Other ORAS Mega Speculation Thread (NO talk about potential bans NOR Aegislash)

Which is your favorite?

• Beedrill

Votes: 255 26.5%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 119 12.3%
  • Slowbro

Votes: 86 8.9%
  • Steelix

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 140 14.5%
  • Swampert

Votes: 120 12.4%
  • Sableye

Votes: 62 6.4%
  • Sharpedo

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Camerupt

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Altaria

Votes: 144 14.9%
  • Glalie

Votes: 79 8.2%
  • Salamence

Votes: 198 20.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 164 17.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Latios

Votes: 54 5.6%
  • Loppuny

Votes: 125 13.0%
  • Gallade

Votes: 148 15.4%
  • Audino

Votes: 30 3.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 74 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hype for mega sceptile to use with heatran nd az, dat fwg + dsf combo hnggg

also my preemptive ev spread for Scept is 136 Atk / 196 SAtk / 176 Spd with a Naive nature

lemme esplain

The 176 EVs let you outspeed Mega Manectric, which is sex

the 136 Atk EVs let you do this:

136 Atk Sceptile Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 340-400 (88.3 - 103.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

the rest are dumped in SAtk for shit like this:

196 SpA Sceptile Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 208-248 (59 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

196 SpA Sceptile Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 182-216 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

196 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Manectric: 267-315 (95 - 112%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

196 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Landorus: 297-351 (93.1 - 110%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

196 SpA Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 350-414 (87.2 - 103.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

196 SpA Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Garchomp: 372-438 (104.2 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

196 SpA Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 332-392 (111.7 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

136 Atk Sceptile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 316-372 (112.4 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (fuck you magnezone)

+1 196 SpA Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 262-309 (87.6 - 103.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (factoring in lightningrod)

Muh set:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 136 Atk / 196 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

^if this shit becomes standard yall niggas better give me credit ಠ_ಠ

Last edited:
As a quite sidenote, Mega Sceptile isn't required to run max speed. If you can stomach being outsped by Mega Manectric / Mega Zam / Mega Zero, you can run a +Atk or +SpA nature on Sceptile and still outpace positive base 126s and below, giving you much needed power. Just a thought.

Mega Swampert, though, is sure to be an absolute beast. At the absolute minimum, 108 speed EVs allows it to hit 203 speed, which doubles to 406 in rain and outspeeds everything relevant in OU. This allows it to invest the rest in bulk along with an attack stat of 438 (Adamant). It's Earthquake can 3HKO physically defensive Mega Venusaur, for example.

As a quite sidenote, Mega Sceptile isn't required to run max speed. If you can stomach being outsped by Mega Manectric / Mega Zam / Mega Zero, you can run a +Atk or +SpA nature on Sceptile and still outpace positive base 126s and below, giving you much needed power. Just a thought.

Mega Swampert, though, is sure to be an absolute beast. At the absolute minimum, 108 speed EVs allows it to hit 203 speed, which doubles to 406 in rain and outspeeds everything relevant in OU. This allows it to invest the rest in bulk along with an attack stat of 438 (Adamant). It's Earthquake can 3HKO physically defensive Mega Venusaur, for example.
define "much needed," bc you don't need max satk with a boosting nature to still have higher satk than mega manectric, and you outspeed, AND ohko every slower threat it needs to

edit: ah aight, gotcha

define "much needed," bc you don't need max satk with a boosting nature to still have higher satk than mega manectric, and you outspeed, AND ohko every slower threat it needs to
Sorry, I was talking more about using physical attacks, should there be those wanting to run something like SD / Leaf Blade / Earthquake / Dragon Claw.

EDIT: For the life of me I can't think of too many things that deal with MegaMence, defensively speaking, assuming a simple DD set.

Salamence@Salamite
Naive; 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Return
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

There really isn't much that can take this on. Rotom-W is a solid check, Heatran with an intact balloon can do it...can't come up with anything else. It's best shot at staying OU is if it doesn't get a speed boost, which allows it to be revenged by faster scarfers or priority. Of course, it could run a mixed set with or more. I wonder if lack of priority will be enough to hold it back.

I for one am really excited (read: hard) for Glalie. Even if it doesn't make OU, it has the great fortune of (nearly) unresisted coverage, AWESOME mixed stats, and an even better support move pool. Even with its mediocre bulk, being able to run both Physically-based and Specially-based mixed sets, as well as Spikes, AS WELL AS Taunt / Torment / Disable is huge with the base 100 speed. If that's not enough, this mofo can run Refrigerate Super Fang + Explosion. Let that sink in.

Turn 1: Glalie mega-evolves as your opponent switches out of the dumbass Garchomp or some shit expecting Ice Shard (strong af). You Super Fang and now WHATEVER they switched in is at 50% health.
Turn 2: Now that you've hit puberty and your dick (a.k.a. Atk) has ballooned to 120 inches, proceed to Explode the fuck out of there. Or be a smart guy and use that base 100 Speed to set up Spikes or Taunt the dumbass Skarmory or whatever shit they switched in thinking it was a fucking cake walk.
Turn 3: If you took the latter route, Explode the fuck out of there.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm ready for Big-Dick Glalie to fuck OU's pussy shit.

Glalie @ Glalie Mega Stone
Ability: Inner Focus (Moody? Or nah??)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Super Fang / Return
- Spikes / Ice Shard / Earthquake / Taunt

Or try and pull some OG shit with a mixed set and fuck up everyone's evening.

Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe or 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball / Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Super Fang / Explosion

Trapped in the Closet? Try "Trapped in the Refrigerator".

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Super Fang / Body Slam / Return
- Block / Taunt

Torment-Disable LITERALLY made me gay. Like, I'm so sprung rn.

Jolly Nature
- Body Slam / Super Fang
- Taunt
- Torment
- Disable

Glalie has me so hype right now. I know all of these won't be viable, and I know that they won't all be good. But I'm a little buzzed right now and idgaf.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
You missed some boosts, Mega Beedrill gets Attack and Speed, Mega Pidgeot gets Special Attack, Mega Slowbro gets Defense and Special Attack, Mega Gallade gets attack and speed, and Mega Altaria was never said

You missed some boosts, Mega Beedrill gets Attack and Speed, Mega Pidgeot gets Special Attack, Mega Slowbro gets Defense and Special Attack, Mega Gallade gets attack and speed, and Mega Altaria was never said
Mega Altaria is said to have increased offenses at least. I can't remember if they mentioned defensive boosts too.

I believe Mega Altaria is supposed to get boosts in Attack and Special Attack and a minor boost in defense.

Rosenfeldius HP Rock over HP Fire. Kill those pesky birds (and beetles) that are gonna switch in.

196 SpA Sceptile Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir: 300-356 (110.7 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
196 SpA Sceptile Hidden Power Rock vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 372-440 (113.7 - 134.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rosenfeldius HP Rock over HP Fire. Kill those pesky birds (and beetles) that are gonna switch in.

196 SpA Sceptile Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir: 300-356 (110.7 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
196 SpA Sceptile Hidden Power Rock vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 372-440 (113.7 - 134.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I don't think I want my Talonflame or Mega Pinsir taking any unnecessary dmg switching on a high Sp.ATK Stat, STAB, 120BP Leaf Storm. And it's going to die to Brave Bird/Quick Attack regardless, so you won't even get a HP Rock off 1v1. Other than , HP Rock seems pretty useless . you have STAB Dragon Pulse that can do some major dmg on their switch-ins.

edit; you also lose to more pokes 1v1, especially skarm and ferro, replacing eq with focus blast is a bad idea. because fuck focus blast ..

edit 2; Also , isn't it confirmed Mega Glalie's stats are 80/120/80/120/80/100? Or is that somethin' speculated .

I think that Mega Altaria will be very good depending on what its EV spread will be. Here is a set I came up with:

Base Stats: 75/110/100/110/105/90

Altaria @ Altarite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 112 HP 252 Atk 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Double-Edge/Return
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Moves
In my opinion, Mega Altaria will be best with a physical moveset. I used Pokemondb's type coverage calculator ( http://pokemondb.net/tools/type-coverage ) and found out that Fairy and Ground have the best coverage together, hitting almost every pokemon in OU for neutral damage, not including Skarmory and Talonflame/Charizard. This set is similar to Mega Charizard's bulky DD roost set in that it has Roost, DD, and 2 coverage moves. Since Mega Alt has such great typing in Fairy and Dragon, with key resistances/immunities to Fighting, Bug, Water, Fire, Electric, Grass, Dark, and Dragon, it can set up on a lot of pokemon roosting off damage, and DDancing. I chose Double-Edge over Return because Mega Alt will not have a very high attack stat, so I think the extra power will be necessary. However, if you don't want to take the recoil from Double-Edge, you can run return.

EV Spread
The given EVs in speed are to outspeed standard Timid Greninja after a Dragon Dance, so Mega Alt can OHKO Greninja with a Double Edge and not get hit hard with an ice beam. Here are the EVs needed to outspeed Greninja with different base speed stats:
85- 184 Spe
90- 144 Spe
95- 104 Spe
100- 64 Spe
(Basically you just want Altaria to hit 252 Speed)

I put max EVs in attack with an adamant nature because I doubt Mega Altaria will have an attack stat higher than 110, so it will need the Attacks to hit hard. However, I did not calc anything involving attack, so I don't know if it can use a little less.
I put the rest of the EVs into HP to provide for better bulk. If you wanted to, you could move the EVs into defense to take physical hits better, because I think that Mega Altaria will be taking more physical hits than special ones.

Teammates
As I said before, the only relevant pokemon that resist both or Mega Alt's coverage moves is Skarmory, Talonflame, and Charizard Y. Ferrothorn can also come in and take an earthquake, and OHKO Mega Alt with Gyro Ball. Because of this, I think that Scarfed Magnezone will be a really good partner with Mega Altaria. It can trap and kill Ferrothorn and Skarmory to free up Mega Altaria for a sweep. Heatran is also a good partner as it can deal with most sets of Talonflame and Charizard Y. It can also hit Ferrothorn and Skarmory with Lava Plume or Overheat. Mega Alt will appreciate a cleric like Clefairy, Sylveon, or Chansey because it won't like taking burns, paralysis, or toxic. Also, a defogger/spinner like Excadrill, Latios, or Latias will be good because Mega Alt will not like switching in when Stealth Rocks are up.

Conclusion
I would really like to hear what you guys think about Mega Altaria and its best possible sets, so just reply to this post with what you think.
Thanks for taking the time to read!

If you do run HP Rock though, you might as well replace Earthquake with Focus Blast so you can hit Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Heatran at the same time.

Aragorn the King Note that Serebii is pretty good about posting mega stats, I've been using this as my goto webpage

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/megaevolutions.shtml

As for my mega set of the day, I present you BP receiver Espeon 2.0!

Sableye
Ability: prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

With Mega Sable's already good base defenses and some Iron Defense boosts from scoli, sable will be nigh untouchable on the physical side, allowing him to fully invest in his special defenses. This frees him up to be able to use NP instead of CM, allowing him to get to crushing much faster then his pink kitty counterpart. The typing is a straight up improvement over espeon's and shadow ball trades power for neutral coverage. Pretty much the only thing he needs to fear are special fairies (aka mega gard and maybe mega ateria, we'll have to see which way the stats land). Trick immunity and KO damage reduction are also huge pluses, as well as the suite of immunities he gets to take advantage of due to that sweet, sweet typing.

Yeah..... expect to see me abusing this on the ladder.

I for one am really excited (read: hard) for Glalie. Even if it doesn't make OU, it has the great fortune of (nearly) unresisted coverage, AWESOME mixed stats, and an even better support move pool. Even with its mediocre bulk, being able to run both Physically-based and Specially-based mixed sets, as well as Spikes, AS WELL AS Taunt / Torment / Disable is huge with the base 100 speed. If that's not enough, this mofo can run Refrigerate Super Fang + Explosion. Let that sink in.

Turn 1: Glalie mega-evolves as your opponent switches out of the dumbass Garchomp or some shit expecting Ice Shard (strong af). You Super Fang and now WHATEVER they switched in is at 50% health.
Turn 2: Now that you've hit puberty and your dick (a.k.a. Atk) has ballooned to 120 inches, proceed to Explode the fuck out of there. Or be a smart guy and use that base 100 Speed to set up Spikes or Taunt the dumbass Skarmory or whatever shit they switched in thinking it was a fucking cake walk.
Turn 3: If you took the latter route, Explode the fuck out of there.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm ready for Big-Dick Glalie to fuck OU's pussy shit.

Ability: Inner Focus (Moody? Or nah??)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Super Fang / Return

Or try and pull some OG shit with a mixed set and fuck up everyone's evening.

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe or 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball / Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Super Fang / Explosion

Trapped in the Closet? Try "Trapped in the Refrigerator".

Timid Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Super Fang / Body Slam / Return
- Block / Taunt

Torment-Disable LITERALLY made me gay. Like, I'm so sprung rn.

Timid Nature
- Body Slam / Super Fang
- Taunt
- Torment
- Disable

Glalie has me so hype right now. I know all of these won't be viable, and I know that they won't all be good. But I'm a little buzzed right now and idgaf.
Unfortunately snorunt doesn't learn ice shard until gen 4 so ice shard is incompatible with body slam, explosion (other fr/lg tutors)

I don't think I want my Talonflame or Mega Pinsir taking any unnecessary dmg switching on a high Sp.ATK Stat, STAB, 120BP Leaf Storm. And it's going to die to Brave Bird/Quick Attack regardless, so you won't even get a HP Rock off 1v1. Other than , HP Rock seems pretty useless . you have STAB Dragon Pulse that can do some major dmg on their switch-ins.
On a 4x resist they won't rack up that much damage switching in. Running HP Rock on Mega Sceptile is very similar to running HP Rock on LO Celebi, it severely dents the most common switch in. Please don't use that 1v1 crap either, it's very common to use an extra moveslot to hit common switchins. Keldeo carries Icy Wind for similar reasons, it doesn't beat anything 1v1 with IW but it dents the Lati@s on the predicted switch and heads right back out.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
M-Gross is going to be absolutely retarded the first weeks unless somehow the meta can adapt or everyone is using M-Slowbro lol. Resists or is neutral to most priority, already bulky as hell, Tough Claws so rip to so many things, and I think the most dangerous aspect of M-Gross, Agility. One agility + Tough Claws is going to be so good and has some pretty decent coverage coupled with its power. The fact that it's getting a speed boost means there's a possibility it can get an Agility and has the ability to take out Sand Offense....by itself. Clear Body before hand will just function like Hyper Cutter with Pinsir so have fun trying to drop that attack with your Lando-T lol.

Kind of tired to touch on most stuff but tbh I'm pretty positive some of these things won't even be relevant in OU as much as people are saying. Yeah No Guard Pidgeot is ok for 100% Hurricanes but let's be real here, do you really want Stone Edge to alllllways hit you? I feel like Beedrill is kind of hyped. It's pretty neat honestly but Bug/Poison isn't necessarily a godsend when it comes to coverage, which is what Adaptability will effect. Hopefully it gets a nice trolly speed tier of 101 or something cause rip M-Gardevoir and goodbye Azumarill.

Mega Steelix is just going to end up being a more defensive less powerful M-Chomp. It'll wreck pretty hard with Gyro ball but it's kind of garbage already and only shines in NU as a component on stall teams so not sure how that'll work. It'll handle M-Altaria pretty well at least.

Beedrill
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

I see Mega Beedrill being UU or BL2, since with boosted atk and speed, and adaptability, this thing is going to hit hard. I wanted it to be OU, but with Skarmory running around, I doubt that is likely. Though with nice coverage with Knock Off, Drill Run, Brick Break, and Aerial Ace, it is able to hit bulky Pokemon decently hard.

Glalie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Return
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard/Taunt

I see Mega Glalie however, being UU or BL, with a STAB Explosion that hits basically everything decently hard, and everything that it doesn't hit hard, it has Earthquake for.

Altaria
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spe / 8 Atk / 248 SpA
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Earthquake

Too bad this thing was overshadowed by Mega Lopunnyand the massive amount of Rule 34 with it, this thing has serious potential. With Pixilate, this thing's Hyper Voice is going to hit like a truck, and with STAB Draco, Fire Blast for Skarmory and Ferrothorn, and Earthquake for Heatran, this thing is going to be a good wallbreaker. Definitely OU or BL.

Camerupt
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide (Did not realize Stone Edge wasn't Sheer Force boosted)
- Roar/Hidden Power Grass

RU or UU, this thing's speed and typing is going to be the death of it. Too many water and ground types running around, but with Sheer Force, it is still going to hit pretty dang hard.

These are just my favorite new megas so far, and I'm sure I will put my opinion on more of them.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
One niche that Mega-Latios has over standard Latios is that meaty base 130 Attack. That boost is worth even more than a Life Orb, and means you're looking at an Attack of 266 even with a Timid nature (or 296 with Hasty/Naive). Of course, LO Latios still actually deals more damage on the special side than Mega-Latios, so it's almost certainly not worth it, but if I was trying to figure out a niche where I might use the Mega version, that's probably where I'd look.

Mega-Latias, on the other hand, I could see some real use with. 80/120/150 is no joke defensively, and with a good defensive typing/ability and good recovery and support moves, I could easily see this being an exceptional offensive pivot, one that can switch into a myriad of threats and just never die.

Obviously not as exciting as the other options, since it's not really anything new, but still worth discussion IMO.

M-Gross is going to be absolutely retarded the first weeks unless somehow the meta can adapt or everyone is using M-Slowbro lol.
Tough Claws-boosted Grass Knot means that MegaBro may not be the ideal check for Gross...

On a 4x resist they won't rack up that much damage switching in. Running HP Rock on Mega Sceptile is very similar to running HP Rock on LO Celebi, it severely dents the most common switch in. Please don't use that 1v1 crap either, it's very common to use an extra moveslot to hit common switchins. Keldeo carries Icy Wind for similar reasons, it doesn't beat anything 1v1 with IW but it dents the Lati@s on the predicted switch and heads right back out.
Damage is damage buddy. Anyways you could run HP Rock but I believe HP Fire is still better that's all. Like I said running HP Rock, forces you to run Focus Blast for tran/skarm/ferro. I don't understand why HP Rock is needed when you can easily just use STAB Dragon Pulse on the switch in. It's going to severely weaken Talon, limiting its bird spam and weaken Pinsir as well. My 1v1 bullcrap was kinda dumb but still, HP Rock is seriously only going to be used on switch-ins of Tflame and Pinsir and some other bug/flying, when you can just use DPulse because it's going to do severe dmg regardless. (Unless I'm forgetting some bulky flying/bug pokemon). It's not worth running hp rock for these mons' and then having to use Focus Miss over eq/hp fire. HP Rock can still be used, don't get me wrong but I believe hp fire is the way to go

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Tough Claws-boosted Grass Knot means that MegaBro may not be the ideal check for Gross...
Sure if you want to just focus on M-Slowbro that would be fine but then you lose out on something else. Then again it's got 5 other partners and capable strong stuff like Keldeo that aren't even mega and can hit hard as well, so good point.

edit; you also lose to more pokes 1v1, especially skarm and ferro, replacing eq with focus blast is a bad idea. because fuck focus blast ..

edit 2; Also , isn't it confirmed Mega Glalie's stats are 80/120/80/120/80/100? Or is that somethin' speculated .
They don't have to worry about Leaf Storm as they 4x resist, but Dragon Pulse will hurt from Sceptile's 145 SpA and Pinsir needs to be wary of HP Fire as well (which Sceptile would be using to catch steels on the switch with anyway).

Mega Glalie's stats are confirmed as 80 / 120 / 80 / 120 / 80 / 100, yes.

While we're talking about less popular megas, what about Mega Diancie? It will have the same base 700 stat total that MegaMence is expected to have with a great offensive typing, and is confirmed to have increased offenses and speed at the cost of defenses. I'm predicting something like 50 / 140 / 130 / 140 / 130 / 110.

Diancie@Diancite
Naive; 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe

Calm Mind
Moonblast
HP Fire
Diamond Storm

20 Atk EVs allows it to OHKO 248 / 0 ZardX with Diamond Storm, factoring in stealth rock. The rest is thrown into attack and speed to allow Diancie to clean with Fairy STAB + HP Fire for coverage.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well in terms of checks to M-Metagross, Skarmory comes up as one of the best checks to M-metagross as it can't do anything to it unless ur running HP Fire or Thunderpunch on Metagross. Plus, other than M-Slowbro, other steel types like Ferrothorn could as prove problematic, but as u have 5 other slots to deal with said pokemon, it shouldn't be much of a problem. Also i really like the love being shown to lower tier pokemon especially M-Glalie(the design makes it looks like its part dark tbh and it also looks like the 5th member of 5 Nights at Freddy's, but i digress). I really seeing this thing making an impact in RU tho it'll have some trouble with physical walls in RU like Alomomola and especially Doublade tho this can easily be worked around.

Reactions: AM
I'm not gonna talk about Mence, Gross, Pert and Tile because they have been discussed for countless times and we already know they have potential.
At first glance I notice 2 very good (and underrated) Calm Mind sweepers in this list: Slowbro, Sableye.
Slowbro:
Being uncrittable basically means unprepared teams will get murdered. It's best set probably would be CroBro or Block + CM + Rest. Alternatively, Baton Pass it a Barrier or Iron Defense and watch the world struggle to take it down. Before it gets in position for a sweep, it still has Regenerator before MEvo so it still can do its pivoting job, not that it needed anything other than Scald to do it anyway.
Sableye:
Despite having poor stats without Prankster, they are really well placed (into Def), which makes it pretty decent in its role. Like Slowbro, Sableye is fully capable of abusing Prankster to boost up and then MEvo when the extra stats/new ability becomes necessary for it. Recover and Magic Bounce means it does not have to waste 1 slot on RestTalk for status immunity, which basically means it can go ahead and use an additional utility/coverage move, notably Foul Play or WoW. But be careful of Mega Altaria and Voir, which will probs be pretty common.

Other than aforesaid CM sweepers, we have some really good all out attackers: Lopunny, Sharpedo.
Lopunny:
While she does not exactly look like she can get a sky-high Atk like most Megas, the fact that she has perfect STAB coverage, with moves of 102 and 130 BP means she still can hit surprising hard. Give her a decent boost in Spe too, and she would have no problem being a decent mega to use in OU. And Healing Wish is good. If Lopunny actually becomes a good physical all out attacker in OU, then KlutzVest can be a less than gimmicky lure for physical walls, and then Healing Wish into something else.
Sharpedo:
Dat Crunch. Assuming it gets a Life Orb level Atk boost, its Crunch would hit harder than a Rain boosted Waterfall from Kabutops. It is decently scary. Its Ice Fang would be able to OHKO Dragonite through Multiscale. Then it can also get all the Speed Boost it wants before it really needs the additional power, so it benefits from its PreMega ability too.

And the "we don't know enough to judge": Gallade, Pidgeot.
Gallade:
If he gets stats mirroring Voir, he simply get outclassed by Cham because that typing is bad defensively for any defensive niche with said bulk. Most of the utility Lade has is done better than Voir too. So it needs to have a better speed to be decent imo.
Pidgeot:
If it gets a decent movepool and stats upgrade, it can be pretty decent, otherwise Specs Tornadus Air Slash hits harder than Pidgeot Hurricane.

Not going to speculate too much because the meta is going to be completely shaken up with the release of ORAS, but to me Mega Swampert is heading for the ban hammer just as much as Mence. Bulk, t-wave immunity, power and that level of speed make it seem unwallable and borderline impossible to revenge. Other thoughts so far:

I've been excited for Mega Sceptile's stats for a long time, and I'm pretty happy with the distribution. I think it'll be a great non-scarf revenge killer for offensive teams with the potential to clean beautifully late game. Definitely going mixed as none of his special moves look appealing outside of Leaf Storm. Might even be worth considering physical dragon stab with Latias and Latios being everywhere and them having superior special bulk.

I can see Mega Gallade being completely underrated and then coming out of nowhere once the tier settles more. It's stats will only need minor attack and speed boosts to be threatening and it already had acceptable bulk.

Mega Altaria is going to be the new defensive threat to beat and seems to fit on anything from bulky offense to stall.

Mega Slowbro is going to be so hard to handle late game, courtesy of being immune to crits with fantastic bulk.

Glalie I reckon is going to be far more threatening than on paper, courtesy of an extremely spammable STAB with a borderline unwallable finishing kaboom. I still can't work out if it has a beard or not though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)