Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

I have found that due to the mechanics of Shadow Sneak, Greninja tends to do well against characters that rely on speed. When you have Sheik dashing towards you to land some hits you roll the opposite direction and can Shadow Sneak into their direction. If that fails, you can just get them with the Counter.
This actually makes perfect sense. Everytime I was beat by a Greninja I was using a relatively fast character and it was Shadow Sneak specifically that was beating me up.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Luc vs little mac match ups seem p impossible to win. He KOs at low percent so you cant even stall to play the aura distance game like you can against almost everyone else.
I'm currently maining Lucario. Can confirm that Lucario vs. Little Mac is almost unwinnable for the Lucario user. Little Mac is just capable of KOing at too low of a percentage, but it's not even that that makes it near unwinnable. Lucario relies too much on his counter to beat Little Mac, but the problem is that Lucario's counter is really slow and leaves him vulnerable for too long, so you have to get the timing spot-on or else Lucario is toast.

My suggestion to any Lucario main (and what I'm currently doing): Have another main to counter-pick against Little Mac. I've found that Rosalina & Luma and King Dedede are pretty effective against Little Mac.

Man we need a viability ranking thread for ssb4 characters IMO ;)

Also just unlocked Duck Hunt Duo and using that as my main
I don't want a pointless thread where people just complain about where someone has there mains at and how uber amazing/uber bad a low/high ranked character is.

Duck Hunt Duo is pretty okay just don't be that guy who taunts with Duck Hunt while shit is being thrown because you are the worst if you do.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
If he still doesn't get it after I bolded it, someone help me explain Zelda mythology to him because I can't from my cell phone.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
There are already a few early tier lists going around for the game.
None of them really agree on much though. From playing the game, I feel like Zero Suit Smaus, Sheik, Rosalina, Bowser, Duck Hunt, and Little Mac are pretty good, but that's just my personal experience

None of them really agree on much though. From playing the game, I feel like Zero Suit Smaus, Sheik, Rosalina, Bowser, Duck Hunt, and Little Mac are pretty good, but that's just my personal experience
I feel that "pretty good" depends on who is in control of them. For an actual tier list, I'd wait a little for people to get into the math part and see who, technically, is on what tier.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is it me or everyone in 1 vs 1 uses Little Mac or semi naked ZSS? I stopped using Little Max in for glory after seeing how many Mac dittos I found.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is it me or everyone in 1 vs 1 uses Little Mac or semi naked ZSS? I stopped using Little Max in for glory after seeing how many Mac dittos I found.
I can't blame anyone for that one.

Fact: Girls are sexier with bare midriffs.
Fact: Gym clothes like that are sexy.
Fact: Zero Suit Samus was already sexy, so this alt outfit only makes her better

Spoiler alert, these aren't actually facts, they're actually opinions

Even though faster characters are more of my style, I've been finding it a lot easier to win with heavier characters like Dedede and Bowser online. I actually really love playing Bowser, but all those idiots who just Bowsercide off the edge make the game a little bit less fun. Dedede is a fuckin monster though, his FSmash KOd an Olimar I was playing against at 17%. Don't fuck with the penguin

Pic of the day. Here's Bass, a trophy for the Wii U version!! When I first saw this, I was really surprised by the quality of this trophy and Treble's presence. Even though this will only appear as a trophy, this was made from the ground up. Designers really are amazing.

(Comment)

Zero's here too!! There are also trophies of Roll and Proto Man.

(I wasn't expecting an early picture tonight, sorry about the delay.)

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's not just you. Quite a few people have been doing this from what I've seen. Personally, I've really enjoyed using Lucario and Shulk in 1v1 For Glory just due to how flexible their playstyles are.

Since you don't really know who your opponent will use in 1v1 until the match starts, I feel like the characters used most in For Glory are either very flexible or simply have multiple good kill moves. If you can DI really well, Lucario is an absolute beast. I played a pretty solid ZSS player earlier today and 2 stocked her just because I was able to live to 175% (DI'd at least two moves that probably should have killed me) and get a few solid hits in. Forward Smash offscreened ZSS at 91% after I reached about 120%, and then Double Team took her 2nd stock at around 80% after I hit 175%. Also, keeping a fully charged Aura Sphere in your hip pocket can be really nice to stop a lot of ground combo finishers from happening.

As for Shulk, he's hella fun to use. I find myself using Buster, Speed, and Smash Monado Powers the most with him. I've probably said this before, but his counter move (Vision) is absolutely devastating. Was playing a solid Lucina player earlier who seemed really heavy on edgeguarding. Threw me off the stage at 80% and as I jumped back toward the stage, I just used Shulk's Vision to counter the edgeguard forward smash. Not only does the move get me back on the stage, but it KOes Lucina off the top of the screen at 82% with no Monado Power activated (Speed had just gone out before the grab, so I didn't have time to get Smash activated) So yeah, you definitely want to make sure your edgeguard move will work vs. Shulk. Otherwise, you may get countered in more ways than one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)