ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Yay @ Mega Glalie
Finally another ice Mega.

Wishing for Mega Froslass and Walrein too.

EDIT: Looked at M-Glalie's official art... WTF?????? That's one messed design, man.

Last edited:
Hmm... this could mean Egg Moves, and I guess it probably will mean egg moves, tutor moves and late level-up moves in most instances, but I can't help but think we'll see some movepool expansions with this mechanic too. All in all, I'm excited.
I don't think those are eggmoves, we can get them by breeding it will be more of the style Extreeme speed Zigzagoon as an example or wish Chansey. Otherwise they won't have anything special.

I don't those are eggmoves we can get them by Breeding it will be more of the style Extreeme speed Zigzagoon as an example or wish Chansey. Otherwise they won't have anything special.
A lot of Gen 5's Dream World 'exclusive moves' were either obtainable by Breeding or Gen 4 Tutoring. So there's precedent for special moves not... being that special, especially considering how many pokémon we should be getting through this.

Also, the argument for Mega Latios and Mega Latias being the exact same is that they're supposed to return to a point where they were perfect Aeons, right?
according to the website...
mega latios is 7'07'' and 154.3 lbs.
mega latias is 5'11'' and 114.6 lbs.

/me flips everything

Are there any more pics of M Glalie? I wanna see it better ç-ç
The new megas are all SO COOL, I WANNA CATCH THEM ALL.
Also, is the demo gonna be available for Brazil? I really hope so, but I dont think is happening...

Edit:Never mind about the pics, just saw them xD
Edit2: I hope steelix gets a good healing move ..

I'm going to hazard a guess, but those crystal-like rocks shooting out from Mega Steelix's body, could that be a small reference to the crystal onix?

Mega Steelix is a beautiful, beautiful behemoth. He looks like a shooting star...!
Glalie is an ice ogre, so it kinda makes sense that his MEvo would be even more of a horror.
(If you want to calculate Steelix's stats, we just need confirmation from a second person what the Steelix's nature is. Chances are it's fixed.)

Also, I know it was kind of skipped over in the new mega hype, but the official site confirms that you can fly on your Mega Lati mid-game. They have a story event where you team up with Steven to befriend your Lati to ensure that you can unlock their special flight method.

Here's some nightmare fuel guys

And also Mega Steelix looking rad af but seriously what the fuck is up with glalie
Are those fanworks or did the Japanese website upload those artworks?

Also, guys, please don't make the same mistake I made and google mega Glalie. If you think the official mega Glalie looks messed up, then you have no idea of what some fans have thought up...

I did three seconds of stat analysis:
A steelix at lv 40 with 110 hp has 0 HP ivs.
HP110
Atk=73
Def=165
SpAtk=49
SpDef=57
Spd=29
(Basic lv 40 steelix stats with 0ivs and 0 evs and a neutral nature)

It looks like that steelix in the pic may have some ivs in attack, defense and spdef...or his nature effects one of those...can somebody read japanese

Imma laugh if Mega Glalie gets Moody.
Mega Steelix looks really nice. I just hope it doesn't become too similar to Mega Aggron. shoulda gotten rock head, look at the size of it
I don't think we have to worry about that. Mega Steelix is getting Sand Force and a major Atk boost. Mega Aggron got Filter and a massive Def boost. They'll have different playstyles.

So GF has given us Mega Glalie and Mega Steelix. This is very interesting.

Glalie was never a very good Pokemon. Not only did its base stats suck, it was a huge pain to get. You had to go into Shoal Cave at the right time of day and get through the maze of caverns (while being assaulted by Golbats!) to reach the lowest part, where Snorunt would appear. But for a Pokemon that you had to go so far out of your way to catch, it frankly sucked. Not only did it take forever to evolve at level 42, but after evolution, its base stats, at 80/80/80/80/80/80, were terrible. Although it gets Crunch and Ice Beam, Glalie was a perfect example of a Pokemon that was doomed to be nothing more than dex fodder. Then generation IV introduced Froslass, an alternate evolution of Snorunt, which was the final nail in the coffin for Glalie as she does everything Glalie can do better. If I have to say something nice about Gen III Glalie, I can say that Glacia had two of the mutant... ice... face... things, which were sort of jokes.

Now we have Mega Glalie. If Charizard, Mawile, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, etc. are any indicators, a Mega could save Glalie from obscurity. But we know nothing about it other than its design, so... speculation time! Judging by Glalie's appearance, it looks like it might be Ice/Rock or Ice/Dark with Strong Jaw. This would suggest an increase in Attack, and Glalie has Ice Fang and Crunch to use with Strong Jaw. Ice/Dark seems more likely, since it doesn't have any Rock moves to use. Mega Glalie is pure Ice and has Refrigerate. That... makes absolutely no sense concerning its design, but whatever. I don't see Refrigerate being too useful, since Glalie's Normal-type movepool consists of... Return, Hyper Beam (lol), Giga Impact (lol), Round, and Explosion. I guess STAB Refrigerate-boosted Ice-type Explosion is pretty powerful, but still, it would take a fairly large Attack boost for it to matter.
*inb4 TrollFreak gives it no Attack and a ton of SpA*

As for Steelix, it has always been a bit of a fan favourite. Back in Gen II, it was a defensive titan, boasting a staggering 200 base Defense, not to mention its rocking (see what I did there?) design. But Steelix fell victim to the power creep, and its low HP and SDef made it unfavoured. It also had to compete with Skarmory, who had immunity to the omnipresent Earthquake, no weakness to Fighting, and reliable recovery in the form of Roost. Skarmory was used over Steelix as a defensive Steel-type, while Steelix fell into the lower tiers. In-game, until DPP, Skarmory could be used right off the bat when you caught it, while to get Steelix, you had to find a Metal Coat and someone to trade with.

And now we have Mega Steelix. First of all, its design is top-notch. Many of its Dex entries state how it is as hard as diamonds, and it looks like the spikes protruding from its body have become actual diamonds. Since its ability is Sand Force, it looks like Mega Steelix will become a bulky attacker instead of a physical wall. This is the kind of Mega I prefer, where the Pokemon's role in battle completely changes. As for the stats...

A Level 40 Steelix with 0 IVs, 0 EVs, and a neutral nature has stats of 110/73/165/49/57/29. The first Mega has stats of 114/107/170/52/82/31. Since the HP is different, we know that this Steelix has some IVs. The increases in Attack and SDef are big enough to suggest that Mega Steelix will get boosts to those stats. In the second picture, the stats are 110/111/197/51/81/39. We see the same boosts in Attack and SDef, but there is also a boost in Defense. Hmm...

EDIT: According to the pics posted above, Steelix does indeed get increases in Attack, Defense, and SDef.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
So GF has given us Mega Glalie and Mega Steelix. This is very interesting.

Glalie was never a very good Pokemon. Not only did its base stats suck, it was a huge pain to get. You had to go into Shoal Cave at the right time of day and get through the maze of caverns (while being assaulted by Golbats!) to reach the lowest part, where Snorunt would appear. But for a Pokemon that you had to go so far out of your way to catch, it frankly sucked. Not only did it take forever to evolve at level 42, but after evolution, its base stats, at 80/80/80/80/80/80, were terrible. Although it gets Crunch and Ice Beam, Glalie was a perfect example of a Pokemon that was doomed to be nothing more than dex fodder. Then generation IV introduced Froslass, an alternate evolution of Snorunt, which was the final nail in the coffin for Glalie as she does everything Glalie can do better. If I have to say something nice about Gen III Glalie, I can say that Glacia had two of the mutant... ice... face... things, which were sort of jokes.
Inb4 it gets 80/100/100/100/100/100
because troll freak.

Mega Steelix stats: 75/125/230/55/95/30 (0/+40/+30/0/+30/0)
Excellent! It could've only been better if it had gotten 60 Sp.Def instead of +30Def/Sp.Def but that's pretty cool too. No wasted points in Sp.Atk or Spe, so it'll have a potent Gyro Ball and TR potential. Also an awesome design. Good job, GF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)