ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to its ability, pure Dragon with an extra STAB and more resistances. Sounds good. Wonder how SR works in that.

Though on first impression it looks better as non-Mega (Too many ornaments). Perhaps fanart and official artwork can change that, though...

Did anyone see the message that appeared after M-Ray used Dragon Ascent? It said something about a stat being lowered or something.

Edit:
Seems it lowers Defense & Special Defense? Didn't look like it was losing power.

Last edited:
Due to its ability, pure Dragon with an extra STAB and more resistances. Sounds good. Wonder how SR works in that.

Though on first impression it looks better as non-Mega (Too many ornaments). Perhaps fanart and official artwork can change that, though...
Idk it makes Rayquaza look more of a wind God now with all the little bits flying around and a bit more Aerodynamic with that peircing head piece.

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
More information about Mega Rayquaza on the official website.

"Rayquaza is a Pokémon distinguished by its high Attack and Sp. Atk. When it Mega Evolves, almost all of its stats get a boost, including these two, and it gains overwhelming power!"

Its getting explained in the story apparently according to serebii. It also says ascentt is the most powerful flying move so upwards of 120 BP then seems a given. Rayquaza with a usable secondary STAB?!
Yeah I just saw the update haha. Must "Dragon Ascent" have "Dragon" in the name and be the most powerful Flying type move and not Dragon type move?...although this isn't last generation, so Flying is better without an immunity but still.

Tornadous+ Mega Rayqauza= No weaknesses.
Any normal/flying type will have no weaknesses, even - noctowl, dodrio, staraptor...
Edit: Ninja'd.
So something I'd like to bring up is how exactly Delta Stream works. For Mega Ray, will it still be 2X weak to Ice and resist Electric or will those be considered 1X multipliers now? In other words, does Delta Stream affect the moves or the Pokémon's flying-type?

Last edited:
Did anyone see the message that appeared after M-Ray used Dragon Ascent? It said something about a stat being lowered or something.

Edit:
Seems it lowers Defense & Special Defense? Didn't look like it was losing power.
Guys, we can't forget about that, that's a significant powerdown. Can someone that reads japanese confirm which stats dropped?

Its getting explained in the story apparently according to serebii. It also says ascentt is the most powerful flying move so upwards of 120 BP then seems a given. Rayquaza with a usable secondary STAB?!
Also seeing the video below maybe it's like V-create but with flying type and maybe dragon too.

Delta stream looks to be such an awesome ability I wonder if we can make defensive sets with mega rayquaza.

Rayquaza claims the throne that Groudon thought it would get.

I'm sure it reads defense and special defense.
Actually, someone else said so earlier too.
Gothic Togekiss said it seemed it was Def./Sp.Def. Just wanted confirmation. If neither speed nor atk/sp.atk get reduced, than this thing is going to be a beast!

Also, strictly speaking, if it's going to be the strongest flying-type move, then it would have to beat Sky Attack and have at least 150 BP. A 150 BP flying-type Close Combat... Talk about bird spam. No, we might be getting something wrong.

And if we give it some thought, Mega Rayquaza is still going to take super effective SR damage. SR damage happens before abilities activate. And it's Mega Rayquaza's ability that gives it rock neutrality.

Can I just bring up the fact that the most powerful flying-type move right now is Sky Attack with 140 base power and Dragon Ascent is said to be even more powerful than that and also has STAB with great neutral coverage

This is the 4th place I've posted this, but its pretty exciting to me:

The murals of primal Groudon and primal Kyogre shown ages ago both show a strange triangle meteor that looks like a delta symbol followed by streamers. I think its meant to be a highly stylised representation of mega rayquaza, except that this picture has been up on the main site for months. Pretty neat foreshadowing.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Gothic Togekiss said it seemed it was Def./Sp.Def. Just wanted confirmation. If neither speed nor atk/sp.atk get reduced, than this thing is going to be a beast!

Also, strictly speaking, if it's going to be the strongest flying-type move, than it would have to beat Sky Attack and have at least 150 BP. A 150 BP flying-type Close Combat... Talk about bird spam. No, we might be getting something wrong.

And if we give it some thought, Mega Rayquaza is still going to take super effective SR damage. SR damage happens before abilities activate. And it's Mega Rayquaza's ability that give it rock neutrality.
Oh I see. I paused the video and can confirm she was correct.

Guess DA would be at least 150 BP then? wow.
I'm really liking Rayquaza now... unless another legendary ruins it.

But what's with all this new weather trend? How many more new weathers are we expecting?

Can we guess what kind of attack stat and/or BP M-Ray and Dragon Ascent have, respectively, based on the fact that it OHKO'd a Swampert?

This is the 4th place I've posted this, but its pretty exciting to me:

The murals of primal Groudon and primal Kyogre shown ages ago both show a strange triangle meteor that looks like a delta symbol followed by streamers. I think its meant to be a highly stylised representation of mega rayquaza, except that this picture has been up on the main site for months. Pretty neat foreshadowing.
I saw that triangle too but I didn't think more about it maybe it's for the fact that Deoxys Advance event had a triangle puzzle to summon it.

"It was a primal age, early in the world's history... The natural world was overflowing with energy. That energy granted Groudon and Kyogre an overwhelming power. Seeking ever more of that energy for themselves, the two clashed again and again, and their battles cast the people and Pokémon of Hoenn into great danger. Brimming with the overwhelming power granted by the energy of nature, this transformation was named by later people "Primal Reversion." And the people called their tormentors Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

One Pokémon looked down upon this battle from the sky above. The Pokémon that dances in the heavens: Rayquaza. Rayquaza is venerated by the people of Hoenn as their protector and savior. When Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre had battled for 20 dawns and 20 nights, the world began to lose its natural balance and tilt toward destruction. The people, unable to endure any more, cried out to their mighty savior Rayquaza before a great stone that shone with rainbow brilliance. And a change came upon Rayquaza, weaving in the sky above Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Suffused in brilliant light, its body began to transform visibly. And then..."
~Main ORAS Website

We should be over with new weathers. I mean, this is the weather trio, after all
Yeah, the fact we even got three new weather abilities (two boosting existing weather and one introducing a whole new weather) was already a stretch. Can't see any other weather coming.

Also, it hasn't been mentioned but I'm taking this as a given, Delta Stream can override Desolate Land and Primordial Sea... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)