The Everything NHL Thread

PC, I tested out running two mock drafts at once today and it seemed to work OK. Hopefully the other draft is somewhat rapping up by then it's at 2:30PM central.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hate to be that person but something just came up for a class that's requiring mandatory participation from 4-6 est today is there anyway we can push back the draft? my professor is being non-negotiable about this i'm really sorry

i can try doing a mobile draft but not sure if there's good wireless where i'm gonna be

Last edited:
That was a fun draft. I'm completely open to trading anybody at any point in the season. Feel free to spam me with terrible offers. Also, hopefully none of you were offended by my complaining.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
enjoyed that draft as well, though personally it was probably my worst draft of all time

11/12 people showing up to the draft is pretty great though, glad we could make it work for most of us (poo on french-less Vineon tho :P)

Yea the draft was really fun, even though I got my hands tied pretty early (damn you aldaron for being so committed) and as a result my team probably sucks. But eh, it was within expectations for my first fantasy draft. Gonna be a fun season.

I've never done auction style but I'm pretty pumped about my team. Seguin + Benn combo is a dream team despite spending like 60% of my $$ on it.

The highlight of the draft was cock blocking whoever nominated Ryan O'Reilly with the $18 b/o ;)

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I've never done auction style but I'm pretty pumped about my team. Seguin + Benn combo is a dream team despite spending like 60% of my $$ on it.

The highlight of the draft was cock blocking whoever nominated Ryan O'Reilly with the $18 b/o ;)
definitely going to be benn/seguin or getz/perry for 1/2 point pairs this year

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok. This is disappointing.

I didn't notice that you bumped the draft back one week. My fault. I should have been paying attention to this thread, I suppose. I was under the impression I had agreed to a draft date and was set.

Now I'm going to be an ass: I'm not going to be playing. Hopefully, it's still time to get a replacement.

Good luck to all and don't let Justin8649 win.

Last edited:

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Jacob, I sent the invite.

Tell me when you send the invite (I haven't actually transferred owners before so I want to make sure it works properly)

Lots of fantasy players around apparently, I should probably try it out one day. On another note, what are the feelings about the Islanders's trades for Boychuk and Leddy? I can easily see them sneaking into the playoffs if things go well. It is the East after all......

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Lots of fantasy players around apparently, I should probably try it out one day. On another note, what are the feelings about the Islanders's trades for Boychuk and Leddy? I can easily see them sneaking into the playoffs if things go well. It is the East after all......
They both add some tenacity that the Isles really need on the blue-line but the trade from Boston's end was just stupid, Chicago's trade was pretty fair.

They both add some tenacity that the Isles really need on the blue-line but the trade from Boston's end was just stupid, Chicago's trade was pretty fair.
Was it stupid? I guess so. Keep in mind though that Boychuk probably wouldn't resign with Boston after this year b/c of their cap situation. Better to get something rather than nothing. I'm surprised that Garth in all his wisdom and being the best GM to ever grace the NHL didn't give up more. Maybe these two deals make him look like slightly less of an ass clown after how he handled the Vanek situation last season. But yeah real good for Islanders fans that can now say they have an NHL caliber blue line.

Yea that definitely made me reconfigure where I'd place the isles in the east. Keep in mind that Leddy's defensive capabilities were never really that great, though. His speed and puck moving abilities make him their go-to PP quarterback, I hope he finally gets his shot at being a #1 guy if he improves his defensive skill.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
bruins had too many defensemen already, and while boychuk was good, there's not a massive dropdown between him and whoever will get the time instead. Losing a year of boychuck and in the process both freeing up significant cap space and bringing in draft picks is at worst a decent deal to me

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'm thrilled about the leddy & boychuk trades

leddy may have his defensive shortcomings, but he's only 23 and an rfa at the end of the season, so he's likely to be locked up for a little while after this season

they're also shortcomings in the stacked as hell central/western conference, i think he'll look a lot better against weaker competition in the east

disappointed that the isles had to give up pokka though, but he was only our 3rd best defensive prospect & hasn't played at the pro level in north america so who knows exactly how he'll pan out

i really like the boychuk trade & dgaf about the picks

we landed two legitimate top 4 defense in one day without having to give up very much of our own assets
this offseason we got halak, grabovski, kulemin, johnson and conacher
people were saying if the isles do as well as they look on paper to do, garth snow is gonna win gm of the year
it's crazy how a narrative changes after a few good moves - i've always liked snow even though i thought the vanek trade was terrible

with hamonic/de haan/boychuk/leddy/hickey/visnovsky this team has nhl caliber defense and halak/johnson is a million times better than nabokov/poulin/nilsson in goal, and our forward depth is pretty spectacular

i'm incredibly excited for this season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)