Other Team Archive by CTC (ORAS Update) Read Post #517

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Can you build me a team round mag pinsir diggersby core
As quoted by CTC,
aight to everyone posting so if i respect ur post enuf 2 take 3 mins n make a team then u should reciprocate the fuckin effort and check if a team has already been posted. dont fuckin request 1 standard ass mon in a 1 line post,,, fuck u think u is? be elaborate and intrigue me w ur suggestions.

CTC, if you've still got it, do you think you could pass me the rapper team? I know the mons, but I don't know all of the sets/recommended evs

Joey Bada$$ - Sash+rocks

ZOMBiES - Life Orb attacker (idr coverage)

Capital STEEZ - Scarf

CaseyVeggies - near max speed offensive

MF DOOM - idr

Bronsolinio - band

(also what mon do you think would be cool to name Issa)

(dat colour synergy tho)

Hey CTC, wondering if you can think of a good way to run Hawlucha + Gengar together in a team.

Hawlucha became incredibly good post-aegi (and is just hella fun to use in general) and similarly Gengar is a massive threat because people are stacking psychics (Slowbro, Jirachi, Mew, etc) on every single team without giving a fuck. Lucha also appreciates those mons being dead (although i guess it can try to sub/sd on Mew). Life Orb Shadow Ball seems extremely spammable in general and i can't see too much enjoying switching in save for Blobs + Ttar/Bish with the latter two fearing Focus Blast.

Was thinking Ttar + Mega Manec might be a good fit with these mons as they check bird spam which eat Gar + Lucha alive (with Superpower possibly on Ttar for Bish).

Thoughts?

Hey CTC, it's awesome how you're turning this into a workshop and helping others with their teams :] I had an idea that I was wondering if you could build around it:

Scizor @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

The basic idea is that Scizor would lure things like Heatran, Rotom-W and Ferrothorn in, outspeed and proceed to weaken, if not KO for Talonflame to sweep. I'm not sure which item would benefit Scizor more - the main thing I notice is that Lum Berry grants Scizor the ability to achieve 2 SD's if they switch Rotom-W into Scizor, allowing it to have an 81% chance to OHKO with Superpower. Scizor's EVs are so it outspeeds 44 Spe Rotom-W. As of now, the biggest weakness I see with these two mons is Quagsire.

So that's the basic idea - Lure things in with Scizor so that another mon can sweep. Feel free to change anything you feel needs to be changed, even if you feel that there's a better sweeper out there than Talonflame to benefit from Lure Scizor (I can't believe I just said that).

Soul Ameliorate

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak
Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Manectric (M) @ Manectite
Trait: Static
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 240 Atk / 212 Spd
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf

Here's a team ctc made featuring talon and lo zor. You could certainly change the talon set to sd talon.

so... you want a challenge, CTC? I'll give you a challenge.

Meloetta @ Assault Vest/Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 120 Spd, everything else is up to you
Timid Nature
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Hyper Voice
-Calm Mind/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Hyper Voice
-Substitute/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Hyper Voice

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef, 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Defog
-Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fighting
-Hidden Power Fighting/Healing wish

Meloetta is a more defensive version of M-Gard, sporting more physical bulk and pretty much matching M-Gard in SpDef, though this can be boosted by Assault Vest if you choose it. Latias is there as a lure and as a way to alleviate Meloetta's monstrous case of 4MSS, with HP Fighting OHKOing Bisharp and 2HKOing TTar, which really bother Meloetta. However, if you run Focus Blast and you don't think you need it, you can run the standard Healing Wish instead. Thunderbolt is to beat non-AV Azu, as well as having great coverage overall - I don't need Psyshock imo because Meloetta has it.

As you can see, I gave you a lot of room to work with, and that's because I gave you such a hard mon to build a team around. And I actually do have restrictions, but if they prove absolutely impossible to accomplish, you can break them.

1.) No gengar. Gengar is the only Pokemon I hate enough to refuse even using it.
2.) Display Meloetta's niche - don't use it as a lesser version of a mon just because I asked for it.
3.) If possible, try to make the team able to hold its own in a tour or the ladder.
4.) Did I already say no gengar?

Hopefully, this'll give you a proper challenge.

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey, ctc! Is there anyway you could build around banded victini, specs keldeo and maybe lead or life orb garchomp. And sorry if you already made a victini team and I did not see it.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
SHABBA! yea,,,,, i see a lot of requests and i also see a lot of shit requests,,, if my math is correct i believe the sum comes out to about 1.34 go fuck urselves
nah jk some of these ideas r decent enuf to beguile the tedium of scholastic undertakings.
i shall holla at the rain spex oma team revamp, a meloetta team, luchagar, kyurem ninja and perhaps a few more. oh will make a cm keld venu tran bulky offense type squad too

Hey, ctc! Is there anyway you could build around banded victini, specs keldeo and maybe lead or life orb garchomp. And sorry if you already made a victini team and I did not see it.
glad i asked
-

Last edited:
ctc whenever possible can u make me a team with this set fren?

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Power-Up Punch

thanks in advance lord :]

Hey CTC, good job with your Team Archive :]
If I didn't see wrong, you haven't did a Shaymin squad so here is my request. I would like you make a team with this:

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam / Earth Power
- Psychic
- Rest

Thx in any case.

Hey ctc, decided to make an account to make a request. Lately DragMag has become popular. Could you make a team with these mons?

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

the idea is to switch out on a mag and get the flash fire boost and proceed to sweep

+1 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 342-403 (89.5 - 105.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 330-390 (109.6 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 220-259 (79.4 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Terrakion: 154-182 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 280-331 (94.2 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

+1 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 342-403 (89.5 - 105.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 330-390 (109.6 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 220-259 (79.4 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Terrakion: 154-182 (47.6 - 56.3%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 280-331 (94.2 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
Only the first and last calcs count, as Flash fire only increases the damage of Fire-type moves.

Get this right. Flash Fire does not boost dark pulse's base power genius.
+1 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 145-172 (22.5 - 26.7%) -- 32.9% chance to 4HKO
edit: ninja'd

Last edited:
Hey ctc, decided to make an account to make a request. Lately DragMag has become popular. Could you make a team with these mons?

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

the idea is to switch out on a mag and get the flash fire boost and proceed to sweep
you're missin some evs there bud

I would also like to add that since Flash Fire is an ability based boost and not a direct stat boost, Houndoom loses the Flash Fire boost upon Mega Evolution (assuming it had one in its normal form).
Actually, if houndoom gets a flash fire boost then it keeps it, even after mega evolving. I believe this is because the flash fire ability just gives the pokemon the flash fire "status", (what you can see next to stat boosts) and it keeps this flash fire status even when it loses the ability. I could be talking out of my ass about how the ability works, but I know for sure that it keeps the boost after mega evolving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)