Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey, guys. I'm going to try and learn how to RNG stuff, and I'm reading through the guides already, but I stumbled upon a small issue: The download link for the RNG Reporter gives me the classic Error 404. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?
Happens to everyone. Here's some links ( thanks to shiny finder (: ):
Win 7 etc version--rng reporter
XP version--rng reporter
eon timer

eggmove.com is currently down, so I linked the 9.96.6 versions.

edit: and there's a link the the encounter slots in my sig (https://sites.google.com/site/pokemonslots/ in case you can't see it :)

Does anyone have a shiny, jolly pinsir in a net ball with close combat and quick attack? I can offer a shiny flawless cradily and a flawless HP fire greninja.
Edit: been helped

Last edited:
Is Shedinja only capable of learning egg and prior evolution moves that Nincada actually knew at the time of evolution, or can it re-learn moves that Nincada previously knew but forgot as well?
In case anyone was curious about this, I researched it myself: Shedinja is eligible to relearn any egg move Nincada had, even if Nincada forgot it. However, pre-evolution moves like Mud Slap and Metal Claw can only be taught to Shedinja if Nincada knew them at the time of evolution; it is not eligible to relearn them if Nincada knew them at one point but forgot them.

In case anyone was curious about this, I researched it myself: Shedinja is eligible to relearn any egg move Nincada had, even if Nincada forgot it. However, pre-evolution moves like Mud Slap and Metal Claw can only be taught to Shedinja if Nincada knew them at the time of evolution; it is not eligible to relearn them if Nincada knew them at one point but forgot them.
That's how it works with all Pokemon that lose moves from their learnset when evolved.
Solution: breed two Nincada (or whatever mon, Shroomish and Shellder actually get useful moves their evolved forms don't) that already know the level-up move(s) you want to be able to relearn so the babies have them in their "hatch moves" data.

That's how it works with all Pokemon that lose moves from their learnset when evolved.
Solution: breed two Nincada (or whatever mon, Shroomish and Shellder actually get useful moves their evolved forms don't) that already know the level-up move(s) you want to be able to relearn so the babies have them in their "hatch moves" data.
Thanks, I figured it worked that way after seeing how Shedinja worked. New to this stuff; I was mostly unclear on how these mechanics applied to Shedinja since it's a special evolution case.

Oh my god. Finally!

Shoutout to mostthe3rd for the ditto and saving me from going insane and having to settle.

Elektrike | Timid
31/x/30/31/31/31
Hidden Power ICE

Took literally all day. No..seriously.. all day.

Plenty of almosts and kindofs, but this one is the real deal. Phew.. now to pray it doesn't become obsolete in the future.

Oh my god. Finally!

Shoutout to mostthe3rd for the ditto and saving me from going insane and having to settle.

Elektrike | Timid
31/x/30/31/31/31
Hidden Power ICE

Took literally all day. No..seriously.. all day.

Plenty of almosts and kindofs, but this one is the real deal. Phew.. now to pray it doesn't become obsolete in the future.
Congratulations!

I would like to have a Rotom in my team for playing through ORAS, but I want it to hatch in ORAS so it has my OT from that game. Is it possible to trade eggs from Generation 5 (or even 4) to Generation 6, or do I have to breed one in XY and trade the egg to ORAS?
I know it's a noob question, but I have taken a break from Pokémon for around 2 years now and feel like I'm rusty with pretty much everything.

e: another question: Is it possible to find out my secret ID in XY, and if yes, will it likely be possible to find it for ORAS as well?

I would like to have a Rotom in my team for playing through ORAS, but I want it to hatch in ORAS so it has my OT from that game. Is it possible to trade eggs from Generation 5 (or even 4) to Generation 6, or do I have to breed one in XY and trade the egg to ORAS?
I know it's a noob question, but I have taken a break from Pokémon for around 2 years now and feel like I'm rusty with pretty much everything.

e: another question: Is it possible to find out my secret ID in XY, and if yes, will it likely be possible to find it for ORAS as well?
I cant answer youre 2nd question but the answer on youre first is easy no you cant if you want it to hatch in oras you gonna have to rebreed one

Thanks for your answers guys!
So, I'll have to breed a Rotom in XY. From what I've gathered, egg RNG abuse is hard to do in XY, but I have also read that a lot of stuff in XY made breeding a lot easier. So here are some more questions:
1) I would like to have a Rotom in a Luxury Ball. Do I need a Rotom in a Luxury Ball AND a Ditto in a Luxury Ball as parents, or just one of them (and which one)?
2) The Power Items can transfew their respective IV from the Pokémon carrying it to the baby 100% reliably, right? So I would attach a Power Anklet for Speed 31 to my (flawless) Ditto and an Everstone to my Timid Rotom to increase my chances for a flawless Timid Rotom considerably, right?
3) Is there anything else related to breeding in XY I should know (is there maybe a list of changes somewhere)?

RotatingAtom: One of the important things that changed in XY about breeding is that the Destiny Knot now randomly transfers 5 IVs from the parents instead of 3. Without the Destiny Knot, you only pass down 3 random IVs. So you should attach an Everstone to your Rotom and a Destiny Knot to your Ditto. If your Rotom isn't flawless, just keep replacing it will better offspring until you get your flawless Timid Rotom.

Although to answer your question, yes, Power Items transfer their respective IV 100% of the time.

Pokeballs can only be passed down by female Pokemon. Therefore genderless Pokemon and Dittos can't pass down Pokeballs. Unfortunately your Rotom can only be a Pokeball no matter what Pokeball your Ditto or your Rotom is in.

But this is breeding, not egg RNG abuse. Some people call the Time Machine method pseudo-RNG abuse but it isn't really worth it (and certainly doesn't save time compared to breeding in my experience) unless you have both parents hex flawless and you want a hex flawless offspring, or you want to breed for Hidden Power.

Damn, questions in this thread are being answered even quicker than 2 years ago, you guys are awesome! :D

Okay, so what it boils down to is that I need a flawless Ditto and a flawless Timid Rotom (which I can RNG abuse in Gen 4 or 5 no problem and transfer it) and a Destiny Know + Everstone and I'm good to go.

How do people go about checking the IV's of their Pokémon and their secret ID's in XY? I read there's a lvl-100-overnight method involving a bike and Lumiosy City centre for IV's, how does that work?

RotatingAtom: To check IVs of your Pokemon, use the IV judge in Kiloude City. It's the purple-haired guy in the Pokemon Centre. If he mentions a stat and says 'It simply can't be beat!', it's 31. If he mentions the stat and says that it's bad, it's 0. If you want to check the exact IVs, you can ask someone with KeyBV/KeySAV to help you but you probably won't need to at all.

To find your TSV, find someone who can check your TSV (secret ID). PM .com, he usually helps in this stuff. You just need to trade a Pokemon with your OT and ID. I'm not sure if you know how TSVs work this gen, it's different from past gens with secret IDs.

And one more tiny thing: you don't ned a flawless Rotom, you can even start out with a 0IV one, replacing it with better offspring until you get your flawless one. Although having a flawless one off the bat will make it easier of course. Just so you know for future reference.

The IV judge! I completely forgot about that guy!

Where can I read about those new TSV mechanics? And in general, are there any significant news about RNGing in XY? Last time I checked, it was deemed impossible because the 3DS has a brutal encryption?

The IV judge! I completely forgot about that guy!

Where can I read about those new TSV mechanics? And in general, are there any significant news about RNGing in XY? Last time I checked, it was deemed impossible because the 3DS has a brutal encryption?
About TSV and SV hatching here.

You can't RNG in XY, but with the new breeding mechanics and the fact that Pokemon in the Undiscovered egg group automatically have at least 3 perfect IVs when you capture them, you hardly need to. It's quite easy to get flawless Pokemon now, even legendaries. A good chunk of this thread is occupied by people soft-resetting to get perfect legendaries and asking if they should keep or toss a spread they get.

If you'd like to know about the Time Machine method though, check .com's excellent guide here.

Hey guys, as the thread says down to the point, I have never had a mew, I know how rare they are (legit) anyways. I have never used a cheating device and don't plan to but understand why some may use one . I will list the pokemon I am willing to trade, all of which are legit from my X game. If anyone has a legit or a cloned legit mew then please, trade! :D

EVENT legit diancie
Shiny Swablu
Shiny Diggersby
Shiny Slugma
Shiny Woobat
Shiny Haxorus
Shiny Poliwrath
Shiny Poliwhirl
Shiny Delphox

I am also up for a request to breed a shiny for you via masuda breeding in return for a mew, give me a shout, I will leave my friend code if someone's interested in the trade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)