ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Or they could pull the biggest fanservice in-joke ever and give Pidgeot Judgment. (just kidding)

I think Boomburst is a possibility, since Taillow somehow learns it, and Pidgeot's ability to break the sound barrier is mentioned in several Dex entries.

As for Beedrill, I think it could be very scary with Gunk Shot in its arsenal. The move is handed out quite liberally (even Pachirisu learns it!), so giving it to Beedrill would be a possibility.
(Hmm... for some reason, Gunk Shot seems to be given to a lot of simian Pokémon. Is this an in-joke about monkeys flinging poop?)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Or they could pull the biggest fanservice in-joke ever and give Pidgeot Judgment. (just kidding)

I think Boomburst is a possibility, since Taillow somehow learns it, and Pidgeot's ability to break the sound barrier is mentioned in several Dex entries.

As for Beedrill, I think it could be very scary with Gunk Shot in its arsenal. The move is handed out quite liberally (even Pachirisu learns it!), so giving it to Beedrill would be a possibility.
(Hmm... for some reason, Gunk Shot seems to be given to a lot of simian Pokémon. Is this an in-joke about monkeys flinging poop?)
Thought it would be Gale Wings, seriously.

I really like the desgins of these two new megas especially Mega-Bedrill it looks really cool but Mega Pidgeot design needs more work to be amazing but still those eyes...they inspire fear.

No guard: As people said Hurricane/Air slash is a given and with move tutors we could use Heat wave and I really think a Movepool update would be really needed though it gets uproar is not that good as it will be locked into it.

Adaptability: I think Mega Bedrill is not that bad with coverage as long as the move tutors from gen 5 (Drill run and Knock off) are usable and it gets Agility in case it's too slow or to clean.

About the other news, now we know who could have thrown that rock to Rayquaza's head, jk.

Now we can go through ground, water, underwater and sky in one game. That's awesome GF you did an awesome job there. I hope they keep that for future generations, thinking back Sky battles where in X/Y maybe GF tested how it works to implement it in ORAS.

Finding those legendaries flying it's really awesome now we can get them 100% legal (Blue pentagon) with decent Iv's and nature.

I really want to know about exclusive megas apart from the obvious Latis (even without the data mining). The demo will reveal a new pokemon too so I wonder what will it be.

Last edited:
Lol No Guard Mega Pidgeot

I guess Hurricane Spam is cool, but lets be serious now, this is such a wasted ability on Pidgeot. I suppose you could do a Heat Wave/Hurricane/Defog/roost set. Rock types will poop all over Pidgeot like it does on bronze statues in a park lol

Adaptability Beedrill has great potential though. SD/Poison Jab/X-Scissor/Bulldoze will hit every poke hard barring Skarmory. If it getsba big enough Speed Boost (at least 30) to speed creep base 100s it could be a decent threat in OU and a good threat in UU imo.

With a design like that, Beedrill has to get megahorn- even ariados with its little tiny spike got megahorn ffs. Hopefully it'll get gunk shot too, and it'll hit pretty damn hard with a good enough boost to attack- it only needs a 30 bump to 2hko ferrothorn with megahorn.

It has access to defog and a not-quite-awful defensive typing, it could have STABs+Drill run and then use roost (if it gets a boost that makes its defense somewhat acceptable...) or defog in its last slot- I'm not sure I see it sweeping anything besides. I'm kind of hoping for a 65/120/80/45/80/105 spread, but I doubt GF will boost defense that much.

They'd be hard-pressed to explain how a purple Mega Lati design that they both MEvo into in XY is just a placeholder form for new, individual forms.
Besides, I kinda like how they evolve into the same thing. It's like, through mega evolution and the bonds of friendship, their body gains the second half of a whole Lati and they transcend their mystical connection to each other.
Thanks, miracles.
I like your explanation but I still think they look awful.

Pidgeot's MEvo looks okay, but relatively meh. Pidgeot is a really cool-looking bird already and its design doesn't improve on it very much. I won't be holding my breath about Pidgeot or Beedrill suddenly becoming viable but I certainly won't complain if they do.

The Mega Latis though ... why, GF. Even if they wanted to make them complement each other, there are lots of ways other than making them almost identical. And I get why purple (it does work with the explanation of their Megas evolving into the same thing) but the colour looks terribly washed out. Maybe it'll look better with ORAS graphics, but still lingering disappointment here.

Adaptability Beedrill has great potential though. SD/Poison Jab/X-Scissor/Bulldoze will hit every poke hard barring Skarmory. If it getsba big enough Speed Boost (at least 30) to speed creep base 100s it could be a decent threat in OU and a good threat in UU imo.
You mean Drill Run?

Heatwave and Hurricane even with +50 Sp Att (remember NO ITEMS) couldn't really help him. Rock or Electric will wall him too much. Especially with a low sp att. Let's hope Focus Miss Blast

I would love to use Mega Beedrill with a better Fell Stinger, but he also learns Swords Dance :(

Hurricane spam is back! Special flying to differentiate it from T-flame though it's still a bit underwhelming.

I always had a pidgeot in my team playing R/B so defs points for nostalgia

Heatwave and Hurricane even with +50 Sp Att (remember NO ITEMS) couldn't really help him. Rock or Electric will wall him too much. Especially with a low sp att. Let's hope Focus Miss Blast
Nasty Plot confirmed.

But damn these look rad as heck. Movepool adjustments are absolutely necessary to make them relevant, true, and if that doesn't happen... they're joining Banette and Abomasnow. Fuck, Pidgeot can't even join Birdspam because Pinsir and Salamence.

Also I think we're missing the biggest point here.
"The Legendary Pokémon are found on islands that can only be found through areas on the sky and is said to make it so all non-event Legendary Pokémon will be obtainable in Generation VI."

Terrakion in the sky

Mega Pidgeot with No Guard? It needed Gale Wings! Why GF, why?!
You don't have to hide your happines as now Staraptor is more likely to get Gale Wings instead as a Mega and with better coverage than Pidgeot ;D

Seriously now, I think Pidgeot wouldn't abuse Gale wings as good as Talon you know SD, Bulk up, CB. Even if it was a special set you would risk failing Hurricane and Air slash is weak. I think is good that it got No Guard.

Nasty Plot confirmed.

But damn these look rad as heck. Movepool adjustments are absolutely necessary to make them relevant, true, and if that doesn't happen... they're joining Banette and Abomasnow. Fuck, Pidgeot can't even join Birdspam because Pinsir and Salamence.

Also I think we're missing the biggest point here.
"The Legendary Pokémon are found on islands that can only be found through areas on the sky and is said to make it so all non-event Legendary Pokémon will be obtainable in Generation VI."

Terrakion in the sky
Don't Forget the magnificient and famous, Heatran on the balloooon. A wild encounter after being sent flying by a volcanic eruption.

Mega Butterfly confirmed for next game.

I was generally shocked by these two as much as the next guy, hopefully we get the speculated megas in the next games. If these will be the last megas revealed I will be rather dissapointed. (Though probably not because of the demo Mega, though no one knows what that is yet)

You don't have to hide your happines as now Staraptor is more likely to get Gale Wings instead as a Mega and with better coverage than Pidgeot ;D
That'll be "OMG There really is a mega Sceptile" version 2. And I'll love it. I remember the day, I was almost giving up on the idea of new megas because they plan way ahead, they didn't include them in XY, etc, Blaziken is a lucky bastard and then I unsuspectingly open serebii... and flip out. GF didn't let me down (well, to be completely honest, I'm not a big fan of the design and I wish the dream of Contrary mega Sceptile were true, but I'm pretty happy the way it is).

I'm really, really happy about mega Pidgeot now. I loved playing with the Pidgeot I bred in XY only to be disappointed at how much it sucks competitively. Mega Swellow would've probably been more fitting to ORAS, but even Swellow has a niche thanks to Guts, Facade and its lightning speed, something Pidgeot doesn't. Speaking of Swellow, why the hell did it get Boomburst and not Pidgeot? You knew that was coming, GF! If ORAS doesn't patch this up I'm going to... write a letter of complaint /o/
There's a good possibility Pidgeot will get new level-up or egg moves, but has GF ever changed TM compatibility mid-gen? Focus Blast/Thunder would be awesome, but I don't think that'll be a thing.

And I'm starting to come to grips with mega Beedrill. At least its design is nice (can't say the same about the mega Latis though). Hopefully it'll get the necessary boosts to have some competitive relevance. Adaptability was a step in the right direction. And I was wondering, if there were a mega Butterfree, how could it set itself apart from Vivillion? Even if Butterfree got Hurricane, it would miss the utility of Focus Sash/Leftovers or the power of Life Orb. I think GF gave us the right Kanto Bug (but mega Scolipede would've been waaaaay better - Speed Boost abuse before mega evolving, already learns Mega Horn and Earthquake, higher BST).

On a different note, I remember back in 2002 reading in a pokémon magazine that the upcoming GBA games would allow you to fly through the region, battling wild pokémon and trainers along the way. I remember seeing the picture of a Double Battle where a pokémon was using Faint Attack and that looked like the background of a sky battle at dusk. Just another pointless rumor (like Mewthree) that turned out to be true years later. Great job GF. Great Job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)