OU Togekiss (Slow Baton Pass)

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

RIP Baton Pass

QC Approvals: Jukain, Dice, Aim
GP Approvals: FrenzyPlant, fleurdyleurse

-------------------------------------------------------
  • Togekiss is one of the only viable Pokemon that can set up Nasty Plot + Baton Pass successfully
  • Unlike Mew and Celebi, it can actually sweep by itself thanks to Air Slash's flinch chance and neutral coverage
  • Slow Baton Pass allows recipients to come in unscathed, and Togekiss is plenty bulky enough to achieve this.
  • Roost gives it reliable recovery to Baton Pass multiple times.
  • Nobody really expects Toges to use this; Thunder Wave + Air Slash is a more popular and viable way of using it. However, this is threatening in its own right because, well, next thing you know, Choice Scarf Keldeo's sweeping fucking everything with +2. It's also not as obvious as Mew.

Baton Pass
########
name: Baton Pass
move 1: Baton Pass
move 2: Nasty Plot
move 3: Roost
move 4: Air Slash
item: Leftovers
ability: Serene Grace
evs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
nature: Calm

Moves
========
Togekiss is part of a small, fortunate group of Pokemon that have access to both Nasty Plot and Baton Pass and can viably pull off the combination. The aforementioned moves transform any of Togekiss's fellow special attackers into deadly offensive forces. It is rather easy for Togekiss to use Nasty Plot and pass the boosts to another teammate thanks to its bulk, Fairy typing, and access to Roost for instant recovery. Baton Pass can also be used to scout for potential switch-ins. When it isn't attempting to pass boosts, Togekiss can use Air Slash to fire off powerful boosted hits and perhaps sweep thanks to Air Slash's neutral coverage and high flinch chance from Serene Grace.

Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar, Whirlwind, and status users, though this leaves Togekiss either unable to recover HP or unable to attack. Thunder Wave is also a possible choice over Air Slash to have supportive utility outside of Baton Pass, though, again, this leaves Togekiss without a good last-resort attack. Fire Blast is an alternative attack that is slightly stronger than Air Slash and is able to hit otherwise troublesome defensive Steel-types, such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory, hard. Air Slash is generally better, however, due to its flinch chance and generally better neutral coverage against a majority of OU threats, especially Azumarill, Conkeldurr, Keldeo, and Mega Venusaur.

Set Details
========
The defensive investment gives Togekiss great bulk, granting it more opportunities to set up and pass boosts. Depending on your preference, Togekiss can be either specially or physically defensive with a Calm or Bold nature, respectively. Minimal Speed investment allows Togekiss to pull off a slow Baton Pass, which eases prediction and prevents the recipient from taking damage from incoming attacks. However, 16 Speed EVs, are still used to outrun max Speed Adamant Azumarill, which is useful to outspeed to prevent fast variants from unexpectedly revenge killing Togekiss. You can increase the Speed investment, however, in order to outrun other specific threats, such as Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Tyranitar, or threats affected by Sticky Web (if provided), although this somewhat detracts from Togekiss's bulk.

Usage Tips
========
This set is best used when Togekiss's stronger checks and counters aren't present, as Togekiss can become dead weight if it becomes crippled before doing its job. It is recommended to set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to Togekiss, such as Chansey, Sylveon, Magic Guard Clefable, Latias, Quagsire, Sludge Wave-lacking Landorus, Pokemon locked into a Ground- or Dragon-type attack, and paralyzed or burned threats.

One thing to note is that this set operates nicely with the element of surprise; the opponent can switch in a check or counter to Togekiss, only to be met with a powerful special attacker with a Nasty Plot boost under its belt. Unlike other Baton Pass users, Togekiss can pass boosts multiple times, thanks to its bulk and access to reliable recovery. As an important note, as long as your other sweepers can sweep and clean up without constantly needing Togekiss's help, keeping Togekiss alive at all times isn't necessary.

Team Options
========
This set's purpose is to pass Nasty Plot boosts to other teammates, so these teammates should be fast and powerful special attackers. Use Pokemon that are comfortable taking on Togekiss's weaknesses, along with common forms of priority.

Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common opposing Choice Scarf users and clean up with or without a +2 boost after Pokemon that resist Water- and Fighting-type attacks are eliminated. It can also operate as a makeshift revenge killer if the foe attempts to set up against your team. Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate a free Nasty Plot boost and are immune to paralysis, while resisting priority attacks like Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird. Agility Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; after an Agility boost, it outruns all relevant unboosted Pokemon in the metagame, and Mold Breaker allows it to blow past threats that rely on their abilities, such as Sturdy Skarmory, Unaware Clefable, and Multiscale Dragonite. Zoroark and Focus Sash Alakazam are decent choices as well; the former's great Dark-type coverage and Illusion ability can cause chaotic mind games, while the latter is virtually guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off thanks to Magic Guard.

As implied previously, it is recommended to pack standalone attackers that can operate without a boost and clean up after the recipient faints, such as Greninja, Gengar (preferably with Substitute, so that it can avoid Sucker Punch and other means of revenge killing), and Sheer Force Landorus. Latias is also a decent teammate that can use Defog and Healing Wish to keep Togekiss and its teammates alive longer.

Moves
========
  • The combination of Baton Pass + Nasty Plot turns any special attacker/sweeper into a deadly force.
  • Baton Pass can also be used to scout for potential switch-ins.
  • Using Air Slash prevents Togekiss from being Taint bait, and to fire off powerful hits of its own if wanted. The flinch chance is also handy against slower teams.
  • Roost provides recovery, giving Togekiss longevity while doing its job.
  • Dazzling Gleam is a decent STAB move choice, but the flinch really helps out togekiss in desperate situations.
  • Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar users, though this leaves Togekiss completely offensive-less or unable to recover from attacks.
Set Details
========​
  • Significant HP and SpD investment with Calm nature gives Togekiss maximum special bulk, giving it more chances to set up and survive attacks before Passing out.
  • Minimal Speed investment allows Togekiss to pull off "slow Baton Pass," which prevents the recipient from taking damage and Togekiss to ease prediction. 16 Spe is just for outrunning max Speed Adamant Mawile.
  • You may increase Speed to outrun some threats before they kill you, such as Adamant Crawdaunt, Adamant Bisharp, and Jolly Tyranitar. However, this detracts from special bulk.
  • Physically defensive spread is also viable if you hate taking random super effective physical hits, and Togekiss's special bulk is still good anyways with Max HP.
Usage Tips
========​
  • This can be used at any part of the game; just be sure Togekiss is in a position to do so healthily.
  • Set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to you; this includes Chansey, Sylveon, Clefable (don't set up in front of unaware versions unless you have Kyurem-B or Mega Ampharos), Latias, Quagsire (you can flinch until it yields), Breloom in Sleep clause, Landorus, and choice/Outrage-locked Dragon- or Ground-type attacks.
  • If all else fails, use togekiss's typing to sponge attacks and strike back.
Team Options
========​
  • This Togekiss is very much at home on offensive teams requiring a pivot and a safer way to set up for a sweep.
  • Obviously, pair this Togekiss up with special sweepers/attackers. Preferably, use teammates that are comfortable taking Steel-, Ice-, Electric-, and Talonflame's CB Brave Bird. Make sure your weaknesses don't add up too much.
  • Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common Scarfers and sweep with +2 or no boost at all after water/fighting resists are eliminated.
  • Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate the boost, and are all also immune to opposing Thundurus's priority Thunder Wave to boot. Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; while it requires Agility to really get going, it has GREAT defensive synergy as well as offensive presence. Thanks to Mold Breaker, it can even get past Unaware Clefable and Sturdy Skarmory.
  • Focus Sash Alakazam and Zoroark are decent choices as well; the former is guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off, and the latter messes with pretty much everything with or without Illusion.
  • You must have standalone attackers that can operate without a boost, and can clean up after its mess. Life Orb Greninja, Gengar (with substitute so you can avoid Sucker Punch and other priority), and Sheer Force Landorus are a few of many of these.
  • Latias is a decent recipient that can use Defog, and use Healing Wish to heal togekiss or other sweepers at any time.
  • Try to kill Mega Mawile before using Togekiss, as no particular Baton Pass recipient counters it. Mega Venusaur is the closest thing to one in this regard, and has great offensive and defensive synergy with Togekiss as well.
  • fucking shit Deoxys-S and Aegislash are banned

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
mention agility mega ampharos which is literally the best partner to this set, have really good defensive synergy like amph beats elecs so togekiss takes the electric attack after it np's as it's baton passing. so little takes a +2 +2 mega ampharos. someone (masterclass iirc?) used this combo in tour and missed multiple focus blasts which caused a loss that was otherwise a surefire win.

otherwise this is good, qc 1/3

Valentine

Banned deucer.
I feel like there's a better spread, even if it's just adding 16 speed EVs to outpace adamant Mawile to escape Iron Heads. Heatran might deserve a mention since it's one of the only things that both appreciates the +2, and can come in on Play Rough / Iron Head, though it's probably pointless since Sucker Punch still hurts like a motherfucker. Being able to scout for Focus Punch with the BP is a nice feature, i guess. Mawile is just a cunt for this set, there's really nothing that appreciates SpAtk and counters Mawile (nothing really counters Mawile in the first place).. Dropping a slot for Fire Blast ruins your ability to pass multiple times, and Fire Blast doesn't even OHKO, so there's not much to say.

Looks like a lot of fun to use, just baton pass around until Mawile is dead, I guess :toast:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Don't forget that as long as Mega Mawile has taken 30% prior damage, +2 Togekiss can go for the 2HKO with Air Slash, as 60%, even though unreliable, is still in Toge's favor (+2 4 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 132 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 98-116 (35.7 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO).

Also, Mega Venusaur hard checks Mega Mawile, as it OHKOes with +2 HP Fire, and can even take one +2 Sucker Punch or a couple of Iron Head hits. Not a good late-game recipient but still a good way to take advantage of Mega Mawile, and has good synergy with Togekiss too.

Last edited:

AccidentalGreed

Thanks Dice for the QC, and alexwolf and Valentine for your great input!

I gave 16 EVs to the EV spread for minor but useful situational purposes, and added Mega Venusaur as a teammate (actually, why didn't I do that before). Additionally, I added Magic Coat under Moves; Togekiss doesn't have much room to put it in, but the few times I did use it, Heatran and Skarmory stopped being a bitch, and I could avoid random Taunts.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Stupid page two not seeing this til now 3/3 buddy sorry for the wait! AccidentalGreed also i'm on the phone but i read over this like three times just trying to make sure i see no mention of mawilewhich i don't think i do. Nice job!

AccidentalGreed

Stupid page two not seeing this til now 3/3 buddy sorry for the wait! AccidentalGreed also i'm on the phone but i read over this like three times just trying to make sure i see no mention of mawilewhich i don't think i do. Nice job!
Thanks, bra! I was wondering when you guys would get to it haha

Anyhoo, ready for GP

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
amcheck, implement whatever you like and don't implement whatever you don't like ^_^
add (Capitalize)
remove
(comments)

RIP Baton Pass

GP Approvals:

• Togekiss is one of the only viable Pokemon that can set up Nasty Plot + Baton Pass successfully
  • Unlike Mew and Celebi, it can actually sweep by itself thanks to Air Slash's flinch chance and neutral coverage
  • Slow Baton Pass allows recipients to come in unscathed, and Togekiss is plenty bulky enough to achieve this.
  • Nobody really expects Toges to use this; Thunder Wave + Air Slash is a more popular and viable way of using it. However, this is threatening in its own right because, well, next thing you know, Choice Scarf Keldeo's sweeping fucking everything with +2. It's also not as obvious as Mew.

Baton Pass
########

Moves
========
Togekiss is part of a small, fortunate group of Pokemon that can have access to both Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, and it is one of the few that can actually use the combination viably. This combination transforms any of Togekiss's fellow special attackers into a deadly offensive force, (RC) and is rather easy and comfortable to pull off thanks to its bulk, Fairy typing, and access to Roost for instant recovery. Baton Pass can also be used to scout for potential switch-ins. When it isn't attempting to pass boosts, Togekiss can use Air Slash to fire off powerful boosted hits, (RC) and perhaps achieve its own sweep thanks to its Air Slash's neutral coverage and high flinch chance.

Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar, Whirlwind, and status users, though this leaves Togekiss completely offense-less offenseless or unable to recover from attacks. Thunder Wave is also a possible choice over Air Slash to have supportive utility outside of Baton Pass, though, again, this leaves Togekiss without a good last-resort attack.

Set Details
========
Significant defensive investment gives Togekiss great bulk, which also grants it more opportunities to set up and pass boosts. Depending on your preference, Togekiss can be either specially or physically defensive with a Calm or Bold nature, respectively. Minimal Speed investment notably allows Togekiss to pull off a slow Baton Pass, which eases prediction and prevents the recipient from taking damage from incoming attacks. 16 Spe EVs is simply for outrunning max Speed Adamant Azumarill. You may can increase Speed investment in order to outrun other specific threats, such as Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Tyranitar, or threats affected by Sticky Web (if provided), although this detracts from Togekiss's bulk somewhat.

Usage Tips
========
This set is best used when some of Togekiss's checks and counters (The 'some' makes it a bit vague really. I was thinking of outright deleting 'some of', but I thought this could also mean Toges's strong checks and counters, so I wasn't really sure what to do) aren't present, as Togekiss can potentially (pleonasm) become dead weight if taken down (probably should change this to 'crippled' or so because I don't really get what you're saying; if it's taken down it isn't dead weight, it's just dead) too soon before doing its job. It is recommended to set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to Togekiss. This includes Chansey, Sylveon, Magic Guard Clefable (don't set up in front of Unaware variants unless you have a recipient with Mold Breaker), (that's only Mega Ampharos and the parenthesis read awkward as-is in this sequence. It's also mentioned in team options so personally I think this is fine) Latias, Quagsire, Sludge Wave-less Landorus, Pokemon locked into a Ground- or Dragon-type attack, and paralyzed or burned threats.

One thing to note is that this set operates pretty nicely with the element of surprise; the opponent can switch in a check or counter to Togekiss, only to be met with a powerful special attacker with a Nasty Plot boost under its belt. Unlike other threats, Togekiss can actually pass boosts multiple times thanks to its bulk and access to reliable recovery. As an important note, as long as your other sweepers can sweep and clean up without constantly needing Togekiss's help, keep in mind that keeping Togekiss alive at all times isn't necessary.

Team Options
========
This set's purpose is to pass Nasty Plot boosts to other teammates, so naturally these teammates, of course, should be fast and powerful special attackers. Preferably, use Pokemon that are comfortable taking on Togekiss's weaknesses, along with common forms of priority.

Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common Choice Scarfers users and sweep with or without a +2 boost after Water- and Fighting-type resists are eliminated. It can also operate as a makeshift revenge killer in case the opponent attempts to set up against your team. Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate a free Nasty Plot boost and are immune to paralysis, in addition to resisting priority moves such as Bullet Punch and Talonflame's priority Brave Bird. Agility Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; after an Agility boost, it outruns all relevant unboosted Pokemon in the metagame, and its Mold Breaker ability allows it to blow past threats that rely on their abilities, such as Sturdy Skarmory, Unaware Clefable, and Multiscale Dragonite. Focus Sash Alakazam and Zoroark (had its analysis rejected so idk if it's appropriate to mention this one, although I can see why you would recommend it :o) are decent choices as well; the former is guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off, and the latter's great Dark-type coverage and Illusion ability can cause chaotic mind games.

As implied previously, it is recommended to pack standalone attackers that can operate without a boost and clean up after the recipient faints. Greninja, Gengar (preferably with Substitute so that it can avoid Sucker Punch and other means of revenge killing), and Sheer Force Landorus are just a few examples of these. Latias is also a decent teammate that can use Defog and Healing Wish to keep Togekiss and its teammates alive longer.

Moves
========
  • The combination of Baton Pass + Nasty Plot turns any special attacker/sweeper into a deadly force.
  • Using Air Slash prevents Togekiss from being Taint bait, and to fire off powerful hits of its own if wanted. The flinch chance is also handy against slower teams.
  • Dazzling Gleam is a decent STAB move choice, but the flinch really helps out togekiss in desperate situations.
  • Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar users, though this leaves Togekiss completely offensive-less or unable to recover from attacks.
Set Details
========​
  • Significant HP and SpD investment with Calm nature gives Togekiss maximum special bulk, giving it more chances to set up and survive attacks before Passing out.
  • Minimal Speed investment allows Togekiss to pull off "slow Baton Pass," which prevents the recipient from taking damage and Togekiss to ease prediction. 16 Spe is just for outrunning max Speed Adamant Mawile.
  • You may increase Speed to outrun some threats before they kill you, such as Adamant Crawdaunt, Adamant Bisharp, and Jolly Tyranitar. However, this detracts from special bulk.
  • Physically defensive spread is also viable if you hate taking random super effective physical hits, and Togekiss's special bulk is still good anyways with Max HP.
Usage Tips
========​
  • This can be used at any part of the game; just be sure Togekiss is in a position to do so healthily.
  • Set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to you; this includes Chansey, Sylveon, Clefable (don't set up in front of unaware versions unless you have Kyurem-B or Mega Ampharos), Latias, Quagsire (you can flinch until it yields), Breloom in Sleep clause, Landorus, and choice/Outrage-locked Dragon- or Ground-type attacks.
Team Options
========​
  • This Togekiss is very much at home on offensive teams requiring a pivot and a safer way to set up for a sweep.
  • Obviously, pair this Togekiss up with special sweepers/attackers. Preferably, use teammates that are comfortable taking Steel-, Ice-, Electric-, and Talonflame's CB Brave Bird. Make sure your weaknesses don't add up too much.
  • Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common Scarfers and sweep with +2 or no boost at all after water/fighting resists are eliminated.
  • Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate the boost, and are all also immune to opposing Thundurus's priority Thunder Wave to boot. Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; while it requires Agility to really get going, it has GREAT defensive synergy as well as offensive presence. Thanks to Mold Breaker, it can even get past Unaware Clefable and Sturdy Skarmory.
  • Focus Sash Alakazam and Zoroark are decent choices as well; the former is guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off, and the latter messes with pretty much everything with or without Illusion.
  • You must have standalone attackers that can operate without a boost, and can clean up after its mess. Life Orb Greninja, Gengar (with substitute so you can avoid Sucker Punch and other priority), and Sheer Force Landorus are a few of many of these.
  • Latias is a decent recipient that can use Defog, and use Healing Wish to heal togekiss or other sweepers at any time.
  • Try to kill Mega Mawile before using Togekiss, as no particular Baton Pass recipient counters it. Mega Venusaur is the closest thing to one in this regard, and has great offensive and defensive synergy with Togekiss as well.

AccidentalGreed

amcheck, implement whatever you like and don't implement whatever you don't like ^_^
add (Capitalize)
remove
(comments)

RIP Baton Pass

GP Approvals:

Baton Pass
########

Moves
========
Togekiss is part of a small, fortunate group of Pokemon that can have access to both Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, and it is one of the few that can actually use the combination viably. This combination transforms any of Togekiss's fellow special attackers into a deadly offensive force, (RC) and is rather easy and comfortable to pull off thanks to its bulk, Fairy typing, and access to Roost for instant recovery. Baton Pass can also be used to scout for potential switch-ins. When it isn't attempting to pass boosts, Togekiss can use Air Slash to fire off powerful boosted hits, (RC) and perhaps achieve its own sweep thanks to its Air Slash's neutral coverage and high flinch chance.

Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar, Whirlwind, and status users, though this leaves Togekiss completely offense-less offenseless or unable to recover from attacks. Thunder Wave is also a possible choice over Air Slash to have supportive utility outside of Baton Pass, though, again, this leaves Togekiss without a good last-resort attack.

Set Details
========
Significant defensive investment gives Togekiss great bulk, which also grants it more opportunities to set up and pass boosts. Depending on your preference, Togekiss can be either specially or physically defensive with a Calm or Bold nature, respectively. Minimal Speed investment notably allows Togekiss to pull off a slow Baton Pass, which eases prediction and prevents the recipient from taking damage from incoming attacks. 16 Spe EVs is simply for outrunning max Speed Adamant Azumarill. You may can increase Speed investment in order to outrun other specific threats, such as Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Tyranitar, or threats affected by Sticky Web (if provided), although this detracts from Togekiss's bulk somewhat.

Usage Tips
========
This set is best used when some of Togekiss's checks and counters (The 'some' makes it a bit vague really. I was thinking of outright deleting 'some of', but I thought this could also mean Toges's strong checks and counters, so I wasn't really sure what to do) aren't present, as Togekiss can potentially (pleonasm) become dead weight if taken down (probably should change this to 'crippled' or so because I don't really get what you're saying; if it's taken down it isn't dead weight, it's just dead) too soon before doing its job. It is recommended to set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to Togekiss. This includes Chansey, Sylveon, Magic Guard Clefable (don't set up in front of Unaware variants unless you have a recipient with Mold Breaker), (that's only Mega Ampharos and the parenthesis read awkward as-is in this sequence. It's also mentioned in team options so personally I think this is fine) Latias, Quagsire, Sludge Wave-less Landorus, Pokemon locked into a Ground- or Dragon-type attack, and paralyzed or burned threats.

One thing to note is that this set operates pretty nicely with the element of surprise; the opponent can switch in a check or counter to Togekiss, only to be met with a powerful special attacker with a Nasty Plot boost under its belt. Unlike other threats, Togekiss can actually pass boosts multiple times thanks to its bulk and access to reliable recovery. As an important note, as long as your other sweepers can sweep and clean up without constantly needing Togekiss's help, keep in mind that keeping Togekiss alive at all times isn't necessary.

Team Options
========
This set's purpose is to pass Nasty Plot boosts to other teammates, so naturally these teammates, of course, should be fast and powerful special attackers. Preferably, use Pokemon that are comfortable taking on Togekiss's weaknesses, along with common forms of priority.

Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common Choice Scarfers users and sweep with or without a +2 boost after Water- and Fighting-type resists are eliminated. It can also operate as a makeshift revenge killer in case the opponent attempts to set up against your team. Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate a free Nasty Plot boost and are immune to paralysis, in addition to resisting priority moves such as Bullet Punch and Talonflame's priority Brave Bird. Agility Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; after an Agility boost, it outruns all relevant unboosted Pokemon in the metagame, and its Mold Breaker ability allows it to blow past threats that rely on their abilities, such as Sturdy Skarmory, Unaware Clefable, and Multiscale Dragonite. Focus Sash Alakazam and Zoroark (had its analysis rejected so idk if it's appropriate to mention this one, although I can see why you would recommend it :o) are decent choices as well; the former is guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off, and the latter's great Dark-type coverage and Illusion ability can cause chaotic mind games.

As implied previously, it is recommended to pack standalone attackers that can operate without a boost and clean up after the recipient faints. Greninja, Gengar (preferably with Substitute so that it can avoid Sucker Punch and other means of revenge killing), and Sheer Force Landorus are just a few examples of these. Latias is also a decent teammate that can use Defog and Healing Wish to keep Togekiss and its teammates alive longer.

Moves
========
Set Details
========​
Usage Tips
========​
Team Options
========​
Thanks for the check, bra! As for the Zoroark thing, one of the main reasons it was rejected an analysis was because it was too frail to set up by itself, and it kinda needed a Nasty Plot boost to get anywhere with the decent but not extraordinary Dark Pulse. Togekiss fixes that. I also like to think that mentioning it can also fall under the "super-specific strategy principle;" for instance, some Pokemon that are otherwise viable in Trick Room don't get analyses/sets dedicated to TR because it takes too much work, and they don't have many options otherwise.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Thanks for the check, bra! As for the Zoroark thing, one of the main reasons it was rejected an analysis was because it was too frail to set up by itself, and it kinda needed a Nasty Plot boost to get anywhere with the decent but not extraordinary Dark Pulse. Togekiss fixes that. I also like to think that mentioning it can also fall under the "super-specific strategy principle;" for instance, some Pokemon that are otherwise viable in Trick Room don't get analyses/sets dedicated to TR because it takes too much work, and they don't have many options otherwise.
glad you liked it but it doesn't count as an official check :S (i see you edited the title)

am check :]

Remove
Add
Comments

Baton Pass
########

Moves
========
Togekiss is part of a small, fortunate group of Pokemon that have access to both Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, and it is one of the few that can
actually viably pull off the combination viably. This combination transforms any of Togekiss's fellow special attackers into a deadly offensive force, (AC) and is rather easy and comfortable to pull off thanks to its bulk, Fairy typing, and access to Roost for instant recovery. Baton Pass can also be used to scout for potential switch-ins. When it isn't attempting to pass boosts, Togekiss can use Air Slash to fire off powerful boosted hits and perhaps achieve its own sweep thanks to Air Slash's neutral coverage and high flinch chance.

Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar, Whirlwind, and status users, though this
either leaves Togekiss completely offenseless or unable to recover HP or no way to attack from attacks. Thunder Wave is also a possible choice over Air Slash to have supportive utility outside of Baton Pass, though, again, this leaves Togekiss without a good last-resort attack.

Set Details
========
Significant defensive investment gives Togekiss great bulk, which also grants it more opportunities to set up and pass boosts. Depending on your preference, Togekiss can be either specially or physically defensive with a Calm or Bold nature, respectively. Minimal Speed investment notably allows Togekiss to pull off a slow Baton Pass, which eases prediction and prevents the recipient from taking damage from incoming attacks. 16
Spe Speed EVs is for outrunning max Speed Adamant Azumarill. You can increase Speed investment in order to outrun other specific threats, such as Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Tyranitar, or threats affected by Sticky Web (if provided), although this somewhat detracts from Togekiss's bulk somewhat.

Usage Tips
========
This set is best used when Togekiss's stronger checks and counters aren't present, as Togekiss can become dead weight if
it becomes crippled before doing its job. It is recommended to set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to Togekiss. This includes Chansey, Sylveon, Magic Guard Clefable, Latias, Quagsire, Sludge Wave-less Landorus, Pokemon locked into a Ground- or Dragon-type attack, and paralyzed or burned threats.

One thing to note is that this set operates nicely with the element of surprise; the opponent can switch in a check or counter to Togekiss, only to be met with a powerful special attacker with a Nasty Plot boost under its belt. Unlike other threats, Togekiss can actually pass boosts multiple times thanks to its bulk and access to reliable recovery. As an important note, as long as your other sweepers can sweep and clean up without constantly needing Togekiss's help, keeping Togekiss alive at all times isn't necessary.

Team Options
========
This set's purpose is to pass Nasty Plot boosts to other teammates, so naturally these teammates should be fast and powerful special attackers. Preferably, use Pokemon that are comfortable taking on Togekiss's weaknesses, along with common forms of priority.

Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common opposing Choice Scarf users and sweep with or without (unnecessary, considering we're talking about what it CAN do with a +2 boost) a +2 boost after Water- and Fighting-type resists are eliminated. It can also operate as a makeshift revenge killer in case the opponent attempts to set up against your team. Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate a free Nasty Plot boost and are immune to paralysis, in addition to resisting priority attacks such as Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird. Agility Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; after a boost, it outruns all relevant unboosted Pokemon in the metagame, and Mold Breaker allows it to blow past threats that rely on their abilities, such as Sturdy Skarmory, Unaware Clefable, and Multiscale Dragonite. Focus Sash Alakazam and Zoroark are decent choices as well; the former is guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off thanks to Magic Guard, and the latter's great Dark-type coverage and Illusion ability can cause chaotic mind games.

AccidentalGreed

am check :]

Remove
Add
Comments

Baton Pass
########

Moves
========
Togekiss is part of a small, fortunate group of Pokemon that have access to both Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, and it is one of the few that can
actually viably pull off the combination viably. This combination transforms any of Togekiss's fellow special attackers into a deadly offensive force, (AC) and is rather easy and comfortable to pull off thanks to its bulk, Fairy typing, and access to Roost for instant recovery. Baton Pass can also be used to scout for potential switch-ins. When it isn't attempting to pass boosts, Togekiss can use Air Slash to fire off powerful boosted hits and perhaps achieve its own sweep thanks to Air Slash's neutral coverage and high flinch chance.

Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar, Whirlwind, and status users, though this
either leaves Togekiss completely offenseless or unable to recover HP or no way to attack from attacks. Thunder Wave is also a possible choice over Air Slash to have supportive utility outside of Baton Pass, though, again, this leaves Togekiss without a good last-resort attack.

Set Details
========
Significant defensive investment gives Togekiss great bulk, which also grants it more opportunities to set up and pass boosts. Depending on your preference, Togekiss can be either specially or physically defensive with a Calm or Bold nature, respectively. Minimal Speed investment notably allows Togekiss to pull off a slow Baton Pass, which eases prediction and prevents the recipient from taking damage from incoming attacks. 16
Spe Speed EVs is for outrunning max Speed Adamant Azumarill. You can increase Speed investment in order to outrun other specific threats, such as Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Tyranitar, or threats affected by Sticky Web (if provided), although this somewhat detracts from Togekiss's bulk somewhat.

Usage Tips
========
This set is best used when Togekiss's stronger checks and counters aren't present, as Togekiss can become dead weight if
it becomes crippled before doing its job. It is recommended to set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to Togekiss. This includes Chansey, Sylveon, Magic Guard Clefable, Latias, Quagsire, Sludge Wave-less Landorus, Pokemon locked into a Ground- or Dragon-type attack, and paralyzed or burned threats.

One thing to note is that this set operates nicely with the element of surprise; the opponent can switch in a check or counter to Togekiss, only to be met with a powerful special attacker with a Nasty Plot boost under its belt. Unlike other threats, Togekiss can actually pass boosts multiple times thanks to its bulk and access to reliable recovery. As an important note, as long as your other sweepers can sweep and clean up without constantly needing Togekiss's help, keeping Togekiss alive at all times isn't necessary.

Team Options
========
This set's purpose is to pass Nasty Plot boosts to other teammates, so naturally these teammates should be fast and powerful special attackers. Preferably, use Pokemon that are comfortable taking on Togekiss's weaknesses, along with common forms of priority.

Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common opposing Choice Scarf users and sweep with or without (unnecessary, considering we're talking about what it CAN do with a +2 boost) a +2 boost after Water- and Fighting-type resists are eliminated. It can also operate as a makeshift revenge killer in case the opponent attempts to set up against your team. Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate a free Nasty Plot boost and are immune to paralysis, in addition to resisting priority attacks such as Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird. Agility Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; after a boost, it outruns all relevant unboosted Pokemon in the metagame, and Mold Breaker allows it to blow past threats that rely on their abilities, such as Sturdy Skarmory, Unaware Clefable, and Multiscale Dragonite. Focus Sash Alakazam and Zoroark are decent choices as well; the former is guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off thanks to Magic Guard, and the latter's great Dark-type coverage and Illusion ability can cause chaotic mind games.

Thanks for the amcheck! Although I kept the "without" part, as Keldeo is perfectly capable of sweeping/cleaning up teams literally with OR without the boost.

tehy

Banned deucer.
One more amcheck for the road

Fresh off checking ru togetic, quite the deja vu experience

Baton Pass
########

Moves
========
Togekiss is part of a small, fortunate group of Pokemon that have access to both Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, and it is one of the few that can viably pull off the combination. ThSaisd combination transforms any of Togekiss's fellow special attackers into a deadly offensive forces, and is rather easy to pull off thanks to its bulk, Fairy typing, and access to Roost for instant recovery. Baton Pass can also be used to scout for potential switch-ins. When it isn't attempting to pass boosts, Togekiss can use Air Slash to fire off powerful boosted hits and perhaps achieve its own sweep thanks to Air Slash's neutral coverage and high flinch chance with Serene Grace.

Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar, Whirlwind, and status users, though this either leaves Togekiss either unable to recover HP or uno wayble to attack. Thunder Wave is also a possible choice over Air Slash to have supportive utility outside of Baton Pass, though, again, this leaves Togekiss without a good last-resort attack.

Set Details
========
Significant defensive investment gives Togekiss great bulk, which also grants it more opportunities to set up and pass boosts. Depending on your preference, Togekiss can be either specially or physically defensive with a Calm or Bold nature, respectively. Minimal Speed investment notably allows Togekiss to pull off a slow Baton Pass, which eases prediction and prevents the recipient from taking damage from incoming attacks. 16 Speed EVs iare used ftor outrunning max Speed Adamant Azumarill. You can increase Speed investment in order to outrun other specific threats, such as Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Tyranitar, or threats affected by Sticky Web (if provided), although this somewhat detracts from Togekiss's bulk.

Usage Tips
========
This set is best used when Togekiss's stronger checks and counters aren't present, as Togekiss can become dead weight if it becomes crippled before doing its job. It is recommended to set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to Togekiss. This includes Chansey, Sylveon, Magic Guard Clefable, Latias, Quagsire, Sludge Wave-less Landorus, Pokemon locked into a Ground- or Dragon-type attack, and paralyzed or burned threats.

One thing to note is that this set operates nicely with the element of surprise; the opponent can switch in a check or counter to Togekiss, only to be met with a powerful special attacker with a Nasty Plot boost under its belt. Unlike other threats, Togekiss can actually pass boosts multiple times, thanks to its bulk and access to reliable recovery. As an important note, as long as your other sweepers can sweep and clean up without constantly needing Togekiss's help, keeping Togekiss alive at all times isn't necessary.

Team Options
========

Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common opposing Choice Scarf users and clean up with or without a +2 boost after Water- and Fighting-type resists are eliminated. It can also operate as a makeshift revenge killer in case the opponent attempts to set up against your team. Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate a free Nasty Plot boost and are immune to paralysis, in additwhion tole resisting priority attacks such as Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird. Agility Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; after a boost, it outruns all relevant unboosted Pokemon in the metagame, and Mold Breaker allows it to blow past threats that rely on their abilities, such as Sturdy Skarmory, Unaware Clefable, and Multiscale Dragonite. Focus Sash Alakazam and Zoroark are decent choices as well; the former is virtually guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off thanks to Magic Guard, and the latter's great Dark-type coverage and Illusion ability can cause chaotic mind games.

As implied previously, it is recommended to pack standalone attackers that can operate without a boost and clean up after the recipient faints. Greninja, Gengar (preferably with Substitute, so that it can avoid Sucker Punch and other means of revenge killing), and Sheer Force Landorus are just a few examples of these. Latias is also a decent teammate that can use Defog and Healing Wish to keep Togekiss and its teammates alive longer.

AccidentalGreed

One more amcheck for the road

Fresh off checking ru togetic, quite the deja vu experience

Baton Pass
########

Moves
========
Togekiss is part of a small, fortunate group of Pokemon that have access to both Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, and it is one of the few that can viably pull off the combination. ThSaisd combination transforms any of Togekiss's fellow special attackers into a deadly offensive forces, and is rather easy to pull off thanks to its bulk, Fairy typing, and access to Roost for instant recovery. Baton Pass can also be used to scout for potential switch-ins. When it isn't attempting to pass boosts, Togekiss can use Air Slash to fire off powerful boosted hits and perhaps achieve its own sweep thanks to Air Slash's neutral coverage and high flinch chance with Serene Grace.

Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar, Whirlwind, and status users, though this either leaves Togekiss either unable to recover HP or uno wayble to attack. Thunder Wave is also a possible choice over Air Slash to have supportive utility outside of Baton Pass, though, again, this leaves Togekiss without a good last-resort attack.

Set Details
========
Significant defensive investment gives Togekiss great bulk, which also grants it more opportunities to set up and pass boosts. Depending on your preference, Togekiss can be either specially or physically defensive with a Calm or Bold nature, respectively. Minimal Speed investment notably allows Togekiss to pull off a slow Baton Pass, which eases prediction and prevents the recipient from taking damage from incoming attacks. 16 Speed EVs iare used ftor outrunning max Speed Adamant Azumarill. You can increase Speed investment in order to outrun other specific threats, such as Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Tyranitar, or threats affected by Sticky Web (if provided), although this somewhat detracts from Togekiss's bulk.

Usage Tips
========
This set is best used when Togekiss's stronger checks and counters aren't present, as Togekiss can become dead weight if it becomes crippled before doing its job. It is recommended to set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to Togekiss. This includes Chansey, Sylveon, Magic Guard Clefable, Latias, Quagsire, Sludge Wave-less Landorus, Pokemon locked into a Ground- or Dragon-type attack, and paralyzed or burned threats.

One thing to note is that this set operates nicely with the element of surprise; the opponent can switch in a check or counter to Togekiss, only to be met with a powerful special attacker with a Nasty Plot boost under its belt. Unlike other threats, Togekiss can actually pass boosts multiple times, thanks to its bulk and access to reliable recovery. As an important note, as long as your other sweepers can sweep and clean up without constantly needing Togekiss's help, keeping Togekiss alive at all times isn't necessary.

Team Options
========

Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common opposing Choice Scarf users and clean up with or without a +2 boost after Water- and Fighting-type resists are eliminated. It can also operate as a makeshift revenge killer in case the opponent attempts to set up against your team. Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate a free Nasty Plot boost and are immune to paralysis, in additwhion tole resisting priority attacks such as Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird. Agility Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; after a boost, it outruns all relevant unboosted Pokemon in the metagame, and Mold Breaker allows it to blow past threats that rely on their abilities, such as Sturdy Skarmory, Unaware Clefable, and Multiscale Dragonite. Focus Sash Alakazam and Zoroark are decent choices as well; the former is virtually guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off thanks to Magic Guard, and the latter's great Dark-type coverage and Illusion ability can cause chaotic mind games.

As implied previously, it is recommended to pack standalone attackers that can operate without a boost and clean up after the recipient faints. Greninja, Gengar (preferably with Substitute, so that it can avoid Sucker Punch and other means of revenge killing), and Sheer Force Landorus are just a few examples of these. Latias is also a decent teammate that can use Defog and Healing Wish to keep Togekiss and its teammates alive longer.
Implemented, thanks for your thoughts =)

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1/2 AccidentalGreed :)

add remove (comments)

Baton Pass
########

Moves
========
Togekiss is part of a small, fortunate group of Pokemon that have access to both Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, and it is one of the few that can viably pull off the combination. Said combination transforms any of Togekiss's fellow special attackers into deadly offensive forces, and it is rather easy to pull off thanks to its Togekiss's bulk, Fairy typing, and access to Roost for instant recovery. Baton Pass can also be used to scout for potential switch-ins. When it isn't attempting to pass boosts, Togekiss can use Air Slash to fire off powerful boosted hits and perhaps sweep thanks to Air Slash's neutral coverage and high flinch chance thanks to from Serene Grace.

Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar, Whirlwind, and status users, though this leaves Togekiss either unable to recover HP or unable to attack. Thunder Wave is also a possible choice over Air Slash to have supportive utility outside of Baton Pass, though, again, this leaves Togekiss without a good last-resort attack. Fire Blast is an alternative attack that is stronger than Air Slash, (remove comma) and can hit otherwise troublesome defensive Steel-types such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory. Air Slash is generally better, however, due to its flinch chance and generally better neutral coverage against a majority of OU threats, such as Azumarill, Conkeldurr, and Mega Venusaur.

Set Details
========
Significant defensive investment gives Togekiss great bulk, which also grants it more opportunities to set up and pass boosts. Depending on your preference, Togekiss can be either specially or physically defensive with a Calm or Bold nature, respectively. Minimal Speed investment notably allows Togekiss to pull off a slow Baton Pass, which eases prediction and prevents the recipient from taking damage from incoming attacks. The only exception to this are However, 16 Speed EVs, which are still used to outrun max Speed Adamant Azumarill, which is useful to outspeed because (reason). You can increase Speed investment in order to outrun other specific threats, such as Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Tyranitar, or threats affected by Sticky Web (if provided), although this somewhat detracts from Togekiss's bulk.

Usage Tips
========
This set is best used when Togekiss's stronger checks and counters aren't present, as Togekiss can become dead weight if it becomes crippled before doing its job. It is recommended to set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to Togekiss. This includes Chansey, Sylveon, Magic Guard Clefable, Latias, Quagsire, Sludge Wave-less Landorus without Sludge Wave, Pokemon locked into a Ground- or Dragon-type attack, and paralyzed or burned threats.

One thing to note is that this set operates nicely with the element of surprise; the opponent can switch in a check or counter to Togekiss, only to be met with a powerful special attacker with a Nasty Plot boost under its belt. Unlike other Baton Pass-using threats, Togekiss can actually pass boosts multiple times, thanks to its bulk and access to reliable recovery. As an important note, as long as your other sweepers can sweep and clean up without constantly needing Togekiss's help, keeping Togekiss alive at all times isn't necessary.

Team Options
========
This set's purpose is to pass Nasty Plot boosts to other teammates, so naturally these teammates should be fast and powerful special attackers. Use Pokemon that are comfortable taking on Togekiss's weaknesses, along with common forms of priority.

Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common opposing Choice Scarf users and clean up with or without a +2 boost after Water- and Fighting-type resists are eliminated. It can also operate as a makeshift revenge killer in case the opponent attempts to set up against your team. Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate a free Nasty Plot boost and are immune to paralysis, while resisting priority attacks such as Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird. Agility Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; after a boost, it outruns all relevant unboosted Pokemon in the metagame, and Mold Breaker allows it to blow past threats that rely on their abilities, such as Sturdy Skarmory, Unaware Clefable, and Multiscale Dragonite. Focus Sash Alakazam and Zoroark and Focus Sash Alakazam are decent choices as well; the former is virtually guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off thanks to Magic Guard, and the latter's the former's great Dark-type coverage and Illusion ability can cause chaotic mind games, while the former is virtually guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off thanks to Magic Guard.

AccidentalGreed

1/2 AccidentalGreed :)

add remove (comments)

Baton Pass
########

Moves
========
Togekiss is part of a small, fortunate group of Pokemon that have access to both Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, and it is one of the few that can viably pull off the combination. Said combination transforms any of Togekiss's fellow special attackers into deadly offensive forces, and it is rather easy to pull off thanks to its Togekiss's bulk, Fairy typing, and access to Roost for instant recovery. Baton Pass can also be used to scout for potential switch-ins. When it isn't attempting to pass boosts, Togekiss can use Air Slash to fire off powerful boosted hits and perhaps sweep thanks to Air Slash's neutral coverage and high flinch chance thanks to from Serene Grace.

Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar, Whirlwind, and status users, though this leaves Togekiss either unable to recover HP or unable to attack. Thunder Wave is also a possible choice over Air Slash to have supportive utility outside of Baton Pass, though, again, this leaves Togekiss without a good last-resort attack. Fire Blast is an alternative attack that is stronger than Air Slash, (remove comma) and can hit otherwise troublesome defensive Steel-types such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory. Air Slash is generally better, however, due to its flinch chance and generally better neutral coverage against a majority of OU threats, such as Azumarill, Conkeldurr, and Mega Venusaur.

Set Details
========
Significant defensive investment gives Togekiss great bulk, which also grants it more opportunities to set up and pass boosts. Depending on your preference, Togekiss can be either specially or physically defensive with a Calm or Bold nature, respectively. Minimal Speed investment notably allows Togekiss to pull off a slow Baton Pass, which eases prediction and prevents the recipient from taking damage from incoming attacks. The only exception to this are However, 16 Speed EVs, which are still used to outrun max Speed Adamant Azumarill, which is useful to outspeed because (reason). You can increase Speed investment in order to outrun other specific threats, such as Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Tyranitar, or threats affected by Sticky Web (if provided), although this somewhat detracts from Togekiss's bulk.

Usage Tips
========
This set is best used when Togekiss's stronger checks and counters aren't present, as Togekiss can become dead weight if it becomes crippled before doing its job. It is recommended to set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to Togekiss. This includes Chansey, Sylveon, Magic Guard Clefable, Latias, Quagsire, Sludge Wave-less Landorus without Sludge Wave, Pokemon locked into a Ground- or Dragon-type attack, and paralyzed or burned threats.

One thing to note is that this set operates nicely with the element of surprise; the opponent can switch in a check or counter to Togekiss, only to be met with a powerful special attacker with a Nasty Plot boost under its belt. Unlike other Baton Pass-using threats, Togekiss can actually pass boosts multiple times, thanks to its bulk and access to reliable recovery. As an important note, as long as your other sweepers can sweep and clean up without constantly needing Togekiss's help, keeping Togekiss alive at all times isn't necessary.

Team Options
========
This set's purpose is to pass Nasty Plot boosts to other teammates, so naturally these teammates should be fast and powerful special attackers. Use Pokemon that are comfortable taking on Togekiss's weaknesses, along with common forms of priority.

Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common opposing Choice Scarf users and clean up with or without a +2 boost after Water- and Fighting-type resists are eliminated. It can also operate as a makeshift revenge killer in case the opponent attempts to set up against your team. Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate a free Nasty Plot boost and are immune to paralysis, while resisting priority attacks such as Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird. Agility Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; after a boost, it outruns all relevant unboosted Pokemon in the metagame, and Mold Breaker allows it to blow past threats that rely on their abilities, such as Sturdy Skarmory, Unaware Clefable, and Multiscale Dragonite. Focus Sash Alakazam and Zoroark and Focus Sash Alakazam are decent choices as well; the former is virtually guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off thanks to Magic Guard, and the latter's the former's great Dark-type coverage and Illusion ability can cause chaotic mind games, while the former is virtually guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off thanks to Magic Guard.

Updated with check, thanks bra =)

One more and we can get this baby outta here

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi
Baton Pass
########

Moves
========
Togekiss is part of a small, fortunate group of Pokemon that have access to both Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, and it is one of the few that can viably pull off the combination. Said combinaThe aforementioned moves transforms any of Togekiss's fellow special attackers into deadly offensive forces, and i. It is rather easy for Togekiss to pull offuse Nasty Plot and pass the boost to a teammate thanks to Togekiss'its bulk, Fairy typing, and access to Roost for instant recovery. Baton Pass can also be used to scout for potential switch-ins. When it isn't attempting to pass boosts, Togekiss can use Air Slash to fire off powerful boosted hits and perhaps sweep thanks to Air Slash's neutral coverage and high flinch chance from Serene Grace.

Magic Coat can be used over Roost or Air Slash to get past Roar, Whirlwind, and status users, though this leaves Togekiss either unable to recover HP or unable to attack. Thunder Wave is also a possible choice over Air Slash to have supportive utility outside of Baton Pass, though, again, this leaves Togekiss without a good last-resort attack. Fire Blast is an alternative attack that is stronger than Air Slash and canis able to hit otherwise troublesome defensive Steel-types, such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory, hard. Air Slash is generally better, however, due to its flinch chance and generally better neutral coverage against a majority of OU threats, such as Azumarill, Conkeldurr, and Mega Venusaur.

Set Details
========
SignificantThe defensive investment gives Togekiss great bulk, which also grantsing it more opportunities to set up and pass boosts. Depending on your preference, Togekiss can be either specially or physically defensive with a Calm or Bold nature, respectively. Minimal Speed investment notably allows Togekiss to pull off a slow Baton Pass, which eases prediction and prevents the recipient from taking damage from incoming attacks. However, 16 Speed EVs, are still used to outrun max Speed Adamant Azumarill, which is useful to outspeed to prevent fast variants from unexpectedly revenge killing Togekiss. You can increase the Speed investment, however, in order to outrun other specific threats, such as Crawdaunt, Bisharp, Tyranitar, or threats affected by Sticky Web (if provided), although this somewhat detracts from Togekiss's bulk.

Usage Tips
========
This set is best used when Togekiss's stronger checks and counters aren't present, as Togekiss can become dead weight if it becomes crippled before doing its job. It is recommended to set up in front of walls or offensive threats that can't do much damage to Togekiss. This include, such as Chansey, Sylveon, Magic Guard Clefable, Latias, Quagsire, Landorus without Sludge Wave-lacking Landorus, Pokemon locked into a Ground- or Dragon-type attack, and paralyzed or burned threats.

One thing to note is that this set operates nicely with the element of surprise; the opponent can switch in a check or counter to Togekiss, only to be met with a powerful special attacker with a Nasty Plot boost under its belt. Unlike other Baton Pass-using threat users, Togekiss can pass boosts multiple times, thanks to its bulk and access to reliable recovery. As an important note, as long as your other sweepers can sweep and clean up without constantly needing Togekiss's help, keeping Togekiss alive at all times isn't necessary.

Team Options
========

Choice Scarf Keldeo is an excellent recipient that can outrun common opposing Choice Scarf users and clean up with or without a +2 boost after Pokemon that resist Water- and Fighting-type resistmoves are eliminated. It can also operate as a makeshift revenge killer in casef the opponentfoe attempts to set up against your team. Electric-types such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Thundurus all appreciate a free Nasty Plot boost and are immune to paralysis, while resisting priority attacks such as Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird. Agility Mega Ampharos is also wonderful in this regard; after an Agility boost, it outruns all relevant unboosted Pokemon in the metagame, and Mold Breaker allows it to blow past threats that rely on their abilities, such as Sturdy Skarmory, Unaware Clefable, and Multiscale Dragonite. Zoroark and Focus Sash Alakazam are decent choices as well; the former's great Dark-type coverage and Illusion ability can cause chaotic mind games, while the latter is virtually guaranteed to get at least two extremely powerful hits off thanks to Magic Guard, and the latter's.

As implied previously, it is recommended to pack standalone attackers that can operate without a boost and clean up after the recipient faints., such as Greninja, Gengar (preferably with Substitute, so that it can avoid Sucker Punch and other means of revenge killing), and Sheer Force Landorus are just a few examples of these. Latias is also a decent teammate that can use Defog and Healing Wish to keep Togekiss and its teammates alive longer.

GP 2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)