurt, while I have such I odds of being hurt.

Also, Bisharp should have max energy as he chilled while waiting for the group to catch up.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mulan please stop it; It is referee discretion and you do not have a real argument here because Gale is right with regards to egging him on.

No more on this, continue as normal.

Ignoring a mod is never a good idea; do not let this happen to you!
How come I can't reach Bisharp without injury, while GemOfTheDay can reach Bisharp with no chance of injury? The circumstance was exactly the same for each of us, yet your "referee discretion" gave different results.

• Bisharp's energy level is fixed.
  • The rng roll was for 10000, with <5000 for ill effect; so curse random.org
  • The fact that you chilled before trying to regroup meant that Anna Daytona and Motélé were already near Bisharp. So Mulan didn't know where they are, but only the direction that they went.
  • When you try to catch up with a group, you would usually run towards them. Since you did not explicitly specify that "try to catch up with them but don't run". It falls under Ref discretion.
  • The field effect says that "Aforementioned accuracy penalty is reduced to -1 if pokemon is ghost or dark-type". Since Anna Daytona is part Ghost type, she is able to see enough to avoid falling down and Motélé would follow its trainer as per the order.
  • No further explanation would be provided, unless deemed necessary.
  • The Ref / Mod / Roleplay are not trying to make it hard for you, but that doesn't mean they have to make it easy for you and skip certain haste in ordering. If you feel that the roleplay is going a bit harder than you expected, the ref could make it a little easier for future rounds. But the calc for the second round stands as is.
  • When you come for a roleplay, don't expect things to go your way everytime. When things go wrong, you have to deal with it and move on. It would be very simple for me to just take you to the boss battle, but that would defy the adventure that you are seeking.

• That 1/2 chance of ill effect seems high, but the 1/20 chance I would need for no ill effect is way too low, so I'll not argue on this point.
  • How could GemOfTheDay communicated with Bisharp to try and get it to move on without talking (dark-types are immune to any psychic power that may exists)? Unless you see such a solution, I would be able to know exactly what direction, and about how far, meaning I have a pretty good idea what is going on.
  • I don't know what you are talking about. Irl, I walk at my normal rate and catch up with groups that are moving easily. The inability to see shouldn't do more than counter the fact that they aren't moving, so walking would be just fine (and I would know that as such a heavy steel-type would have difficulty moving without producing sound, especially in caves where the walls would make echoes).
  • But that -1 is still worsae than none (some would have difficulty traversing a cave at light levels found outside at night, and that is still no change in accuracy at all)
  • You can be an annoying referee whose "referee discretion" means that your say goes, no matter what, but that doesn't mean you should be one. It would be very simple for you to say that how it is is how it stays without any reasoning behind that, but that would also defy the adventure I am seeking.
  • The situation still seems biased to me.
  • I don't expect things to go my way. I expect things to go fairly, which is not always the same.

• If you think I am being biased, then I would like to clarify that I am not in any way biased.
  • If you think I am being annoying with referee discretion, then I would also like to clarify that I am not trying to be annoying. What I see as feasible doesn't necessarily mean you would see it as feasible and vice versa. So what if the ref doesn't see your action as feasible? and agrees to disagree? It falls under his or her discretion.
  • The fact that we are discussing this on the roleplay thread is definitely annoying for a lot of folks, so if you want to discuss a reffing please VM the ref / come on IRC when the ref is active.
  • I will not give any more explanation on anything you ask in this thread, because I respect IAR's words.
and for the last time...

Assuming we can get the Clefairy's to lead us (and that they try to lead us at a pace we can follow), let's follow them to wherever they lead us to. Otherwise, I'll move on with Bisharp.

As both the clefaires were a little threatened by your presence and were distracted by Demon Blade's Sharp hands, they felt even more threatened when they saw Mulan approach the group as Mulan was part Steel.

And, one of the Clefairy moves back in fear, while the other comes in front of it, trying to protect it; and ready to fight back if threatened further.

But, your assumption that, you can get the clefairies to lead you is confirmed when the clefaires keep looking back at a particular spot behind them; Whenever, they could get their eyes away from Demon Blade's and Mulan's Shiny Armors. But they are too threatened to approach you, and are petrified, may be their fear of the group needs to be calmed down for them to lead the group further.

pi... pi... pi... {mumbling in fear)
What will the Team do now?

Team Mulan:
|

Long Sword | Rare Candy
HP: 82 | HP: 100
EN: 95 | EN: 100
Light Metal | Defiant
Defiant | Inner Focus
Simple | Pressure
Chill(1) | -10 evasion, Chill(1)
Serious | Sassy

Team Gem:
|

Arceus Amulet| Everstone
EN: 96 | EN: 96
Moody | Levitate
Cursed Body | None
Serious | Modest

Field:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)