Project Rarelyused TeamBuilding Competition [New Thread Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Molk and Silentverse. OP stolen from NU It didn't matter anyway..

Rarelyused Teambuilding Competition

Hello and welcome to the second edition of the Rarelyused Teambuilding Competition! The goal of this project is to observe and better understand how experienced RU players go about building their teams around a particular core. It's also a great way to improve and refine your own teambuilding skills, or just simply learn how others do it! Anyone is free to participate and I encourage as much discussion as possible; however, I'd like to point out that you do not have to post a team to contribute to this thread. Feedback is allowed and actually preferred in this thread, so if you have comments or concerns about someone's team, don't be afraid to post it! The process is as follows:

Each round, I will choose a core of two Pokemon. It is then up to you to build a team around it, designing sets, teammates, roles, and everything in between. Identifying weaknesses, strategies, and so forth are key parts of teambuilding and I'm quite interested to see how that carries through in this thread. I also hope to emphasize a lot of creativity with this as well—new gems and underrated Pokemon and cores are popping up all the time, and hopefully this thread can bring about a lot of new discoveries about the metagame! After the submission period is over (which will be after around give or take a week) I will announce the voting period, where you will get a couple of days to vote on what you think is the best team. By the end of the voting period, the votes will be tallied and team with the most votes will be pastebinned and archived in the Hall of Fame I will be posting below, and the process will start again with a new core.

Some ground rules:
  • Make the post presentable, use XY sprites and have the team in importable format so it can be used and tested by voters.
  • Make sure you have a paragraph describing how your team functions and how it supports the core.
  • Don't insult users if their teams aren't up to standard, feel free to question why people are running certain things. In fact, I highly encourage discussion but don't be rude about it. Basically, just don't be a jerk.
  • Use hide tags when posting your team, otherwise we will all hate you.
  • You can only have one of the following Pokemon on your team: Doublade, Hitmonlee, Moltres and Meloetta. I want to emphasize creativity in this thread so this helps prevent the same stuff from being posted every round.
  • I will post when you have a day left to get your teams posted. Don't procrastinate. It will only go badly.
  • You are allowed to edit your teams with testing and / or feedback from other people, however be sure to make note of these edits in the original post (i.e. keep an edit log or something in your post). Once the voting period begins however, you cannot edit your teams anymore.
Okay with that said this week's core is going to be...
+

The winner will be logged for the Community Contributor badge if they have remained active, helpful, consistant and promoted quality discussion. Post away :]

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Coming thluuuu!

Shake It Out (Abomasnow) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

What The Water Gave Me (Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Healing Wish

No Light, No Light (Carbink) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Never Let Me Go (Gligar) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Only If For A Night (Escavalier) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Spectrum (Hitmonlee) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Thought process: So, the starting point is Abomasnow and Alomomola. Although I have experience using both Pokemon, my experience with the core outside of atomicllamas's team is sort of null, so I might as well use that as an inspiration.

Spoiler: I eventually ended up scrapping that idea, since that team is both too defensive and old, so I decided to twist the core a little to better fit me as a player: I've decided to use both Swords Dance Abomasnow and Healing Wish Alomomola, since the later allows the former to wreck even more havoc than usual, and it's overall creative. From there, I've decided to immediately start taking care of the important aspects of a RU team, which are hazard control and a solid Moltres counter (broken Pokemon). With that in mind, the third member of the team ended up being Specially Defensive Carbink, since it is a literally perfect Moltres counter and heavily benefits from Wish support from Alomomola, due to its lack of self sustain. Defog Gligar was the obvious choice afterwards, due to the sheer utility it brings to a team. Its slow U-turn allows Abomasnow to come in safely, it can Defog, counter a huge amount of threats and is a bitch to deal with overall. But wait, what about a Psychic-type counter? I noticed that this team meets all the necessary conditions necessary for Assault Vest Escavalier's to succeed, so it was the natural choice. The only thing left at this point was to glue the team together: I needed a Revenge Killer and a possible win condition with that, since both Abomasnow and Escavalier are too slow to net me consistent wins against faster teams. I decided that Choice Scarf Hitmonlee would be a good fit here, since the team already has a really solid defensive backbone, two Doublade lures in Abomasnow and Escavalier, Pursuit support to remove the Ghost-types that stop High Jump Kick spam, and benefits from a strong Fighting-type in general.

This is it, hope you like Team Ceremonials!

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This team is probably ass since i made it in 5 seconds but lets try this anyway

Rhyperior @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 220 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Bold / Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Brave Nature
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Blizzard
- Earthquake

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run / Pursuit

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

This is a bulky offensive team built around Alomomola's wish supporting capabilities, as well as Mega Abomasnow and Escavalier's ability to clear the way for a late game Moltres sweep with their power and great matchup against common Moltres checks such as Alomomola and Slowking. Now first off, i know that while Alomomola is a decent check to both Moltres and Delphox when EVed correctly, i didn't exactly feel safe with just Alomomola holding them off, so i decided to add a Rindo Berry Rhyperior as the first teammate. Rhyperior sets up Stealth Rock effectively, provides a solid phazer and a cool little blanket check to many of RU's most threatening Pokemon. Rindo Berry might be a little unconventional, but it lets Rhyperior take Moltres's Hidden Power Grass and Delphox's Grass Knot from full HP pretty easily, making it a significantly better check to both of them, and even outside of that it's pretty useful for taking random Hidden Power Grasses and things such as Heliolisk's Grass Knot in a pinch.

With Rhyperior added on, priority #2 was finding an effective way around RU's Fighting-types, including Cobalion, Virizion, and Hitmonlee, who could break through Rhyperior and Abomasnow with their STAB moves and either set up on or just brute force right through Alomomola. The first thing that came to mind for checking these three happened to be Choice Scarf Moltres, who couldn't just revenge kill all 3, but could also switch in on the STAB moves of the former two quite reliably, Alomomola's Wish support only made this easier. Outside of simply checking these Pokemon, Moltres was a great revenge killer, checked Durant, Doublade, and Escavalier for Abomasnow, formed an always solid FWG core with Aboma and Moltres, and helped keep up momentum with U-turn, securing its spot on the team.

Now that i had a Moltres, finding a Rapid Spin or Defog user was imperative, especially considering Moltres wasn't the only Pokemon in this team weak to Stealth Rock. Gligar was the perfect fit. It's by far the most reliable Defogger in the tier, thanks to its bulk and access to reliable recovery, it didn't kill Momentum because of U-turn, and it provided the team with another check to the aforementioned Fighting-types, even giving Moltres a great way to pivot into Virizion with its U-turn, bypassing any risk of getting hit by a Stone Edge on the switch.

Lastly, i noticed that this team struggled a little bit with opposing Psychic-types such as Reuniclus, Cresselia, and Meloetta, as well as opposing Mega Abomasnow if Stealth Rock had been set up to weaken Moltres. Thus, i decided to add Assault Vest Escavalier in the last slot. AV Escavalier dealt with all these Psychic-types handily and could easily hold back Abomasnow in tandem with Alomomola's wish support, and it could even Pursuit trap Slowking trying to wall Moltres with speed creep, Overcoat even made it immune to hail, so it was the perfect fit!

phantom

Banned deucer.
I decided to take a semi-stall approach with this one:

So basically, you got Alomomola, Regirock, Skuntank, and Granbull walling most of the meta, then you have SD Mega Abomasnow ripping open opposing stall teams and Choice Scarf Moltres as a failsafe against quite a few relevant threats such as Cobalion and being a pretty sweet late-game cleaner all the same. Alomomola glues this team together by providing Wish support to Regirock, Skuntank, and Granbull, as well as Mega Abomasnow when needed. SD Mega Abomasnow isn't something you'd expect on a semi-stall team, but it does quite a few useful things. First off, it limits the amount of layers Accelgor and Omastar get to one, which is incredibly clutch for this team. For two, it makes the battle against opposing stall teams much less tedious thanks to its incredible stallbreaking prowess. And for three, its weather-changing ability helps fend off random weather teams, which is always nice. So afterwards, I noticed both Alomomola and Mega Abomasnow were eaten alive by Moltres and of course when you build any team, you need Stealth Rock, so Regirock was a no brainer. Regirock also provides this team with a very strong Exploud check, among other things. I then noticed that this team was really weak to Fighting-types, especially Hitmonlee, so I chose Granbull because it provides cleric support. Granbull also provides Thunder Wave support, allowing it to cripple a given number of threats so as to make it easier for SD Mega Abomasnow to sweep, which is one of the reasons I chose it over Aromatisse. The other reason I chose Granbull is because this team is weak to Magneton, and Granbull can Earthquake it instead of giving it a free switch-in. Toxic Spikes looked like it would be an annoyance as well as boosting Psychic-types such as Reuniclus and Cresselia, so I decided to slap on Skuntank, which does all of: beat CM Psychic-types without being trapped by Dugtrio, provide Defog support, absorb Toxic Spikes, Pursuit-trap Bronzong for Mega Abomasnow, Pursuit-trap Slowking for Moltres, and give this team a way to pick off Calm Mind Delphox, as well as having the ability to pick off Meloetta with Sucker Punch and smash a boosted Doublade with Punishment. Moltres was the last Pokemon added to the team, but it provides quite a few things of its own: another Doublade check, a late game cleaner, a way to revenge opposing stallbreakers, and most importantly, allows this team to fend off Cobalion, which otherwise sweeps as you can see.

PS: For preference, this team can play a bit more aggressively by going Toxic < Healing Wish on Alomomola, Dread Plate > Black Sludge on Skuntank, and Thunder Wave > Toxic on Regirock.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Punishment
- Pursuit

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 136 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Shard
Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Healing Wish
Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn
Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 112 Spe / 144 HP
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Will-o-Wisp
- Roost

the basic premise of this team is to use m-aboma as a doublade lure and wallbreaker, thereby allowing three attacks sd cobalion to sweep. hw mola allows me to play a bit recklessly with both mons, giving them a second wind if the get statused or badly weakened. gligar is a standard defogger and slow pivot with u-turn, and has good synergy with mola. regirock is my chosen sr setter and fire check, striking a nice balance between rhyp's offensive prowess and carbink's not dying to hp grass. blackglasses tomb with taunt in the fourth slot is a great check to fighting and psychic types, and also works somewhat as a late game cleaner thanks to taunt+sucker.

edit: replaced spiritomb with fletchinder, as the latter is a more adept cleaner and fighting check, while the offensive pressure of cobal and aboma is generally enough to keep psychics from being too threatening.

Last edited:
I start seeing a pattern here in the various teams and I think a bit of discussion about it might be interesting.
While Alomomola+Abomasnow is a strong core synergy wise it obviously struggles with some Pokemon like Moltres. Adding a Rock-type was quite a no brainer as the other way to deal with them, specially defensive Water-types like Lanturn and Slowking, would have been rather redundant. Carbink, Rhyperior, and Regirock were the chosen Pokemon for that role with Carbink and Regirock being more "dedicated counters" and with Rhyperior that, while it is a worse Moltres counter all around, has some useful qualities in its offensive presence, Volt Switch immunity (useful so that Volt Switch users can't easily gain momentum on Alomomola), and not being as prone to Doublade. Then the teams were kinda susceptible to Fighting types and a strong Fighting resist was added (Gligar, Granbull, Moltres even).
Then depending on the team a check to the strong Psychic types that roam in the tier and can switch in quite easily into Alomolola was added and the last slot went to a revenge killer.
Depending on the Pokemon chosen obviously the teams went on different directions but I can feel like those teams represent balanced teams in the tier quite well.
I might post a team later :)

Okay I'm going to make the rounds a little shorter for this.. You have 24 hours left to submit teams before the voting will commence.

migzoo

new money

Ye Olde RU HailRoom, by migzoo

Pretty much your cookie-cutter Aboma-Rhyp-Reuniclus HailRoom team. Alomomola works very well on HailRoom teams, as it passes fat wishes to keep your TR setters healthy, while covering weaknesses to Fire and physical Fighting attacks. Here, Abomasnow serves as a powerful TR mixed attacker. I was lazy and threw max EVs in both attacking stats, but this is arguably justified, since it gives it a decent chance at OHKOing Virizion and Amoonguss with Blizzard. Rindo Rhyperior (which I thought of myself tyvm) checks Moltres, sets SR, and serves as a good physical attacker under TR. Aromatisse is a self sustaining TR setter, which also passes Wishes and covers Hitmonlee weakness. And finally, Banded Escavalier because AV Escavalier makes everyone forget the OG 5th Gen Band set that still reks.
Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 248 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Rhyperior @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 220 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Wish
- Protect
- Trick Room
- Moonblast

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Escavalier @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Alright the time for submitting is now up, definitely noticed a trend in teams as most of them just added Rock type + Defog and two fillers.Voting is open now, you can only vote for one team and you can't vote for your own.

The choices are..

Pearl.
Molk
Spirit
mallpal
migzoo

GO

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Spirit

Skuntank and Granbull are pretty interesting additions that work quite well imo =).

Spirit
Different approach than the other teams which is cool.
Also Granbull is awesome

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
K, I'm going to take this over for a while at least, as New Breed appears to be .dead :[

Week 1's winner is Spirit

I've updated the Hall of Fame

Week 2's core is:

+

I'm interested to see what direction you guys take this cause it can go balanced, stall, or even bulky offensive with these two mons.

Round is open for ~ 4 days

phantom

Banned deucer.
Standard Stall:

It's hard building a stall team that isn't overly susceptible to Dugtrio and Pursuit-related trapping, but this is as good as it gets with that broken shit being so pervasive in this meta. Anyway, Gligar and Drapion are a pretty okay defensive core, you got Gligar walling most physical attackers and Drapion countering CM Psychics and setting up Toxic Spikes. Their problem is that both can't stand status and Drapion has no recovery, so I decided to slap on Audino which does a good job Wish passing and relieving status with Heal Bell. Audino > Aromatisse because I can't be assed running a Wish passer that isn't self-sufficient and Alomomola isn't all that great when you need your bulky Water slot to actually beat Moltres and Delphox. Bronzong was added to the team as an Exploud check, but more importantly, it also beats every type of Mega Abomasnow, besides those CT-esque Shadow Ball variants. Bronzong was also picked over Registeel because it isn't trapped by Dugtrio and provides a secondary Rhyperior check. Second to last slot was reserved for Lanturn because it beats Moltres without being Pursuit-trapped. It can't do shit vs Dugtrio though, but at least Audino is there as a secondary check if need be. Lanturn also beats SubBulkUp Braviary thanks to Discharge while also checking Delphox, so there's that. Substitute + Roost Moltres was added in the last slot because it's complimented rather nicely with T-spikes support, that and this team needs a way to beat Hone Claws Durant, Curse Registeel, CB Escavalier, and opposing stall.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Toxic Spikes

Audino @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Discharge

Moltres @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bulky Offense n_n:

Alright so basically SD Drapion seems really anti-meta at the moment, capable of hitting a lot of the tier super effectively with it's STAB moves alone, however, it is easily worn down, and never quite strong enough to sweep. Gligar helps Drapion out by removing spikes / stealth rock which can annoy Drapion, as well as by countering Cobalion, the most common offensive threat to Drapion. Because Drapion is excellent at wearing down its own checks thanks to Knock Off, and can do work against defensive teams barring things like Scald burns or random T-waves, Mesprit makes a great partner for Drapion, as it is immune to Ground-type attacks aimed at Drapion, provides Stealth Rock Support, and most importantly provides Healing Wish support, allowing a weakened Drapion to come back and sweep an opponents team after wearing down its own counters. SD Mega Abomasnow is also rediculously good right now, and lures in common Drapion checks such as Registeel only to bop them with a +2 Earthquake, while also being really hard for offensive teams to take on with it's +2 Ice Shard. Slowking is a secondary Cobalion counter, and more importantly a Fire-resist, though you must be sure to play carefully around pursuit trappers. I was pretty satisfied with the team at this point, but I realized that I needed some speed, and Fletchinder was also pretty threatening to the team, so that is where scarf Magneton comes into play.

Drapion @ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Aqua Tail
- Poison Jab

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Dragon Tail

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Stall

An early assumption: IMO build stall team in RU is not easy, there are too many boosting physical/special attackers, with decent stallbreakers. Either way, I was just building some days ago with Gligar/Drapion, identifying them as a good defensive core for a toxic spikes stall. So I built it with some standard set, paying attention to roles and general team coverage.

Physycal defensive Gligar is standard to wall most physical attackers, Specially defensive Drapion is a good teammate, it can phaze setup sweepers with Whirlwind, spread Toxic Spikes to cripple counters and also it can use Taunt (and Knock Off) to stop Calm Mind pokemon like Meloetta, Aromatisse or Slowking. Regirock's role is SR setter. Slowking covers ground-water team weakness, Assault Vest's set boosts Slowking's SDef, Dragon Tail forces the target to switch (likely on SR and toxic spikes!). Then Gourgeist-S to stop opponent spinner and with Will-O-Wisp which allows it to cripple physical attackers, plus common combo Leech Seed/Protect to recover HP.
For last slot, I thought about a good physical later sweeper aka SubBulkUp Braviary. With Defiant it's a good answer which punishes Defog users trying to remove entry hazards or Sticky Web, Substitute is for prevent status afflictions. And Bulk Up/BraveBird seems a good way to finish opponents.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SDef / 44 Spd
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind

Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
Evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Gourgeist-S @ Leftovers
Trait: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb

Braviary @ Leftovers
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SDef / 44 Spd
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)