Doubles Landorus-T

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Set 1

Moves
  • Talk about the momentum Explosion provides.
Set Details
  • Tell me what speed lando is hitting with the scarf, I'm assuming its designed to beat 236 Spe modest Deo-a but I haven't checked
Usage Tips
  • Scarf is actually the most common lando-t item in dubs, I wouldn't describe it as a surprise.
Team Options
  • Rotom-W deserves a special mention since it resists Water / Ice and is aslo immune to Lando-T's EQs
  • Mega Pinsir = immune to EQ + Feint support
Set 2

Usage Tips
  • ''Landorus-T should switch out into a more favorable teammate'' kinda iffy wording, change it to a teammate with a more favorable match up imo
Team Options
  • A bit more on cress pls since it can support and is also immune to EQ, mention Helping Hand, TR to counter TR, Icy Wind to lower concerns about speed.
Other Options
  • Excadrill doesn't really run CB, the only CB user I can think of is Kyurem-B in doubles. Change this bit and just highlight how CB is generally far less effective than the given sets
  • HP Ice is really only hitting other Landorus-T to be honest, EQ hits stuff like Garchomp just as hard so I'd drop the mention of clutch coverage.
Checks and Counters
  • Politoed is a good one for offensive typing advantage, it KOs with Scald and provides rain which lets Kingdra and Ludi dunk lando
  • Scarf Kyurem-B isn't really a thing, replace it with scarf gene which is far more common

Get all this is and we'll probably be ready for stamp 3 =]

Stratos

Banned deucer.
check:
  • its hard to find a downside to lando but "he has trouble switching into neutral special attacks" is one. i'd remove the filler "avoid burns" as this is actually really easy for lando to do and replace it with this
set one:
  • earlier i'd have run that ev spread but with manectric and gengar on the rise i'd run 212 now (beats manectric)
  • "choice scarf increases landorus-t's speed greatly, but locks it into a move." nice filler. replace it with 'choice scarf allows landorus-t to outspeed the faster pokemon in the metagame and ohko most of them, rather than be threatened by them"
  • "Jolly can be used to outrun Timid base 90 Speed opponents that hold a Choice Scarf." which are what exactly?? jolly's only purpose is deoxys as far as i'm concerned (there is also mega aero but ive NEVER seen that) (and outspeeding ludicolo in rain i guess?) (anyways id never run jolly)
  • "jirachi heatran excadrill" faster threats? replace these mentions with terrakion, latios, gengar, skymin, thundurus, or basically most things that are actually faster than landorus-t
  • in usage tips you neglected to mention that landorus-t is basically literally always the best lead unless the opponent has a bisharp since u-turn allows u to intimidate, get chip, and then go to the best lead all while moving before anything without priority
  • you also neglected to mention spamming rock slide for flinches
  • also i'd say something about u-turning out when you think the opponent is gonna switch to an intimidate because lando is one of those mons that strangely cant function at -1
  • literally only mizuhime uses blizzard, kill those sentences about top and aegi at the start
  • nothing about levitate users / flying types in team options? i'd start with that lol
  • things that can switch into fire types is a big one since thats one of landos big downfalls, its not a reliable fire type answer
set two:
  • i would not mention life orb on the bulky landorus set
  • mention how sitrus is generally outclassed by leftovers on something that's trying to live long time
oo:
  • i don't know if i'd even do anything to diss the CB set. bulky cb is pretty legit, biosci used it in spl. just say it's viable, but very uncommon.
  • "sub can be used to BLOCK INTIMIDATE,"
  • imprison is mostly for imprisoning protects
c&c
  • mention fake out under utility moves. fake out + strong attack (such as zard heat wave) is the best way to lead against landog because you should assume scarf
  • damage control should be renamed **intimidate and burn**
  • also trevenant is pretty shitty and unused; i'd be more afraid of gourgeist

Sorry for being late but am i the only one that thinks outspeeding Mega Gengar with the Scarf Set is kinda important now? You just need 180 Speed EVs instead of 168 :>

Edit: Whoops just read pwnes post yea manectric is important too :o

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Landorus-T is an extremely important Pokemon so let's get this done

Overview is good

Set 1
-Mention that Stone Edge bypasses Wide Guard; it's one of the main reasons that it's the first slash over Rock Slide
-With Superpower, mention paritcularly Mega Kangaskhan when mentioning Dark- and Normal-types. I find that's the most common recipient of Superpower
-Speed EVs are to outrun Timid Manetric, Gengar, and Shaymin-S
-Usage tips, first line, hitting and running with U-turn and switching back in to reset Intimidate. It doesn't hit and run with Intimidate (it could be interpreted as using Intimidate to hit and run)
-Team Options could use some dusting up.
  • Flying-types and Levitate users are mentioned, but mention them first. Also they are appropriate teammates as they are immune to Landorus-T's EQ, not to tolerate Lando-T's Wide Guard spam (where did this come from?)
  • When you mention Aegislash being immune to Explosion, then mention it has great type synergy, and then it also has Wide Guard to protect itself from Lando-T's EQ. Wide Guard should not be the first thing to come to mind as teammate options - why use a Pokemon solely because it has a move to protect itself from EQ when teammates exist that don't even need a move to be immune to EQ
  • Also mention Wide Guard protects against Icy Wind
  • Then continue talking about Hitmontop and Mega Pinsir, as well as Hitmontop having Wide Guard too
  • Must mention with Hitmontop that having two Intimidate users means you run a greater risk of triggering Defiant from opposing Bisharp and Tornadus, and a +1 Life Orb Sucker Punch has a chance to OHKO Landorus-T
  • Then everything else
  • Add Shaymin-S to Flying-types. Discuss it somewhere. I find the two pair have amazingly offensive synergy. Shaymin-S handles Water-types for Landorus-T whilst being immune to EQ. In turn, Lando-T checks Fire-types for Shaymin-S

Also you forgot to update the large paragraph about set 1 in Pwnemon's update
Pwnemon said:
  • "choice scarf increases landorus-t's speed greatly, but locks it into a move." nice filler. replace it with 'choice scarf allows landorus-t to outspeed the faster pokemon in the metagame and ohko most of them, rather than be threatened by them"
  • "Jolly can be used to outrun Timid base 90 Speed opponents that hold a Choice Scarf." which are what exactly?? jolly's only purpose is deoxys as far as i'm concerned (there is also mega aero but ive NEVER seen that) (and outspeeding ludicolo in rain i guess?) (anyways id never run jolly). Mention that Jolly is not a good option and why.
  • "jirachi heatran excadrill" faster threats? replace these mentions with terrakion, latios, gengar, skymin, thundurus, or basically most things that are actually faster than landorus-t
  • in usage tips you neglected to mention that landorus-t is basically literally always the best lead unless the opponent has a bisharp since u-turn allows u to intimidate, get chip, and then go to the best lead all while moving before anything without priority
  • you also neglected to mention spamming rock slide for flinches
  • also i'd say something about u-turning out when you think the opponent is gonna switch to an intimidate because lando is one of those mons that strangely cant function at -1
  • literally only mizuhime uses blizzard, kill those sentences about top and aegi at the start (my points about team options address top and aegi)
  • nothing about levitate users / flying types in team options? i'd start with that lol
  • things that can switch into fire types is a big one since thats one of landos big downfalls, its not a reliable fire type answer. I actually disagree with adding this. I agree that you shouldn't be using Lando-T as a reliable fire-type answer as it can't switch into Fire-types, but it is a check, and you would be silly to imply that Lando-T fairs poorly against Fire-types. It OHKOes Fire-types after all.
Second set
-"However, it also hurts the Landorus-T's partner as well so care must be taken to mitigate this." move this to the first set. Mention this in the 1st set; it's relevant to both sets but more the first then second - you are locking Landoge into it after all
-Rotom-W and Shaymin-S can also be mentioned in Team Options here for the same reasons as the 1st set.

OO
-With Choice Band, remove the part about usage - the reason it's in OO and not as a set / AC is because to use it, it either gives up the speed provided with Choice Scarf or the ability to utilise Protect effectively. Usage is never a reason for something to be in OO; reasons are always about effectiveness.
-Explain why SR has less utility in doubles then singles - there's less switching, and due to the fast-paced nature of the metagame it's harder to find time to set it up

When mentioning Scrafty in counters, you can also mention that it has Ice Punch

Metal Sonic Should be ready for its 3rd check after this. Let me know when the changes are made.

Last edited:

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Darkmalice Lolk

finally done. strange how i missed a whole paragraph of pwnemon's, maybe a 502 deleted my data or something cause i usually do al stuff step by step

anyway its done now
You're not the only one to have missed stuff in posts before.

Darkmalice said:
Also edit the Lando-T updates when you can. I do intend to stamp Lando-T once those changes are made.
I'm a man of my word

QC 3/3

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
amcheck :)

add remove (comments)

Overview
########
(line breaks after headers can improve readability but are not necessary)
Landorus-T is one of the prime Intimidate users in Doubles. With its sky-high (dash) attack, Landorus-T hits very hard especially with its STAB spread move Earthquake. Landorus-T has access to good offensive typing and access to many coverage moves, with access to powerful spread moves in Rock Slide and STAB Earthquake allowing it to dealing major damage to all the opponents on the field, while and access to U-turn and Knock Off grantings it greater utility and provides great coverage as well. Furthermore, Landorus-T has a great defensive typing, with only weaknesses only to Water and Ice but resistances to s so much more in Fighting, Bug, and Poison while having and two great immunities in Electric and Ground. Thanks to its well-rounded stats, Landorus is versatile and is very easy to fit onto teams. However, Landorus-T has merely average special bulk is a little bit soft on the special side, so he it has trouble switching into neutral special attacks.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
move 4: Superpower / Explosion / Knock Off
ability: Intimidate
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

Earthquake is the mandatory STAB move that also deals powerful spread damage onto both the opponents. However, it also hurts the Landorus-T's partner as well, (comma) so care must be taken to mitigate this. U-turn is great for throwing in an coming in to Intimidate onto the opponents then getting out of the battle fast. Stone Edge can be used as a concentrated Rock-type attack to deal more Rock-type damage to a single target as compared to Rock Slide, whereas Rock Slide is a cool spread coverage move with a nice flinch rate but the side effect of gettings halted stopped by Wide Guard. Superpower is a coverage move that allows Landorus-T to hit Dark- and Normal-types super effectively, most notably Mega Kangaskhan. Explosion is to be used in a pinch to sacrifice Landorus-T and let it deal major damage to all opponents at the start of the turn, and also provides momentum to make certain plays. Knock Off cripples the opponent by removing their item, and it also coversing Ghost-types. Superpower is a final coverage move that allows Landorus-T to hit Dark- and Normal-types, most notably Mega Kangaskhan.

Set Details
========

Choice Scarf allows Landorus-T to outspeed and OHKO the faster Pokemon in the metagame and OHKO most of them, rather than be threatened by them. The Speed EVs are to allow Landorus-T to outspeed Timid Manectric, Gengar, (comma) and Shaymin-S (if it outspeeds all variants of Gengar /Shaymin-S as opposed to only Timid ones, move "Timid Manectric" to the end of the list) . Intimidate cripples the opponents and gives allows Landorus-T and its partner quite a bit of cushioning to survive more physical hits turns. An Adamant nature is used for maximum power. A Jolly nature is not a good option as the additional Speed increase does not allow Landorus-T to outspeed anything significant.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time, Landorus-T will be using a hit-and-run strategy hitting and running with U-turn and switching back in to reset Intimidate the opponents multiple times, (comma) ; (remove semicolon) reducing their Attack stats to disrupt the opponent's strategy. Landorus-T will be is the best a good lead lead most of the time, unless the opponent has a Bisharp, since U-turn allows the user Landorus-T to Intimidate the opponents, deal chip damage onto the opponent, and then switch into the actual best lead all while moving before anything without priority. It is also smart to U-turn out tactically, especially if you predict that the opponent will switch in an Intimidate user, as opposing Intimidate hampers Landorus-T greatly. Landorus-T can function as a powerful late-game cleaner, but many Pokemon in Doubles are immune to Earthquake so be hesitant to wary of usinge it early-game (dash). Landorus-T acts as a great revenge killer to faster threats such as Charizard, Kanghaskhan, Terrakion, Latios, Gengar, Shaymin-S, and Thundurus and more. When you are in a pinch, spamming Rock Slide for that lucky flinch is a viable strategy. Use Explosion to lure and deal a lot of damage to Landorus-T's checks such as Rotom-W and Keldeo, but do not use Explosion early-game DON'T SPAM EXPLOSION EARLY GAME! Wait until the time is right and when Landorus-T can't do much with its other attacks.

Team Options
========

Flying-types and Levitate users such as Rotom-W, Shaymin-S, and Mega Pinsir are appropriate good teammates to tolerate as they are immune to Landorus-T's Earthquake spam, notable partners include Rotom-W, Shaymin-S and Mega Pinsir. Ghost-type partners are also useful as they are immune to Explosion. (period) Aegislash receives a special mention as it has great type synergy with Landorus-T, resisting Ice for Landorus-T it while Landorus-T handles the Ground-type attacks aimed at Aegislash it. Additionally, it Aegislash is one of the two great partners viable Pokemon with access to Wide Guard to protect itself from Earthquake and Landorus-T from Icy Wind, with the other amazing user being Hitmontop. Hitmontop also has Intimidate to completely neutralize the opponent's physical attackers. However, do note that having two Intimidate users means you run a greater risk of triggering Defiant from opposing Bisharp and Tornadus, and a +1 Life Orb Sucker Punch from Bisharp has a chance to OHKO Landorus-T. Hitmontop, along with Mega Pinsir, is also a great Feint user to counter opposing Wide Guard users, because as Choice Scarf Landorus-T is hampered by Wide Guard spam. Mega Pinsir also has the advantage of being immune to Landorus-T's Earthquakes. Bulky Water-types such as Azumarill, Suicune, and Rotom-W cover its Landorus-T's weaknesses. Azumarill is great at KOing the Intimidate Pokemon users, such as other Landorus-T Hitmontop, and Scrafty that check Landorus-T such as other Landorus-T, Hitmontop, and Scrafty. Suicune can take many hits while supporting Landorus-T with Tailwind, Icy Wind, or Snarl. Rotom-W deserves a special mention since it resists Water / Ice Landorus-T's weaknesses and is also immune to Landorus-T's Earthquakes. Many Pokemon appreciate the Landorus-T's removal of Steel-types: (colon) Fairy-types like such as Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon, Steel-types such as Scizor and Mega Mawile, Grass-types such as Amoonguss and Venusaur, and Dragon-types such as Kyurem-B and Salamence all like having Landorus-T as a partner.

Physical Attacker
########
name: Physical Attacker
move 2: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
move 3: U-turn / Knock Off
move 4: Protect
item: Leftovers / Yache Berry
evs: 184 HP / 236 Atk / 88 Spe

Moves
========

Earthquake is a strong STAB spread move that is can deal major damage to both opponents on the field. Stone Edge is a concentrated Rock-type coverage move that can OHKO Thundurus without bulk that do not invest in bulkment. Rock Slide is a good spread move that has nice EdgeQuake coverage with Earthquake and can also achieve a timely flinch on the opponents. U-turn is good for allows Landorus-T to escape from the field when there is a bad matchup. Knock Off is good Dark-type coverage and can also neutralize removes the opponent's item. Protect is useful for scouting moves, stalling out field conditions, or to and survivinge a turn when it is predicted that the opponents will viciously attack Landorus-T.

Set Details
========

Leftovers is to grants Landorus-T greater longevity so that it can Intimidate opponents more often over the course of the match. Yache Berry is for Landorus-T to take down the common Electric-types such as Mega Manectric in the tier that rely only on Hidden Power Ice to attack Ground-types, a prominent example is Mega Manectric. Sitrus Berry is a last option to allow Landorus-T to survive more hits but and thus have more turns to deal damage. However, it is generally outclassed by Leftovers in this role for something that is trying to live for a long time. Intimidate helps neutralize both physical attackers on the opponent's field, (comma) and give your teammates greater leeway, (comma) and reduce damage taken.

This Landorus-T set uses extremely tailored EVs in order to perform at its optimum ability in Doubles. 88 Speed EVs allow Landorus-T to outspeed and OHKO 252 Speed Bisharp. 184 HP EVs allow Landorus-T to survive an Adamant +1 Life Orb Bisharp's Sucker Punch, Modest Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave, neutral natured Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice, both -1 Mega Kanghaskhan's Fake Out and Double Edge combination, and both Adamant -1 Conkeldurr's Ice Punch and Mach Punch combination. The remaining EVs are put into Attack to deal as much damage as possible. (period), and it is to be reiterated that Adamant Landorus-T can OHKO Bisharp and Thundurus with the appropriate move, while Jolly Landorus-T cannot.

Usage Tips
========

As Landorus-T functions as a great check to physical attackers thanks to its ability Intimidate, take all opportunitiesy to switch in on physically offensive attacking opponents in order to cushion both Landorus-T and the partner from their onslaught. However, in the early-game (dash), opposing Intimidate users will be switching in to check Landorus-T's attacks as well, so usually U-turn should be used until these threats have been eliminated. Landorus-T can function well both defensively and offensively thanks to its high Attack as well, so it can be used to putting a lot of offensive pressure on opponents with powerful spread Earthquakes or and Rock Slides. Against a threatening opponent with Water- or Ice-type coverage, Landorus-T should switch out into a teammate with a more favorable matchup so that its Intimidate ability Landorus-T can be preserved.

Team Options
========

Flying-types and or Levitate users partners such as Togekiss, Cresselia, Rotom-W, Shaymin-S, and Thundurus should be used to avoid the dangerous Earthquakes that Landorus-T uses. Togekiss, Cresselia, Rotom-W, Shaymin-S and Thundurus are good examples that fulfill this criteria. Cresselia deserves a special mention for having a great support movepool, with Helping Hand to support Landorus-T, Trick Room to counter opponents' Trick Room, and Icy Wind to lower concerns about the opponents' Speed status. Jirachi is awesome, as it can use Follow Me to deter burns Water- and Ice-type (dash) moves from striking Landorus-T, but though it is weak to its teammateLandorus-T's Earthquake. Bulky Water-types such as Azumarill, Suicune, and Rotom-W cover its Landorus-T's weaknesses. Azumarill is great at KOing the Intimidate Pokemon users such as other Landorus-T, Hitmontop, and Scrafty that check Landorus-T such as other Landorus-T, Hitmontop, and Scrafty. Suicune can take many hits while supporting Landorus-T with Tailwind, Icy Wind, or Snarl. Rotom-W deserves a special mention since it resists Water / Ice Landorus-T's weaknesses and is also immune to Landorus-T's Earthquakes. Many Pokemon appreciate the Landorus-T's removal of Steel-types: (colon) Fairy-types like such as Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon, Steel-types such as Scizor and Mega Mawile, Grass-types such as Amoonguss and Venusaur, and Dragon-types such as Kyurem-B and Salamence all like having Landorus-T as a partner. (this section is exactly the same as the section for the Choice Scarf set so you can copypaste from there)

Other Options
########

A Choice Band set is viable, but to use it, it either Landorus-T must gives up either the Speed provided with Choice Scarf or the ability to use Protect effectively. Hidden Power Ice is an option to kill other defeat opposing Landorus-T. (remove line breaks) On the Physical Attacker set, many other options are available. Assault Vest is great to cushion Landorus-T from special attacks, and works well with Intimidate to cover both physical and special moves, though Landorus-T has to forego Protect to use Assault Vesting physical attackers. However, Landorus-T has to forego Protect to use it. Substitute can be used to ease prediction, protect Landorus-T from status effects and Intimidate, and to act as a cushion against faster checks. Swords Dance or and Rock Polish can be used to boost Landorus-T's stats to terrifying levels and sweep the opponent. Stealth Rock is great to check opposing Pokemon such as Charizard, Mega Pinsir and Talonflame, but it has less utility in doubles as compared to singles because there's there is less switching, and due to the fast-paced nature of the metagame it's harder to find time to set it up. Imprison can be interesting to prevent the opponent's usage of the same moves from using the common Protect, Earthquake, and Rock Slide as Landorus-T, for example the common Protect, Earthquake and Rock Slide. Gravity is another interesting option to cripple the opponent's Flying-types and also reduce the evasion of all Pokemon on the field.

Checks & Counters
########

**Offensive Typing AdvantageSuper Effective Moves (unless Offensive Typing Advantage is a doubles term I don't know about it, change)**: Despite Landorus-T's great coverage and high attack, some Bulky opponents with Ice-type coverage and resist that Earthquake can put a dent in Landorus-T's health. Cresselia functions as a dangerous check with its massive bulk being able to can take multiple attacks and can retaliate with Icy Wind, which has the added effect of lowering the your Pokemon's Speed of the Pokemon on your side of the field. Azumarill also has can use its super effective priority, (comma) or it can take a hit and use Waterfall. Rotom-W is a major counter to Landorus-T, as it has immunity is immune to Earthquake and is not weak to Rock-type attacks, yet and it can easily defeat Landorus-T with a Hydro Pump. Politoed OHKOes Landorus-T with Scald and provides rain, (comma) which allows Ludicolo and Kingdra to dunk Landorus-T. (period)

**SpeedFaster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon with an Ice-type attacks, such as Deoxys-A, Choice Scarf Genesect, Kingdra and Ludicolo in rain, and Ice Shard users such as Mamoswine and Weavile, will be able to defeat Landorus-T. These checks include but are not limited to Deoxys-A, Scarf Genesect, Kingdra and Ludicolo in Rain, and Ice Shard users such as Mamoswine and Weavile. Take note that Shaymin-S and Deoxys-A can also OHKO Landorus-T with their STAB moves, (remove comma) after some prior damage has been inflicted onto Landorus-T.

**Speed Control**: All variants of Landorus-T, but especially the Choice Scarf set, dislikes Trick Room and Tailwind, especially the Choice Scarf set, so its partners should try its their best to neutralize any Trick Room and Tailwind setters to allow Landorus-T to function at its best. Tailwind teams also fulfill the same effect.

**Utility Moves**: Due to the large amount of usage of spread moves, Landorus-T's strategy is foiled spread moves are rendered useless by users of Wide Guard, especially Hitmontop which also has Intimidate to cripple Landorus-T. Shuca Berry or Air Balloon Heatran can also OHKO Landorus-T easily with Hidden Power Ice, yet are and is able to withstand Earthquakes due to their its item. (how does this relate to utility moves? if you keep it make the recommended changes and change the item name to just Utility) Fake Out is also a threat to Landorus-T, as it immobilizes Scarf Landorus-T and renders it vulnerable to another foe's powerful attack.

**Intimidate and burns**: Burns and Intimidate also reduce the Landorus-T's overall effectiveness and damage output of Landorus-T, so try to prevent these effects care should be taken to prevent these effects from happening onto it. These include Common Will-O-Wisp and Intimidate users are Rotom-W and Gourgeist for Will-O-Wisp burns, while opposing and Landorus-T or Scrafty are common for Intimidate users. Scrafty may also have Ice Punch, which is super effective against Landorus-T to cause problems for Landorus-T.

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi
Overview
########

Landorus-T is one of the prime Intimidate users in Doubles. With its sky-high aAttack, Landorus-T hits very hard with its STAB spread move, Earthquake. Landorus-T has a good offensive typing and access to many coverage moves, with access tond powerful spread moves in Rock Slide and STAB Earthquake, allowing it to deal major damage to all the opponents on the field and; access to U-turn and Knock Off grantings it greater utility and great coverage as well. Furthermore, Landorus-T has a great defensive typing, with weaknesses being weak only to Water and Ice but having resistances to Fighting, Bug, and Poison and two great immunities in Electric and Ground. Thanks to its well-rounded stats, Landorus-T is versatile and very easy to fit onto teams. However, Landorus-T has merely average special bulk, so it has trouble switching into neutral special attacks.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
move 4: Superpower / Explosion / Knock Off
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe

Moves
========

Earthquake is the mandatory STAB move that deals damage to both opponents. However, it hurts Landorus-T's partner as well, so care must be taken to mitigate this. U-turn is great for coming in to Intimidate the opponents, then getting out of the battle fastquickly. Stone Edge can be used to deal more Rock-type damage to a single target, whereas Rock Slide is a spread move with a nice flinch rate but the side effect of getting being stopped by Wide Guard. Superpower is a coverage move that allows Landorus-T to hit both Dark- and Normal-types super effectively, most notably Mega Kangaskhan. Explosion is toshould be used in a pinch to sacrifice Landorus-T, and lets it deal major damage to all opponents at the start of the turn, and also provides momentum. Knock Off cripples the opponent by removing their item, and it also coverhits Ghost-types super effectively.

Set Details
========

Choice Scarf allows Landorus-T to outspeed and OHKO faster Pokemon, rather than be threatened by them. The Speed EVs allow Landorus-T to outspeed Shaymin-S, Gengar, and Timid Manectric. Intimidate cripples the opponents and allows Landorus-T and its partner to survive more physical hits. An Adamant nature is used for maximum power. A Jolly nature is not a good option to use should not be used, as the Speed increase does not allow Landorus-T to outspeed anything significant.

Usage Tips
========

Most of the time, Landorus-T will be using a hit-and-run strategy with U-turn and to Intimidate the opponents multiple times, reducing their Attack stats to disrupt the opponent's strategy. Landorus-T is a good lead lead unless the opponent has a Bisharp, asince U-turn allows Landorus-T to Intimidate the opponents, deal chip damage, and then switch into the actual best lead all while moving before anything without priority. It is also smart to U-turn out if you predict that the opponent will switch in an Intimidate user, as opposing Intimidate hampers Landorus-T greatly. Landorus-T can function as a powerful late-game cleaner, but many Pokemon in Doubles are immune to Earthquake, so be wary of using it during early-game. Landorus-T acts as a great revenge killer to faster threats such as Charizard, Kanghaskhan, Terrakion, Latios, Gengar, Shaymin-S, and Thundurus. When you are in a pinch, spamming Rock Slide for that lucky flinch is a viable strategy. Use Explosion to lure and deal a lot of damage to Landorus-T's checks, such as Rotom-W and Keldeo, but do not use Explosion early-game.;Wwait until Landorus-T can't do much with its other attacks.

Team Options
========

Flying-types and Levitate users such as Rotom-W, Shaymin-S, and Mega Pinsir make fore good teammates, as they are immune to Landorus-T's Earthquake. Ghost-type partners are also useful, as they are immune to Explosion. Aegislash receives a special mention, as it has great type synergy with Landorus-T, resisting Ice-type attacks for it, while Landorus-T handles the Ground-type attacks aimed at Aegislash in return. Additionally, Aegislash is one of the two viable Pokemon with access to Wide Guard to protect itself from Earthquake and Landorus-T from Icy Wind, with the other being Hitmontop. Hitmontop also has Intimidate to completely neutralize nullify the opponent's physical attackers. However, having two Intimidate users means you run a greater risk of triggering Defiant from opposing Bisharp and Tornadus, and a +1 Life Orb Sucker Punch from Bisharp has a chance to OHKO Landorus-Takes you weaker to Defiant users. Hitmontop, along with Mega Pinsir, is also a great Feint user to counter opposing Wide Guard users, as Choice Scarf Landorus-T is hampered by Wide Guard spam. Mega Pinsir also has the advantage of being immune to Landorus-T's Earthquakes. Bulky Water-types such as Azumarill, Suicune, and Rotom-W cover Landorus-T's weaknesses. Azumarill is great at can easily KOing the Intimidate users, such as other Landorus-T, Hitmontop, and Scrafty, that which check Landorus-T. Suicune can take many hits while supporting Landorus-T with Tailwind, Icy Wind, or Snarl. Rotom-W deserves a special mention, asince it resists Landorus-T's weaknesses and is also immune to Landorus-T's Earthquakes. Many Pokemon appreciate Landorus-T's removal of Steel-types: Fairy-types such as Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon, Steel-types such as Scizor and Mega Mawile, Grass-types such as Amoonguss and Venusaur, and Dragon-types such as Kyurem-B and Salamence all like having Landorus-T as a partner.

Physical Attacker
########
name: Physical Attacker
move 2: Stone Edge / Rock Slide
move 3: U-turn / Knock Off
move 4: Protect
item: Leftovers / Yache Berry
evs: 184 HP / 236 Atk / 88 Spe

Moves
========

Earthquake is a strong STAB spread move that can deal major damage to both opponents on the field. Stone Edge is a concentrated Rock-type coverage move that can OHKO Thundurus that do not invest in bulk. Rock Slide is a good spread move that has EdgeQuake coverage with Earthquake and can also achieve a timely flinch on the opponents. U-turn allows Landorus-T to escape from the field whenif there is a bad matchup. Knock Off is a good Dark-type coverage move and removes the opponent's item. Protect is useful forto scouting moves, stalling out field conditions, and survivinge a turn when it is predicted that the opponents will attack Landorus-T.

Set Details
========

Leftovers grants Landorus-T greater longevity so that it can Intimidate opponents more often over the course of the match. Yache Berry is for Landorus-Ted to take down Electric-types such as Mega Manectric that rely on Hidden Power Ice to attack Ground-types. Sitrus Berry is a last option to allow Landorus-T to survive more hits, but is generally outclassed by Leftovers in this role. Intimidate helps neutralize physical attackers on the opponent's field, give your teammates greater leeway, and reduce damage taken.

88 Speed EVs allow Landorus-T to outspeed and OHKO 252 Speed Bisharp. 184 HP EVs allow Landorus-T to survive Adamant +1 Life Orb Bisharp's Sucker Punch, Modest Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave, neutral-natured Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice, both -1 Mega Kanghaskhan's Fake Out and Double Edge, and both Adamant -1 Conkeldurr's Ice Punch and Mach Punch. The remaining EVs are put into Attack to deal as much damage as possible. Adamant Landorus-T can OHKO Bisharp and Thundurus with the appropriate move, while Jolly Landorus-T cannot.

Usage Tips
========

As Landorus-T functions as a great check to physical attackers thanks to its ability, Intimidate, take all opportunities to switch in on physically offensive opponents. However, durin theg early-game, opposing Intimidate users will be switching in to check Landorus-T's attacks as well, so usually U-turn should be used until these threats have been eliminated. Landorus-T can function well both defensively and offensively thanks to its high Attack, so it can be used to put a lot of offensive pressure on opponents with powerful spread Earthquakes and Rock Slides. Against a threatening opponent with Water- or Ice-type coverage, Landorus-T should switch out into a teammate with a more favorable matchup so that Landorus-T can be preserved.

Team Options
========

Flying-types or Levitate users such as Togekiss, Cresselia, Rotom-W, Shaymin-S, and Thundurus should be used to avoid the dangerous Earthquakes that Landorus-T uses. Cresselia deserves a special mention for having a great support movepool, with Helping Hand to support Landorus-T, Trick Room to counter opponents' Trick Room, and Icy Wind to lowefor the opponents' Speed statuscontrol. Jirachi can use Follow Me to deter Water- and Ice-type moves from striking Landorus-T, though it is weak to Landorus-T's Earthquake. Bulky Water-types such as Azumarill, Suicune, and Rotom-W cover Landorus-T's weaknesses. Azumarill is great at KOing the Intimidate users, such as other Landorus-T, Hitmontop, and Scrafty, that check Landorus-T. Suicune can take many hits while supporting Landorus-T with Tailwind, Icy Wind, or Snarl. Rotom-W deserves a special mention, asince it resists Landorus-T's weaknesses and is also immune to Landorus-T's Earthquake. Many Pokemon appreciate Landorus-T's removal of Steel-types:, such as Fairy-types such as Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon, Steel-types such as Scizor and Mega Mawile, Grass-types such as Amoonguss and Venusaur, and Dragon-types such as Kyurem-B and Salamence all like having Landorus-T as a partner.

Other Options
########

A Choice Band set is viable, but Landorus-T must gives up either the Speed provided with Choice Scarf or the ability to use Protect. Hidden Power Ice is an option to defeat opposing Landorus-T. Assault Vest is great to cushion Landorus-T from special attacks, and works well with Intimidate to cover both physical and special moves, though Landorus-T has to forego Protect to use Assault Vest. Substitute can be used to ease prediction, protect Landorus-T from status effects and Intimidate, and to act as a cushion against faster checks. Swords Dance and Rock Polish can be used to boost Landorus-T's stats to terrifying levels. Stealth Rock is great to check opposing Pokemon such as Charizard, Mega Pinsir, and Talonflame, but it has less utility in dDoubles as compared to singles because there is less switching, and due to the fast-paced nature of the metagame, it's harder to find time to set it up. Imprison can be is an interesting option that can be used to prevent the opponent from using the common Protect, Earthquake, and Rock Slide. Gravity is another interesting option to cripple the opponent's Flying-types remove immunities to Ground-type attacks and also reduce the evasion of all Pokemon on the field.

Checks & Counters
########

**Offensive Typing Advantage**: Bulky opponents with Ice-type coverage that are able to survive an Earthquake can put a dent in Landorus-T's health. Cresselia can take multiple attacks and retaliate with Icy Wind, which has the added effect of lowering your PokemonLandorus-T and its partner's Speed. Azumarill can use its super effective priority, or it can take a hit and use Waterfall. Rotom-W is immune to Earthquake and is not weak to Rock-type attacks, and it can easily defeat Landorus-T with a Hydro Pump. Politoed OHKOes Landorus-T with Scald and provides rain, which allows Ludicolo and Kingdra to dunk Landorus-T.

**Speed**: Faster Pokemon with Ice-type attacks, such as Deoxys-A, Choice Scarf Genesect, Kingdra and Ludicolo in rain, and Ice Shard users such as Mamoswine and Weavile, will be able to defeat Landorus-T. Shaymin-S and Deoxys-A can also KO Landorus-T with their STAB moves after some prior damage.

**Speed Control**: All variants of Landorus-T, but especially the Choice Scarf set, dislike Trick Room and Tailwind, so its partners should try their best to neutralize any Trick Room and Tailwind setters to allow Landorus-T to function at its best.

**Utility**: Landorus-T's spread moves are rendered useless by users of Wide Guard, especially Hitmontop, which also has Intimidate to cripple Landorus-T. Shuca Berry or Air Balloon Heatran can also OHKO Landorus-T easily with Hidden Power Ice and is able to withstand Earthquakes due to its item. Fake Out immobilizes Landorus-T and renders it vulnerable to another foe's powerful attack.

**Intimidate and burns**: Burns and Intimidate reduce Landorus-T's overall damage output, so try to prevent these effects. Common Will-O-Wisp and Intimidate users are Rotom-W and Gourgeist for Will-O-Wisp, and Landorus-T or Scrafty for Intimidate. Scrafty may also have Ice Punch, which is super effective against Landorus-T.

gp 2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)