All Gens RoA Premier League: Finals [6T/60P Won by the Lucky Laprases]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hill

ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day
is a Past WCoP Champion
sorry for not showing up, my brother broke his arm yesterday and I was the only one home to help him to go to the doctor etc etc

I'll be online sunday if that works for you

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Confirming that I beat TML in a good game.

This one is for you team, aint ova yet, I broke the curse.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's been 2 weeks and there are still 10 battles to be done, with some where nobody even bothered contacting the opponent so far. I think only one battle is really scheduled for a set time at this point, and that is supposed to happen tomorrow. I will give this whole thing time till Wednesday evening, after that i will make decisions.
Depending on what happens in this time i will decide on how to end this if there is no clear outcome in sight. I might just take the game difference, the overall game difference of the season, or activity wins. I also reserve the right to call activity wins or dead games from the current moment, to avoid anyone trying to snag cheap wins by vming his opponent last minute and not playing then.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I also reserve the right to call activity wins or dead games from the current moment, to avoid anyone trying to snag cheap wins by vming his opponent last minute and not playing then.
Not a great idea. What's the incentive to trying to get it done now if there's no chance of it counting toward activity? Just make a reasonable judgement call. VMing today = good. VMing 2hrs from (mega-extended) deadline = bad. Anything in between is at your discretion.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
Yeah going with Jorgens version, i meant to use that only on the obvious cases anyways. I still got some hope that a couple of matches actually get done.

Ok, here is my post

I contacted my opponents at the beginning of the round, and only dekzeh answered me. We couldn't play the first weekend, but after that, I sent him some VMs which he still hasn't answered to. I also asked for him on smogtours at ST time this weekend, and e7e told me that he was on #baril on IRC. I entered there, saw that he was available, and sent him some private messages and asked for him on #baril and #pokemon. I didn't receive any answer. And I have screen of Colloquy.

Talking about Nails, he answered me at XY's ST, and told me that I should look for him on IRC, because he didn't enter to forums. Anyway, he finally respond and told me that he would be available between 7-10 EST, which is 1- 4 AM my time. Impossible for me, obviously (and he was talking about week-days). On Saturday, I sent him a VM because I hadn't seen him on smogtours at ST time, but he didn't respond me. After that, I asked for him yesterday on smogtours (like with dekzeh), but anybody answered me, and I didn't see him on #pokemon. And I have to add that he hasn't entered to Smogon Forums since Saturday at 2:27 PM.

To sum up, I want to keep clear that I've been really active and I don't know why, maybe the different timezones, but for any reason, we haven't been able to play. I wanted to play, I want to play, and if I could, I'd play now.

So, if you are going to give an activity win, I think I deserve it, or at least, I don't deserve losing.

That's all.

Last edited:

Lavos

Banned deucer.
ok i guess i'll make a post

Hill i was online last night when you said you would be free(4-8 pm for me, so like 8-12 for you) and didn't see you at all. i wasn't actively looking, just idling on smogon, but i refreshed homepage every 30 mins or so and it never showed you online. i like you and i know you had some unexpected things come up last week so i'd prefer to avoid a coinflip. can we set a time to play for sure? wednesday evening works best.

Dekzeh i have constantly looked for you on irc and forums, you have not made any attempt to contact me, i had to reach out and post on your wall and i only got 1 extremely noncommittal response. you don't seem like you want to play me, so i would like infernapes management to sub dekzeh out, or i think this is a clear activity win for me.

thanks

Hill

ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day
is a Past WCoP Champion
ok i guess i'll make a post

Hill i was online last night when you said you would be free(4-8 pm for me, so like 8-12 for you) and didn't see you at all. i wasn't actively looking, just idling on smogon, but i refreshed homepage every 30 mins or so and it never showed you online. i like you and i know you had some unexpected things come up last week so i'd prefer to avoid a coinflip. can we set a time to play for sure? wednesday evening works best.

Dekzeh i have constantly looked for you on irc and forums, you have not made any attempt to contact me, i had to reach out and post on your wall and i only got 1 extremely noncommittal response. you don't seem like you want to play me, so i would like infernapes management to sub dekzeh out, or i think this is a clear activity win for me.

thanks

Hi I was online but not at smogon, my bad. I can play today if you want to

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
What an unexpected turn of events: the game i was waiting for to be finished actually did not happen. Who would have though.

Anyways i said i am going to take decisions today, all unfinished games had an extention and none happened. There are actually several ways how i can decide this so here are the options: 1) Game Difference of the finals, 2) Overall Game Difference of the season, 3) Activity wins/calling dead games.
1a) Game Difference of the finals after activity wins, 2a) Overall Game Difference of the season with activity wins of the finals

1) Lapras have a score of 9-4 with a total of 7 unplayed games in the finals, game difference is +5
Umbreons have a score of 6-7 with a total of 7 unplayed games in the finals, game difference is -1
Infernapes have a score of 5-9 with a total of 6 unplayed games in the finals, game difference is -4
Laprases win by that method

2) Lapras have a score of 37-24 with a total of 9 unplayed games, game difference is +13
Infernapes have a score of 30-26 with a total of 14 unplayed games, game difference is +4
Umbreons have a score of 31-28 with a total of 11 unplayed games, game difference is +3

3) Now the harder part, calling activity wins.
Hill vs Agammemnon is an activity win for Hill, they vaguely scheduled (the weekend) and Agammemnon wasn't online during the weekend, Hill was.
pokebasket vs dekzeh is an activity win for pokebasket, pokebasket tried to find his opponent several times, dekzeh has been inactive during the last couple of days
reiku vs Steve Angello is a dead game (can be argued to be an activity win for Steve Angello though, but it doesn't matter in the long run). They tried to schedule after 2 weeks, Steve vmed his opponent before though, so this is questionable.
Dekzeh vs Lavos Spawn is an activity win for Lavos Spawn, dekzeh wasn't active for the last couple of days
Hot N Cold vs Nails is a dead game, did they even schedule?
Steve Angello vs dadoux is an activity win for Steve Angello, dadoux didn't even bother replying to steve's vm
Lavos Spawn vs Hill is an activity win for Lavos Spawn, reason should be obvious
Nails vs pokebasket is an activity win for pokebasket. Just saying "contact me on irc" and giving your opponent times that are in the middle of the night for him is not the way to properly schedule a match, whereas pokebasket tried to find nails several times.
Jirachee vs PDC is a dead game, i have no idea why this didn't happen, if any of you wants to insist on an activity win feel free to do so, it won't change the final results though
dadoux vs reiku is a dead game (could be argued towards an activity win for reiku), none of the players contacted each other for 2 weeks and all that happened was a vm from reiku he didn't get a clear response to

that would make the results Laprases (7) vs Infernapes (2) with one dead game, Infernapes (3) vs Umbreons (6) with one dead game, Umbreons (3) vs Laprases (5) with 2 dead games. (if i count the dead games that could be argued towards an activity win the overall result doesn't change)

1a) Lapras have a score of 12-5 with a total of 3 unplayed games in the finals, game difference is +7
Umbreons have a score of 8-10 with a total of 2 unplayed games in the finals, game difference is -2
Infernapes have a score of 6-11 with a total of 3 unplayed games in the finals, game difference is -5

2a) Lapras have a score of 40-25 with a total of 5 unplayed games, game difference is +15
Umbreons have a score of 34-29 with a total of 7 unplayed games, game difference is +5
Infernapes have a score of 30-30 with a total of 10 unplayed games, game difference is +-0

Maths is hard and all, but i checked these numbers a couple of times and even if i made any mistakes in there (feel free to point them out) i highly doubt they will make a difference because of the distinct advantage of the Laprases in every method. I think by listing all my posibilities i made it quite clear how my decision will be without actually making a final decision here: tl,dr The Lucky Laprases win the first RoAPL

Congratulations to Lutra and the Lucky Laprases, you were the most dominating team throughout the whole season and the finals and have the lowest number of unplayed or dead games in total, so I feel this win is highly deserved. I'd like to apologize for my rather amateurish hosting and will take all my mistakes into consideration if we ever make a second RoAPL. I am also quite disappointed by how so many people lost interest in this so quickly. Maybe the format of a premier league ripoff is too big for the rather small userbase of RoA, maybe it lacked more active managers and hosts or maybe the timing was just bad.
Shoutout to all the RBYers at this point, who actually proved that getting most of your matches done in 3-4 days is possible.

I am here, sorry lol, i totally forgot about this tournament, i'll try to play before the end of the week
Do you even read brah

Well, i won't bother talking about it because i admit that i had a lot more things to do than playing pokemon the last few days/week so i don't even care that much because everyone was a bit lazy to play this tournament, i had fun with my first team, bkc/jirachee and all xoxo and my 3-1 record is not that bad, gg laprases

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
Do you even read brah

Well, i won't bother talking about it because i admit that i had a lot more things to do than playing pokemon the last few days/week so i don't even care that much because everyone was a bit lazy to play this tournament, i had fun with my first team, bkc/jirachee and all xoxo and my 3-1 record is not that bad, gg laprases
yeah i do read brah, and that is what i meant with no clear response (before the weekend =/= scheduled match), and appareantly you didn't see that i said i will decide this on wednesday evening my time. Don't get me wrong here, because everyone can forget something and all, but as MrE said, it's one thing to john during the season, but it's a whole nother thing to john when it comes down if you go to finals or not. But forgetting about finals is a new level, and appareantly not even your managers reminded you of playing or at least contacting.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm glad this is over.

I think there were several issues with this tour. The obvious one is that every single week Jellicent extended the deadline, not because it was needed but because he simply wasn't around during the day after the deadline was over. It was OK during the first weeks but when it took over two weeks for one week to eventually end, that's just not cutting it. Get back up hosts for future tours and/or be stricter with deadlines.
The second issue is that activity wins were not called if one team had already won the week in question. Infernapes won the first two weeks 6-0 and 6-1 iirc, and we had calls on the activity win in a majority of the games not being played in both weeks. The reason for this was that tiebreakers weren't called for and instead we were allowed to have a three-way final, but I don't like that. When a week can be over in just six games (as it evidently was), there's little need to play games afterwards since they won't matter. I think this made some people forget about the tour (along with the long weeks) and some probably chose to strategically john.
Third was the (perceived) lack of team spirit. I think this was at least aided by the former two issues. Infernapes had a skype chat and a Smogon group convo that were all active towards the start but as time went by died out, and in the finals the chat was more or less completely dead. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a similar issue in the other team convos. Substitutes weren't issued for a lot of games (see point 2). A raise in funds could be an idea to get more (active) players on board but idk if that solves things.

Next year, if this comes back, I hope that the first two issues will be patched up. It's a good idea but things have to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)