The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
those things dont give me an anohana feel the setting fsr does
also none of those had giant floaty things in the sky

What do you guys think would be the best anime to look out for this season(from what you can tell anyways)? I am already watching log horizon 2 and fate/stay night by the way.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
What do you guys think would be the best anime to look out for this season(from what you can tell anyways)? I am already watching log horizon 2 and fate/stay night by the way.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/25159/Inou-Battle_wa_Nichijou-kei_no_Naka_de
http://myanimelist.net/anime/17729/Grisaia_no_Kajitsu
http://myanimelist.net/anime/22535/Kiseijuu:_Sei_no_Kakuritsu
ive only seen the first two so far which were both really well made. and kiseijuu is probably going to be amazing if its even half as good as the manga

Inou Battle was boring

Amagi Brilliant Park shows potential and I could listen to the OP all day

UBW is a route which can stand on its own pretty well considering Heaven's Feel cannot and while Fate could its plot is a bit too bland.
Fishin, I'm fairly certain this F/SN adaptation was planned as a standalone which shouldn't need to be viewed as a sequel.
yeah, wasn't trying to say it was

very, very pleased with how parasyte is turning out. censoring ruined terra formars for me so i'm glad that parasyte does the source material justice

also pleasantly surprised to see how modern the show is - dubstep, smartphones, tablets all in episode 1

probably not going to continue with grisaia (should probably watch the monogatari series first tbh) but i'm starting amagi brilliant park now, wish me luck

Grr. The directing was amateurish, the OP, ED and soundtrack in general isn't fitting, and while the animation had some good peaks it also features really badly drawn faces and a street full of CGI people (what the fuck).

So, like, put competent people behind NGNL but let the actual good show be carried by its source material and bogged down by some weird C-team? Thanks Madhouse, good start. >____> I had a good time anyway but that's because you can tell the script they're adapting is competent for a goddamn change. So salty.

probably not going to continue with grisaia (should probably watch the monogatari series first tbh) but i'm starting amagi brilliant park now, wish me luck
Despite my joke, Grisaia should have 0 to do with Monogatari though whether or not they stole ideas is up in the air. Like the weird decision to have big black horizontal bars because everyone likes fake high definition.

wasn't a big fan of the OP but i do actually like the soundtrack if for nothing else than its novelty - also in general, grisaia doesn't seem like the type of anime i usually watch but that's mainly because i haven't seen a lot of things along a similar vein

If you're at all interested in grisaia (the humor is top notch I promise) and aren't impressed by the adaptation, the VN is coming to steam (albeit with an indefinite timeline).

Blue_Tornado I feel exactly the same about Parasyte. The music was just so unfitting; having a more modern appeal is one thing, but randomly putting dubstep into a horror show where suspense is like the single most important aspect is just way too out there.
It feels like they only spend their budget on relevant things, which could mean that they don't actually have that much money to work with. Why else would Madhouse out of all studios resort to CGI in such a cheap manner.

World Trigger was pretty bad, the comedic timing was off and they devoted like 20-25 seconds just to still shots/zooming out after the alarm went off, it was really awkward. Speaking of awkward, the dialogue and direction in Gundam Reconguista is really...off.

meanwhile Parasyte is looking great and apparently it's going to be a full adaption yeaaaaah

speaking of full adaptions I haven't watched the beginning of Chaika s2 but it's nice that it's getting one too

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok you got me, I don't remember the music.

The animation, pacing, and tone were horrendous compared to the original though.

Kind of like how Attack on Titan is slow as molasses, employs lots of still frames, bad pop music, and in general flat characters. So it's popularity must be due to its gripping story. I'm trying to defend you guys here.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
So yea new season huh :D Here's what i watched so far

Gundam Build Fighters Try - My guilty pleasure of 24 minutes of weekly gundam advertisement and nostalgia with a less serious plot. Also loving how he protagonist has Burning Gundam as his first mech (Yea I'm a sucker for Gundam G)

Log Horizon 2 - Yay it's back ^_^ I like the 1st season's OP but seriously they could have at least changed the song to its second verse or something >_<

Amagi Brilliant Park - Uhh ok so Bonta-kun is here lol. Idk what to think of it yet so i'd probably just give it a few more episodes. Love the OP tho.

Terraformars - Censorshit and the fact that the main series skipped the 1st arc is a letdown :/ I'll probably still watch this till the end since I read and love the manga.

Trinity Seven - Another manga I read regularly, and I'm looking forward to more Arata/Headmaster antics getting animated.

Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de - Dark and Dark lol. This could be the series I'd watch for those times when I have nothing else to watch atm, but otherwise I won't bother with it too much

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai - Looks generic harem anime so far, so I'll probably be dropping this.

Grisaia no Kajitsu - Edgyone is edgy even the MC. So yea I'll watch this for the heck of it for the time being I guess.

Fate Stay Night - lol no contest I'm watching this since this is the adaptation of the route I liked best in the VN. Loved the fight animation as well as the overall feel; too bad, Episode 0 is probably the only episode with Rin's POV and afterwards we get Mr. People-Die-When-They-Get-Killed as the main.

Cross Ange - Uuhh ok we hate the Norma so we should discriminate them and fist their tenders and turn them into soldiers, then give them mechs that could likely slaughter us all if they rebel. Yeah. Dropping this.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis - Another guilty pleasure since I read the manga and the LN. I don't like the pacing so far tho.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Fate Stay Night - lol no contest I'm watching this since this is the adaptation of the route I liked best in the VN. Loved the fight animation as well as the overall feel; too bad, Episode 0 is probably the only episode with Rin's POV and afterwards we get Mr. People-Die-When-They-Get-Killed as the main.
Your favorite act is the one that focuses 200% on Shirou and you don't want him to be the main character in it? Ok...

and I know you know that quote is out of context

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Your favorite act is the one that focuses 200% on Shirou and you don't want him to be the main character in it? Ok...

and I know you know that quote is out of context
Sigh. You don't get my point at all.

Yeah I don't like Emiya as a character overall, and that I liked UBW the best out of the 3 routes regardless of my opinion towards him. So having an episode giving a different POV is a nice change.

Capiche?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Sigh. You don't get my point at all.

Yeah I don't like Emiya as a character overall, and that I liked UBW the best out of the 3 routes regardless of my opinion towards him. So having an episode giving a different POV is a nice change.

Capiche?
No, I got it the first time, people who treat characters like acquaintances generally don't like Shirou.

Though frankly I didn't think a Ufotable FSN adaptation really needed strict POVs at all, F/Zero bounced around and even Deen could handle the first three days from both POVs.

I'm pretty sure F/Z's LN was written the same way, so they just followed the script Urobuchi gave them.

Not sure why people are still on this whole Shirou hate train, it's getting really old really fast. I personally think that Shirou, in the context of all 3 routes of F/SN and also F/Z, is a really well written character. That might be a different case if you view him separately for each route.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Not sure why people are still on this whole Shirou hate train, it's getting really old really fast.
In today's easy reading fanfiction culture, Shirou has committed the most dire of offenses. He has character flaws.

On the other hand you'd actually have to read between the lines to notice Rin's imperfections, and the fact that nothing bad ever happens to her doesn't damage any frail constitutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)