Other Metagames Teambuilding Shop

Ok. The loss of activity is on me. I still want to keep this going, and plan to get back into it. However, I am now willing to let others into the process. Fill out the form below and one of the teambuilding prompts and pm me it in three days or less, at which point I will review what I have and select some people to help out. Again, I apologize for all of this.

What metagames can you build for?

How often will you build teams?

Why should I pick you? (and anything else you want to tell me)
AAA: Magnet Pull Terrakion + Latios

Stabmons: Politoed + Kabutops

Tier Shift: Slowking + Rotom-C

Ok. The loss of activity is on me. I still want to keep this going, and plan to get back into it. However, I am now willing to let others into the process. Fill out the form below and one of the teambuilding prompts and pm me it in three days or less, at which point I will review what I have and select some people to help out. Again, I apologize for all of this.

:D Your coming back.

Well, I see that this may be misplaced hope. However, I realize that I like helping the community to the best of my ability via teambuilding. So I'll see what I can do for this.

2. Diggersby is not something that I worry about, as Scrafty is beast:
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 187-222 (58.6 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And my Scrafty can take an EQ after a Fa(g) out, and then,
252+ Atk Scrafty Flying Press vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Diggersby: 278-330 (89.1 - 105.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
I know it's not guaranteed, but After a nicely timed DD, it's guaranteed.

Callum (Scrafty) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flying Press
- Dark Void
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
You can't use Dark Void or Dragon Dance if you have an Assault Vest. Also, why Flying Press over something like Close Combat? And you need something to hit ghosts.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Oh. Yay. Well this is going to be fun, but if it's necessary I'll try.

2. Diggersby is not something that I worry about, as Scrafty is beast:
252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 187-222 (58.6 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And my Scrafty can take an EQ after a Fa(g) out, and then,
252+ Atk Scrafty Flying Press vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Diggersby: 278-330 (89.1 - 105.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
I know it's not guaranteed, but After a nicely timed DD, it's guaranteed.
Scrafty cannot switch in, though. It gets hit by EQ on the switch then gets KOed ?_? You can tank it sure, but not even OHKOing it is kinda lame. Why would you even run Flying Press? Also, AV u_u

Tier Shift request by FishInABox (does not have a smogon)
aesf: I can request them to build it on the teambuilding shop if you want
aesf: just give me the core you want
FishInABox: K i wanted to use Countercoat Wobbufett and some form of wish support or healing wish/lunar dance to remove counters to an offensive threat of his choice
aesf: ok

I talked with him a bit longer, and the one suggestion I could give him was to use Alomomola as a wish user, which he readily agreed to.

Anyways, tier shift is pretty much my worst tier, so there was no way I could build this for him/her. Plus, this thread has already gone a day without any posts, so I guess I might as well kick things off:

ugly imo^
So the concept for this core is pretty simple: Wobbuffet can handle threats that certain offense AND stall teams just can't handle normally; it puts in lots of work with encore/countercoat alone, despite the predictability. Alomomola is there to passes wishes to the rest of the team, but just as importantly, wobbuffet, whose achilles heel is its tendency to get worn down quickly. Overall: simple, but effective, and it seems like a fun concept to build around (or maybe it won't be as fun to build if you already have a wobbuffet team to recycle).

EV

Banned deucer.
STABmons

I'd like a team based on Setup Aegislash and Prankster Taunt Thundurus. The idea is for Thundurus to Taunt a lot of support/defensive Pokemon like Sableye, Chansey, and Skarmory, and Volt Switch out to Aegislash (unless they switch in something like Heatran or Diggersby) to setup with Shift Gear/Swords Dance. I want Aegislash to have the move Shadow Force, which causes a lot of switches, and a way to beat Normal-types that will try to absorb it. While these two offer some decent type synergy--Thundurus evades Ground and Aegislash shrugs off Ice and Rock--they still miss out against foes like Diggersby and Tyranitar with Sucker Punch.
I anxiously await your masterful teambuilding expertise.

hello
i would want a STABmons core team with a water spout keldeo and a shell smash stored power espeon
thx
they standard on gen 5 so i would likecto see them in gen 6 environment

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Balanced Hackmons

Registeel and Mega-Slowbro

This team isn't necessarily meant for stall (although I'm sure that it eventually will), just as a great check to -ate abusers. These 2 have great typing when paired with another, as Regi absorbs all of Slowbro's weaknesses, and Slowbro shrugs off all of Regi's weaknesses. Thank you for building this team for me.

Last edited:
Balanced Hackmons

Registeel and Fur Coat Mega-Slowbro

This team isn't necessarily meant for stall (although I'm sure that it eventually will), just as a great check to -ate abusers. The Slowbro needs to have Fur Coat as its ability, as that provides the counter for Physical moves. These 2 have great typing when paired with another, as Regi absorbs all of Slowbro's weaknesses, and Slowbro shrugs off all of Regi's weaknesses. Thank you for building this team for me.
Registeel + Mega Slowbro is a good core, but I really can't see why you would need to run Fur Coat. That's almost like running Fur Coat Mega Aggron.

The Eevee General

Before I introduce the team, I first want to clarify that I don't build STABmons often. It's an interesting concept overall, and nobody reserved it anyways:

Gonna keep things short here. Thundy's set was really just a fill in a blank thing, though twave can be used over focus miss. I use sub shift gear on Aegislash so that a) chansey can't transform into you, b) you can set up over stuff like chansey c) you're immune to topsy-turvy, and d) sub is just a nice move to have for setting up. Aero is a diggersby check that also happens to be a rock setter, switch-in to some physical attacks, and thundurus/talonflame check. Latios breaks walls with psystrike/spacial rend, and hits heatran on the switch with EQ, and is the team's main defogger. Espeon is a revenge killer that outruns many scarfers, collects momentum, and cripples walls with trick. Note that goth can be used in the slot, but you lose out on momentum.
Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- Oblivion Wing
- Focus Blast

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
- Substitute
- Shift Gear
- Shadow Force
- Sacred Sword

Diggersby @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Espeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Trick
- Baton Pass
- Dazzling Gleam

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psystrike
- Earthquake
- Spacial Rend
- Defog

I've played a few test battles, and it works pretty well for me, although espeon seems like the most replaceable atm. Hope it works well for you too!

Reactions: EV

EV

Banned deucer.
The Eevee General

Before I introduce the team, I first want to clarify that I don't build STABmons often. It's an interesting concept overall, and nobody reserved it anyways:

Gonna keep things short here. Thundy's set was really just a fill in a blank thing, though twave can be used over focus miss. I use sub shift gear on Aegislash so that a) chansey can't transform into you, b) you can set up over stuff like chansey c) you're immune to topsy-turvy, and d) sub is just a nice move to have for setting up. Aero is a diggersby check that also happens to be a rock setter, switch-in to some physical attacks, and thundurus/talonflame check. Latios breaks walls with psystrike/spacial rend, and hits heatran on the switch with EQ, and is the team's main defogger. Espeon is a revenge killer that outruns many scarfers, collects momentum, and cripples walls with trick. Note that goth can be used in the slot, but you lose out on momentum.
Thanks! I'll test it out and report my findings.

Ummm. This seems like a cool thread tbh. May i request a BH team based around mega rayaquaza.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Naughty Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Thousand Arrows

Well , I am bad at explaning. With the new leaks from ORAS we know Megas and primals bst's and this thing looks like a monster. with 180 base attack Stab aerilate extreme speed this will killl shit. E speed is there for priority and main stab. Swords dance for setting up, ks to take random Hits that you may not live and thousand arrws to hit steels, electrics and rocks as well as to trap shit and set up. Thank you for your time

Ummm. This seems like a cool thread tbh. May i request a BH team based around mega rayaquaza.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sky Plate
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Naughty Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Thousand Arrows

Well , I am bad at explaning. With the new leaks from ORAS we know Megas and primals bst's and this thing looks like a monster. with 180 base attack Stab aerilate extreme speed this will killl shit. E speed is there for priority and main stab. Swords dance for setting up, ks to take random Hits that you may not live and thousand arrws to hit steels, electrics and rocks as well as to trap shit and set up. Thank you for your time
reserved. i'm doing this

Okay, so I have not been as active as usual. I have been wondering, though, about how a certain set would work out in STABmons: Pursuit Mandibuzz, Sableye and Chansey. I.E. this is a STABmons stall team I am asking for. The latter two are standard on STABmons stall, and shouldn't need an explanation. However, Pursuit Mandibuzz seems stupid. The idea is that it constantly wears down the opponents team in the form of hazards and status while using pursuit to punish the opponent's switches, which will inevitably happen with stall.

I know I don't have sprites on this post, because I don't really want to wait 9,000 years to get this team because the PC I am on is incredibly slow. If I can get them though, I will edit this post and add them on.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
BH

Hi, I was wondering if you could build me a team based around a Magnet Pull pokemon and an -ate pokemon please? Many counters to -ate spam are steel-types, so something with magnet pull could trap them and take them out. This would then allow the -ate pokemon to deal lots of damage to the opposing team, potentially allowing for a sweep. The pokemon themselves don't have to be Primal Groudon or Mega Rayquaza as it's more the abilities that define the core, I simply chose their sprites because I thought they would be good examples of pokemon which could pull off the abilities well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)