The Ghosting Tournament III - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion

Art by CrashinBoomBang

While ghosting (a third party telling a player which moves to make) is normally forbidden (or frowned upon, according to some), this tournament is based on and encourages it. The players will form teams of three people, but only one game will be played per pairing; the team will decide on the moves together instead of playing separately.

Standard Rules
  • Single elimination format
  • 6th Generation OU tournament
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Wifi Clause

Tournament-specific Rules
    • No Disallow Specs - for easy ghosting and scouting
    • No Battle Timeout - this allows you time to discuss strategy during the battle, but if you timestall your opponent on purpose, with no evidence to the contrary, I reserve the right to disqualify your team. This rule drags the battles out by a lot, so make sure you have enough time when scheduling.
    • 3 members per team. It is advised to only form teams within the same or similar timezones to avoid scheduling issues.
    • You may sign up as a team with all three members confirming or alone as a free agent to be picked up by someone. I may form new teams out of the remaining free agents. However, teams will be prioritized even if you signed up as a free agent early, so try to contact other free agents and form a team as soon as possible.
    • Each team shall nominate a captain either through PM or their team sign up post. He will be in charge of organizing team members, providing the opposing captain with available times, and making sure the team gets the battle done in a timely manner
    • Because of the ghosting element, who is actually battling for the team each round makes little difference, just make sure the battle gets done
    • There's nothing to stop you taking the advice of people not on your team, but remember that they may not always have your best interest at heart, and spies and backstabbers are everywhere...
    • Single Elimination
    • You must post logs of your battle and your ghosting in the thread of the respective round. (You will notice that the ghosting logs are by far the best part of this tournament, so it'd be a shame for them not to be available to everyone)
    • You shall make your team name known to me through the sign up post, otherwise I will pick one for you.
    • Unless you are really struggling to get everyone together, a minimum of two people per team must battle. Ghosting tour needs actual ghosting.
Tournament Tips
  • Get a Private IRC Channel or other private chat location (skype, MSN messenger, Oovoo piratepad) to discuss your moves without being scouted.
  • One person contact the person playing on the other team. Both team captains must nominate a player from their team to play and post in this thread. I will monitor the activity between those selected and those two only. Expect long matches - Make sure you have enough time to play.
Teams (Captains listed first):
  1. *-* (Jaiho, sugarhigh, The DragonKnight)
  2. Jen (Bouffalant, Spirit, Pearl.)
  3. Little Mac is a kanker character and you should feel gay newb (LMIAKCAYSFGN) (Reymedy, boudouche, Alf')
  4. the mexican's jajajxDD (Vileman, Xelx, el poeta)
  5. Banned From Tournament Cuz We Were Ghosting Squad (Leftiez, Chirac, Deckline)
  6. Hax Warriors (We R DNA, Divixel, Daraster)
  7. The Desolate Gale (McMeghan, Bloo, CrashinBoomBang)
  8. Serebii (Mean Mr Snorlax, Ger9119, -Clone-)
  9. Banana Meteorite (Destiny Device, DracoMalfoy, Adam)
  10. m1-4ny (Finchinator, bugzinator, Moony)
  11. sik @ ou m8 (MAJISTRATE, xtra$hine, blunder)
  12. The Eternal BlaziKens aka the Ken Barwinners aka the Limitless Leafhoppers (Funkasaurus, Jirachee, Harsha)
  13. Do the V (Gale Wing Srock, Avnomke, PsYkIk)
  14. we do it for free (Fortune, GGamer745, Geotal)
  15. HORSE (NotHyunation, AquajetBreloom, QueenOfLuvdiscs)
  16. #FreeSwagger (Lady Gaga, Haruno, yohoE)
  17. Magic Guard (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * (NocturOP, ImSNT, Chano)
  18. [10:28:52 PM] Toxy: tesung is bad and sucks (D4RR3N, Toxzn, Tesung)
  19. Ghostbusters (Livio, Son of Zeus, Inflikted)
  20. 3 Lords (Stathakis, praj.pran, Lord Ninjax)
  21. A Ballin Crew (Knight of Cydonia, TewMew, toshimelonhead)
  22. Kartoffel Chili Sauce (Yong'seun, Gros Orteil, bluri)
  23. sex (Lowgock, jira, sebixxl)
  24. Spooky Scary Ghosts (Genesis7, Jacob, NotAGymLdr)
  25. the - dash L.O.R.D. Squad (CTC, Calloflochie, KratosMana)
  26. Lords of Pkmn and Steve Angello (Steve Angello, Lohgock, Zamrock)
  27. Volvo (V0x, MJB, LuckOverSkill)
  28. dEnIsSsS and the BP fangirls (dEnIsSsS, The Goomy, TheCanadianWifier)
  29. Aurious and the two guys who are only in the line up (Aurious, Alloy, kloshitt)
  30. eZ (LightningLuxray, Benja299, U-Turn Out)
  31. SQUAD (Jayde, PDC, SoulWind)
  32. The Blast Cancer (Leodamin , D. Miralis, Blue Light)
  33. Mark's Spiky Coconut Spaghetti (ftwhero, lilnickf6, AGES)
  34. The Immortals (Cicada, Meridian, Akola)
  35. Sick My Duck (Pinesseuh!, Adyctif, Myogui)
  36. The Noob Masters (trev, silver97, Tricking)
  37. I HATE OMFUGA (Soulgazer, @Wepwn, @FLCL)
  38. Club Penguin Gang (Henry, DOGE EBINEST, Conspire)
  39. Team tbd (Vinc2612, majaspic22, Unamed)
  40. ,,, (Rob., Korby, Sunny.)
  41. T3@M R0CK3T (Tele, Mob Barley, Sir Murkrow)
  42. Os DJs (e7e, Lunar Flare, Soulraiser)
  43. Never Played OU But Finna Take Off <:] (GlassGlaceon, Shaian, justinjiaxinghu)
  44. Basedlord CTC Squad (Updated Kanto, Ary, @MushMunkey)
  45. Jonas (Quaggster, @iZocker, xray)
  46. Tomahawks's team (Tomahawk, orch, 3rd member tbd)
  47. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノrevolutionヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ (quickscopenoscope, piikaa, Qwertypops)
  48. *hits blunt* (metagamesecrets, eriados, Bedschibaer)
  49. LC (BAN ME PLEASE) (Starmaster, Obvious Power, zeriloa)
  50. le 9gag (z0mOG, Cloyster Chowder, MagmarJoe)
  51. Jason Stein (VN., dice, AB2)
  52. Started From Pallet Town [SFPT] (Invok3r, LolzOverLanguage, Draco Meteora)
  53. Free Agents 1 (SparksBlade, Wario Land 3, Little Hulk)
  54. #freevictories (Versace Python Cased, Isa, MetalGro$$)

Teams will be prioritized even if you signed up as a free agent early, so try to contact other free agents and form a team as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Jacob and I are looking for a third member who has Skype and is is close to -3 GMT. PM me for interviews, this is formal so shirts and jeans will be shown the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)