ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
are we going to be able to do level 100 battles on battlespot in the upcoming games? i dont like the fact that its only restricted to PSS battles.
Not that I have anything against lvl100, I'm sure people would be happy to have that. But is there a particular reason why you'd want lvl100 BSpots? I found lvl50 to be just fine but I realise that's just personal preference

EDIT: Yeah the prevalence of stall would be lowered, huh

Just an observation: they haven't really spoken about diving. It seems apparent that they'll be bringing it back, but they've mentioned nearly every other means of travel/exploration. Walking, biking, Mr Briney's boat, Flying with Mega Lati, surfing, just not diving. Why?

This teasing is somehow keeping me on the edge of my seat more than the lack of confirmation about the battle tower/frontier

EDIT: NEED MORE BEAUTIFUL SCREENSHOTS
I wonder if the Wailmer sprite for diving is the only one we get? My guess is an unfortunate yes, my Swampert will magically transform into a Wailmer on surf/dive but I can dream :(

Speaking of dream move tutors... Everyone who can Focus Blast now gets a move tutor for Aura Sphere. Best tutor ever.

I was taking a second look to the Gym Leader's updated artwork. I like how Roxanne really looks like a teacher telling their students to be quiet or pay attention.

But I don't like Brawly's new teenage looks. He seemed to be in his twenties in RSE, but now he looks 10 years younger.

I don't like Wattson's shirt either. He's cheery alright, but why a floral shirt? I think the problem I have with him is the same I have with Brawly: Gym leaders are supposed to be authorities and somewhat serious and while there are young and easygoing Gym Leaders (like Wattson himself and Flannery), when you compare them to the origibnals, Brawly and Wattson's new artwork sort of moved away from that ideal and became a bit more childish, which is a step down in my opinion, though.

Flannery looks great. It's nice how her new artwork captures some of her personality.

Norman looks somehow younger than in RSE which isn't good for a character supposed to be your father. But what really annoys me are those sandals. Really dad, being a Gym Leader is your work and you doesn't even care put your shoes on?!

Haha, looks like I only have a problem with male Gym Leaders (The fact I didn't like Sidney's new artwork but liked Phoebe's kind of confirms that xD). And it's not because they look bad, but because their new artworks are somehow worse than the originals. They still look good in general, though.

We've only seen about half of the Gym Leaders and the E4, but I'm already loving their 3D designs. Some major NPCs haven't been revealed yet but I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy battling Glacia and Drake.

I'm also getting curious about how certain places would look in 3D; the Safari Zone, Shoal Cave, Gyms in the later game, and possibly Space. Can some parts of the game be open to the 3D function of the console? And if not, would Phil the Photo Guy or some reincarnation of him make a return so that we can use the camera feature again? Maybe an improved version where we can rotate the camera in any direction. I'm going to try to flash the Zubats on the ceiling of Meteor Falls.

However, I'm understanding that we might be losing out on some of the old aspects of the overworld like the Trick House, random spots to plant Berries, and the Mirage Tower. Losing these gems would not be terribly bad, especially if they cut out Trainer Hill in favor of the Battle Frontier, but it would be nice if they kept true to the original games.

Which reminds me,
R.I.P. my humble, blue sanctuary

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I dont think this was posted but

Footage of Primal Groudon (and Kyogre) in a Link Battle.

It seems like, based on the timers and the lack of Drought activation, Primal Reversion is automatic (like I predicted a little while back).

Since Primal Groudon transforms before move selection, it won't have to go through turn order > speed stat on the turn it transforms. From there it seems like Groudon didnt get any faster, due to it being slower than Kingdra.

Also Groudon straight up oneshots both Starmie and Kingdra with Precipice Blades in a Double Battle...

please dont be a hyper beam clone

Last edited:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12

Footage of Primal Groudon in a Link Battle.

It seems like, based on the timers and the lack of Drought activation, Primal Reversion is automatic (like I predicted a little while back).
Also Groudon straight up oneshots both Starmie and Kingdra with Precipice Blades in a Double Battle...
Oh my god, those Primal animations...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I was taking a second look to the Gym Leader's updated artwork. I like how Roxanne really looks like a teacher telling their students to be quiet or pay attention.

But I don't like Brawly's new teenage looks. He seemed to be in his twenties in RSE, but now he looks 10 years younger.

I don't like Wattson's shirt either. He's cheery alright, but why a floral shirt? I think the problem I have with him is the same I have with Brawly: Gym leaders are supposed to be authorities and somewhat serious and while there are young and easygoing Gym Leaders (like Wattson himself and Flannery), when you compare them to the origibnals, Brawly and Wattson's new artwork sort of moved away from that ideal and became a bit more childish, which is a step down in my opinion, though.

Flannery looks great. It's nice how her new artwork captures some of her personality.

Norman looks somehow younger than in RSE which isn't good for a character supposed to be your father. But what really annoys me are those sandals. Really dad, being a Gym Leader is your work and you doesn't even care put your shoes on?!

Haha, looks like I only have a problem with male Gym Leaders (The fact I didn't like Sidney's new artwork but liked Phoebe's kind of confirms that xD). And it's not because they look bad, but because their new artworks are somehow worse than the originals. They still look good in general, though.
Roxanne: I always took Roxanne has being some kind of honor student rather then a teacher, especially this version of her which looks younger. The interesting part about Roxanne's design I find is the color scheme. In her original artwork they used a navy blue for her dress which blended nicely with her bright magenta stockings, tie, and bow(?). However her redesign gave her a grey dress which now makes the magenta pop out. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not, on one hand you're eyes immediately go to the magenta parts of her clothes but on the other hand it oddly gives the character some sort of energy to her, going along with her younger appearance to show she has vigor while her grey clothes show she's also down to earth and educated.

Brawly: I was a bit confused about Brawly in Gen III. So he's a surfer dude, yet he trains Fighting-types (later further compounded by us getting a lucha libre wrestler who trains Water-types)? I mean he is built, but I couldn't get past the surfer dude part. I feel that the new artwork does a good job showing that she's more of an athlete now then a surfer, mainly due to the pose and wearing gloves meant for brawling. Like with a few other of the Gym Leaders they look like they de-aged him but I don't think its such a big deal. Sure this does mean he looks leaner then muscular but I think the additional athletic attributes more then makes up the missing muscle mass he had when he was just a surfer dude (though he still has aspects of that design like goggles and a skin tight clothes). Of course I still have no idea what are up with those shoes, why do they have "foot with toes" design? It kind of looks like his foot has hardened into a black mound with orange toenails.

Wattson: Looks like they're more focusing on the fact that Wattson is a retired soldier and thought the best way to do that was give him a camo floral shirt with lightning bolts. Okay? To me it's just really odd though at least he's still the happy, jolly old man we knew him from Gen III. Also, once again, look at his feet. There's a screw bolt going right through his foot! Joking aside, I do have to ask something about his military service. What was he? In the original artwork he was wearing an aviator's jacket which at the time, similarly to Brawly, I thought was odd since he's an Electric-type Gym Leader. Him wearing that yellow jumpsuit in his redesign now makes him look like he could have been some kind of mechanic which makes a bit more sense him being Electric-type. He doesn't look any less threatening, I mean he's a jolly old man who laughs all the time, even with the aviator jacket I didn't feel intimidated by the guy.

Flannery: ALL the fetishes. Well, maybe not all of them, but they did have her expose more skin by having her wear just a fire-themed bra and a piece of black clothing tied around her to look like a shorter crop top. Also is she wearing a twisted up towel as a belt? Anyway I do like the design, her clothes has the sort of thrown together look that shows she's not afraid to release some feisty fiery fury. Of course I still have no idea what Flannery is suppose to be which has been a bit of my problem with her. Is she suppose to be some kind of rocker/groupie chick? A rebellious teenager?

Norman: While Roxanne, Brawly, and Flannery don't suffer that much from being de-aged, Norman does. He's suppose to be your dad (a father of someoe who's at least 10) yet looks like a young adult! His haircut also looks odd, it worked when his design looked older but now it just looks off on a younger looking one. And that stern look makes him look more angry and/or disappointed than in his older design which looks like he's expecting you to give it your all. As for the sandals, yeah its sort of odd for him to have them. He's suppose to be very fit, apparently running 1000 miles to and from the Gym and home, but those sandals look like traditional Japanese sandals and they can't be comfortable to run a long distance in.

Aside from Norman I generally like what they done with the Gym Leaders and Elite Four we've been shown (they're different, sure, but at the same time they don't completely re-haul the character). Norman however they made look too young and don't get me started on some of the redesigns they did to Team Aqua and Magma (don't get me wrong, I like that they're expanding on their stories but just some design changes I don't like but they changed a bit too much).

We've only seen about half of the Gym Leaders and the E4, but I'm already loving their 3D designs. Some major NPCs haven't been revealed yet but I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy battling Glacia and Drake.

I'm also getting curious about how certain places would look in 3D; the Safari Zone, Shoal Cave, Gyms in the later game, and possibly Space. Can some parts of the game be open to the 3D function of the console? And if not, would Phil the Photo Guy or some reincarnation of him make a return so that we can use the camera feature again? Maybe an improved version where we can rotate the camera in any direction. I'm going to try to flash the Zubats on the ceiling of Meteor Falls.

However, I'm understanding that we might be losing out on some of the old aspects of the overworld like the Trick House, random spots to plant Berries, and the Mirage Tower. Losing these gems would not be terribly bad, especially if they cut out Trainer Hill in favor of the Battle Frontier, but it would be nice if they kept true to the original games.

Which reminds me,
R.I.P. my humble, blue sanctuary
We already know how some of the Gyms look and I like what I've seen of them so far. Roxanne's looks great as it may be the same puzzle but they really did their best to look interesting having it be some kind of archeology museum. They changes Brawly to looking like a literal gym which makes a bit more sense but I do wonder why his new puzzle works. Flannery still has the same puzzle but now they made it a bit more logical (in the original you were shooting up from sand which was somehow suspended in air, now it's just trap doors complete with a comedic falling animation, lol). Wattson Gym looks to be the same kind of puzzle yet changed, the electricity is also different colors which is nice to look at. Petalburg Gym is the same, and sadly I think they could have done something with that if they made it 3D. Finally we did get a small glimpse of Mossdeep (Tate & Liza's) Gym and it looks like it's completely different with you sliding on orbs of psychic energy (of course it could just be their old RS puzzle with a new coat of paint, but hey I ain't complaining as it looks nice). So I'm hoping they also apply the same amount of work on the Safari Zone (if it still exists) and Shoal Cave (it looks like they did a wonderful job with Meteor Falls).

As for some locations being 3D? Hmm, well going by the places XY had in 3D I can see places like Petalburg Woods, Rusturf Tunnel, Granite Cave, Abandoned Ship, New Mauville, Fiery Path, Meteor Falls, and Shoal Cave being in 3D. And Space? We never went into space, that was just a wild rumor. :P

Being able to take pictures would be nice, it was a fun feature to have and had a surprising amount of customization.

Looked at the ORAS Map, Trick House is still there. No Berry Planting spot, from what it looks like they're turning the Berry Master's house into another Berry Fields (which stinks as you won't be able have access to it early game, but at least you don't need to remember where you planted all your berries). And Mirage Tower also looks gone (along with Trainer Hill). Looks like they're just focusing on what was in RS because why would we want all the neat things that were also in Emerald *sigh*. HOWEVER where the Battle Frontier is is covered with clouds, that has to mean something, right?

Also, don't count PokeMarts gone yet. According to the map, they look like they're back. ;)

Here's the map I'm looking at, BTW:

Footage of Primal Groudon (and Kyogre) in a Link Battle.

Since Primal Groudon transforms before move selection, it won't have to go through turn order > speed stat on the turn it transforms. From there it seems like Groudon didnt get any faster, due to it being slower than Kingdra.

please dont be a hyper beam clone
That is an interesting observation. Now I don't see why you would never want them to evolve first turn, but being forced to Mega Evolve first thing could play a factor of using them? Like if they both can overwrite the other's Primal Ability, you can't wait for one to Primal Evolve and then have your's Primal Evolve to overwrite their weather.

OTHER THOUGHTS:

All this talk of characters got me thinking of a certain mystery character. On Route 111 there's an optional string of battles against a family called the Winstrates. They're easy enough to beat but you're told that there's a son of the family who's the strongest one of them all. Now this is early in the game, and you pretty much go through the rest of the game without encountering this 5th family member. That is until Victory Road... where he's just another Ace Trainer which you can actually skip (and he's not that much stronger than other trainers). It's a bit of a let down, but do you think there's a possibility they could maybe do more with the character or the Winstates in general?

I'e just ran some calcs... Primal Groudon would need to have 190 attack and a 131+bp move to OHKO both Kingdra and Starmie assuming they all have max stats and evs.

Roxanne: I always took Roxanne has being some kind of honor student rather then a teacher, especially this version of her which looks younger. The interesting part about Roxanne's design I find is the color scheme. In her original artwork they used a navy blue for her dress which blended nicely with her bright magenta stockings, tie, and bow(?). However her redesign gave her a grey dress which now makes the magenta pop out. I don't know whether that's a good thing or not, on one hand you're eyes immediately go to the magenta parts of her clothes but on the other hand it oddly gives the character some sort of energy to her, going along with her younger appearance to show she has vigor while her grey clothes show she's also down to earth and educated.

Brawly: I was a bit confused about Brawly in Gen III. So he's a surfer dude, yet he trains Fighting-types (later further compounded by us getting a lucha libre wrestler who trains Water-types)? I mean he is built, but I couldn't get past the surfer dude part. I feel that the new artwork does a good job showing that she's more of an athlete now then a surfer, mainly due to the pose and wearing gloves meant for brawling. Like with a few other of the Gym Leaders they look like they de-aged him but I don't think its such a big deal. Sure this does mean he looks leaner then muscular but I think the additional athletic attributes more then makes up the missing muscle mass he had when he was just a surfer dude (though he still has aspects of that design like goggles and a skin tight clothes). Of course I still have no idea what are up with those shoes, why do they have "foot with toes" design? It kind of looks like his foot has hardened into a black mound with orange toenails.

Wattson: Looks like they're more focusing on the fact that Wattson is a retired soldier and thought the best way to do that was give him a camo floral shirt with lightning bolts. Okay? To me it's just really odd though at least he's still the happy, jolly old man we knew him from Gen III. Also, once again, look at his feet. There's a screw bolt going right through his foot! Joking aside, I do have to ask something about his military service. What was he? In the original artwork he was wearing an aviator's jacket which at the time, similarly to Brawly, I thought was odd since he's an Electric-type Gym Leader. Him wearing that yellow jumpsuit in his redesign now makes him look like he could have been some kind of mechanic which makes a bit more sense him being Electric-type. He doesn't look any less threatening, I mean he's a jolly old man who laughs all the time, even with the aviator jacket I didn't feel intimidated by the guy.

Flannery: ALL the fetishes. Well, maybe not all of them, but they did have her expose more skin by having her wear just a fire-themed bra and a piece of black clothing tied around her to look like a shorter crop top. Also is she wearing a twisted up towel as a belt? Anyway I do like the design, her clothes has the sort of thrown together look that shows she's not afraid to release some feisty fiery fury. Of course I still have no idea what Flannery is suppose to be which has been a bit of my problem with her. Is she suppose to be some kind of rocker/groupie chick? A rebellious teenager?

Norman: While Roxanne, Brawly, and Flannery don't suffer that much from being de-aged, Norman does. He's suppose to be your dad (a father of someoe who's at least 10) yet looks like a young adult! His haircut also looks odd, it worked when his design looked older but now it just looks off on a younger looking one. And that stern look makes him look more angry and/or disappointed than in his older design which looks like he's expecting you to give it your all. As for the sandals, yeah its sort of odd for him to have them. He's suppose to be very fit, apparently running 1000 miles to and from the Gym and home, but those sandals look like traditional Japanese sandals and they can't be comfortable to run a long distance in.

Aside from Norman I generally like what they done with the Gym Leaders and Elite Four we've been shown (they're different, sure, but at the same time they don't completely re-haul the character). Norman however they made look too young and don't get me started on some of the redesigns they did to Team Aqua and Magma (don't get me wrong, I like that they're expanding on their stories but just some design changes I don't like but they changed a bit too much).

As for some locations being 3D? Hmm, well going by the places XY had in 3D I can see places like Petalburg Woods, Rusturf Tunnel, Granite Cave, Abandoned Ship, New Mauville, Fiery Path, Meteor Falls, and Shoal Cave being in 3D. And Space? We never went into space, that was just a wild rumor. :P

Also, don't count PokeMarts gone yet. According to the map, they look like they're back.
...what?

Roxanne: She always has and always will look like an honors student whose uniform is up to date with modern anime schoolgirl chic.
Brawly: He's wearing a wetshirt, his pants are designed to resemble swim trunks and he's wearing grip shoes. Surfer --> Super Surfer
Wattson: I always took him to be the hardy old engineer type. He was never in the military, he just used to dress like a mechanic who's fashion froze in the 1940's. Now he dresses like an old guy who deserves to look like an old guy. He founded a city and oversaw the construction of its power grid, I think he's earned the right to buy crappy floral prints from Tommy Bahama without everyone's judgement.
Flannery: Bras don't look like that anywhere ever. That's just a decorative croptop. Have you never been to Spring Break??! As far as her personality goes, just imagine Marceline the Vampire Queen as a yandere(and swap out the musical talent for battling prowess).
Norman: I never thought about it, but it's a genius idea having your dad as this middle-of-the-road character who also comes with an emphasis on balance. In the fluff, your family moved to the Hoenn region from Johto, which explains so much more of his character. The Balance badge, the tatami floors, the inspirational scrolls, even the fact that he uses Normal types. Johto is a land deeply rooted in its history, and Norman is a very traditional man. To me, he looks more like Mr. Miyagi in his 30's.

As for "3D", there was only maybe four places in XY that didn't have a continuous ranged birds eye view, and that's Lumiose City,plus the second, fourth and seventh gyms, if that's what you're talking about. You can't really call that specifically 3D though, since the whole game will be in 3D, which was probably where Rilan was coming from: just wondering how everything would look remastered in 3D space.

Also, there were some screenshots from a few months back that showed us the Hoenn region believes in separation of center and mart.

Last edited:

From there it seems like Groudon didnt get any faster, due to it being slower than Kingdra.
Groudon is Base 90 speed and Kingdra is base 85 speed, so Groudon got slower after going Primal or Kingdra is invested in speed.

I don't know Japanese so I don't know if Starmie and Kingdra moved before Primal Groudon but I don't know if there was a problem in turn order except with Starmie.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Flannery: Bras don't look like that anywhere ever. That's just a decorative croptop. Have you never been to Spring Break??! As far as her personality goes, just imagine Marceline the Vampire Queen as a yandere(and swap out the musical talent for battling prowess).
How is she a Yandere?

Here's TV Trope's Laconic of what a Yandere is:
"This person's crazy about you. Often literally."

She doesn't really fit that description :/

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
...what?

Roxanne: She always has and always will look like an honors student whose uniform is up to date with modern anime schoolgirl chic.
Brawly: He's wearing a wetshirt, his pants are designed to resemble swim trunks and he's wearing grip shoes. Surfer --> Super Surfer
Wattson: I always took him to be the hardy old engineer type. He was never in the military, he just used to dress like a mechanic who's fashion froze in the 1940's. Now he dresses like an old guy who deserves to look like an old guy. He founded a city and oversaw the construction of its power grid, I think he's earned the right to buy crappy floral prints from Tommy Bahama without everyone's judgement.
Norman: I never thought about it, but it's a genius idea having your dad as this middle-of-the-road character who also comes with an emphasis on balance. In the fluff, your family moved to the Hoenn region from Johto, which explains so much more of his character. The Balance badge, the tatami floors, the inspirational scrolls, even the fact that he uses Normal types. Johto is a land deeply rooted in its history, and Norman is a very traditional man. To me, he looks more like Mr. Miyagi in his 30's.

As for "3D", there was only maybe four places in XY that didn't have a continuous ranged birds eye view, and that's Lumiose City,plus the second, fourth and seventh gyms, if that's what you're talking about. You can't really call that specifically 3D though, since the whole game will be in 3D, which was probably where Rilan was coming from: just wondering how everything would look remastered in 3D space.

Also, there were some screenshots from a few months back that showed us the Hoenn region believes in separation of center and mart.
Roxanne: Yeah, I said she was an honor student.
Brawly: Very true, he did become a super surfer of sorts though they did add in some Fighting-type elements to his design. Even if its is just the pose (and turning his Gym into, well, a workout Gym).
Wattson: I remember reading somewhere that all Electric-type Gyms Leader up till Gen V were based off soldiers. Lt. Surge is obvious, Wattson was said to wear an aviator's jacket, and Volkner uniform was said to resemble some foreign military uniform, I forgot which.
Flannery: I'm just trying to describe her odd clothes, I'm not a clothing expert. And despite the attitude she's showing, Flannery actually has a sort of inferiority problem. She's a new Gym Leader so is inexperienced and you see this as in the game as she tries acting in charge but keeps messing up her speech. Once you beat her she realizes she should just act natural. I have no idea what you mean by her being a Yandere. Unless you mean she's a Tsundere but even then that's not right as a Tsundere is someone who switches from being kind & sweet and mean & rude at the drop of a hat. Misty is a good example of a Yandere, at least in the anime but its there in the games too.

When I say "3D" I mean when the game uses the actual 3D gimmick. In XY there's the Glittering Cave, Reflection Cave, inside the Kalos Power Plant, and I think there were a few other places.

EDIT: Corrected a term mistake.

Last edited:

Wait, did I miss something? Because I watched the video twice and didn't see either Starmie or Kingdra moving. Groudon just devolved and outright OHKOd them. Maybe they used Rain Dance and it just showed the message "there's no relief from the harh sunlight" and I couldn't tell because it was in Japanese, but the only mon that I saw using a move was Groudon.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Kingdra used Hydro Pump before Groudon made a move (which obviously failed due to the extremely harsh sunlight). Starmie didn't make a move but it's very likely that it made a move beforehand (and also failed), based on the ingame timers.

In the second part of the clip, Blaziken tried to Overheat in the heavy rain and failed, then Kyogre retaliated with Origin Pulse, OHKOing it and Hariyama.

Demo is literally out tomorrow and still no news on how to get the demo for the US.
We of the rest of the world laugh at you yankees as you squirm in pain.

Talking of said demo, it says you have to play it every day for the 'something special' to happen, right? Every day until... when? ORAS' release?

Kingdra used Hydro Pump before Groudon made a move (which obviously failed due to the extremely harsh sunlight). Starmie didn't make a move but it's very likely that it made a move beforehand (and also failed), based on the ingame timers.

In the second part of the clip, Blaziken tried to Overheat in the heavy rain and failed, then Kyogre retaliated with Origin Pulse, OHKOing it and Hariyama.
So that would mean for sure that either Primal Groudon lost Speed after the regresion or Kingdra invested in speed. (if we take i'vs and nature are the same).

I also wouldn't discard Game Freak or the person in charge doing a weird spread to make it confusing or all pokemon have a random nature, Iv's etc.

What do you think it's the case? I have doubts between those options I mentioned here.

Edit: In the first scenario Kingdra didn't have perfect Iv's in Hp and Starmie had them perfect apparently.
In the second scenario both Blaziken and Hariyama had Hp investment to some degree with Ev's because they can get that with only perfect Hp Iv's.

Last edited:
So that would mean for sure that either Primal Groudon lost Speed after the regresion or Kingdra invested in speed. (if we take i'vs and nature are the same).

I also wouldn't discard Game Freak or the person in charge doing a weird spread to make it confusing or all pokemon have a random nature, Iv's etc.

What do you think it's the case? I have doubts between those options I mentioned here.
I'd suggest that Primal Groudon's speed isn't lowered, but they gave it's opponents some way to make it faster - EVs, IVs, Nature, Choice Scarf, whatever - so they could show off that their water moves wouldn't do anything in Harsh Sunlight.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I checked my Trainer Club account, and I didn't specifically have "opt in" activated, but I still received the newsletters for August and September. As long as you have an account (either from VGC or Global Link), you should be good to go.

It seems like they always send out the letter near the end of the third week of the month. This means we should get the codes between Wednesday and Friday this week.

Check out serebii, guys. News about the US demo have finally come out.
In the Pokemon Spanish YT channel a few minutes ago they posted the new video, shows Latios/Latias joining the team/party when the trainer is in company of the Champion without a wild battle aparently.

Also when ultra flying, black clouds lead to battles against legendaries if decided to enter in them. It's possible to do a Barrel roll when ultra flying.

Serebii said:
On the Global Link, there will be a special ORAS League. In this league, you can use only Pokémon that you can catch during regular gameplay, hatch from an Egg, obtain within the game, or that were officially gifted in either Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. In the XY League, ou can battle using Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. You can use any Pokémon you caught in those games, as well as any Pokémon brought to your game using the Nintendo 3DS downloadable software Poké Transporter.
The special battle rules for Season 7, the first season following the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, have been decided! All battles will be Double Battles, and will feature Pokémon listed in the Hoenn Regional Pokédex in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (some Pokémon excluded)!
The DexNav in the PokéNav Plus has a search level as you find Pokémon. As this Level increases, you can find Pokémon with Hidden Abilities & Rare moves. You can even mark Pokémon in the area that you have seen and haven't seen.
In the AreaNav, there is also tracking of Pokémon locations, as well as the return of the Trainer's Eyes and the ability to keep track of Secret Bases and Berries
Buzz Nav has information such as television shows, and you can even receive information for it with StreetPass
The PlayNav retains all features of the PSS, Super Training and Pokémon Amie
Trainer's Eyes confirmed for those of you that thought it wouldn't be back for some reason

Flannery: I'm just trying to describe her odd clothes, I'm not a clothing expert. And despite the attitude she's showing, Flannery actually has a sort of inferiority problem. She's a new Gym Leader so is inexperienced and you see this as in the game as she tries acting in charge but keeps messing up her speech. Once you beat her she realizes she should just act natural. I have no idea what you mean by her being a Yandere. Unless you mean she's a Tsundere but even then that's not right as a Tsundere is someone who switches from being kind & sweet and mean & rude at the drop of a hat. Misty is a good example of a Yandere, at least in the anime but its there in the games too.
How is she a Yandere?

Here's TV Trope's Laconic of what a Yandere is:
"This person's crazy about you. Often literally."

She doesn't really fit that description :/
She's definitely crazed. But she's also really just a trainer, she doesn't have an outside occupation or easily idetifiable personality trait.
Which was more of what I was reacting to, when it was asked if she was supposed to be a rocker girl.
(and to go slightly off-topic, it's not unheard of to have a yandere who has an inferiority complex that may or may not involve the main character/target of her batshit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)