Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Control Paladin is such an easy matchup against Shaman bots, I can just farm them all night. I don't understand how these things get to rank 5+ when they do stuff like Earth Shock on Silver Hands and Hex on Kodo.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's a figure of speech. My original deck of this (a few pages back) had Molten and Sunfury in. That was no longer valid. I kept the name because of my Far Sight and high mana creatures in. Regardless stop nit-picking!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Wish I had more than one day to grind to legend, guess that's my fault though. Won't need to grind before work today since I just wasted another hour to lose three stars before bed.

In other news, according to genny tilt is when I play Miracle Rogue and draw Auctioneer once out of like six games and all of my opponents (except the one I drew Auctioneer against, of course) have godly aggro starts.

In other news, Miracle Rogue is still a bad deck for completely other reasons but come the fuck on RNG.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
With Leeroy gone... why are people even bothering with Loatheb?

It's a pretty mediocre card IMO now....

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
With Leeroy gone... why are people even bothering with Loatheb?

It's a pretty mediocre card IMO now....
It's a decent card for its stats even if it's effect does nothing. It can save your ass and/or secure the win against Mage (Polymorph, Flamestrike, Alex+Pyroblast), Shaman (Hex, Lightning Storm, Al'Akir+Rockbiter), Priest (Soulpriest+CoH, SWD, Mind Control), Paladin (Equality+Consecration), and of course Rogue when you use it properly though.
nah here's the deck I did it with:

Looks very unique. My only question is why no Al'Akir? Ysera might be 4 attack but it's more prone to Mind Control than Al'Akir as a win condition against Priest. It's also better against most other matchups.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I don't even know how you can get away with playing Earth Elemental right now when both BGH and TBK are back in vogue big time. And not even Faceless shenanigans? For shame.

What a skillful game Hearthskill is. Undertaker is a fair and balanced card.

Edit: Shaman bots are definitely easy wins when they have Turn 1 Zombie Chow literally every single time, always roll the one totem that will fuck you (usually Taunt), Sea Giant whenever you can't remove it, then they always play Ragnaros on curve so you better have somehow managed to get board control or have removal for it too. Chow Coin Chow into Flametongue? SO EASY TO BEAT. Maybe they're easy if you don't fucking draw like complete ass every single fucking game of my life...

Last edited:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's a decent card for its stats even if it's effect does nothing. It can save your ass and/or secure the win against Mage (Polymorph, Flamestrike, Alex+Pyroblast), Shaman (Hex, Lightning Storm, Al'Akir+Rockbiter), Priest (Soulpriest+CoH, SWD, Mind Control), Paladin (Equality+Consecration), and of course Rogue when you use it properly though.
That would be the case if its effect persisted throughout his presence on board instead of turn one. What made it good in the first place was the miracle and handlock combos that absolutely required that one clutch turn with leeroy and multiple mana efficient spells, and surviving that one turn literally meant the difference b/w victory and death..

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That would be the case if its effect persisted throughout his presence on board instead of turn one. What made it good in the first place was the miracle and handlock combos that absolutely required that one clutch turn with leeroy and multiple mana efficient spells, and surviving that one turn literally meant the difference b/w victory and death..
If the effect perisisted Loatheb would be unquestionably the best card in the game. You're overrating the ability to survive one turn and underrating the ability to secure a win. Sure you might be able to delay the Rogue KO for a turn, but that doesn't mean you're going to win if you can't follow up the following turn. On the other hand, playing Loatheb to block a massive comeback like Equality+Consecration, Thalnos+Lightning Storm, or Flamestrike will almost certainly win you the game since the only time you'd fear these plays is when you're ahead.

Loatheb is tricky because it's like Counterspell. You don't know how it's going to disrupt the opponent's play when you play it, but it is going to disrupt it. Loatheb was only a savior card against Miracle, and even with it gone, it's a strong tempo play

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Loatheb allows you to push for board advantage without getting punished. You can play it at any time before turn 9 to block all forms of AoE and overextend your board when you have board advantage and not get punished for it. You're going to get free damage in, and force them to play minions on the 1 turn they're locked out of using spells that you can effectively trade out your minions with, once again making it so they can't get value on their board clear. It's also got the bonus of stopping Rogue from doing funny things with Gadgetzan, and stopping numerous forms of Mage lethals in the late game.

It's a lockdown card and protection for other minions, and it's obscenely good vs Mage and Rogue (arguably the 2 worst classes right now, but it doesn't mean you're allowed to not prepare for them). You need good reasons to not run the card, as even decks that are oversaturated on good 5 drops (Druid, Rogue) run it because it's just so goddamn good.

Also I hit legend a few days ago, mostly with Handlock. Woooooo.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I feel like Loatheb is a bit overrated, in that come on man I really shouldn't be seeing it in Zoo and most Hunter decks. He's good but not that good.

Speaking of overrated cards, Sludge Belcher. Yeah, it's a good card. It fills the 5-drop slot well when before all midrange or control decks really had was Azure Drake. Works well in Handlock to follow up a turn 4 Drake or Giant if you have nothing. Works well in Warrior to fill the similarly empty turn 5 play. and Warrior is super defensive anyway. Priest didn't really want to run Azure Drake before, it was just the best one. Paladin never needed the spell power, and more taunts is cool. And so on. But people are doing shit like running 2 Sludge Belcher in Shaman before 2 Azure Drake.

Really? You need taunt more than you need card draw and spell damage? It's just Taz'Dingo with a Goldshire Footman stapled on, and no Shaman decks ran Taz'Dingo.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sludge Belcher is both mana efficient (split 4/7 for 5 WITH TAUNT. This card is seriously over budgeted) as well as resilient to removal (seeing as how you can absorb up to two forms of removal / attacks). It is a ridiculously good card and better than Taz'Dingo by a mile.

If the idea of using Taunt minions is to slow the game down and stop aggression, nothing does this better than Sludge Belcher.

Last edited:
Yeah and some Shamans were running Taz'dingo before Naxx as well, though admittedly not without Azure Drake. I guess the argument though is that Shaman is already strapped for card draw, so why would you cut out more of it. I personally don't run Belcher in Shaman, but I've been thinking about it as I know other people that do run it over Azure Drake in their Shaman decks and it's been successful.

Also, we got Naxx boards in Casual mode :o

(and apparently Arena as well though I haven't done Arena yet)

Maybe it's for this month only since, you know, Halloween and stuff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)