The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a reason Philly cut him after his rookie season. You have to be pretty bad to be cut before you reach age 50 as a kicker :)
I'm not gonna lie, as an Eagles fan I'm really happy that I don't have to watch opposing offenses start at the 40 after each kickoff.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Nobody's better at their position in the NFL than JJ Watt, and it's not even close. He can't affect the game as much as a quarterback can because of his position, but there's no other player that's even close to as good at their position than JJ Watt is at defensive end. If the League MVP award was give to the best player regardless of position, Watt would have won it in 2012 and would be the prohibitive favorite this year. However, it's hard to justify giving it to Watt over someone like Rivers or Peyton because of how much more important the QB position is than every other position in football. Even given that, he's definitely one of the top 10 most valuable players in the NFL. As long as he stays healthy, which he has so far, he should go down as one of the greatest DEs ever. We'll be comparing him to Strahan and Reggie White in five years, maybe even sooner.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Dude, the Giants had Eli Manning who was coming off one of the greatest seasons ever by a qb, a defense who manhandled two of the greatest offenses ever, and a team overall who blew out a 15-1 team at their home. Was I wrong to believe this team was the best in the league?
lol

yes you are wrong to believe that. The jaguars beat the broncos on the road in 1996, so should we have thought they would go 16-0 the next year? NO, WE DIDNT.

Hey the cards went on the road and beat seattle last year so they are obviously the best team in the nfl.

Last years colts beat both super bowl teams so they shouldve won the super bowl.

Also, you assumed about eli manning. Thats the funniest part.

I beat the seahawks with the jags in madden so the jags are the best madden team.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Dat Flacco though. 3 TD's in like 7 minutes of possession.

EDIT: 35-0 with 13 left in the second quarter. LOL Tampa, fucking love my Ravens!

Last edited:

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yay my pass still works

anyway the worst part about this season is that they retained 90% of the team that went 3-13

honestly being a redskins fan is the most depressing thing in sports

you suck every year with random exceptions
you don't draft well
everyone fucking hates your team for various reasons (snyder/nickname/etc)
you have stupidly bad luck (you draft a transcendent QB and everything that could go wrong does wrong)
the organization is a nepotistic buddy buddy mess because no matter how much Snyder loves the team, his management style is the epitome of what's wrong with capitalism

there's a part of me that wants to just shut down the existing franchise and start over.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yay my pass still works

anyway the worst part about this season is that they retained 90% of the team that went 3-13

you suck every year with random exceptions
you don't draft well
everyone fucking hates your team for various reasons (snyder/nickname/etc)
you have stupidly bad luck (you draft a transcendent QB and everything that could go wrong does wrong)
the organization is a nepotistic buddy buddy mess because no matter how much Snyder loves the team, his management style is the epitome of what's wrong with capitalism

there's a part of me that wants to just shut down the existing franchise and start over.
Resident Maple Leafs fan saying hi

xJownage

Josh scobee, the one constant of the jags who has always been great, always hit the game winner, had a 55-yarder blocked and the jags remain winless.

I predicted the cowboys over the seahawks and i am DAMN proud of myself. The cowboys thoroughly DESTROYED the seahawks, essentially winning 30-9 despite several mental miscues. The defense was stellar, this is nowhere near the worst defense ever we were expecting.
They better not look ahead though, those mental mistakes will bite them in the butt against a more momentum-driven team (the seahawks werent mentally prepared for this game).

Look at the raiders schedule. Yeah they may be joining the 2008 lions.

reminder that 50+ yard field goals, even in the modern era with the best kickers we've ever seen, are only hit <60% of the time.

a 55 yarder is a coin flip, and the Jags had plenty of time to run a quick out route to at least try to pick up 5 or so yards... the decision to kick was the problem.

I dislike the Cowboys still, but I am satisfied with them beating the Seahawks. With a win, Niners will tie them and be in a good position to move ahead in the division once the inevitable Cardinals slip begins. Though I really hate they're playing the Broncos next week (Rams tomorrow should be a joke, but there's still that whole division rival thing that makes it harder than it should be).

37-37 tie between Bengals/Panthers was interesting, apparently that's a new record for highest scoring tie.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even the fucking Cowboys are good because they drafted 3 first round linemen in a row. Fuck skill position players now. Just draft linemen first round every draft and let the rest of the shit work out.

xJownage

reminder that 50+ yard field goals, even in the modern era with the best kickers we've ever seen, are only hit <60% of the time.

a 55 yarder is a coin flip, and the Jags had plenty of time to run a quick out route to at least try to pick up 5 or so yards... the decision to kick was the problem.
Not really. Scobee from 50+ in his career is 25-34...and what happens if the catch happens and a corner makes a great shoestring tackle? What if the pass isint there and bortles makes a rookie mistake? With 12 seconds...take the field goal. It wasnt even that scobee missed, it was that the kick was blocked, rendering the distance a non-factor

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I could probably list a couple other NFL franchises alone that it is less fun to be a fan of than the Redskins, let alone other sports. Until you've experienced the grief of being a Bills or Lions or Vikings fan, you really can't complain. The Redskins have 3 super bowl wins for pete's sake, that's still in the top 10.

In other news, I can no longer define the Steelers. I haven't seen a Pittsburgh team this bipolar since the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)