Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

beat Killah by the 3 points the Steelers D got me. :toast:

PPR league could have been close if my opponent was paying attention.

i should win my standard league match. glad i have JC + KD so i didn't have to make a judgement on JC yesterday.

I too blame Megatron. Read after the game that his coaches used him as a decoy on purpose and that he wasn't part of the game plan. Fucking annoying. Between that and Decker getting the start (rendering Jeremy Kerley useless), I managed to turn a possible win (would have started Mike Evans > Megatron and obviously Decker > Kerley) into quite a convincing loss.
You always start Megatron.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That was my mentality but I was misled about how unhealthy he was. Not that the Lions coaching staff should give a fuck about fantasy players, I'd have done the same thing if I were them.
The first rule of Fantasy Fight Club is: You always start Megatron.
The second rule of Fantasy Fight Club is: You always start Megatron.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Always starting McCoy sure hasn't worked very well for me so far, not that I have any real alternatives with the injuries I suffered to Ingram/Woodhead anyway.

See also: every elite RB not named DeMarco Murray, and kinda Lynch/Forte but they've merely been passable

Always starting McCoy sure hasn't worked very well for me so far, not that I have any real alternatives with the injuries I suffered to Ingram/Woodhead anyway.

See also: every elite RB not named DeMarco Murray, and kinda Lynch/Forte but they've merely been passable
This post was fine til you mentioned Lynch, sorry to call you out. I sure hope Charles sucks again tonight though!
Is it blasphemous to say going for an elite RB in the first round is a crapshoot? It seems pretty rare that it actually works out...
I've been rolling along pretty well taking Brees and Graham in rounds 1 and 2, then rounds 3, 4, and 6 were Alfred Morris, Giovani Bernard, and Rashad Jennings, all three of whom have produced more than most of the "elite" RBs.

This post was fine til you mentioned Lynch, sorry to call you out. I sure hope Charles sucks again tonight though!
Is it blasphemous to say going for an elite RB in the first round is a crapshoot? It seems pretty rare that it actually works out...
I've been rolling along pretty well taking Brees and Graham in rounds 1 and 2, then rounds 3, 4, and 6 were Alfred Morris, Giovani Bernard, and Rashad Jennings, all three of whom have produced more than most of the "elite" RBs.
lynch has been the 2nd best back in fantasy football. with the first being murray obviously. the only 1st round running backs that have been playing well are forte (eh) and lynch.

i have this gut feeling that jamaal charles is gunna reaggravate the high ankle sprain and remind us of 2013 CJ spiller. meaning that knile davis is gunna become the 2013 fred jackson. of course, seeing as how i have knile davis starting... one can only dream :/

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Le'Veon Bell has been putting up pretty consistent numbers from week to week as well, and he has shown to be pretty matchup proof. McCoy's numbers are an absolute shock to me to be honest. I've noticed an unusual number of studs struggling this year, like Megatron and BMarshall.

That was my mentality but I was misled about how unhealthy he was. Not that the Lions coaching staff should give a fuck about fantasy players, I'd have done the same thing if I were them.
Look on the bright side: Megatron didn't suffer a setback with the Lions coaching mindfucking fantasy owners and the Jets

Le'Veon Bell has been putting up pretty consistent numbers from week to week as well, and he has shown to be pretty matchup proof. McCoy's numbers are an absolute shock to me to be honest. I've noticed an unusual number of studs struggling this year, like Megatron and BMarshall.
Bell was falling to the 3rd+ round, though, due to fears about Blount eating into his workload (plus a bit of him getting busted for pot). Apparently those fears were unfounded, though, or the coaching staff realized that Bell >> Blount.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I own Bell in all my leagues. Big fan of his pass catching abilities, he was way too underrated going into drafts.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Donald Brown was a bust. Megatron was a decoy. Vernon Davis got injured. only 2/9 of my players met projections. I was up on him by 30 pts going into tonight but apparently Jamaal Charles decided to take a dump on me.

3-1 not a bad start but i'm pretty salty about this one gg PttP

entering monday night, i was up by 1 point.. I had patriots defense left and my opponent had nobody left. I was confident in my win.. THEN MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL HAPPENED.

PS. he had started falcons d for -4 points
pss. apparently when the chiefs score a TD, the points are subtracted from new england defnse (makes no sense), i found out the hard way
psss. FML

entering monday night, i was up by 1 point.. I had patriots defense left and my opponent had nobody left. I was confident in my win.. THEN MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL HAPPENED.

PS. he had started falcons d for -4 points
pss. apparently when the chiefs score a TD, the points are subtracted from new england defnse (makes no sense), i found out the hard way
psss. FML
in that situation, i sit my defense. sure you can say you want to get the extra points for tiebreakers and shit, but i don't think it's worth risking a win.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
So fanduel was pretty fun, checked it out after reading what Aldaron said about it. I just played in the shitty 1 and 2 dollar leagues to test the waters and I did a lot better than I thought I would. I could have gotten a pretty big cash out if Julian Edelman didn't do so bad =/

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Needed 9 pts combined from Stevan Ridley and Julian Edelman (in a league that is PPR and gives points for Return yards). Did I get it? Of course not.

But at least I'm not @MrE

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I needed 16 yards from Edelman to win against a guy starting four players on bye while I'm also beating my projections. He got 23. The relief was real.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So fanduel was pretty fun, checked it out after reading what Aldaron said about it. I just played in the shitty 1 and 2 dollar leagues to test the waters and I did a lot better than I thought I would. I could have gotten a pretty big cash out if Julian Edelman didn't do so bad =/
DID YOU USE ME AS A REFERRAL

NO YOU DIDNT

lol you should come into #pokemon during the week (not sure if you do anymore), me / ln / jabba all did it (along with ck) and we're 5 out of 5 with main submissions in the past two weeks

i got $75 from my $25 league and $20 from my $2 league, and $75 from a $25 league last week
jabba got $60 from his $5 league
ck got $12.5 from his $5 (according to jabba)

others should also consider playing...it's fun, though this week looks like a pain in the ass as barely any obvious good value picks

i have Julius and Kelce, and since Kelce is starting to bust out, i'm thinking about trying to deal JT for an RB1 or WR1 (as suggested to me earlier in the season). with Calvin Johnson's fairly disappointing start, would i be crazy to propose a 1|1 trade for him? guy who owns him has Olsen starting.

obviously the other option is to flex Kelce, which i'm not opposed to, but my starting WR are Brandon Marshall/Keenan Allen/Colston, and i think another top tier WR could really help out. the guy also has Antonio Brown, so if he rejects CJ, maybe i can get AB + an RB2 or something? or maybe Kelvin + Gio for JT + FJax or something ? am i out of my mind?

also i'm thinking about starting Jeremy Hill over FJax this week/

i have Julius and Kelce, and since Kelce is starting to bust out, i'm thinking about trying to deal JT for an RB1 or WR1 (as suggested to me earlier in the season). with Calvin Johnson's fairly disappointing start, would i be crazy to propose a 1|1 trade for him? guy who owns him has Olsen starting.

obviously the other option is to flex Kelce, which i'm not opposed to, but my starting WR are Brandon Marshall/Keenan Allen/Colston, and i think another top tier WR could really help out. the guy also has Antonio Brown, so if he rejects CJ, maybe i can get AB + an RB2 or something? or maybe Kelvin + Gio for JT + FJax or something ? am i out of my mind?

also i'm thinking about starting Jeremy Hill over FJax this week/
Why would he want to trade for Julius Thomas if he already has Greg Olsen as his TE?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)