Sauropod draws a variety of things... or such :D

See that thread name? It's as stupid as my nickname :D
I like stupid stuff. I think it's a way to relieve my brain from the overwhelming technical Mechanical Engineer stuff.

Hello, fellow artists and... people... that... like.. art :D
As I use to say, ol' boy here is art made flesh (but I never said I was really good at that)!
I like art in general and actually try it! I like playing my guitar, dancing, drawing and whatever I get my eyes on, if I can try it.
Not sure how this works but I'm gonna show stuff.
I would love to get criticism over this, I know it's far from perfect and just hope you can help me! First things first, onto some lines and stuff:

Eevee just evolved! ...and is not used to its new tail...
IMG_20131102_212651.jpg

Well, this is the first pokémon I ever painted in my life. Idea just came out of nowhere. And Water is my favorite type EVER, so I had to draw the best Eeveelution (accept this, Vapory is the best one :v).

Time is money, gold and silver.
IMG_20131104_223326.jpg

Here it is, some unfinished stuff. Lechku and Nechku, gold and silver owl brothers from Okami, one of the most beautiful games ever created. I just love them so much! I plan on inking them on my skin someday, one calf for each one. It took quite a while to get them done, since they're so detailed. One day, I swear, I'm gonna finish those guys!

MEGA SWEETIE IS SO MY POKEWAIFU I DON'T EVEN ♡
IMG_20140612_153435.jpg

Nope
, I'm not into this pokewaifu stuff hahahaha
Anyway, I just fell in love with Mega Diancie at first sight.
I haven't ever been able to make a draw so quickly, actually. I started this the day its footage was up and finished in about an hour (while webbing and chatting and stuff), so I got really impressed with myself!

Well, as some may wonder, "vinnybgomes" refers to my real name, Vinicius. Brazilian name, derived from wine, which is quite poetic (to me it is, get out ;-;)
Oh, big stuff here. Might as well make it big and red. Nah, blue. I like blue.

I AM TAKING REQUESTS! :D
Only one at a time and I ~will~ take forever, since university and stuff.
Oh, and I ~may~ decline if it doesn't fancy me :/

Not taking Requests now c_c

That's it, guys! Sauropod's stupid art thing is open for business :D

..... LET THE INFINTE WAVES OF CRITICISM RAGE!
please.

Last edited:
This is really amazing! I can't wait to see more traditional drawings from you and you have got that cartoony feel on point aswell as being great at shading and highlights!

This is really amazing! I can't wait to see more traditional drawings from you and you have got that cartoony feel on point aswell as being great at shading and highlights!
Appreciate those kind words, fellow!
I have checked your thread as well, awesome work! I wish I could paint like that.

I really like the Mega Diancie, as well as the other cute art! I'm hoping to see more from you.

I really like the Mega Diancie, as well as the other cute art! I'm hoping to see more from you.
I intend to draw more when I have free time. I have been doodling randomly just to keep practising, nothing worthy uploading, I believe.
Appreciate the kind words! Please, check back whenever this Dino stupid named thread shows up hahaha ^_^

That's some really nice arts you have there! :>
I'm much obliged, good sir! Please, give some feedback to future drawings as well! :3

Do you mind if I request you draw an actual sauropod, such as the overrated Apatosaurus? That way, your art will finally be true to your name.

Sapphire. and Integer Mova , this came out of nowhere and I'm sorry ;-;
This facebook page released a contest with fake MegaEvos, my cousin's birthday is next week, they're giving shinies as rewards, she loves Lapras c_c
It just.... yelled me to try something :c
I plan on doing some background with a beautiful sunset or something, but that is gonna wait until I have time again. With more two tests in two days, I simply can't wait for vacations @_@

Oh, if only you had Filter, dear Lapras...
Laprasssssmenorrr.jpg

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Whoa, just realized you tagged me! My request to you: can you draw an awesome Mewtwo with a cape and a Tyranitar wearing Assault Vest next to him as his bodyguard? My two favorite Pokemon, haha.

Aaaaaaaaaaand it took me a while (a long while) cuz I was working on some stuff.
Finally, got some time and Requests are on their way!

Hulavuta , accepted! greengrappler , accepted!
Will probably work on those two until sunday ;)

Oh, and Sapphire. , get over here, dear <3

The Goddess of Wisdom knows you haven't washed your hands. Ew!
ATHENA.png

So... My cousin (the Lapras lover one) reminded me of Paint Tool SAI and I decided to try it again. It's actually pretty cool, how could I forget? lol
Although I only have this shitty mouse to work, it's quite the fun. I'm still getting used to it, that's why I decided to try your piece on it, hope you don't mind ><

And a second piece that came through my mind without asking, but I had to draw it lol

No matter the Nature your Mew has, it'll ALWAYS be Jolly.
MewX.png

Yup, Mew is that daring with Mewtwo-san!

That's it for today, folks.

Sapphire's Goddess
Mova's Dino
Hulavuta's Duo
Green's Ulquiorramon.

Last edited:
Nighty night, ya'll guys!

Well, I just got a little inspired and I did something. Integer Mova , hope you don't mind me not being... huh... orthodox about your Dino :c

The Colossus Strike Back! Apatia, the Sauropod
SAUROPOD.jpg

It's more of a quick draw than an actual piece of art. It was based on an Apatosaurus, but with a twist.
And I need more training with digital art, specially backgrounds. And a Wacom, I totally need a Wacom tablet.
But I'm keeping them requests coming, they serve as training. I learned new stuff with this and I'm thankful for that (I can somehow draw horses, which is cool and new lol)

talisheo , that's quite a challenge, but I had some thoughts invading my brains and, well, I may draw it! Not sure if digital, though.
Lilwan ..... it's hard to deny something that inspired me :|

However, it's getting late and I'm gonna TM44 now. See ya ;-;

Sapphire's Goddess
Mova's Dino

Hulavuta's Duo
Green's Ulquiorramon
Talisheo's Tiger
Lilwan's Personamon.

Sauropod That is one badass dinosaur! Thank you so much for fulfilling my request, since you have now actually drawn a sauropod!

You might as well change the name of the thread to "Sauropod Draws a Variety of Things".

HEY, GUYS!

Sauropod is back and I have news. Some are good, some are not, but here they are.

First, college is back and I got busy again. Although not as busy as before, this period is lighter than last one, just a bit tho.
However, I have been invited to draw for a facebook page! It's like an illustrator job with no paycheck lol
But friendship keeps me, I'm enjoying hahsha

About the requests, Alapse 's the last I'll be taking for a while but not sure when I'm gonna do them.
Maybe I can find ways to fit the requests in the page's drawings lol

BTW, my nick there is VineWhip, which is another bad joke o' mine (name's Vinicius, Vini, Vine, you know how it goes lol)

Anyway, in chronological order, here are my works!

Clefable, the HELLFAIRY!
10531259_1504465469790688_7383469341776315002_o.png

SAWKer Punch, the Ninja!
10590544_1505028083067760_3558606543203358407_n.png

Have you tried this? Sawk@Choice Scarf is NUTS, and I'm talking about OU!

First vote
10533544_1516990958538139_5820992722129079811_n.png

FIESTA!
1518849_1514345692135999_2198976328272646816_o.png

Second vote
10671263_1529748470595721_8170127717195967034_n.png

MEGA RAYQUAZA > PRIMALS
IMG-20141004-WA0029.jpg

(JESUS CHRIST, I need my PC back! This one's quality is awful c_c)
Signed this one out of the page lol
They can't force me u.u

Anyway, this is it. All requests are still up, but I'm not gonna list them cuz mobile sucks :(

Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
People of Smogon, ol' boy Sauropod strikes a comeback!

Aaaaaaaaaand it's a H-U-G-E holiday! Like, 5 free days, yay!
Gotta hurry with all those requests. I can't promise them all since I have to study, but I'm gonna do a few 8D

However, I never stopped working for the facebook page. I got this idea to picture Pokémon as Chess Pieces.
With no further babbling, here they are!

ROYAL WHITE COUPLE: M-GARDEVOIR AND LUGIA

LUGVOIR.jpg

It took some discussion with my cousin (the Lapras one) until we got to an agreement. M-Garden was the obvious choice that she pointed out. Lugia was picked over Reshiram cuz I hate obviousness hahaha :D

BLACK ROYAL COUPLE: GOTHITELLE AND DARKRAI
GOTHRAI2.jpg

This came from suggestions. I intended to set Mismagius as the Queen (biased opinion) but Gothitelle fits it much better. Also Darkrai cuz ain't no other Pokémon better. He's pure Darkness!
Also, Gothitelle traps Lugia, screws him with encore/Choice trick and M-Garden's Hyper Voice destroys Darkrai. Even, even.

BISHOPS: MEWTWO AND MISMAGIUS
MEWMAGIUS.jpg

Last but not least, the Bishops!

Mewtwo was one of the first I wanted to draw. His old Spoon mode fits Bishop's role in my mind, I love to draw it.
Mismagius is biased hahahaha
I have this thought that even Grumpig could be more suited to this role but I'm biased. REALLY biased. Damn, she even got phantom glowing skulls!
Note: this one wasn't revelaed to the page's fans yet, this is a special leak! 8D

I may draw Rooks, Horses (Zebstrika and Rapidash, obviously) and Pawns this month. If so, I'm posting them here as well.

Thanks for your attention, sorry that it takes so long for me to show up ~.~

Sapphire's Goddess
Mova's Dino

Hulavuta's Duo
Green's Ulquiorramon
Talisheo's Tiger
Lilwan's Personamon
Alapse's Glaceon.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I turn my back on this thread for five months and the quality goes through the roof. Loving those chess visualisations, particular Mewtwo vs Mismagius as they're facing together and not just standing together. Good of you to also start coloring your lineart, makes them blend in much better, although don't be afraid to some times use the same color as the one next to the lines, makes for a great way to create some pseudo-lighting (such as the pink tufts on mag's hat, the bright side of the spoon, and so on). Not recommended for shaded areas though, but the same rule can be applied there too.

Also, I went ahead and made you an approved artist. If you want to know what that entails, check out this post.

I turn my back on this thread for five months and the quality goes through the roof. Loving those chess visualisations, particular Mewtwo vs Mismagius as they're facing together and not just standing together. Good of you to also start coloring your lineart, makes them blend in much better, although don't be afraid to some times use the same color as the one next to the lines, makes for a great way to create some pseudo-lighting (such as the pink tufts on mag's hat, the bright side of the spoon, and so on). Not recommended for shaded areas though, but the same rule can be applied there too.

Also, I went ahead and made you an approved artist. If you want to know what that entails, check out this post.
Omg, that was unexpected like hell with flowers :O
Thanks for the compliments and even more for the tips, I'll be sure to try that out.

And it feels great to be part of this, now! I'll see if I can work on something for the community asap! Thanks 8D

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
fantastic work, man! :D Can't wait to see more trad work from you-

Also, I'd love to see some more human form drawings you seem to be really good at it and I'd love to see more of that as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)