Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
figuring out the size difference might be nice, I'm not sure is that wingspan or the dumb head feathers idk. Would be useful to check the model once we can

Now that we are getting an announcement...

Latias - Latios - New - Old

I am all about making style fixes here to go along with this great pose. Taking cues from both Lati formes. I also tried to make it in between both colours, although I lean much more towards Latios because of the colour scheme. I'm making this for both Lati's atm, but down the road if someone is crazy enough to do another pose for Latias we could have that happen. Considering the anguish Quanyails went through to get the one I'm not sure there will even be much variety to begin with (and the models are exactly the same ingame so whatever).

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
upload_2014-10-13_19-25-26.png

BEEDRILL
Beedrill is not done. Still need to figure out all the colors and fix some out lines and shiz, along with adding 3-4 more wings. everything was from scratch except the big white drills.

upload_2014-10-13_19-25-36.png

PIDGEOT

Added a head feather, bigger body, bigger wing span. I honestly think the hieght is more wingspan than head to toe, but I made a bigger body just in case, if we decide on smaller body we can just apply the head feather on the small body. Colors were fixed. Before anyone says anything, yes this was the HGSS sprite as a base, I thought it fit better. Blue coloring came from Shiny Braviary. Honestly Mega Pidgeot does look like braviary to me, but just in pidgeon form ><

COSPLAY PIKACHU
I should really get to work on these things shouldn't I. so busy yet so lazy at the same time >.< sorry folks. again, if I have nothing planned, I WILL get to work on Popstar and Libre.

And now, for something completely different...!!

/me blows party horn HAPPY BIRTHDAY aXl !!!!!

I made you a present!

axl-sketch4.png

FULL SIZE IMAGE: http://i.imgur.com/CIPNMG7.png

I didn't have time to colour it ): I also forgot to sign it... in other news, I know how to draw Gallade now

Normally, I'd send these things over Skype, and that would suffice... however, this is special because aXl has to deal with two crazy bosses at a short distance and I'd like to take some time to honour that.

Things I made aXl work on:
  • some Megas
  • Braixen
  • Delphox
  • Scatterbug
  • Pyroar
  • Gogoat
  • Furfrou
  • Honedge
  • Binacle
  • Barbaracle
  • Dragalge
  • Tyrantrum
  • Amaura
  • Sliggoo
  • Goodra
  • Klefki
  • Bergmite
  • Avalugg
  • Noibat
  • Zygarde
...And he's done them all because he's such a nice guy!

In queue:
  • Vivillon
  • Pangoro
  • Swirlix
  • Slurpuff
  • Malamar
  • Aurorus
  • Goomy
  • others to be added
(I've done preliminary QC on most of the above, although I don't always post these things)

The spreadsheet shows that aXl has done 14 sets of original Kalos sprites alone (note the double qualifiers). Including Mega sprites and quality control would double that number at minimum. In considering both quality and quantity, his output outsizes that of any other contributor in the project by a large margin, and it's just too bad that nobody can receive two Artist badges for their efforts. ;p

There's more to aXl than just spriting, and I'm thankful for all the times he has allowed me to confide in him when I'm feeling low (and Layell isn't around to bug). I consider him to be a good friend of mine, as someone who has both a consistently good attitude and admirable work ethic... whereas my "extracurriculars" put a large strain on my academics, aXl completed secondary school last year as valedictorian, which is extremely hardcore, and even allegedly referenced the sprite project indirectly in his speech! Thank you for being a good friend, and thank you for your continued help. I don't always tell you how superlative your work is or how much I appreciate the fact that you're still here, despite the reality that this is a volunteer project and plenty of others have sadly arrived and departed. One day, we'll find a way to fly you up to the Great North so you can have lunch with Layell and I, and we can show you how hopelessly gridlocked culturally rich and spectacular Toronto is!

In closing, aXl told me that all he has up for today is attending college as usual and having an uneventful day. Do not let that happen. If you're reading this, visit his VM wall and leave him a lovely birthday message!

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Oh boy, I just realized that frenzy plant's pikachu Popstar is the one we were going with ;-; gonna cry now. I still have the backsprites to look forward to though >~<
I really enjoyed making those guys.
Oh well, that's not what this response is for. There have been rumors and small text/picture leaks of Oras I'd be on the look out for some official leaks and start spriting them if seen. I kinda figured the big leaks would happen again, although this isn't as major.

Also Happy Birthday Axl. I hope you read my message on your page :)

Edit: mega glalie and mega steelix have been leaked I think from the demo? As from the screen shots shown they seem like very simple edits. I probably wont get started with these guys as there isn't much pictures. Don't be surprised if I get done with glalie before anyone else though. I love glalie. I think the anime corrupted me.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, aXL. I left you a message on your wall.

I plan on burning the late-night oil to at least get something done before I sleep tonight (if I sleep tonight). Seeing the message princessofmusic posted reminded me of how much free time I -actually- have at night, so I'mma work to incorporate that into my schedule... because Mega Pinsir is far from overdue. I will post the update in this post; but for now, here is a brief sprite image history, from start to present:

Honestly, focusing so much on one sprite probably distracted me from other sprites I could do. In any case, feedback is appreciated, as the update will probably have minimal changes to the most current one (aka the one that isn't being used on PS!).

EDIT: I've received a heads-up from Layell stating he made the Shiny versions of both the Mega Pinsir Front and Back sprites according to the seventh edit on the timeline posted above. I've requested confirmation because my misunderstood self apparently cannot interpret simple messaging while trying to fight sleep.

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Alright, time for the back sprite of Mega Pidgeot!
upload_2014-10-14_20-28-9.png

Braviary's back sprite was used as a as was largly edited. I plan to fix the brown parts of the wings but for now, this is what I plan to leave it like for now. BW head, not sure if that worked well or not, but again will need some editing for later. Flipped the foot I really don't have plans on fixing the current foot on the backsprite but if should be different I don't mind making one from scratch. For those of you wondering why I use a lot of already created and official sprite is because that's my comfort zone and that's how I get better with adding custom areas so understand things more. As of right now the bodies seem proportional to the other-meaning that they are two different sizes. Either we leave it and make people think it's just the angle or the bird, or change the size more (I think front sprite should be changed if we change sizes). I plan to redo the large red feather thing on the front spriye, don't look nice compared to the back. Other wise I think Mega Pidegot should start getting QC'd on.

Just thought I'd drop by to show my thanks for all of the good birthday wall posts I got today. You guys are all awesome, and while I'm sorry I don't really have anything to show for it at the moment, but it definitely made my day a touch better to say the least. You'll all be happy to know that today was pretty good as a whole, as I got to eat dinner with my family and wrap it up with cake, while also getting to enjoy a new album that just dropped.

Maybe by this weekend I'll have some work to show for Mega Gallade if I can find the time to be productive. Smash 4 and Midterms have been doing a great job of sapping my free time, but with a little luck, I'll be able to find some time to arrange some pixels in the midst of all this collage-ery. +)

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
>

This is the creepiest thing I have ever sprited, I can't even work on the back any more so creepy
Oh looks a lot better than what I originally did. I love how it looks. Head spike and left ears's top spike looks funky, I'll see if I can fix those along with making a back sprite, if you don't mind anyways. Something about the head's width bothers me too but it's probably just an angle. I really like the mouth.

Edit: do we still need those volcanion and hoops sprites? I don't mind making new ones if they need to be updated.

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
this was also an easy fix but

caw

kacaw

(the unreleased mons could be improved in terms of colour/style if that is what you want to perfect)
You see, the thing that I am worried about is the brown. I'm not sure if it's lighter than normal Pidgeot or the same. I do like that new tail feathers, but the blue at the end of it could be reverted back to that neutral shade of blue, as braviaries was originally that neutral color.

I also just noticed that I would have to add more feathers on the inside of the wings >~< on that note I'll fix the head feather and the brown part of the wings.

Anyone think beedrill has enough references for backsprite?

Edit: Yes I thought tp edit, I don't need to post every other time someone posts (i'm active okay)

Isn't mega sableye's large gem supposed to be translucent? I kno it means more work but atm I'm not a huge fan of the gem in it's current state.
I'm kinda sick of getting this question offten >.> yes I plan to make it translucent, however I havn't gotten to it cause.
1. I don't have time to remake the the entire sprite just for more line art.
2. it could potentially ruin the sprite, with all the mirrored edges (it's like looking through a distorted mirror).
3. it looks nice the way it does.

Last edited:
>

This is the creepiest thing I have ever sprited, I can't even work on the back any more so creepy
Isn't mega sableye's large gem supposed to be translucent? I kno it means more work but atm I'm not a huge fan of the gem in it's current state.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If someone can make it translucent while keeping 16 colours and making it look nice feel free, and keeping in mind all the colours that the back also has.

I for one don't think it can be done, and cannot think of any other sprite that has anything close to what that does already.

(also keep in mind we may want to animate it in the future...)

Has anyone reserved Mega Steelix yet? I would like to take a stab at it if its open btw, it seems that Mega Steelix should have magnet pull instead of sand force which would make it a really good revenge killer against steel types, but I'm not complaining

Last edited:
Ok, now it seems to be open season for game spoilers, I'm not going to post in the thread until a while after the European release. I'm still working on Mega Rayquaza, but I probably won't be posting progress, or if I do I'll pm it to Layell or something to avoid having to go into any threads.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Has anyone reserved Mega Steelix yet? I would like to take a stab at it if its open btw, it seems that Mega Steelix should have magnet pull instead of sand force which would make it a really good revenge killer against steel types, but I'm not complaining
Nope, go ahead.
Ok, now it seems to be open season for game spoilers, I'm not going to post in the thread until a while after the European release. I'm still working on Mega Rayquaza, but I probably won't be posting progress, or if I do I'll pm it to Layell or something to avoid having to go into any threads.
Alright, see you after release then.

As shinies have been shown, I'd suggest to be extra careful with Mega Sceptile, many color changes with it. Along with the shiny weather trio megas and primals.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
TOO LATE WALUIGI TIME

I don't know about you guys but the primal I worked on was an easy fix to make work as shiny. Kyogre will need a wait until we see full fins, but I already know it is gonna suck

Alright thanks T-Splash, I'm kinda new to spriting so I just thought I should start with Mega Steelix over whatever else so I'm open too any tips if you guys are willing to help and thanks again (what sucks about mega 'lix is that I had a perfect shiny Steelix I called Disaster but I traded him recently so I kinda screwed myself on that one)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)