The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it weird that I'm getting a hard on from Brady's (and the Patriots) decline?
His release is probably for the better. Stick him in a team with a crapload of offensive talent and let him go out with decent stats(for once in his statistically average career).
being a chiefs fan has never felt this good!
Calm down, it's just one regular season home game against a crappy team. Not getting blown out by the Broncos is still the high point of this years KC Chiefs.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
His release is probably for the better. Stick him in a team with a crapload of offensive talent and let him go out with decent stats(for once in his statistically average career).

Calm down, it's just one regular season home game against a crappy team. Not getting blown out by the Broncos is still the high point of this years KC Chiefs.
sorry guess i should of pointed out that i absolutely hate the patriots and to have the chiefs with one of the most mediocre offenses in the league blow them out is hilarious

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's time for Pats homers and Brady fanboys alike to come to terms with the fact that Brady's declining and is on the fast track to retirement
i came to terms with that when people were making fun of manning throwing shitty spirals after he came back from neck surgery and then watching brady do the same

don't get me wrong though, the afc east is still garbdix and the pats will probably grab the 4th seed on that alone like every year

jacob

i came to terms with that when people were making fun of manning throwing shitty spirals after he came back from neck surgery and then watching brady do the same

don't get me wrong though, the afc east is still garbdix and the pats will probably grab the 4th seed on that alone like every year
bills to win the division imo

Enjoyed the ass whupping handed down by the Chiefs. Though I think it's still a bit of a stretch to say the Bills or Jets will win the division as much as I hate the Patriots. Still 12 more games, which is more than enough times for fortunes to turn. After all as if proof this season isn't "odd" enough, the only undefeated teams left in Week 4 are the Bengals and Cardinals, and neither played this week lol.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Broncos/Bengals will be #1/2 seeds, depending on how Denver's season plays out and if the Bengals continue to look strong and don't choke they will swap. I think Patriots will still win the division, Bills MIGHT put up a fight judging from what we've seen so far but eh, I don't think you can really say anyone in that division looks solid enough, they all have glaring faults. Colts will be the #3 seed. Chargers #5 as the first wildcard. #6 I think may be the Ravens, might be Chiefs, might be Bills.

NFC is harder to tell, the NFC North is looking pretty unstable - will the Packers establish dominance, will the Bears look cohesive and not pull wins out of nowhere, will the Lions finally live up to expectations and actually perform without a meltdown? Most of their fans seem to believe the Lions always beat themselves at some point, are they finally past that? NFC South could go to anyone - Saints are looking sort of like the Patriots right now in despite being pretty darn good with a good QB in the past decade they are just not putting up results. Falcons are too hot-and-cold inconsistent. Panthers could wind up losing to injuries more than anything else, this division is definitely a crapshoot. Eagles will win NFC East, I mean it's POSSIBLE the Giants or Cowboys become consistently good and beat out the Eagles in wins considering they don't play the #1 seeds, but I really don't think I want to place money on either of those teams taking the division. NFC West is also very hard to call. I think the Seahawks will come away with it, but the two NFC wildcards could EASILY, EASILY be the Niners and Cardinals. Or one of those two teams takes the division and Seahawks are wildcards. It's too early to say if the Niners are going to resume form from the past 3 years of success and if this is really THE Cardinals. They've looked pretty solid so far but as the season goes, will they remain cohesive? Seahawks have a long, hard schedule coming up but RW is only getting better imo. Our defense concerns me.

also lol @ patriots getting slammed. took a page from Tampa Bay's treasure map to nowhere ;[

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Colts will probs be 2 seed. Not many teams are gonna beat them on their schedule.

The cardinals may actually win the nfc west. I wouldnt be suprised one bit.

The jags secondary is young and immature. The linebackers are mostly fine. The jags are having trouble on third down because they arent great at getting pressure with 4 men, which is what gus bradley's defense relies on (we see what happens with seattle when opp qbs have time)

The jags secondary is young and immature. The linebackers are mostly fine. The jags are having trouble on third down because they arent great at getting pressure with 4 men, which is what gus bradley's defense relies on (we see what happens with seattle when opp qbs have time)
the linebackers are not mostly fine. it MIGHT be that they're trying to do too much because they don't trust the secondary, but they are getting beat repeatedly.

i think the young secondary will improve as the season progresses, and that might allow the linebackers to focus on what they're supposed to be doing, which isn't trying to cover Eddie Royal and getting torched for TDs.

Colts will probs be 2 seed. Not many teams are gonna beat them on their schedule.

The cardinals may actually win the nfc west. I wouldnt be suprised one bit.

Indy isnt that good of a team to get the 2nd seed even with their schedule. The only way they could is if they beat both Baltimore and Cincy in the next few weeks.

Heh I would be surprised if they beat Baltimore this week.

Do people like to hype the Colts up just because they play in the AFC South? They are really the same team as Chicago, Dallas, and Atlanta. Great offence, bad defense.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Could've went in the picks topics too but: man I picked KC to win but I haven't seen New England be this bad since the Pat Patriot days.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The colts have played very good defense as of recently, and luck is exteremely good. Not only that but the running game is starting to click. You are saying their defense isint good, but the number one team in the AFC last year had (arguably) the worst defense in the nfl.

Tbh they are an extremely good team, and i think people might be hyping the ravens a bit. This is a colts team that is one of the best in the nfl when they play up to their talent level (hi team that beat both super bowl teams last year).

The colts have played very good defense as of recently, and luck is exteremely good. Not only that but the running game is starting to click. You are saying their defense isint good, but the number one team in the AFC last year had (arguably) the worst defense in the nfl.

Tbh they are an extremely good team, and i think people might be hyping the ravens a bit. This is a colts team that is one of the best in the nfl when they play up to their talent level (hi team that beat both super bowl teams last year).
Their defense sucks. They beat the Titans and Jags who have terrible offenses. Luck is good but dont overhype the guy like everyone does. He's no Rodgers or something.

Im pretty sure Denver did not have the worst defense in the league last year. Not even close lol.

Well no more arcane blackout rules, that's a decent start. Though sadly that means I'll have to put up with more crappy "home" team games that I'd rather not watch instead of a better game of the week >.>

I am kinda curious, how does it work if you live in a state without a NFL team? I know some teams have "territorial" rights in states based on locations if there's more than 1 team, but if you live in like Montana, do you just get whatever the slate of games are for the week? Or do certain teams have priority on states they're not in for broadcasting?

jacob

Well no more arcane blackout rules, that's a decent start. Though sadly that means I'll have to put up with more crappy "home" team games that I'd rather not watch instead of a better game of the week >.>

I am kinda curious, how does it work if you live in a state without a NFL team? I know some teams have "territorial" rights in states based on locations if there's more than 1 team, but if you live in like Montana, do you just get whatever the slate of games are for the week? Or do certain teams have priority on states they're not in for broadcasting?
i live in iowa so if a chiefs game is on thats what we get so i assume its based on proximity to the nearest team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)