Sinnoh Cup Wild Cards Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the bottom of the page to see what's new.
THE SINNOH (II) CUP

Finally, the wild cards round can start. I'm not as pleased as I'd have liked about the activity but sadly, it seems that is a recurring problem for many tournaments. Anyway, I know you are all looking forward to find out who are the talented skilled players qualified after 5 rounds of intense fighting (or activity). So here's the list:

Diamond League

Infernape division
- boudouche - Leader
- Conflict - Wild Card

Weavile division
- H-C - Leader
- Heist - Wild Card

Kingdra division
- Sweep - Leader
- Honor - Wild Card

PEARL LEAGUE

Empoleon division
- McMeghan - Leader
- pokebasket - Wild Card

Flygon division
- Alf' - Leader
- Stone_Cold - Wild card

Lucario division
- Zebraiken - Leader
- Cristal - Wild card

Battle Rules:
You may use either Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown to do your matches.

• TIMED BATTLE CLAUSE REQUIRED! PM me if your opponent times out, and you will get the win. DO NOT allow your opponents to play after they time out.
  • Species Clause. A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • In the OU environment, you are not allowed to use Pokémon classified as Uber.
  • All tiers are based on Smogon Tiers. The current status of the appropriate standard ladder will function as the prevailing tier list. If you have any question about whether a particular Pokemon is banned or not in any particular tier, reference the "ban list" of the appropriate ladder available on the Pokemon Online server. This is not confusing. There will be no exceptions.
  • Sleep Clause. A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause. A player cannot increase their pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause. Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Self-KO Clause. Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie. If a move that has recoil damage causes a tie, the user of the move is the winner.
  • Soul Dew Clause. The item Soul Dew is banned in the OU environment.

Here's the rules for this round:
Division Wild Cards will be separated into two pools by their league. Each pool will play in a similar format to what they have been following all season with one change- matchups between players will consist of THREE MATCHES TOTAL. Do NOT read this as "best of 3." This means each player should be playing 6 games total this round. The player from each pool with the best record in this round will move on to the playoffs. Ties will be broken by total points earned during the season.

Now that rules are known for everyone, the wild card round can officially start. They're all confirmed and talented players, wish them neutral luck and have fun guys :)

Diamond League wild card pool

Heist vs Conflict
Heist(0) vs Honor(3)
Honor(3)vs Conflict(0)

Honor: 6 points
Heist: 3 points
Conflict: 0 point

Pearl League wild card pool

Cristal(1) vs pokebasket(2)
Cristal(1) vs Stone_Cold(2)
pokebasket(1) vs Stone_Cold(2)

Stone_Cold: 4 points
Pokebasket: 3 points
Cristal: 2 points

Platinum Challenge:

Heist vs During summer
Cristal vs Hangover AW

A quick word about the two winners of john league: Hangover and During Summer: You guys have until Friday to challenge one of the wildcard player (post who you are going to chall in this thread) and to do your matches in Bo3. You can't challenge them if they played at least one game of their pool.

Wild Card Round Deadline: Monday, October 13 @ 11:59pm GMT +2. Unless I decide otherwise, there will be no extensions this round. Here is the link of the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EdnLVwg5Jua0rvoJN61imsnII/edit#gid=1966457640

I'll post some stats later...maybe o_o[/USER]

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Sub me in if johns be johning, please. Damn Somalia and his perpetual losing causing me a Playoffs spot.

Sub me in if johns be johning, please. Damn Somalia and his perpetual losing causing me a Playoffs spot.
Shouldn't the #3 of the pool get subbed in? In case of inactivity. Obv still works for you if Mcmeghan / pokebasket johns, but if any other johns doesn't sound fair.

also how did pokebasket get in this round with only 10 points..

edit: also i am kinda disappointed im out on an activity win also...

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
played pokebasket, went up 2 games to 1. (i dun like this 3 game thing since i only have 2 teams hue)

Shouldn't the #3 of the pool get subbed in? In case of inactivity. Obv still works for you if Mcmeghan / pokebasket johns, but if any other johns doesn't sound fair.

also how did pokebasket get in this round with only 10 points..

edit: also i am kinda disappointed im out on an activity win also...
You're right about the sub thing. Pokebasket advanced because of Steven Snype's inactivity, that's all. And you're not out because of an AW if you refer to Cristal vs Conflict. It wouldn't have changed anything for you. Activity is more a problem for this kind of tournament than for any other else like simple or double elimination and a lot of players were penalized because of this. That's why I tried to extend as much as possible deadlines but I can't extend them ad vitam aeternam or force people to play unfortunately.
Honor for instance is second of his pool just because of sweep's activity on high impulse (I don't say Sweep wouldn't have won, don't misunderstanding o_o). So you see, you're not the only one.

Confirming, won 1 game and lost 2 games against Stone Cold. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything in the first two games, because I was so unlucky. Anyway, this happens, and I had an important crit in 3rd game.

GGs man ;)

I'm playing Cristal on the weekend

You're right about the sub thing. Pokebasket advanced because of Steven Snype's inactivity, that's all. And you're not out because of an AW if you refer to Cristal vs Conflict. It wouldn't have changed anything for you. Activity is more a problem for this kind of tournament than for any other else like simple or double elimination and a lot of players were penalized because of this. That's why I tried to extend as much as possible deadlines but I can't extend them ad vitam aeternam or force people to play unfortunately.
Honor for instance is second of his pool just because of sweep's activity on high impulse (I don't say Sweep wouldn't have won, don't misunderstanding o_o). So you see, you're not the only one.
Oh don't get me wrong I'm not saying it was a wrong decision by you, just sucks for me. I got eliminated by a combination of slight hax against me, big choke also by me, and activity win when i thought i pretty much was already qualified. haha

Won 3 games vs Conflict, gg

sry for the freeze and the miss :x

Alf' me and Heist have some problems to make our game since of the 11 hours gmt difference :x i fear that we'll not be able to play 'till weekend

Honor I understand that playing with this timezone's difference during the week is near from impossible. Extension granted but try to play asap from the w-e.

Same goes for you Conflict.

So now that I "got the win" vs hangover, I can tell that I've played against pokebasket and won 1 game, lost 2.

Stone cold and I agreed to play yesterday but he was not sure and he didn't come. I'll try to be on smogtours as much as possible in the 4/5 next hours and hope that stone cold will show up. We're both very busy this week but we'll try our best

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I defeated Cristal in game 1, then he forfeited the remaining 2 games.

Cristal: no need to play the rest
★Cristal: I needed to win 3-0
★Cristal: bye

GG Dood

... Cristal man, with 2 wins we would tie, and your decision of not playing harms me

I hope you understand this and pls, try to play and win, because in that case, we would tie and we should repeat the battles

Last edited:
... Cristal man, with 2 wins we would tie, and your decision of not playing harms me

I hope you understand this and pls, try to play and win, because in that case, we would tie and we should repeat the battles
Nope "Ties will be broken by total points earned during the season". And Stone_Cold has more points than any of you.

Ah, sorry, didn't read that. So that's a pity because my loses against Stone Cold were due to hax, but that's this game

GGs and good luck

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
I can't stand when ppl say "I only lost to ___ due to hax", especially when there's no guarantee you would have won anyway. All hax did was make the game more in my favor. Unlike game 3, where I could say, I only lost that game to you due to hax in which you crit the mon that would sweep you clean :) Hax is part of mons, accept it, don't let it bug u. nbd etc

With that said, I took a clean game off cristal and he beat me in game 3. So I would advance regardless.

^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)