ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to Serebii, M-Glalie gets Refrigerate. Does it get any good normal moves?
Refridgerate Explosion. Goodbye world. Other than that, the standard Return/Frustration, and Headbutt to abuse any Speed boost and flinches seem neat.

EDIT: assuming 120 Atk based on above post & calc...
  • 252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 244 HP / 28+ Def Gliscor: 1428-1680 (405.6 - 477.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 729-858 (113.5 - 133.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Badda Boom. With STAB and Refridgerate, that's an Explosion with about 498.75 base power.

After getting to see better images of the two new Megas, I need to comment on them:

Mega Steelix is one of the best designed Megas. It's almost beautiful while retaining the cool toughness of the original design. I can't wait to try it out.

Mega Glalie is just...terrifying. Now, I actually like it for that reason. It gives you the feeling that the last thing you will ever see is its gaping maw. Let's just hope it is decent as Glalie is a tad weak.

Oh, God...now that I can see Mega Glalie from behind do I realize that it is as if Glalie's jaw got unhinged or something O_O.

Steelix is one of my favorite Pokémon of all time, and I'm loving its Mega even more. It looks so badass! *o* I wish it had gotten something like Levitate. I mean, the thing's always in mid air!

Mega Glalie looks as painfully average stats-wise as one would have expected, but Refrigerate Explosion is CRAZY

It wishes it could use a Choice Scarf to become the greatest Dragon Slayer ever, though

So we have Mega Glalie, the Severed-Bearded-Viking-Head Pokemon, and Mega Steelix, the I-Tried-To-Eat-A-Kabutops'-Head-And-It-Got-Stuck Pokemon.

With such a great defensive typing that Steelix has, it looks like a great utility thing on Sand teams that don't need Excadrill (cough).

EDIT: Oh cool, post 666. DEVIL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)