Other OU Player of the Week #1: aim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I heard you lost a battle to three Pokemon once. What would you have done differently in that situation? :v)

How do you like Ubers? Do you have any thoughts of what Ubers might look like when ORAS comes around?

I know you mentioned not being too into building lol but do you have any tips/advice for someone who's trying to build those hugo level teams? Top players seem to be able to take even mediocre pokemon and build great teams around them (mantine stall,,,,,) and I would love to learn how to do that as well!

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I heard you lost a battle to three Pokemon once. What would you have done differently in that situation? :v)

How do you like Ubers? Do you have any thoughts of what Ubers might look like when ORAS comes around?
got a regular roll on the second hit. I love ubers, it's really fun though I wish shadowtag was gone and if it was i wish it was earlier on in ubers since we are getting new threats with oras. I think mega quaza and primal groudon will make ubers even more broken lol

I know you mentioned not being too into building lol but do you have any tips/advice for someone who's trying to build those hugo level teams? Top players seem to be able to take even mediocre pokemon and build great teams around them (mantine stall,,,,,) and I would love to learn how to do that as well!
just play around with a mon. cover weaknesses and common threats in the meta. no team is perfect. there are far too many pokes for one to be

Any tips for a new YouTuber? oO
gl man. youtube is scary. try and get known during a hype wave haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Love your videos, Joey. They've really inspired me to get better at the game and have helped me out a lot in my own battles. Since you're answering questions right now, I'd like to ask some as well.

If there was one pokemon from each tier you could remove what would those pokemon be, and why? I know you've said you enjoy all tiers, but are there any pokemon you feel are unhealthy or hamper your enjoyment of said tier?

Also, it's been over a year since that fateful day, so I must ask...did you ever find your fur coat?

Reactions: aim

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Love your videos, Joey. They've really inspired me to get better at the game and have helped me out a lot in my own battles. Since you're answering questions right now, I'd like to ask some as well.

If there was one pokemon from each tier you could remove what would those pokemon be, and why? I know you've said you enjoy all tiers, but are there any pokemon you feel are unhealthy or hamper your enjoyment of said tier?

Also, it's been over a year since that fateful day, so I must ask...did you ever find your fur coat?
Haha glad that I have been an inspiration. I find most tiers balanced. Maybe i'd remove moltres from ru as it is such a powerhouse down there but it can be checked by av slowking spdef druggigon. with ubers i'd have removed shadow tag as a whole, atleast I would have if oras wasnt a month away. im fine with ou and uu though i wish uu was less stally so maybe bliss gone lmao. that's basically it! and fur coat had a glitch man furfrou should have taken that!

How are you liking Little Cup? What are your thoughts on it as a tier?
i like it especially now since missy is gone. fun tier haha but not a huge fan of the speed ties and damage rolls

Last edited by a moderator:
Any plan for a road to top10 random battles? It would be hilarious.

And I would like to thank you cause i practically learned OU by watching your vids. Especially when it comes to situation reading.

aim

pokeaimMD
How much work was it to get, literally 5 badges in 5 months (+mod), and does it ever get tiring carrying all dem badges around?
I mean i really didnt notice the work it took. My first actual badge was the fist badge and i started rating teams as a way to pass the time on my bus rides home. I ended up getting contacted about my efforts saying i was being watched and just thought "cool" lol. Rating was/is fun so i don't consider it work. It does take time though. For social media i'm hella active on yt/twitter so again didnt feel like work. TC i ended up getting cause i wanted my voice to be heard in votes and plus it got me content for my channel so yeah. And video room editor i got for frontier which was fun. I guess if you look at it from far it looks like a lot of work but in reality it was just me contributing and enjoying myself. I mean i know when i'm in line for a badge but i just do me haha. Also nice reference lol

Last edited:

aim

pokeaimMD
Any plan for a road to top10 random battles? It would be hilarious.

And I would like to thank you cause i practically learned OU by watching your vids. Especially when it comes to situation reading.
I wish ps had battle factory :[ but probably not lol i wanna complete lc and move on to oras road to top tens. And haha appreciate the kind words and glad i could help :]

I have a few questions regarding Mega Evolution.
1. Which Mega Evolution is hyping you up the most to use either competitively or in-game?
2. What's your favorite Mega design-wise, what's your least favorite?
3. Which Mega has been your favorite to use?

1. Who is ur favorite for Grand Slam and why?
2. How do u think the meta will change with ORAS? Which Pokemon will dominate it?
3. What Pokemon is ur favorite in the current meta? What popular Pokemon dont u like really and why?

Grats to mod btw and thank u for ur answers :]

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Have you ever been interested in mentoring anyone, or are you teaching anyone right now?
Btw, thanks for uploading all the great vids, I'm always happy to see a new vid when I get home :]

What are your goals regarding the competitive scene?

Is/are there a game(s) you're particulary proud of winning and if so, which one and why?

Also, who are some players you think have a lot of potential yet are underrated atm?

You own :]
I can answer the second question for him: vs. any baton pass team in existence, saying two of his recent uploads are him basically raging at BP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)