Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Pic of the day. Finally, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is being released overseas. Congratulations!! With the game released globally, from here on out I'll be posting about some of the hidden elements in the game. However, for now they'll only trickle down a little bit at a time. I'll be done with posting new pics by the end of the year, so I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the ride.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Attention: palutena sucks soooo hard (against master hand swords, that is. She's awesome otherwise). Had to drop like 4 times on classic because of those things.

Why don't you download it on eShop then..?

It's pretty much a feature for times like what you mentioned! >_>

Not that I've ever actually used it lol
I would, but if I get the physical copy from BestBuy I get the token.

Oh, and here is the update to the site http://www.smashbros.com/us/secret/

Edit: I forgot words because I'm dumb.

Update: did Fox and Falco's voices nearly put anyone else in the hospital as well? Anyway I'm gonna go get the game now.

Last edited:

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is the first video game in a long time where I really like it but I have to keep taking breaks because my thumbs hurt so much.

I knew this game would be different than the previous games, but oh my lord first day is being brutal on me. ;__; Sheik's new B-Side and B-Down are incredibly hard for me to space properly because I keep on playing Sheik like Brawl Sheik. Marth is really mostly just the fact that I'm missing a lot of my tippers and am using my B-Down too much. (No excuse just rusty and bad with him :c) Yoshi is probably the one that's easiest on me but even his changes in speed, albiet huge buffs, are hard for me to get used to. Shulk is just hard.

I think I'm doing alright for my first day, though. I should be decent with these guys in like a week.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh my God, Meta Knight was hit hard. Several of his attacks have noticeable startup and occasionally ending lag and his up air has like a cooldown time or something since you can't spam it anymore.

So, for anyone that has it, can you remap controls and buttons or are we stuck with sucky circle pad to move and throw/shield being swapped?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Oh my God, Meta Knight was hit hard. Several of his attacks have noticeable startup and occasionally ending lag and his up air has like a cooldown time or something since you can't spam it anymore.
Considering how hard he's been hit and that he still seems like a pretty decent character... kinda telling how good he was in Brawl, and how fundementally strong MK's base design is.

I'm really loving Sheik so far, although I wish she had more kill moves. Still, she's fast and has great aerial game, I'm probably gonna keep on maining her

I hope you guys are enjoying your playtime so far :D

Can't change the circle pad, but you can change the shield/throw thing. :D
Ugh, well there goes any serious or long hours playing for me, don't want to break my 3DS because of crappy inputs on the circle pad. Guess I'll wait for serious play on the Wii U version.

Really need that hacked mod several pages ago to hook up a GameCube controller to the 3DS lol.

Are there any skype smash chats for smogon users to just chill in and discuss the game and battle? If not we should get on that. P good starting point for setting up tourneys ;o

Are there any skype smash chats for smogon users to just chill in and discuss the game and battle? If not we should get on that. P good starting point for setting up tourneys ;o
Google+ is what we're using and it has a chat. :o

I'll probably not be talking btw when the tournament sucks and be on chat. Parents OP.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Been playing for a while now, I could give a full review but lets be honest no one would read it instead some curious stuff I found:

• I got the Dixie Kong trophy... sorry :(
  • Corneria is smaller... again
  • Lots of good music aren't in the game Somic Heroes, Battefield Version 2, etc.
  • Palutena's voice is really annoying
  • Jigglypuff is the last character you get
  • I'M REALLY FEELING IT
Also shoutouts to Champion Cynthia for her pics of the day you rarely never failed thanks for everything!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Have had a chance to play a few chars, here's my thoughts so far.

Ike plays pretty much exactly like Brawl - which is a problem because relative to everything else, this is a nerf. In fact, I'm basically going to main Link instead of Ike because the way Smash 4's mechanics work, Link is basically an Ike that can actually get opponents into KOable percentages with his much stronger air game and projectile hell.

Ganondorf is freakin' awesome. Not being able to cancel D-Air sucks, will probably need to get Wii U version just to see if you even *CAN* because the circle pad is so clunky and it's almost impossible to short hop and D-air at the same time. Otherwise, basically the smaller arenas + Ganny's slightly increased speed and 100% mechanics make Ganny a wrecking machine. Flame Choke -> D-tilt is usually smooth enough with pursuit you can do it twice, which usually gets an opponent up to 50%, and Ganny can almost KO straight from there. Warlock Punch also has some armor on it but the problem was always hitting with it, not getting interrupted.

Lv. 9 CPU AI seems to have taken a hit. They still have pretty good multiple dodges, but that also seem to run into attacks they shouldn't a lot.

Haven't played enough of Shulk or MK to form an opinion, or a lot of the other newcomers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)