2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA logic: homesick suso moves from Liverpool to spurs.

speaking of spurs, i felt they were lucky last night to get away with a draw, lloris pretty much kept them in front in the 1st half

I hate everyone equally.

Chelsea is always a match I look forward to, I probably shouldn't, but when you have such a horrific record you kinda get that optimism that this is going to be the glorious time that record is broken. I probably have more fear in the run-up to a match with the bottom team than with Man U or Chelsea or City, partly also because they're usually great matches played at frightening speed.

Mesut Ozil, The Invisible Genius at work again today.

Comfortable is the best work to desCribe the matCH today.

Also i loved how Alan Smith gives Hazard MOTM but Sky want an interview with Fabregas, so overrule Smith and give it to Fabregas instead.

hazard was the best player on the pitCh today.

Big save Dave doing the Business.... when he on on the bench with Jordan Henderson in my fantasy team :(
4th Place is ours, onward and upwards.

Man U fans never cease to amaze. You think because your gk has a worldie that you magically become better than chelsea city arsenal lpool spurs everton? Probably level with Swansea and Southampton though that might be a bit generous. Once everything is settled LVGs way I'm sure you can manage a late push to the Europa League places. 3 points is what matters for Man U of course, but not a particularly encouraging performance against the team who seem to be the weakest of the top 4 rivals...in your own back yard.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Relax tml, his misguided optimism will only make it all the more entertaining for us to watch them miss out on the top four yet again. I'm actually surprised that he hasn't declared them to be title contenders.

Man U fans never cease to amaze. You think because your gk has a worldie that you magically become better than chelsea city arsenal lpool spurs everton? Probably level with Swansea and Southampton though that might be a bit generous. Once everything is settled LVGs way I'm sure you can manage a late push to the Europa League places. 3 points is what matters for Man U of course, but not a particularly encouraging performance against the team who seem to be the weakest of the top 4 rivals...in your own back yard.
Let's not shove words into the fandom of ManU prematurely, I'm sure most of us are just breathing a sigh of relief (and a few table flip overs) that the mess that was last year and arguably this years season beginning is some what over. For now a realistic goal would be clinging on to a Champions league spot, if not than Europa.

HBK

Apparently, Wenger will not face any action for shoving Mourinho. Of course. If the roles were reversed, Mourinho would've been banned and/or slapped with a hefty fine.

mourinho has a bit of a history wengers been relatively clean in comparison. Phalanx, best tram you played were Everton. We've played city, arsenal have played Chelsea and city and spurs have played us. It seems no one wants 4th this year, not even arsene ;)

Ozil out for 3 months, the Arsenal injury curse is just unreal. There has got to be something fundamentally wrong with how Wenger is training his players. I can't remember the last Arsenal player who had an extended run in the team for more than one season. Maybe Sagna and Song, that's about it... On the bright side, the insane squad depth this season means Cazorla can play in the middle and Wilshere will get more time there too, or even Sanchez.

HBK

At least we'll be spared of the horror that was Özil being wasted on the wing, for a while.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Townsend now has more goals for england than he has premier league goals and assists for spurs...

lovren could be back before qpr and should be back before Madrid, also, neither of the first to England goals should have counted... Would have loved it if san Marino Scored

more important question is when will Kevin Mirallas (my 2nd fav player) return from his hamstring injury? I'm hoping by the next league game

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Spain still shit. Basically what I expected after Del Bosque didn't leave the team, he has not disappointed. Casillas was at fault again with his terrible positioning (even when he made saves, he was still badly positioned...) and Jordi Alba's defending on the second goal was just terrible.

Casillas has been criticized a lot (and for a good reason), but somehow Jordi Alba has managed to escape all criticism, despite being Spain's worst performer along Casillas of the last 12 months. Yesterday he let his man (Duris) 3 metres of space, and when Duris received the ball, he didn't even try to track him back to recover the ball. He just walked and stared at him as Duris run and crossed to Stoch, who scored without opposition. Not the first time though, in the World Cup his lack of defensive awareness led to a few of the goals Spain received. Ok, he did assist Alcacer on Spain's only goal, but it was literally the only thing he did in all the game, and is still not enough to compensate for his nonexistent defending in every game.

Yet for some reason he never receives criticism. Bernat and Azpilicueta are way better at the moment but they don't even get a chance. Even Gayá should be pushing for the LB spot considering his current form for Valencia (admittedly he's still 19 and inexperienced but he's already a better defender).

Of course, it's also Del Bosque's fault for both letting him play and for making a stupid switch (why would you sub Cazorla for the RB (Juanfran) if you're going to task him with defensive duties?? Just sub in another fullback like Carvajal you moron), but still, it was pretty glaring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)