Forme Freaks - Get Your Rotom On - UU and above open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In retrospect, I wish that I had done Torkoal a bit differently. I should have focused more on Sp. Attack for one thing, maybe even lowering attack in favor of boosting speed to the point it could actually outspeed things after a Shell Smash. I also wish I had spent more time on the types, since most of them are terrible. I would have replaced Fossilized and Smog with Fire/Dragon and Fire/Grass forms, which lack the x2 weaknesses, and both are generally better defensive and offensive types.

I agree with Ghoul King on Qwilfish, Sawk, and Throh. Not much more to say about them until the illegalities get fixed.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Qwilfish was rushed AF, any changes can be done. I will also try to add flavour text as much as I can. Also...

Qwilfish: Illegal entry straight-up, I don't see why The Eevee General posted it as-is. The rule is you can change the secondary typing but must keep the primary typing unless you are single-typed in which case you can replace it outright.
  • The formes must keep at least one type from the original if they have two normally. Single-typed Pokemon can either change its primary typing completely or add a new secondary type.
ok there, fren. If you want it to be kept as water, that's fine. I wanted to try and focus on specific spikes, and posion spikes alike. I wasn't breaking any rules, to my own knowledge.

Also, in the terms of Flying press, Ghoul King
Both Fighting-type and Flying-type simultaneously.
So again, it is not breaking a rule, unless TEG states it is. It clearly states that it is both, even though it says just fighting.

Last edited:
Now that I look, I see The Eevee General violated that rule on Carbink, in addition to me not being able to find him saying it's a rule.

... at that point we need to go back over every dual-typed Pokemon and see if anyone wants to rework them. Articuno doesn't have to be Ice/type if that isn't a rule. I know I'm not the only one who thought this was a rule, and I'm sure people would appreciate a chance to go back and fix their entries if this isn't a rule. Ice is such an awful type.

But first The Eevee General needs to clarify either way.

So again, it is not breaking a rule, unless TEG states it is. It clearly states that it is both, even though it says just fighting.
Flying types don't get STAB, Fighting types do. It counts as Fighting for every purpose except one: damage calculation. It's a Fighting move, full stop, however appropriate it might be for a Fighting type adding Flying to gain Flying Press.

EV

Banned deucer.
Here's my rulings thus:
  • The "must at least keep one type as the original" rule was in fact added in retrospect. Originally it was "must keep primary typing", so Ghoul King is half right. I guess I didn't announce that when I changed it. Feel free to edit any submissions with this in mind.
  • Flying Press is a Fighting move technically. I would prefer not to make exceptions, so either give Sawk/Throh Acrobatics (similar enough?), a new Flying move (Aerial Ace??), or a new typing.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Here's my rulings thus:
  • The "must at least keep one type as the original" rule was in fact added in retrospect. Originally it was "must keep primary typing", so Ghoul King is half right. I guess I didn't announce that when I changed it. Feel free to edit any submissions with this in mind.
  • Flying Press is a Fighting move technically. I would prefer not to make exceptions, so either give Sawk/Throh Acrobatics (similar enough?), a new Flying move (Aerial Ace??), or a new typing.
Changed to Acrobatics.

Pokemon people can go back and change now: Articuno, Solrock, Lunatone, Durant, Chatot, Sigilyph, Emolga, Cobalion, Delibird (ABANDON ICE), Spiritomb, Relicanth, Tropius, Moltres, Corsola, Farfetch'd, Virizion, Stunfisk, and Meloetta can all be altered. Plus some stuff The Eevee General worked on, but I presume he'd have done that if he was going to. I'd tag all you folks except it would be entirely too much work. If you worked on one of these Pokemon and wanted to give it a different typing (looking at Articuno here), do so!

New Qwilfish commentary: I still don't care for Poison Point, even with the flavor aspect (Honestly some of these Formes make a lot more sense to Intimidate to me -"wires" calls to mind barbed wire sparking electricity), and still think Parabolic Charge should be something Physical or Status instead. I would also like to add I'm not clear how "Bolts" is supposed to justify Gear Grind.

... honestly, even with it now being legal I think I'd rather see it keep its Water typing. If it's various types of sharp things sticking out of its body but is still a fish-critter, it would make more sense flavor-wise to me for it to lose its Poison typing (Because it isn't jabbing you with poisoned needles, but rather electrified ones) and keep its Water typing. (Because it's still a fish)

Overall I do like it, though.

Reactions: EV
OK screw it tagging and double posting time, because people don't seem to read threads fully but do seem to pay attention when they're tagged.

The Reptile, you can run Lunatone as type/Psychic if you want. Maybe help distinguish it from Solrock.

Kit Kasai, you can run Solrock as type/Psychic too, though I think it's fine as is.

TheBurgerKing99, I imagine you're fine with Durant as is, but it can always be type/Steel instead if you like.

Mczatar, you can switch Chatot to always being a bird if you like, though to be fair STAB Boomburst is one of Chatot's main draws.

ladt2000, you can make Sigilyph a type/Flying if you care more about its birdiness than its weirdness.

Togie, you can make Emolga... er... well, always Flying.

birdcrest PLEASE I BEG OF YOU MAKE ARTICUNO ALWAYS A BIRD PLEASE Also I guess there's Relicanth, but I'm not clear how that whole thing with you and Lennon1398 is supposed to work.

Throbulator36, you can make Cobalion always Steel typed!

CrazyGuy108, you can make bird santa always a bird rather than always a santa!

warriorman222, Meloetta and Spiritomb don't have to be locked to Normal/type and Ghost/type if you don't want them to.

MegaGallade, you can make Tropius always a flying whatsit rather than always a plant whatsit. Admittedly, that would be really weird given Tropius' Abilities...

simsims2800, you can make Moltres always a bird! I dunno if you care, but I would like to note that Sky Attack, which is sort of a signature move of Moltres, is called "God Bird" in the Japanese.

Mantodea, Corsola is free to choose between its Water heritage or its Rocky heritage of ancient coralness!

Molk, Farfetch'd can always be a bird! But I'm pretty sure you're happy with it as-is.

zezleijon, Virizion can always be Grass-typ -OK who am I kidding.

Flying Types Rule!, Stunfisk... eeehh... well, if you wanna change its typing, you can do that.

NixHex, Dedenne can embrace its Fairy heritage! Which is admittedly an awful fit to its movepool, but know that this suboptimal choice is available to you now!

Now
I'll assume if people don't respond that they just don't feel like making such changes.

Also here's a question The Eevee General: Do all the variations need to have a type in common, or do they just need to all share a type with the original? You didn't object to my Regirock entry, where one of its variants was a replacement instead of an addition, but that doesn't necessarily clarify if, for instance, Lunatone could have some Formes Rock/type and others Psychic/type or not. This is relevant both because people may or may not be going back and changing things but also because it matters for the future creations.

EV

Banned deucer.
OK screw it tagging and double posting time, because people don't seem to read threads fully but do seem to pay attention when they're tagged.

The Reptile, you can run Lunatone as type/Psychic if you want. Maybe help distinguish it from Solrock.

Kit Kasai, you can run Solrock as type/Psychic too, though I think it's fine as is.

TheBurgerKing99, I imagine you're fine with Durant as is, but it can always be type/Steel instead if you like.

Mczatar, you can switch Chatot to always being a bird if you like, though to be fair STAB Boomburst is one of Chatot's main draws.

ladt2000, you can make Sigilyph a type/Flying if you care more about its birdiness than its weirdness.

Togie, you can make Emolga... er... well, always Flying.

birdcrest PLEASE I BEG OF YOU MAKE ARTICUNO ALWAYS A BIRD PLEASE Also I guess there's Relicanth, but I'm not clear how that whole thing with you and Lennon1398 is supposed to work.

Throbulator36, you can make Cobalion always Steel typed!

CrazyGuy108, you can make bird santa always a bird rather than always a santa!

warriorman222, Meloetta and Spiritomb don't have to be locked to Normal/type and Ghost/type if you don't want them to.

MegaGallade, you can make Tropius always a flying whatsit rather than always a plant whatsit. Admittedly, that would be really weird given Tropius' Abilities...

simsims2800, you can make Moltres always a bird! I dunno if you care, but I would like to note that Sky Attack, which is sort of a signature move of Moltres, is called "God Bird" in the Japanese.

Mantodea, Corsola is free to choose between its Water heritage or its Rocky heritage of ancient coralness!

Molk, Farfetch'd can always be a bird! But I'm pretty sure you're happy with it as-is.

zezleijon, Virizion can always be Grass-typ -OK who am I kidding.

Flying Types Rule!, Stunfisk... eeehh... well, if you wanna change its typing, you can do that.

NixHex, Dedenne can embrace its Fairy heritage! Which is admittedly an awful fit to its movepool, but know that this suboptimal choice is available to you now!

Now
I'll assume if people don't respond that they just don't feel like making such changes.

Also here's a question The Eevee General: Do all the variations need to have a type in common, or do they just need to all share a type with the original? You didn't object to my Regirock entry, where one of its variants was a replacement instead of an addition, but that doesn't necessarily clarify if, for instance, Lunatone could have some Formes Rock/type and others Psychic/type or not. This is relevant both because people may or may not be going back and changing things but also because it matters for the future creations.
All I ask is you keep at least one of the types from the original the same for all formes. So no Articuno Ice/Electric and Flying/Rock together. Either pick Ice or Flying and run with it.

I'm fine with Spiritomb the way it is, and Meloetta isn't Normal/???. THat would suck. it's ???/Psychic.

Also Spinda and Unown were ideas slapped together for not much of a reason. Is Spinda justifiable with mutations, and Unown with more numbers?

EV

Banned deucer.
**ATTENTION**

Due to the current speed of the project, I'm going to open up submissions for the remaining single-stage Pokemon tiered ~UU and above. Yes that includes Ubers. Some things to note:
  • Deoxys is off-limits.
  • Arceus is off-limits.
  • The Therian Genie formes are off-limits. The Incarnate formes are available.
  • Shaymin-Sky is off-limits. Regular Shaymin is available.
  • The Kyurem formes are off-limits. Regular Kyurem is available.
  • Only 1 Giratina forme is eligible. The first person to claim either Origin or Altered can use it as a base. After that, the counterpart is locked.

Please follow the other rules found in the OP.
  • Each forme must change with the same stat allocation. Notice how each Rotom forme gains in 4 stats and loses in 1 equally. HP cannot be changed. You get 80 base stats to work with, but keep in mind the 1 stat that loses can only lose 5 base stats.
  • The formes must keep at least one type from the original if they have two normally. Single-typed Pokemon can either change its primary typing completely or add a new secondary type.
  • You must choose only 1 ability from the original Pokemon and use it for all formes.
  • Finally, you can give 1 new attack that matches the new type that the Pokemon couldn't learn previously.
Also kept in OP
  • Absol
  • Aerodactyl
  • Azelf
  • Celebi
  • Darkrai
  • Dialga
  • Diancie
  • Entei
  • Genesect
  • Giratina (Origin or Altered)
  • Groudon
  • Hawlucha
  • Heatran
  • Heracross
  • Ho-oh
  • Hoopa
  • Jirachi
  • Keldeo
  • Klefki
  • Kyogre
  • Kyurem
  • Landorus
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Lugia
  • Manaphy
  • Mawile
  • Mew
  • Mewtwo
  • Palkia
  • Pinsir
  • Raikou
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Sableye
  • Shaymin
  • Shuckle
  • Skarmory
  • Smeargle
  • Suicune
  • Terrakion
  • Thundurus
  • Tornadus
  • Victini
  • Volcanion
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zapdos
  • Zekrom
  • Zygarde

Please only submit one at a time! There are not that many single evolution Pokemon, so this project shouldn't take long. However, I don't want just a few users to monopolize and do them all. Once you've submitted, please wait at least 24 hours to submit again.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Latios. Pardon the crappy name choices.

Latios - Dragon / Psychic (Levitate) - 80 / 90 / 80 / 130 / 110 / 110 (600)

------------------------

Latios-Pyro - Dragon / Fire (Levitate) - 80 / 120 (+30) / 105 (+15) / 150 (+20) / 105 (-5) / 130 (+20) (680) +Flare Blitz

Latios-Grim - Dragon / Dark (Levitate) - 80 / 120 (+30) / 105 (+15) / 150 (+20) / 105 (-5) / 130 (+20) (680) +Dark Pulse

Latios-Terrain - Dragon / Ground (Levitate) - 80 / 120 (+30) / 105 (+15) / 150 (+20) / 105 (-5) / 130 (+20) (680) +Earth Power

Latios-Jet - Dragon / Steel (Levitate) - 80 / 120 (+30) / 105 (+15) / 150 (+20) / 105 (-5) / 130 (+20) (680) +Flash Cannon

Latios-Brawn - Dragon / Fighting (Levitate) - 80 / 120 (+30) / 105 (+15) / 150 (+20) / 105 (-5) / 130 (+20) (680) +Close Combat

Last edited:
Entei! Entei is cool.

Entei: Fire -115/115/85/90/75/100=580 (Pressure, Flashfire)

Variant Formes: 115/125/125/85/100/110=660 (Pressure) (+0/+10/+40/-5/+25/+10)

Entei-Raging Volcano: Fire/Ground
+Earthquake

Entei has taken upon itself the rage of an active volcano!

Entei-Undersea Volcano: Fire/Water
+Aqua Tail

Entei has somehow succeeded in traveling to an underwater volcano, and has learned something within this mountain.

Entei-Sleeping Volcano: Fire/Grass
+Wood Hammer

Entei has traveled to a volcano covered in trees and learned something of symbiosis. It uses this hippy knowledge to murder Water types. And Ground types.

... and Rock types.

Entei-Volcano X:Fire/Fairy
+Play Rough

Entei has traveled to a mountain rumored to be blessed by Xerneas, and learned mystic secrets.

Entei-Living Volcano: Fire/Psychic
+Zen Headbutt

Entei has traveled to an active, but not currently erupting, volcano and taken some of its ancient wisdom into itself.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Reserving Rayquaza.

Rayquaza: Dragon/Flying 105/150/90/150/90/95 (680) Air Lock

Variant Formes: 105/180/100/180/85/110 (760) Air Lock (+0/+30/+10/+30/-5/+15)

Rayquaza learns the different spheres of the planet.

Rayquaza-Biosphere: Dragon/Grass
+Horn Leech

Rayquaza-Cryosphere: Dragon/Ice
+Icicle Crash

Rayquaza-Magnetosphere: Dragon/Electric
+Volt Switch

Rayquaza-Anthroposphere: Dragon/Steel
+Doom Desire

Rayquaza-Noosphere: Dragon/Psychic
+Zen Headbutt

Last edited:
Reserving Celebi
here it is!

Celebi Grass Forest (Normal Form) - Type Psychic/Grass - Stats:100/100/100/100/100/100 - Ability: Serene Grace

1) Celebi Enchanted Forest - Type Psychic/Fairy - Stats:100/95 (-5)/110 (+10)/140 (+40)/115 (+15)/120 (+20) - Gains Moonblast - Ability: Serene Grace

2) Celebi Rain Forest - Type Psychic/Water - Stats:100/95 (-5)/110 (+10)/140 (+40)/115 (+15)/120 (+20) - Gains Scald - Ability: Serene Grace

3) Celebi Snow Forest - Type Psychic/Ice - Stats:100/95 (-5)/110 (+10)/140 (+40)/115 (+15)/120 (+20) - Gains Ice Beam - Ability: Serene Grace

4) Celebi Fossil Forest - Type Psychic/Rock - Stats:100/95 (-5)/110 (+10)/140 (+40)/115 (+15)/120 (+20) - Gains Power Gem - Ability: Serene Grace

5) Celebi Cursed Forest- Type Psychic/Ghost - Stats:100/95 (-5)/110 (+10)/140 (+40)/115 (+15)/120 (+20) - Gains Trick-or-treat - Ability: Serene Grace

Last edited:
Reserving Groudon.

Groudon - Ground (Drought) - 100/150/140/100/90/90 = 670

Lava: Ground / Fire - 100/175/165/110/115/85 = 750 + Sacred Fire
* This one should be obvious enough.

Mecha: Ground / Steel - 100/175/165/110/115/85 = 750 + Gear Grind
* Mechagodzilla - the Pokemon.

Gaia: Ground / Grass - 100/175/165/110/115/85 = 750 + Power Whip
* Living, breathing Earth dinosaur. Has a bunch of trees and other vegetation living on its body. I've given it Power Whip over Wood Hammer because this Groudon is supposed to be a bit more 'gentle' than the others, so Wood Hammer wouldn't be appropriate. Honestly, it wouldn't be incorrect to give it Wood Hammer, it's just Power Whip fits its style a bit more.

Virus: Ground / Poison - 100/175/165/110/115/85 = 750 + Gunk Shot
* This one's based off that fake Groudon in the old Pokemon movie with Jirachi that I saw like almost 10 years ago.

Crystal: Ground / Rock - 100/175/165/110/115/85 = 750 + Diamond Storm
* Encrusted with gems and other precious rocks. This is the only idea I had that could justify giving it Diamond Storm.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
here it is!

Celebi Grass Forest (Normal Form) - Type Psychic/Grass - Stats:100/100/100/100/100/100 - Ability: Serene Grace

1) Celebi Enchanted Forest - Type Psychic/Fairy - Stats:100/95 (-5)/110 (+10)/140 (+40)/110 (+10)/120 (+20) - Gains Moonblast - Ability: Serene Grace

2) Celebi Rain Forest - Type Psychic/Water - Stats:100/95 (-5)/110 (+10)/140 (+40)/110 (+10)/120 (+20) - Gains Scald - Ability: Serene Grace

3) Celebi Snow Forest - Type Psychic/Ice - Stats:100/95 (-5)/110 (+10)/140 (+40)/110 (+10)/120 (+20) - Gains Ice Beam - Ability: Serene Grace

4) Celebi Fossil Forest - Type Psychic/Rock - Stats:100/95 (-5)/110 (+10)/140 (+40)/110 (+10)/120 (+20) - Gains Power Gem - Ability: Serene Grace
You need 1 more forme and your net BST increase is only 75. Remember, you have to make up for the -5 to Attack, so you need to add 5 somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)