ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody else notice that the number of pre release megas is the same # now as it was before xy? 13 were released before XY and we ended up with a total of 28 (not counting mega lati@s). 13 pokes have been pre released in ORAS already (not counting primal kyogre or groudon). Do you think we may get a similar number of megas as in XY?

Eh just something i noticed! And woot for 2 months to go!
Here's the thing: we're guaranteed to get one more ME revealed next month in the demo. And we're definitely learning what's the deal with Rayquaza before release, at the latest in the Mega Evolution Act 2 Special. So there will be more new mega evolutions revealed pre-release in ORAS than than was the case for XY. This could mean there will be more ME in the remakes than in XY, but I don't think that's the case - XY introduced the whole concept, so it's natural that they have more instances of it than other games in the same generation. On the other hand, I'd say over 20 new megas (at least 21 lol - but excluding primal forms) is extremely likely.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I believe that there were quite a few Megas in X and Y that we only found out about after the game was released (like Mega Medicham... I think?), so it wouldn't be a stretch to say that there will be more that what they plan on showing us now.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Considering Pokémon Origins revealed ZardX, I wouldn't put it past them to reveal a Mega AND a Primal Rayquaza, as ridiculous as that would be.

And we're 101% going to have more Megas that those already revealed.

I believe that there were quite a few Megas in X and Y that we only found out about after the game was released (like Mega Medicham... I think?), so it wouldn't be a stretch to say that there will be more that what they plan on showing us now.
We had 13 megas pre-released and 15 more were discovered after.

No one questioned whether there will be more megas than revealed so far or not. I think the point Patrick1088 brought up is whether there will be as many new megas in ORAS as in XY.

Considering 13 megas were revealed prior to XY's release and 13 megas have already been revealed 2 months before ORAS' launch (and they're guaranteed to unveil one more - and given the way they have advertised so far, they are likely to reveal more than just that one more), one is inclined to be believe we will get over 28 megas in ORAS (the number of megas in XY).

I don't know. First when they revealed the mega starters, I was happy and thought they were just adding mega Sceptile/Swampert to complete the starter trio and mega Diancie because... they wanted. Then mega Sableye showed they wanted more. And mega Metagross made it clear they wanted even more. Now we've reached the point where we know more megas for ORAS prior to release than was the case for XY - the game that introduced the concept and whose storyline was closely related to it. On the other hand, ORAS' mega unveilings began 5 months before release date and - while I don't know when exactly the first megas were presented for XY - I'm sure they didn't have as much time to feed us with megas back then. So maybe that's why we know so many megas already.

As much as I love new megas and the diversity they bring, I'd personally prefer if GF didn't overdo it. But that's not how things are shaping up to be. If I recall correctly, GF explicitly said "hey guys, 5th Gen pokémon can mega evolve too" as they introduced mega Audino, which hints to a couple more Gen 5 mega evolutions making their debuts in ORAS. And there are probably a couple more 3rd Gen megas in store (hopefully Arena Trap Mega Flygon and Water-Fairy Mega Milotic!). And possible random Gen 1/2/4 megas. So I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up wtih 25~30 new mega evolutions, even though I think 15 would be more than enough.

Don't forget that XY's promotional releases were detailing the new things about Gen 6: new pokemon, new graphics, new region etc. Mega Evolutions were just one other new thing.

In ORAS, Mega Evolutions are the big new thing, so naturally they're hyping it more than in XY. We've already seen the story and characters back in Gen 3.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Don't forget that XY's promotional releases were detailing the new things about Gen 6: new pokemon, new graphics, new region etc. Mega Evolutions were just one other new thing.

In ORAS, Mega Evolutions are the big new thing, so naturally they're hyping it more than in XY. We've already seen the story and characters back in Gen 3.
So does that mean when they make Sinnoh and Unova remakes they're going to hype up Mega Evolutions just as much? I can imagine there being a lot of hype for Mega Darkrai and Mega Excadrill.

This is was I was gonna say. There isn't much new in ORAS as they're a remake. XY had a ton of new stuff. ORAS has limited ammounts of it, so a way to introduce more new things in the game is introducing new megaEvos

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I think we should expect to see a lot of new Megas.
There's no way that there'll only be 1 Mega for Unova and Kalos.
I'd imagine there'll be at least 3 from Unova or Kalos-- or more!

Unless they want to withhold some Kalos Megas for X2Y2 / ZW or whatever it's going to be called.

YESSSSSS Mega Rayquaza!!! My prayers are answered. Wonder what this new weather does...hopefully actually have control over Kyogre and Groudon to some extent unlike the normal form...

Mega Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent sounds like a dragon version of Fly lol

Delta weather is very interesting, its probably a super version of air lock to negate the new abilities of desolate land and primordial sea (its the delta difference).

Dragon Ascent cored a SE hit against Abomasnow so I guess it's a Dragon/Flying-type move.
Aboma's Ice Shard also did suspiciously little damage against M-Rayquaza so either Deta Stream weaknes ice-type attacks or M-Ray is a pure Dragon or pure Flying-type.

With the trailer it showed just a little something of flying in the text I think? Idk the screen was a Tad blurry on the text there.

Now rayquaza vets a Mega while the others get primals. Weird but eh. Also dragon's ascent looks very nice. As does Mega ray :D

EDIT: Wait it canceled what out?!

With the trailer it showed just a little something of flying in the text I think? Idk the screen was a Tad blurry on the text there.

Now rayquaza vets a Mega while the others get primals. Weird but eh. Also dragon's ascent looks very nice.
Yes I find this strange as well. Isn't Primal supposed to mean like something more ancient whereas Megas are rather recent? I don't get having a Mega Rayquaza dealing with the primordial Kyogre and Groudon but meh...

Yes I find this strange as well. Isn't Primal supposed to mean like something more ancient whereas Megas are rather recent? I don't get having a Mega Rayquaza dealing with the primordial Kyogre and Groudon but meh...

Its getting explained in the story apparently according to serebii. It also says ascentt is the most powerful flying move so upwards of 120 BP then seems a given. Rayquaza with a usable secondary STAB?!

Edit @ 16:02: Mega Rayquaza has been revealed but with no image just yet. It has a new ability called Delta Stream which creates a new weather effect that removes weather and makes moves of a type that Flying-type Pokémon are usually weak to will only deal normal damage to any Flying-type Pokémon in the battle. UIt lasts as long as Rayquaza is in battle

This is from serebii. Thats not a mouthful of an ability lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)