Megas For All V2 (Induction Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Tail Glow Lumineon.

Type: Fire/Rock -> Fire/Rock
Abilities: Magma Armor, Flame Body (Weak Armor) -> Mud Breaker (halves ground and water damage to all mons in play. This includes spikes.)
New Moves: Clear Smog, Power Gem

HP: 50 -> 50
Atk: 50 -> 60 (+10)
Def: 120 -> 145 (+25)
SpA: 80 -> 130 (+50)
SpD: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Spe: 30 -> 5 (-25)
BST: 410 -> 510

Concept: Removing 2 quad weaknesses is huge... but it comes at a price. Coverage is lost! Earth Power is no longer an option with it being virtually half power! Fire/Rock dual STAB is nice, but has problems against things like Rhyperior and Garchomp. All you can do is Clear Smog them if they set up on you... or burn them. 50/105/120 is respectable defenses, but beware the slowness, which is slower than ANYTHING except Shuckle... and Munchlax but seriously, dude... Munchlax?! You are so slow that without trick room, you're nearly setup bait. You have 4MSS out the ass with Smash, 2 STABs, Clear Smog, WoW, Stealth Rocks and probably most interesting of all: recover)

Type: Water -> Water/Fairy
Abilities: Swift Swim (Hydration) -> Inner Magic (Doubles SpAtk)
New Moves: Moon Blast, Draining Kiss, Quiver Dance

HP: 43 -> 43
Atk: 30 -> 30
Def: 55 -> 95 (+40)
SpA: 40 -> 75 (+35)
SpD: 65 -> 80 (+15)
Spe: 97 -> 107 (+10)
BST: 330 -> 430

Concept: With a durability of 43/95/80, you're going to die... a lot! Luvdisc needs a little team support, but if you can get started on your QD undisturbed, you'll do well, but if you don't... well, I hope you like the taste of pain. Even still, it's only 75 SpAtk +1 doubled, which doesn't sound weak, but even still...

+1 252+ SpA Luvdisc Ice Beam vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 96-114 (26.7 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Just double that number... and that is SAD! If you can only barely 2HKO Venusaur... who OHKOs you in turn. Actually, even with a crit, Venusaur will survive to assuredly kill you with either STAB. Did I mention that the defenses suck?!

Lunatone
Type: Rock/Psychic --> Rock/Fairy
Ability: Levitate --> Solid Rock
Stats: 70/55/65/95/85/70 --> 70/55/95(+30)/125(+30)/95(+10)/100(+30)
New Moves: +Power Gem +Moonlight +Surf

Solrock
Type: Rock/Psychic --> Rock/Electric
Ability: Levitate --> Drought
Stats: 70/95/85/55/65/70 --> 70/115(+20)/115(+30)/115(+60)/85(+20)/40(-30)
New Moves: +Wild Charge +Volt Switch +Power Gem
I know that Electric is really strange for Solrock, but hear me out. Nearly every Drought user so far has been a Fire type. I thought Electric would be the next most fitting type change since it can represent light and Solrock already had Charge Beam for an Electric attack. Solrock also maintains its position as a non-Fire type Rock type with Will-o-Wisp, which is a really cool niche for it. Unfortunately, both Rock/Fire and Rock/Electric leave Mega Solrock with a nasty Ground weakness. Solrock can now provide a slow Volt Switch after setting up Sun and can use Solarbeam, Sun-powered Fire Blast, Earthquake or Will-o-Wisp to harm most Ground type and Electric-immune Pokemon.

Type: Rock/Psychic -> Rock/Fairy
Ability: Levitate -> Scrap Heap (See spreadsheet for description)
New Moves: None

HP: 70 -> 70
Atk: 55 -> 55
Def: 65 -> 105 (+40)
SpA: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpD: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Spe: 70 -> 60 (-10)

Flavor Concept: As a meteorite, Lunatone absorbs metallic substances in space just like it absorbs Steel-type moves.

Competitive Concept: Tank with a neat set of resistances and immunities. Among other things, Mega Lunatone is the perfect Bisharp counter: it takes little damage from a NVE Knock Off with 65 BP and heals itself on Iron Head. It’s basically a Mega Venu with different typing and utility. Moonlight/Moonblast/Earth Power/SR is a pretty neat moveset.
Ability: Levitate -> Drought
New Moves: Rapid Spin, Flare Blitz

Atk: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Def: 85 -> 125 (+40)
SpA: 55 -> 55
SpD: 65 -> 105 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Many of Solrock’s Pokedex entries describe it as “spinning,” so I figured Rapid Spin was a good fit. Drought should be obvious, and Flare Blitz is so it finally gets a physical Fire-type move.

Competitive Concept: A little different from Mega Lunatone, Mega Solrock trades a convenient immunity for Rapid Spin and a pseudo-neutrality to Water. Drought helps by alleviating a weakness and recovering more HP with Morning Sun. Mega Solrock is a fantastic utility ‘mon on almost any team.
Type: Water -> Water
Ability: Swift Swim/Hydration -> Soothing Pulse (See spreadsheet for description)
New Moves: Recover, Parting Shot

Def: 55 -> 90 (+35)
SpA: 40 -> 40
SpD: 65 -> 90 (+35)
Spe: 97 -> 127 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Soothing Pulse because it’s a chill Pokemon, Recover because it’s a chill Pokemon. Parting Shot because the shot is a kiss and it weakens the opponent. Basically, the additions aren’t particularly contradictory.

Competitive Concept: Cleric for offensive teams with a weakness to status. It won’t last long in battle, but with such great speed and solid utility, you won’t need it to take many hits. Just keep it on the move.
Type: Fire/Rock -> Fire
Ability: Magma Armor/Flame Body/Weak Armor -> No Guard
New Moves: Focus Blast

Def: 120 -> 100 (-20)
SpA: 80 -> 120 (+40)
SpD: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Spe: 30 -> 70 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Later, rock shell.

Competitive Concept: Shell Smash sweeper with a pretty cool ability to use in conjunction with Inferno and Focus Blast. There’s not much else I have to say except that its hella weak to priority.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Ability: Swift Swim/Hydration -> Loveability (Upon entering the field or gaining this ability, this Pokemon attracts the foes no matter what it's gender is)
New Moves: Moonblast, Water Spout, Quiver Dance

Atk: 30 -> 30(+0)
Def: 55 -> 55 (+0)
SpA: 40 -> 117 (+77)
SpD: 65 -> 55 (-10)
Spe: 97 -> 130 (+33)

Flavor Concept: Luvdisc is heart shaped, which is closely related to the lovely fairies. Two hearts united by the tip also resembles a butterfly, so it gets Quiver Dance.

Competitive Concept: Luvdisc’s newly acquired ability makes it a perfect candidate for - the strategy that was mostly used with MegaMawile - forcing the opponent to switch out. Water Spout is a deadly 225 BP attack at full HP, paired up with Luvdisc’s amazing speed and a special attack 3 points away from the likes of Arceus, Togekiss and Genesect. Almost NOTHING switches into it. You can also try for a nice Quiver Dance boost. That allows you to safely 2HKO Deoxys-D spamming Recover. Moonblast is a nice STAB, and very useful against Dragons that resist the all-powerful Water Spout.

Type: Fire/Rock -> Fire/Steel

Ability: Magma Armor/Flame Body/Weak Armor -> Scorching Armor (All water moves against this Pokemon fail to work and cause Mist to activate for 5 turns. If Rain is in effect, Mist also activates for 5 turns.)

New Moves: Eruption, Slack Off

Atk: 50 -> 50 (+0)
Def: 120 -> 120 (+0)
SpD: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Spe: 30 -> 60 (+30)

Flavor Concept: “Water is vaporized on contact. If this Pokémon is caught in the rain, the raindrops instantly turn into steam, cloaking the area in a thick fog.” – Sapphire Pokedex.

It gets Eruption because it’s literally magma and Slack Off because it’s a snail. Magma from the Earth’s core is hotter and denser and it’s mostly made of iron, and MegaMagcargo’s magma is an upgrade from Magcargo’s molten rock.

Competitive Concept: With the loss of a 4x weakness that becomes a new immunity, increased bulk and new resistances and immunities, MegaMagcargo can pull off destruction. A bulky setup sweeper or an all-around tank, you choose. Eruption + Slack Off is a reliable offense, especially with Shell Smash aiding it.

If you don't remeber, we already agreed to do this in the balance conversation - check page 4 where it was first mentioned (and you proposed Fire/Steel, not pure Fire), page 5 where I first brought up the pure Fire typing as well as flavor, and page 8 where I put forth the near-final concept, stats, typing, and all. I assumed like with most changes made then, whoever edited the doc had changed it and wouldn't reopen it. However since they did, I decided to reuse the idea that I initially came up with. Think before you accuse, because if anything, you are the one stealing ideas.

For the previous case, I had Strong Jaws Drapion written down since the start. Unless you feel like accusing me of being a mind reader or something. I too have had people steal my ideas as well ass make submissions very close to what I planned to do on multiple occasions, and I accepted that it happened without throwing a fit. I'll let nightsitter say what he thinks on this as a neutral party.
Except that I invented Convection, the always-burn-on-contact ability, and moreover brought it up again in discussion. Moreover, you clearly said Tough Claws in discussion, not Strong Jaw. It's in this very thread.

But yeah, it's adorable that you're trying to say that I, the one who literally came up with the ability that you're using, am taking ideas from you. In the balancing doc we worked out something in collaboration, but that clearly isn't what's happening here now, and it's incredibly shitty of you to use an ability that I came up with and basically make it impossible for me to submit my own ability in my own submission without torpedoing us both.

To avoid future discrepancies of all sorts, I would like everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) to re-read the OP. This especially applies to the various spoiler bars, for they contain information and rules that aren't often followed in this thread.

If you can't afford to give up five minutes of your life to read everything, at least read the ten (!!!) ground rules and the preferred format for submissions. Thank you.

Just keep the Mega Mantine submission, it's essentially mine. That's the problem with what you're doing: I can't do anything, really, but make my own submission that's just like the one you submitted (y'know, the one that I thought of) with maybe a few different stats. It's a pointless gesture and it would just make me look petty. You've put me in a no-win situation.

Which is why I'm so against idea theft. And I'm not putting this in inbox because, well, I think you should be punished for this. You've wronged me in a way that I can't do anything about but complain, but folks like The Eevee General and Mew King and nightsitter can take action against what all the evidence shows is plagiarism.

I really thought better of you. Makes me sad.

I was willing to go along with it and call it your submission because I wanted to avoid an argument. Do you honestly think I'm gaining anything from this? Regardless of who's right, I'm going to apologize, promise that nothing like this will happen again, and do whatever I can to make up for it.

Last edited:
Goddamnit people, since when did we have copyrights on custom abilities?

On topic, because I missed Mega Jirachi:
Mega Lunatone
Type: Rock/Psychic
Ability: Levitate -> Prophecy* (increases the potency of delayed moves by 50% (wish heals for 75% HP, future sight has 180bp.))

Def: 65 -> 65
SpA: 95 -> 155 (+55)
SpD: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Spe: 70 -> 80 (+10)

Mega Solrock
Ability: Levitate -> Prophecy (increases the potency of delayed moves by 50% (wish heals for 75% HP, future sight has 180bp.))
New Moves: Wish

Atk: 95 -> 155 (+55)
Def: 85 -> 105 (+30)
SpD: 65 -> 65

I'll do the concepts together, since they're paired together. Both have a new custom ability prophecy, boosting the power of "future moves", namely wish and future sight. The two pokemon, however, take on completely opposite sides of the ability. Lunatone is a nuke, its future sight hitting slightly harder than choice band Victini's V-create. Solrock uses prophecy to drop wish bombs, despite the base 70hp. Additionally, solrock becomes a very potent stallmon, as when paired with protect, the 75% healing can become pretty ridiculous.

This might sound dumb, but I think it would be cool to give all Pokemon Megas created by the community. I'm talking about making a new MegaScizor, MegaGarchomp, MegaManectric, etc.
Don't worry, that actually sounds great. I really want to make an M-Blastoise X for Game Freak's M-Blastoise Y.

This might sound dumb, but I think it would be cool to give all Pokemon Megas created by the community. I'm talking about making a new MegaScizor, MegaGarchomp, MegaManectric, etc.
IDK, the original intention of this pet mod (I believe) was to continue where GameFreak left off. There've been loads of ideas regarding different metagames that could spawn from these threads, so I doubt they'd all become so boring so quickly that we need to replace already-existence Megas. For reference, here are some of the metagame ideas: MFA, MFA Ubers, MFA UU, MFA up to 6 megas

EDIT: On a different note, I'd like to point out that the discussion phase in no way entitles anyone to "reserve" ideas. Nor should I see any comprehensive summaries of future submissions. The purpose of the phase is to allow constructive "idea-bouncing" and hopefully lead to a better slate of submissions. A good example of this is when someone says "I want to make a Luvdisc with a special Huge Power clone," and someone replies "good idea, but make sure it doesn't get any crazy boosting moves." That exchange does not restrict the idea to only one person, but please be mindful of others' ideas in the submissions phase. One of the most painful discussions to witness was the deliberation following a tie between Amoonguses with the same ability, typing, and 4 stats (the others were 5 points off).

Last edited:
Don't worry, that actually sounds great. I really want to make an M-Blastoise X for Game Freak's M-Blastoise Y.
To follow up/vote for this idea of having an X/Y version for some of the previous megas that were already introduced. I think it's a great idea.

EDIT: M-Lucario with Mega Launcher. We all know he is the most deserving of this ability :p

EDIT: On a different note, I'd like to point out that the discussion phase in no way entitles anyone to "reserve" ideas. Nor should I see any comprehensive summaries of future submissions. The purpose of the phase is to allow constructive "idea-bouncing" and hopefully lead to a better slate of submissions. A good example of this is when someone says "I want to make a Luvdisc with a special Huge Power clone," and someone replies "good idea, but make sure it doesn't get any crazy boosting moves." That exchange does not restrict the idea to only one person, but please be mindful of others' ideas in the submissions phase. One of the most painful discussions to witness was the deliberation following a tie between Amoonguses with the same ability, typing, and 4 stats (the others were 5 points off).
I'm glad this is being addressed too. There have been times where I didn't want to "steal/copy" someone's signature ability but I thought the stats and typing could've different or vice versa.

Last edited:
Here's a slate. PM your votes to nightsitter

Ability: Levitate -> Prophecy* (increases the potency of delayed moves by 50% (wish heals for 75% HP, future sight has 180bp.))

Def: 65 -> 65
SpA: 95 -> 155 (+55)

Ability: Levitate -> Scrap Heap (See spreadsheet for description)

Def: 65 -> 105 (+40)
SpA: 95 -> 125 (+30)

Flavor Concept: As a meteorite, Lunatone absorbs metallic substances in space just like it absorbs Steel-type moves.

Competitive Concept: Tank with a neat set of resistances and immunities. Among other things, Mega Lunatone is the perfect Bisharp counter: it takes little damage from a NVE Knock Off with 65 BP and heals itself on Iron Head. It’s basically a Mega Venu with different typing and utility. Moonlight/Moonblast/Earth Power/SR is a pretty neat moveset.

Type: Rock/Psychic --> Rock/Fairy
Ability: Levitate --> Solid Rock
Stats: 70/55/65/95/85/70 --> 70/55/95(+30)/125(+30)/95(+10)/100(+30)
New Moves: +Power Gem +Moonlight +Surf

Mega Lunatone
Type: Rock/Psychic -> Rock/Psychic
Abilities: Levitate -> Tidal Pull (auto-Gravity on switch and evolution)
New Moves: Focus Blast, Thunder, Volt Switch

Def: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 95 -> 135 (+40)
BST: 440 -> 540

Mega Lunatone becomes a full moon, setting up Gravity and making it the perfect Mega if you want to build a team around abusing that field condition. Its 99.6% accurate Hypnosis under Gravity makes Compound Eyes Butterfree's look as accurate as Focus Blast (and has no Grass immunities). It's got the special Edgequake coverage and a few low-accuracy moves it can play around with in Gravity, but its main role will be going in and out providing support.

Type: Rock/Psychic -> Rock/Dark
Abilities: Levitate -> Eclipse (The power of Night Time based moves** (ie Dark type, Moonlight, Moonblast) are boosted in power and accuracy by 50% )
New Moves: Dark Pulse, Moonlight, Power Gem

Atk: 55 -> 70 (+15)
Def: 65 -> 90 (+25)
SpD: 85 -> 95 (+10)
Spe: 70 -> 85 (+10)

So my original idea was of introducing a new weather, but i came to my senses and nightsitter confirmed that it was slightly excessive, so instead Lunatone’s new ability simply boosts the power of “night” moves (which will be listed at the bottom). Lunatone now hits really hard and has buffed defenses with a good offensive typing. However, this comes at the price of it being a relatively poor defensive typing. This is offsetted a bit by the addition of moonlight, which now heals 75% of its maximum HP. Lunatone also can use Hypnosis more reliably now with its buffed accuracy of 90%.

**Buffed : All dark type moves, Moonblast, Moonlight, Nightmare, Dream eater, Hypnosis.

Abilities: Levitate -> Levitate
New Moves: Moonlight, Power Gem

Def: 65 -> 95 (+30)

The Fairy type has strong ties to the moon, so it's not too unreasonable. As a specially based Rock type, Lunatone greatly appreciates Power Gem.

Ability: Levitate -> Prophecy (increases the potency of delayed moves by 50% (wish heals for 75% HP, future sight has 180bp.))
New Moves: Wish

Atk: 95 -> 155 (+55)
Def: 85 -> 105 (+30)

Ability: Levitate -> Drought
New Moves: Rapid Spin, Flare Blitz

Atk: 95 -> 125 (+30)
SpD: 65 -> 105 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Many of Solrock’s Pokedex entries describe it as “spinning,” so I figured Rapid Spin was a good fit. Drought should be obvious, and Flare Blitz is so it finally gets a physical Fire-type move.

Competitive Concept: A little different from Mega Lunatone, Mega Solrock trades a convenient immunity for Rapid Spin and a pseudo-neutrality to Water. Drought helps by alleviating a weakness and recovering more HP with Morning Sun. Mega Solrock is a fantastic utility ‘mon on almost any team.

Type: Rock/Psychic --> Rock/Electric
Ability: Levitate --> Drought
Stats: 70/95/85/55/65/70 --> 70/115(+20)/115(+30)/115(+60)/85(+20)/40(-30)
New Moves: +Wild Charge +Volt Switch +Power Gem
I know that Electric is really strange for Solrock, but hear me out. Nearly every Drought user so far has been a Fire type. I thought Electric would be the next most fitting type change since it can represent light and Solrock already had Charge Beam for an Electric attack. Solrock also maintains its position as a non-Fire type Rock type with Will-o-Wisp, which is a really cool niche for it. Unfortunately, both Rock/Fire and Rock/Electric leave Mega Solrock with a nasty Ground weakness. Solrock can now provide a slow Volt Switch after setting up Sun and can use Solarbeam, Sun-powered Fire Blast, Earthquake or Will-o-Wisp to harm most Ground type and Electric-immune Pokemon.

Mega Solrock
Type: Rock/Psychic -> Rock/Fire
Abilities: Levitate -> Drought
New Moves: Flare Blitz, Morning Sun

Atk: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Def: 85 -> 95 (+10)
SpA: 55 -> 70 (+15)
SpD: 65 -> 90 (+25)
Spe: 70 -> 85 (+10)

Solrock, in contrast to Lunatone, brings on the sun and boosts its solar based moves, including newly added Morning Sun and Flare Blitz. His stat boosts also mirror Mega Lunatone’s, allowing him to take hits a bit better and hit a lot harder! Like Lunatone his typing rocks offensively but kind of sucks defensively, balancing out the 75% healing move Solrock now possesses.

New Moves: Morning Sun, Heat Crash (weight increased to 2568.4 lbs / 1165 kg)

SpD: 65 -> 95 (+30)

Levitate was kept to get rid of a nasty 4x weakness to Ground which would otherwise make things hard for a physical wall. Heat Crash was chosen as Flare Blitz would be counterproductive, and weight is increased to deal more reliable damage.

Ability: Swift Swim/Hydration -> Loveability (Upon entering the field or gaining this ability, this Pokemon attracts the foes no matter what it's gender is)
New Moves: Moonblast, Water Spout, Quiver Dance

Atk: 30 -> 30(+0)
Def: 55 -> 55 (+0)
SpA: 40 -> 117 (+77)
SpD: 65 -> 55 (-10)
Spe: 97 -> 130 (+33)

Flavor Concept: Luvdisc is heart shaped, which is closely related to the lovely fairies. Two hearts united by the tip also resembles a butterfly, so it gets Quiver Dance.

Competitive Concept: Luvdisc’s newly acquired ability makes it a perfect candidate for - the strategy that was mostly used with MegaMawile - forcing the opponent to switch out. Water Spout is a deadly 225 BP attack at full HP, paired up with Luvdisc’s amazing speed and a special attack 3 points away from the likes of Arceus, Togekiss and Genesect. Almost NOTHING switches into it. You can also try for a nice Quiver Dance boost. That allows you to safely 2HKO Deoxys-D spamming Recover. Moonblast is a nice STAB, and very useful against Dragons that resist the all-powerful Water Spout.

Ability: Swift Swim/Hydration -> Soothing Pulse (See spreadsheet for description)

Flavor Concept: Soothing Pulse because it’s a chill Pokemon, Recover because it’s a chill Pokemon. Parting Shot because the shot is a kiss and it weakens the opponent. Basically, the additions aren’t particularly contradictory.

Competitive Concept: Cleric for offensive teams with a weakness to status. It won’t last long in battle, but with such great speed and solid utility, you won’t need it to take many hits. Just keep it on the move.

Abilities: Swift Swim (Hydration) -> Inner Magic (Doubles SpAtk)
New Moves: Moon Blast, Draining Kiss, Quiver Dance

Def: 55 -> 95 (+40)
SpA: 40 -> 75 (+35)
SpD: 65 -> 80 (+15)
Spe: 97 -> 107 (+10)

Concept: With a durability of 43/95/80, you're going to die... a lot! Luvdisc needs a little team support, but if you can get started on your QD undisturbed, you'll do well, but if you don't... well, I hope you like the taste of pain. Even still, it's only 75 SpAtk +1 doubled, which doesn't sound weak, but even still...

+1 252+ SpA Luvdisc Ice Beam vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 96-114 (26.7 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Just double that number... and that is SAD! If you can only barely 2HKO Venusaur... who OHKOs you in turn. Actually, even with a crit, Venusaur will survive to assuredly kill you with either STAB. Did I mention that the defenses suck?!

Abilities: Swift Swim/Hydration -> Heart Power (+1 SpA after each turn)
New Moves: Moonblast, Draining Kiss

Atk: 30 -> 10 (-20)
Def: 55 -> 65 (+10)
SpA: 40 -> 100 (+60)
SpD: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Spe: 97 -> 137 (+40)

I'm normally not one to indulge in the "subtract points from an unneeded base stat under 40 to get more free points to use" trick, but I'm willing to make an exception for Luvdisc. Mega Luvdisc's ability synergizes with the need to use Protect to get it out of base form. For best results, use its decent 97 speed to revenge kill something weakened as it Mega Evolves and picks up a Special Attack boost. After that (or even if your opponent switches), you can pick up additional boosts with Protect or Substitute. As Azumarill can attest, Water/Fairy is good offensive coverage; Luvdisc can nail specific threats with Ice Beam or HP Fire, but its movepool begins to get crowded.

Mega Luvdisc can force some interesting mindgames its first turn out. Say it first comes in after a Landorus has KOed something. Landorus is faster the first turn, so the "safe" play would be to Protect and Mega Evolve so you can outspeed and hit with +1 Special Attack on turn 2. This strongly incentivizes your opponent to switch out to a Scarfer/strong priority user/special wall, and correctly predicting that and setting up a Sub or nailing the switch-in with the appropriate attack can be game-breaking. Voila! A Luvdisc that doesn't suck.

Abilities: Swift Swim (Hydration) -> Power of Love (Upon switching in, the opponent becomes infatuated regardless of gender)
New Moves: Thunder Wave, Draining Kiss, Pain Split

Def: 55 -> 65 (+10)
SpA: 40 -> 100 (+60)

Luvdisc is a joke, its mega is a more thematic joke.

Ability: Magma Armor/Flame Body/Weak Armor -> Scorching Armor (All water moves against this Pokemon fail to work and cause Mist to activate for 5 turns. If Rain is in effect, Mist also activates for 5 turns.)

New Moves: Eruption, Slack Off

Def: 120 -> 120 (+0)
Spe: 30 -> 60 (+30)

Flavor Concept: “Water is vaporized on contact. If this Pokémon is caught in the rain, the raindrops instantly turn into steam, cloaking the area in a thick fog.” – Sapphire Pokedex.

It gets Eruption because it’s literally magma and Slack Off because it’s a snail. Magma from the Earth’s core is hotter and denser and it’s mostly made of iron, and MegaMagcargo’s magma is an upgrade from Magcargo’s molten rock.

Competitive Concept: With the loss of a 4x weakness that becomes a new immunity, increased bulk and new resistances and immunities, MegaMagcargo can pull off destruction. A bulky setup sweeper or an all-around tank, you choose. Eruption + Slack Off is a reliable offense, especially with Shell Smash aiding it.

Ability: Magma Armor/Flame Body/Weak Armor -> No Guard
New Moves: Focus Blast

Def: 120 -> 100 (-20)
SpD: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Spe: 30 -> 70 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Later, rock shell.

Competitive Concept: Shell Smash sweeper with a pretty cool ability to use in conjunction with Inferno and Focus Blast. There’s not much else I have to say except that its hella weak to priority.

Type: Fire/Rock -> Fire/Rock
Abilities: Magma Armor, Flame Body (Weak Armor) -> Mud Breaker (halves ground and water damage to all mons in play. This includes spikes.)
New Moves: Clear Smog, Power Gem

Def: 120 -> 145 (+25)
SpD: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Spe: 30 -> 5 (-25)

Concept: Removing 2 quad weaknesses is huge... but it comes at a price. Coverage is lost! Earth Power is no longer an option with it being virtually half power! Fire/Rock dual STAB is nice, but has problems against things like Rhyperior and Garchomp. All you can do is Clear Smog them if they set up on you... or burn them. 50/105/120 is respectable defenses, but beware the slowness, which is slower than ANYTHING except Shuckle... and Munchlax but seriously, dude... Munchlax?! You are so slow that without trick room, you're nearly setup bait. You have 4MSS out the ass with Smash, 2 STABs, Clear Smog, WoW, Stealth Rocks and probably most interesting of all: recover)

Abilities: Magma Armour/Flame Body/Weak Armour -> Mineral Dissolve (See Abilites Page for details)
New Moves: Flash Cannon

Def: 120 -> 140 (+20)
SpD: 80 ->100 (+20)
Spe: 30 -> 50 (+20)

Magcargo’s typing sucks defensively and its slow as … well a snail. So to improve this Magcargo now melts down rock type attacks and stealth rocks, and adds them to its molten body. Magcargo’s rocky shell is now made of solid iron! It is now easier for Magcargo to set up a shell smash as it can switch into rock type attacks with its new found immunity and it is healed by the stealth rocks that once plagued it. It also has improved defenses and speed to enable this.

Abilities: Magma Armor, Flame Body (Weak Armor) -> Bruning Body (if an opponent makes contact, it gets burned)
New Moves: none

Atk: 50 -> 50
Def: 120 -> 170 (+50)
SpA: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Spe: 30 -> 30

Magcargo is now unimaginably bulky on the physical side. Its heat is so intense that its shell burns up, leaving it with an undervalued pure Fire type. The benefits here are no 4x weaknesses, no Fighting weakness, and resistances to Grass and Steel. It still hates Water and special attacks in general, and 50 base HP isn't doing it any favors.

The next slate will feature some Pokemon we haven't whose names probably begin with M, N, O, or P, so feel free to talk about them if you know which ones are next.

Mandibuzz - A special Weak Armor sweeper. It has the Defense to take a hit or two and set up with Nasty Plot. This makes it like Mega Skarmory: an OU viable wall turned sweeper.

Milotic - I thought this one was done. If it were, we could make sure it had 95/70/109/130/155/81 stats to mirror Mega Gyarados' 95/155/109/70/130/81. In terms of Abilities, probably Multiscale or Magic Guard.

No real ideas for Plusle and Minun. Due to the one mega limit, they can't even be made good for doubles which is their gimmick.

Last edited:
Mandibuzz looks like it was already done, unless FireArrow's got removed somehow

Mega Mandibuzz
Type: Dark/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Abilities: Big Pecks, Overcoat (Weak Armor) -> Scavenger*
*Boosts damage by 50% against foes below 50% HP.
Stats:
HP: 110 -> 110
Atk: 65 -> 115
Def: 105 -> 110
SpA: 55 -> 75
SpD: 95 -> 100
Spe: 80 -> 100

I wanted to see a non-setup offensive Mandibuzz, but with those terrible offensive stats, there were only three options: Huge Power, Tough Claws, and +100 attack. All of those were boring and flavorless, or in the case of tough claws, overdistributed. So... I opted for a custom ability. Scavenger has beautiful flavor with the whole vulture motif, along with fitting with many other pokemon if one is interested in recycling it.

Mega Mandibuzz's playstyle is much more engaging now. Since she retains her godly defenses, she still walls all the same stuff, but now with a twist. Once the foe gets worn below half (be it toxic, SR, teammates, etc.), she turns into a nuke. For example:

252+ Atk Scavenger Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey below 50%: 316-373 (44.8 - 52.9%)

Mandibuzz looks like it was already done, unless FireArrow's got removed somehow

Mega Mandibuzz
Type: Dark/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Abilities: Big Pecks, Overcoat (Weak Armor) -> Scavenger*
*Boosts damage by 50% against foes below 50% HP.
Stats:
HP: 110 -> 110
Atk: 65 -> 115
Def: 105 -> 110
SpA: 55 -> 75
SpD: 95 -> 100
Spe: 80 -> 100

I wanted to see a non-setup offensive Mandibuzz, but with those terrible offensive stats, there were only three options: Huge Power, Tough Claws, and +100 attack. All of those were boring and flavorless, or in the case of tough claws, overdistributed. So... I opted for a custom ability. Scavenger has beautiful flavor with the whole vulture motif, along with fitting with many other pokemon if one is interested in recycling it.

Mega Mandibuzz's playstyle is much more engaging now. Since she retains her godly defenses, she still walls all the same stuff, but now with a twist. Once the foe gets worn below half (be it toxic, SR, teammates, etc.), she turns into a nuke. For example:

252+ Atk Scavenger Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey below 50%: 316-373 (44.8 - 52.9%)
Yes it was done, but there's no way that would ever be used on a serious team. It's completely unviable, and I'm not sure how it won anyway. If others disagree, I'll add it to the spreadsheet, but I doubt it would have any real impact on the metagame.

Yes it was done, but there's no way that would ever be used on a serious team. It's completely unviable, and I'm not sure how it won anyway. If others disagree, I'll add it to the spreadsheet, but I doubt it would have any real impact on the metagame.
Idc, do what you guys want. This whole reopening megas that were already slated is extremely stupid though, we're never gonna finish. Originally, reopening was something only done to completely hopeless megas that were submitted before the current system, but do to the changes in leadership (acestriker --> acestriker + council --> council --> Mew King + council --> Now apparently you guys), this project has completely changed (for better or worse.)

My advice, stop reopening everything and finish this metagame, then you can make edits once you see how everything plays out.

Oh look, I've returned after a rather random hiatus. Shit's going down during pre-midterm season!

Seriously, between being a TA for a probability class with 70 people (and the class is having an exam in less than a week) and my own research work I had no time to get back here. On the other hand, my classifier that I developed seemed to have a 0% error rate...compared to the 8% error rate using typical methods. That's...something.

Also, Mega Beedrill and Pidgeot are actually real. Here's your hype for the week

Oh look, I've returned after a rather random hiatus. Shit's going down during pre-midterm season!

Seriously, between being a TA for a probability class with 70 people (and the class is having an exam in less than a week) and my own research work I had no time to get back here. On the other hand, my classifier that I developed seemed to have a 0% error rate...compared to the 8% error rate using typical methods. That's...something.

Also, Mega Beedrill and Pidgeot are actually real. Here's your hype for the week
(HYPE INTENSIFIES)

Winners

Lunatone: GG Unit (Do you think we could instead give it Grounded, and then change the effect of Grounded to that matching Tidal Pull? They're just so similar that I doubt it'll break Gliscor or Zygarde)
Mega Lunatone
Type: Rock/Psychic -> Rock/Psychic
Abilities: Levitate -> Tidal Pull (auto-Gravity on switch and evolution)
New Moves: Focus Blast, Thunder, Volt Switch

Def: 65 -> 85 (+20)

Mega Lunatone becomes a full moon, setting up Gravity and making it the perfect Mega if you want to build a team around abusing that field condition. Its 99.6% accurate Hypnosis under Gravity makes Compound Eyes Butterfree's look as accurate as Focus Blast (and has no Grass immunities). It's got the special Edgequake coverage and a few low-accuracy moves it can play around with in Gravity, but its main role will be going in and out providing support.

Solrock: Mega Mantine
New Moves: Morning Sun, Heat Crash (weight increased to 2568.4 lbs / 1165 kg)

SpD: 65 -> 95 (+30)

Levitate was kept to get rid of a nasty 4x weakness to Ground which would otherwise make things hard for a physical wall. Heat Crash was chosen as Flare Blitz would be counterproductive, and weight is increased to deal more reliable damage.

Luvdisc: nightsitter

Magcargo: Sabreholo
Abilities: Magma Armour/Flame Body/Weak Armour -> Mineral Dissolve (See Abilites Page for details)
New Moves: Flash Cannon

Def: 120 -> 140 (+20)
SpD: 80 ->100 (+20)
Spe: 30 -> 50 (+20)

Magcargo’s typing sucks defensively and its slow as … well a snail. So to improve this Magcargo now melts down rock type attacks and stealth rocks, and adds them to its molten body. Magcargo’s rocky shell is now made of solid iron! It is now easier for Magcargo to set up a shell smash as it can switch into rock type attacks with its new found immunity and it is healed by the stealth rocks that once plagued it. It also has improved defenses and speed to enable this.

This opens the submission phase for MILOTIC, MINUN, PLUSLE, AND RAICHU. Thanks to feedback from GG Unit and FireArrow, we will be including Mandibuzz and opening the metagame as soon as the code is finished. We will then go over underwhelming and overwhelming megas AFTER people have played it. Also, RIP MFA megas for Beedrill and Pidgeot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)