CAP 19 CAP 19 - Part 10 - Name Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faradray
Stingwave

Ohmagod
Plasmanta

I wouldn't be voting for Ohmagod if it had a chance, but there is not enough support for it... so I just want to be able to say that i voted for it XD
those who say "OHM a god" isn't at all relevant it has ohm in the name, at least. X)

Last edited:
Ohmagod

Dear everyone who says it's irrelevant,

Ohms are extremely relevant to electricity. So "Ohm" is relevant. "Ma" is "manta", if you're trying to tell me this isn't a manta I have nothing more to say to you. The last part turns the overall name into a very creative pun that, whether it wins or not, certainly does not deserve the bashing it's receiving. It is in fact relevant to the concept, even if it doesn't touch on the Poison half (because all of the others totally do... yeah...), you not liking it doesn't make it irrelevant. It's my favorite name, whether it wins or not doesn't matter but for God's sake, at least respect your fellow community members' creations.

Sincerely,

An Electrical/Computer Engineering major

Mantasma
Zingray
Stingwave

Whew. Just made it through. I do feel like ohmagod is sufficiently relevant to the design and typing to be a valid option. I just don't think it quite fits, it's not like I'm biased or anything lel

Last edited:
Plasmanta
Mantasma

My opinion on the Ohmagod debacle is that it's not necessarily an appropriate name because of the pun on "Oh my God." Using that phrase is offensive to a lot of people. It was a humorous suggestion, but I don't think it's too appropriate for an actual name considering the "God" pokemon, Arceus, doesn't have God on its name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)