The Everything NHL Thread

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
This is fucked. Just when we were lined up for another ball in the McEichel lottery, Garth Snow had to go and act like a fucking competent GM.

This is fucked. Just when we were lined up for another ball in the McEichel lottery, Garth Snow had to go and act like a fucking competent GM.
I'm sure Carolina and Calgary are ok with them getting better. Buffalo's probably none too pleased either though.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello out there, we're on the air, it's 'Hockey Night' tonight.
Tension grows, the wistle blows, and the puck goes down the ice.
The goalie jumps, and the players bump, and the fans all go insane.
Someone roars, "Bobby Scores!", at the good ol' Hockey Game.

OH! The good ol' Hockey game, is the best game you can name.
And the best game you can name, is the good ol' Hockey game.

Second Period.

Where players dash, with skates aflash, the home team trails behind.
But they grab the puck, and go bursting up, and they're down across the line.
They storm the crease, like bumble bees, they travel like a burning flame.
We see them slide, the puck inside, it's a 1-1 hockey game.

Third Period. Last game of the playoff too!

Oh take me where, the hockey players, face off down the rink.
And the Stanley Cup, is all filled up, for the champs who win the drink.
Now the final flick, of a hockey stick, and the one gigantic scream.
"The puck is in! The home team wins!", the good ol' hockey game.

(It's in!) (He shoots, he scores!) (Henderson scores for Canada!)

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
There isn't much that beats watching the Sedins play like it's 2010 again. Lovin the new coach and system =]

Congratulations to the New Jersey Devils for winning their first shootout since the Catholic Church chose a new pope and Harlem Shake was relevant!

How does any team manage to give up NINE goals to the Predators?!?!?!?! Like, have they ever scored more than 4 goals in a game?

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
There is no rational explanation for why the Sabres beat the Sharks every time out, whether in Buffalo or San Jose. It literally makes NO sense.

But hey, look at us winning two in a row and actually SCORING GOALS! (Seriously though, take it easy guys.)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
When we beat the Maple Leafs here in Buffalo recently, not only did someone throw their Leafs jersey onto the ice in disgust, but all the TO fans (they come across the border in droves) started a "LET'S GO RAPTORS" chant. DURING THE HOCKEY GAME.

Idk if it's really a double post cause 2+ weeks but whatever. Dallas Eakins finally got axed. Hopefully now Edmonton can rebound ever so slightly so the aren't 30th overall cause i'd hate to see McDavid or Eichel go to that clusterfuck of an organization.

Yea I don't think this will fix anything, Edmonton is in too deep of a hole to climb out of. MacTavish is completely delusional if he thinks Eakins could do more with the shitstain of a team. The Oilers are fundamentally broken and have been this way for almost 10 years. Yet another HC firing changes nothing.

If McDavid goes there I will cry. Let him go to Arizona please. (yea fuck it, I don't want him on the Sabres, it's Zemgod's team anyway)

Yea I don't think this will fix anything, Edmonton is in too deep of a hole to climb out of. MacTavish is completely delusional if he thinks Eakins could do more with the shitstain of a team. The Oilers are fundamentally broken and have been this way for almost 10 years. Yet another HC firing changes nothing.

If McDavid goes there I will cry. Let him go to Las Vegas please. (yea fuck it, I don't want him on the Sabres, it's Zemgod's team anyway)
Fixed that for you. even though i'm pretty sure Arizona isn't moving anytime soon, stupid ass Bettman. Plus they're way ahead of EDM right now. Imagine though if he goes to buffalo? That team essentially clinches a cup some years down the road once all of their prospects are developed.

The thing is we already have insane prospect depth down the middle: Girgensons, Ennis, Grigorenko, Reinhart. The first 2 are already proven NHL performers and Grigs and Samson are just about sure things. We don't need McDavid, we're getting 3 great prospects in the draft anyway and it's better to be able to give them all the space they need so they can develop. Even now we'll eventually have to move guys to the wing (well, Ennis already plays wing and Girgs has played wing too, so not that big of a deal I guess). I'd rather see the kids win a bunch and get positive experience, even if it means picking later in the top 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)