Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I don't see why people like Project M so much, Melee wasn't any better than Brawl
Don't kid yourself here, even Sakurai thinks Melee is the best game he ever made.

He even admitted to hating the results of his design decisions from making a game with such a wide skill gap in it, and still knows it was his best work, and to be honest, most of the community agrees that it is for good reason. Melee was great, and Brawl was kind of a letdown.

:3

...Anyway, so how are you folks doing with the custom move collecting? I'm currently at 73, with almost all of my favorite character's moves (Kirby), the only one I'm missing is his Up 3, which I heard is the best one.

I've been playing Smash Run and Trophy Rush as Kirby constantly in order to get those moves, but now I'm mostly getting Kirby repeats or new moves for other characters, which is ok, I guess.

After I get the last Kirby special I'm moving to Jigglypuff, since I have fallen in love with playing as her in this game, and I need that Hyper Voice!

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
...Anyway, so how are you folks doing with the custom move collecting? I'm currently at 73, with almost all of my favorite character's moves (Kirby), the only one I'm missing is his Up 3, which I heard is the best one.

I've been playing Smash Run and Trophy Rush as Kirby constantly in order to get those moves, but now I'm mostly getting Kirby repeats or new moves for other characters, which is ok, I guess.

After I get the last Kirby special I'm moving to Jigglypuff, since I have fallen in love with playing as her in this game, and I need that Hyper Voice!
I've got like half of them so far, it's easiest to grind them in classic

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Only 41 more custom moves left and only 6 more trophies.

As fewer are left to get it becomes painfully slow just to unlock one. It takes several trophy rushes to find anything new. I like having to unlock a lot of stuff but I hate having to rely on so much random chance.

e:

Last edited:
Why couldn't you just buy customs with play coins, I have over a thousand of those sitting and waiting for a game where they're actually useful.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pic of the day. Now here's a challenge… Find Stalfos!! (Difficulty Level 3) This is a close-up of a specific area in the Trophy Hoard, but the search will be more challenging if you zoom out. You can change the alignment of these trophies by holding down a direction on the +Control Pad while you're entering Trophy Hoard.
That awkward moment where you don't know who Stalfos is.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I meant that talking about wii fit trainer. ZSS is a totally different story then most.
Idk much about her since I don't like her, but I don't have trouble KOing with other fast characters like Greninja or Lucario either

Wii Fit Trainer doesn't really play like the other agile lightweights, she is much more reactive than proactive, this results in less moves to get kills aggressively, but good wiff punishes and gimping tools like the Header.

She does seem to have better reach than the furries though. Good posture and some sunlight goes a long way:)

As for custom specials, I got the 200 milestone earlier today! With 48 characters and 8 non-standard specials, that would make 384 total although I'm not sure if all of those have to be unlocked or not.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For an achievement and trophy you need all the customs (I ended up hammering it to finish the trophies earlier because the customs take much longer to unlock). I'm currently at 366 and each new custom is like a gift from heaven.

It really shouldn't continue to give you customs you've already unlocked. At the very least, it should prevent you from re-earning customs for characters you've already obtained all the custom moves for.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Idk much about her since I don't like her, but I don't have trouble KOing with other fast characters like Greninja or Lucario either
Uh, Lucario isn't fast (he's not slow, but calling him fast is overdoing it a bit imo) and he has trouble KOing when he's at a low damage percentage.

I should really get back to trying to unlock custom specials. I actually got one of Mario's through Target Blast of all things (not the challenge one either!) though it would have been better if it was of a character I'm terrible with like Peach or Jigglypuff

Been working some more online and really liking Shulk and Lucario 1v1. That said, Rosalina is absolutely stupid. Anytime you face a good Rosalina player, you're handicapped. Who you pick isn't the root of the problem It's that you're essentially 2v1 thanks to Luma and her air moves all have stupid high priority. I faced one earlier and tried pretty much everything against her. Tried speed, power, defense, balance, vertical. Nothing worked (Luke, Shulk, Greninja, ZSS, Bowser, Falcon...) Hoping that we'll discover ways of reliably handling her as the game progresses, but as it stands right now, I hate facing her.

I consider myself p good with Rosalina and fighting against other Rosalinas, and I can say the #1 way of dealing with me/them is killing Luma. Luma is INCREDIBLY easy to force into helpless fall, and from there it's just a quick tap off the stage that the Rosalina player can do nothing about. It works if they are separated, but it even works when they are together because Luma doesn't shield/roll properly if you attack Rosalina.

From there, as long as you stay in Rosalina's face, she has no great spacing options (except her dash attack) and you should have an easy path dealing with her until Luma comes back up. Then just rinse and repeat.

the thing i dislike the most about the luma is that if you don't hit it enough, or hit it with a strong enough attack or something like that (i haven't gone out of my way to look up much information about it) then it will sometimes just sit there and tank your hits and then often hit you back, which tends to catch me off guard quite a bit, so it feels like it's at risk less than you'd think. it is very vulnerable and basically guaranteed to die if it ends up offstage though. however it also takes like 10 seconds to respawn which i feel is far too short.

also, has anyone had any luck with meta knight? i've mostly been using random characters and when i checked out my stats he was the one i lost with the most. he just feels awful in this game, his range has been nerfed heavily and you have to hit the opponent so many times to rack up damage. i do occasionally get an easy edgeguard against characters with bad recoveries but there aren't a whole lot of those in this smash.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I've only had one rosalina mirror in about 300~ matches so far, but I agree with what Killah said, that does seem like the best way to go about defeating rosalina. Been trying to find a secondary character but everyone seems so meh after playing rosalina a lot since launch.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
I've had the most success with Fox over Rosalina; lasers put pressure on Luma, making it die pretty fast (if she uses down special it opens her up); Fox's speed allows him to get past Luma pretty fast; and the Reflector can fuck with Luma Shot if your reactions are fast enough.

For some reason, I find myself liking Pacman the best so far; sure Little Mac is openly more broken, but I find myself committing suicide with his side B a lot >.>

Pacman seems decently well rounded, and unlike Mario doesn't tend to suck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)