The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fate/Stay Night looks so unbelievably good. I'm utterly amazed by how crisp the animation looks, especially because you can see a clear rise in quality from even Fate/Zero (which still looks better than 98% of everything else even after 3 years).
Also the direction for this episode was spot on, those 40 minues went by way too fast.
I just can't contain my hype for this, its impossible.

backing up everything else people have been saying, this is amazing
already got a score of 8.97 on mal, ranked #11 holy shit
http://myanimelist.net/anime/22297/Fate/stay_night:_Unlimited_Blade_Works_(TV)

edit: also one of my friends is saying i need to watch fate/zero before this to get the full experience. would you guys agree with this? i think its just its own standalone thing but idk, need some other opinions on this
edit2: nah my friend is just dumb, thats what the prologue is for - to set up the world/characters for people who havent seen previous installations (correct me if im wrong pls)

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fate/Zero was a prequel, ideally you wouldn't see it at all unless you've read the VN (which UBW is based off of).

I generally agree with vonFiedler about anything Fate related.
In this case though there is also the possiblity to watch Fate/Zero first and then watch the UBW TV adaptation. I say that because UBW is suprisingly spoilerfree in regards to Fate/Zero and vice versa. Also both can easily be watched as standalones. While you might get a different experience from Fate/Zero than someone who already played the F/SN visual novel, it is still a very good experience.
If we're talking about the ideal way to get into the series, that would include fully playing through a 50+ hours long (it took me 96 hours, I regret nothing but it's still very time consuming) visual novel before even starting with any anime adaptation, and not everyone has this much time to spare.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I don't think you need to watch Fate Zero.
It was originally fannon, not cannon.
Although Zero was really amazing, it was just not made as a starting point.

Also, Fate Stay Night is way more easy to understand if you lack background knowledge.

grisaia tries channeling bakemongatari really, really hard and it is really, really funny

EDIT: and bahamut is awesome

Last edited:
marathoned through the last 6 episodes of log horizon today and started season 2, already off to a good start

i plan to watch f/sn and bahamut at some point, what else is worth watching this season?

world trigger is fucking terrible never watch it unless you happen to be an extreme masochist
it tries so hard to be so many things and it does horribly at all of them

especially after coming off of the outstanding f/sn, that was just atrocious in every way.

Also the budget is clearly minimal, the amount of still shots and moments of terrible animation was just embarrassing and, honestly, cringe-worthy.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
well I normally don't like to watch stuff weekly since I just prefer to binge watch a whole season after it just ends but i guess im on that F/SN hype train with everyone

watching Fate/Zero first would probably be the best way to experience the series but either way is fine

(also, it's 100% canon, it was approved by the author of F/SN when first written and they changed the later releases of the F/SN VN to align with the events of F/Z better, the new anime was billed as "a sequel to Fate/Zero" too)

in other Fall anime news, Yuuji was pretty good but his best line was definitely the stripper one and I'm not sure what to think of Cross Ange after the fisting scene

UBW is a route which can stand on its own pretty well considering Heaven's Feel cannot and while Fate could its plot is a bit too bland.
Fishin, I'm fairly certain this F/SN adaptation was planned as a standalone which shouldn't need to be viewed as a sequel.

I think after watching Fate/Stay Night, everything else that is not at least made my MAPPA will look like utter crap.
I watched the first episode of Cross Ange yesterday, which imo is a fairly good looking show even by Sunrise standards.
But coming fresh out of that first episode of F/SN, there was just nothing left in that show for me to find engaging. And that is ignoring the fact that it's just Code Geass rehashed for the sixty-third time.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
world trigger is fucking dreadful which means ill keep watching it because im a sadist
ushinawujhwjhewjhlongname i dropped 1 episode in, i mean it looked promising but it also had glasslip vibes so im not trusting it fuck you glasslip you ruined everything
i dropped terra formars too because lol censorship
grisaia is pretty good, not a big fan of how they ended the ep but they had to sucker in viewers somehow i guess
WIXOSS IS BACK BABY im probably the only man in the world excited for this but im so ready for more angsty yugioh
fsn is gorgeous and perfect and fuck man
wolf girl and black prince i can see being the sleeper hit this season because the first episode was fucking ridiculous and im a sucker for dumb shoujo

that is all ive seen so far i still have like 8 more shows 2 watch zzz

what exactly is the difference plotwise between 2006 F/SN and the one that's coming out now? do I need to watch the 2006 series to have any understanding of this one, or can I just jump right in?

RODAN

Banned deucer.
2006 fsn is awful, it was a really shitty adaptation. also they adapted the fate route which focuses on saber while the current one is unlimited blade works which focuses on archer/rin instead

also the 2006 one was made by notorious shitters DEEN

got it, thanks
other users have told me that it isn't necessary to watch fate/zero before F/SN so i'll probably just jump straight in (after I finish steins gate)

in other news, naruto only has 5 chapters left and is the first of the "big three" (bleach / naruto / one piece) to end

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gugure kokkuri san was alright, not much happened (and not much will). The gimmick is a bit boring I am a doll thing but if there are some strong chars it could be good.

Not sure where sao2 is gonna go for season 2

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
atm all I can say is I'm happy to be back in the database database living in the database database whoa oh whooooooooaaaaaaah

what exactly is the difference plotwise between 2006 F/SN and the one that's coming out now? do I need to watch the 2006 series to have any understanding of this one, or can I just jump right in?
You can jump straight into this F/SN without any prior exposure to the Fate franchise.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
im not sure how i feel about sora no method
cute grils, kinda interesting plot about aliens n giant floating things in the sky, and a neat anohana feel

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
wow have you not seen ano natsu or onegai sensei nerd why does grills+aliens give you an anohana feel plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)