Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Pic of the day. In the 3DS version, your fighter gets outlined by your team color. So, how does this work in the Wii U version? Check out this screenshot. In this picture, the outlines may seem faint, but the color intensity is consistent. This means that the farther away and smaller your fighter appears on the screen, the clearer the colors will look.

^ Does that work with Lucas as wel- Oh, right. ;_;

That's kinda the point -Nitro- It's just a bit of fun lol who gets to grips with things the fastest and just to mess about and learn.
I suppose that's true. Didn't think about that aspect. The nice thing about it being on 3DS is I can still have Big House streaming on my TV if it is this weekend so I'm good either way.

Okay, so I'm assuming I'm not the only one who has a lot of trouble accidentally messing up my up-B when I'm trying to recover. If you are, TheMantyke made a nifty guide on Reddit that's helped me out a lot. It may seem kind of obvious, but when it's written down and put logically, it's a bunch of help. (but seriously fuck the Circle Pad ^^)

On another note, I've been watching Zero's streams a lot and M2K has been playing a lot of Duck Hunt Dog on there. This thing looks annoying af to play against--it's got a couple great projectiles to spam, smashes with a lot of range, and awesome recovery. Unlike a lot of other projectile-based characters, it isn't completely helpless up close, so basically it's a nightmare to deal with. I think DHD will be the main character for people who like to play with more campy playstyles.

Duck Hunt (Dog? Duo?) certainly has a great projectile game on his hands and is looking to be a great character. I've heard that if you can keep rushing him down though, he becomes a lot weaker. Big, easy to hit characters like Dedede and Bowser don't seem to enjoy him. Characters like Sonic apparently give him some trouble. I'm also very curious to see how Rosalina's Down B interacts with his flurry of projectiles.

Also, I'll be going to the midnight launch for SSB4 at Technology Square, Atlanta, Georgia's Gamestop. Say hi if you see me!

Pic of the day. This is the Orbital Gate stage. This is a Wii U version-exclusive stage reenacting Team Star Fox's defense of the Orbital Gate from an Aparoid missile attack.

(Comment 1)

Missiles are launched towards the Orbital Gate! The force field shields the machinery for a while, and the missiles eventually get shot down by team Star Fox. Overall, this stage feels like a ride. It's pretty hectic, so hold on tight!

(Comment 2)

Arwings are passing through the gate! And the fighters hop on for a free ride!!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
yo im in for this tour, and i prefer skype since im used to it and cbf working out google+ zzz
If you have a G+ account, literally all you do is click a link and you join the hangout. It's THAT easy.

Also, looks like another banned tourney stage rofl :P Graphics are superb though.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After playing the demo for a bit, and just from watching I'm sure I'll enjoy the game and play it tons, but with PM 3.5 I can't say I'll just be gaming it much. The rubber band damage boost just makes matches really long. The default game format of 2 min has never been good for deciding the best player (how many sudden deaths does it take to show this???), plus characters like Villager can last so long on a single stock it's crazy. So I'll still probably put a huge amount of hours in the game, but not nearly the amount compared to melee or PM.

At least I'll have the Smash 3 skin pack to make everything not look completely bland.

I am a strong proponent of trying looser counterpicks (Japes, Corneria, and Unova League along with what has already been mentioned) out while the game is still new. It is very much so worth to consider the removal of several chaingrabs and infinites when thinking about Corneria's wall and Unova's (very temporary) walkoff. Halberd has been a counterpick in tournament play to generally positive reception and is more hazardous and walkoffy than Unova League; I feel they can be directly and quantifiably compared.

As for scheduling, I agree that we should try to get one going while the game is fresh; I, personally, would be happier the more frequently tournaments are organized anyways. Because I probably won't be able to play well using home Wifi, Friday afternoon would probably be the best time for me to play at school personally, although I could figure out somewhere to go on Saturday as well.

I honestly agree with that. I'm definitely for stages with walls UNTIL an infinite is discovered.

There are some stages (Magicant, the Mario stages, Wily castle) that are, sadly, right out. But a stagelist of JUST 3 stages would be a bit... bland, and that's coming from someone who likes strict stagelists.

I'd be alright with a larger stage list. Lumiose City and Jungle Japes look fine for now. Corneria's iffy but I guess it's fine if we don't find any sort of infinite on the walls (I have a feeling that might not last too long). Maybe the F-zero stage is worth a try. I'd say Unova Pokemon league is out of the question considering the pillars that come out onto the league have really high knockback and make the stage a walk off and that Reshiram / Zekrom attack it.

So I take it all the tourneys organized here will follow said stagelists and rules, right?

Sorry, I guess I'll sit this one out then. :$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)