PS! Model Mod & Fixing Thread

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
Shiny Moltres' front and back sprites are a bit blurry in battles. The non-shiny sprite is fine.

Chinchou has a strange blue outline around it's ... what's it called, light bulbs?

Deoxys Attack has a very flickery back.

Thanks a lot for your hard work. :)

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the reports of weird model gifs on PS, I'm using this thread for both the main site and PS (although I tend to send updates to PS sooner than Smogon). I'd just like to write a few notes as well as a plea for further assistance.

The shiny Moltres fix is interesting because I swore that all the shinies had the same dimensions as the regular, I checked a ton before I even put them up. I'm going to assume ripping the flames just didn't make it easy. So I've recoloured the original to be shiny. PS needs both regular and shiny to be the same dimensions so that neither turns out looking weird.

The result of the weird cutoffs happening lately is when I put through a 'final' update on regular fronts I did a gif trim but it only reduced the first frame, I was already really confident I got them all but I'll take a second run through them all to be safe. Because the dimensions change as well PS will make them look blurry. So they should be easy to find.

Now for every player good or bad who plays on Pokemon Showdown:

If you play PS and with the animations on please be on the lookout for anything even remotely weird on the model rips. Lately I have been doing a ton of misc fixes and catching things I would have hoped others would have told me about. To have all 3200+ model rips be perfect would be rather nice, but I cannot do it alone. I don't play PS as much as all the players combined. Chances are if you see random flashes of static or weird colours/dimensions I can fix it. Heck I've gone through Pokemon like Heliolisk and Kangaskhan Mega frame by frame to fix small issues because I was not happy with the automated compression. So don't feel bad about reporting random errors I have been able to fix hundreds of rips so far, please post them here, describe the problem. It helps trust me.

I'm going to send in another update to PS, thanks everyone.

Last edited:

13ulbasaur

is an Artist Alumnus
Thanks again for your work Layell!

Just gonna post a few more odd things I have seen. I've been a bit hesitant to post problems before because I was worried about being too pushy but now with your post I'll be sure to post everything I find that's wrong. :)

My post was getting a little long so I put it all in spoiler.

Cresselia's back, front, shiny and non-shiny sprites have that blue outline around her, er, pink aura thingers.

If you select shiny for them, Gourgeist Large, Small and Super shows up as a shiny in team preview, but once the battle starts it shows up as normal. This occurs with both back and front view. The normal Gourgeist however shows up shiny fine. I'm not sure if this is a problem for this thread or the bugs thread.

Vivillon's back view is slightly blurry in battles. Front is fine.

Carracosta's shell is flickery around his face and up the top part of his left (our right) shoulder.

Victini's front view is blurry.

Togekiss' feet gets cut off a bit, this only happens for the non-shiny front view sprite.

Also... Front view, non-shiny Togekiss is blurry in battles. But the back view shiny Togekiss is blurry.

Extremely extremely minor, but if you put it on a darker or non white background (i.e. the background in battles) it's easy to notice. On Scolipede's (both shiny and non-shiny) tip of his horns you can see a bit of white pixels moving around outside of it. Again you can't really notice it on the white background of this forum but if you put it against the background of a battle you can see it and I personally can't stop staring at it. Here, I put it against a dark background to show what I mean.
The shading on his tummy also looks a bit fuzzy but idk if that's a criteria to fix it ahah.

A couple of problems with Darmanitan. First, his shiny sprites move faster than his normal one. Also, he has a lot of white pixel noise going on around his eyebrows in all of his sprites, back, front, shiny and non shiny. His shading also seems a bit fuzzy.

Mega Aggron's dark parts of his body are pretty flickery in his non shiny front view.

Shiny Infernape and Shiny Gardevoir's back sprites are a bit blurry. Non-shinies are fine, and front view is a-ok.

Front view non-shiny Typhlosion is a bit blurry. Back view is fine.

Mega Blaziken has quite a few flickery bits. Namely his hands, belly, and both feet.

Non-shiny Solrock's front view is blurry. It's sides and bottom 'sun ray' also gets cut off a bit, the shiny doesn't have this cut off.

Non-shiny Slaking's front view is blurry. The back is fine.

Non shiny mega gengar has a flashing third eye and his shading also goes all crazy.

Deoxys-D's back view has flicker on his leg 'disc'.

Last edited:

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I don't know if it's my resolution but Victini's hips and that area thereabouts look rather blurry.

Aegis' back sprite on its body just above the lefthand side of the shield has a few white pixels. Also a blue line appears in the bottom finger slot on its hands.

Kyurem-B is flashing a lot, especially on the glowing part of its midsection and knee

Last edited:

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?

Tentacool's tentacle is cut off on the left

if you look real closely, Torkoal's smoke sprite is cut off at the top

Also:
[Hide/]

It's back's shading is flashy.

Has some problem on the top right of its head.

Layell edit: Spritomb back

Last edited by a moderator:
tbh i'm not even sure if this needs changing, but i thought jellicent-f's back coloring looked a little off, esp in the biggest puff at the left

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this is the right place, and it may require more work than others,and I don't have an image, but -

Volcanion REALLY irritates me - it is 2D and it still has the white 'blank' space around it - it is just an image taken from MS Paint! I don't know if Hoopa is the same but if this can be fixed in the next update it will really make me happy.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if this is the right place, and it may require more work than others,and I don't have an image, but -

Volcanion REALLY irritates me - it is 2D and it still has the white 'blank' space around it - it is just an image taken from MS Paint! I don't know if Hoopa is the same but if this can be fixed in the next update it will really make me happy.
Sure no problem let me go rip a model for a pokemon that hasn't even been released yet ;)

The fact we have models, heck even those sprites are because of a lot of work from a few people. One of those people is going to send in an update now.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
So it is gonna be done (Or is it sarcasm...)?
I'm glad you have taken your time to consider it :D I think the rest of it is fine, oh and in the BW sprites it still happens :3

13ulbasaur

is an Artist Alumnus

Feraligatr's back shiny sprite has some rather spotty (for lack of better word) texture appear on some of its frames, mostly aroudn the tail and lower back area. It's more noticeable when it's enlarged as the sprites are in battle.

Non-shiny tornadus back sprite has some flickery on its tail cloud puff and some spots appear on its back.

Non-shiny Giratina Origin's back sprite has its yellow parts flickering. Also, take note of the strange line that appears on its left, middle tentacle.
Shiny Giratina Origin has that same line.

The front sprite, note the neck-spikes inner is red, flashes yellow. The right side (our left) of its face also flickers.

Male Pyroar's back non-shiny sprite has a flickering shade on its back.

Non shiny Mega Manectric has a flickery shade on its back, and the two tallest tips of its electric bolt hairdo is freaking out.

Its front sprite also has some flickering at its back legs.

Non shiny Keldeo Resolute's back sprite has flickering back shading.

Throh's non-shiny front view is blurry. Back view is fine.

Non-shiny Gigalith back sprite's red spikes have quite a few flickers.

Non shiny snorlax's outline is all messed up

Shiny Weezing is blurry.

Last edited:

Yanmask's right arm get's cut off when it's floating around, as well as it's bottom chin. Sorry if this is a mistake ^_^

When Shiny Glaceon's tail-tip flicks upwards, there's a little spot where the shading is messed up or something.

It really irritates me that Snivy's face flashes, and has been for a while.
The fix-sheet thing shows
as the fixed image. (I think)
But the left leaf on its head flickers and gets cut off.

Rapidash's flames aren't moving smoothly at all...

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Noivern has discolored spots and flickers on its neck tuft and in its eyes. Its other sprites seem ok though.

Mega Gengar's 3rd eye has flickering issues also, its shiny sprite is fine though.

LAYELL EDIT: Take a look at regular gengar front too

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)