Not open for further replies.
Disqualified: Final Submission
Electracid

Electric+Acid

Electric/Poison typing lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I just wanted to say that srk1214's Ikasushi submission is like an entire tier above the rest of the names

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I just wanted to say that srk1214's Ikasushi submission is like an entire tier above the rest of the names
I don't know, it's a nice foreign sounding name but if you know what it means it's a bit questionable. I'll admit using a general term for fish instead of specifying its a ray is a unique angle no one else had thought of... but sushi refers to it being used as food and would you eat Cap19? It's like a pufferfish except 10,000 volts more dangerous (as I'd imagine you'll need to remove its poison sacs and electrical sacs). And once again it strictly refers to its Electric type but not its Poison type.

I would vote for it being Cap19's Japanese name (mainly because it was the only suggestion that could be its Japanese name). Have we ever thought of giving the CAPs foreign names?

Battaray

Combination of both "Battery" (a device that converts chemical energy into electrical energy) and "Ray" (which is the animal our Pokemon is based off of).

Pronunciation: BAT-tuh-ray
IPA: bætəreɪ

Phosphoray

Phosphorus/Phosphorescence+Ray. Phosphorous glows in the dark and large quantities can be toxic, so it fits the design well.

Pronunciation: Fos-FER-ay

Toxilevin

Toxic (pretty self explanatory) + levin (lightning, thunderbolts)

pronounciation: Toxi-le-vin

Stingray

Sting(Poison Sting) + Ray(Gamma ray - Double poison and electric here) = Stingray (Inspiration animal)

STING-ray

Lumiskate

A portmanteau of Illuminate (To supply light or brighten up) and Skate (a species of Rajinae, the same family of fish as the rays).

Pronounced: loo-muh-skeyt
IPA: lu-mə-skeɪt

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Gammarayth

Ray + Gamma Ray + “Wraith.” Ray refers to light and the animal. A Gamma Ray is strongly radioactive. Wraith is an otherworldly doombringer.

Pronounced: GAM-uh-REYth
IPA: ˈgæməreɪθ

Manthoray

MANTa + THOR + RAY (Obviously, CAP is based on a manta ray; it also has the potential to produce rays of light via electricity generation. And this electricity generating ability also allows Thor's name to be worked in, since he is the Norse god of storms--Storm Drain helps here, too.)

Pronounced: MAN-tor-ay

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Teslaray

A combination of: "Tesla" (Serbian Scientist who discovered AC current) and "Ray"

Pronounced: TES-le-ray

Final Submission

Wringrayth

Wring from Storm Drain, ray from manta ray, rayth from wraith, because ring-wraiths float like manta rays, wield poison, and are cool.

Pronounced: RING-reyth

I managed to rip off two people at once (Deck Knight for ending in rayth and Tolkien for ring-wraiths) but oh well. Kind of rolls off the tongue, but probably just because it's a word we've heard before, just spelled weirdly (having the unfortunate side effect of the eye being drawn to gray.)

Final Submission

Mobulampe

Mobula ray + Ampere. A Mobula ray is closely related to the manta ray. Ampere signifies electricity.

Pronounced: MOE-byoo-LAMP

Shadowshocker

It shall rest here in peace. Forever, if you wish.
is a Top Artistis a Smogon Media Contributor

Cystorm

Etymology: Nematocyst/Cnidocyst (needle-like structure that contains toxins) + Storm (allusion to electricity)
Pronunciation: sih-STORM

Final Submission

Denkaei

This Pokémon gets its name from the Japanese words for electricity ("denki") and stingray ("akaei"). It also helps the Pokémon to sound mythical.

Pronounced: deh-(n)-kah-eh-ee

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Yeah that's not showing bias at all.
Please quote me the rule in the OP that prevents me from stating my favorite name.

edit: really tho, i looked and couldnt find one

edit2@below: not atmantis? u noob

Last edited:

Mantalantis

Derived from Manta and Atlantis.

Pronounciation: MAN-tuh-LAN-tis

Mantery

Manta Ray + Battery. They fit together pretty well, I think.

Pronounced MAN-tuh-ree.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I was going to submit something, but I can't think of anything that I like more than Stingwave. Simple and elegant :)

Final Submission

Batoiray

From Batoidia, the superorder of cartilaginous fishes (like sharks) containing, among other species, stingrays and electric rays, and Ray, because rays. Also sounds like battery.

Pronounced: BA-toy-ray

Somewhat obscure, yet simple enough, and has a pun in it. First name sub, so let's see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)