Borderlands Series

DHR-107 I'd recommend something more like this: http://bl2skills.com/commando.html#55055104015005010000005050155131

stuff that deals with health is flat-out irrelevant past level 60ish and increased max health is actually a bad stat in general (with exceptions) as it makes health gating much harder

the build I linked has 4 skill points to spare, and those can go pretty much anywhere you want (but I'd recommend Battlefront, Grit, Laser Sight, Grenadier, or Expertise)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
My friend showed me this last night and I thought it was hilarious. It's great they are getting some of the other characters back... Again...

We've finished UVHM (to the Warrior) at ended up at Lv 69 or so. The only enemies we were scared of by then were Super Badass Constructors V3... I swear they are by far the most powerful enemy in the main game. Saturn we beat OK, the V3 constructor that was next just killed us 5 or 6 times each. Stupid in all honesty.

We've gone back to play Borderlands 1 again now. They've fixed up the steamworks support, so now its fully working online again (after gamespy stopped, BL1 stopped too). He is playing Roland and I am playing Mordecai. I lost my original max level Mordecai when my PC died previously... I had 4 Dahl Penetrators of varying types in my slots. They are such an epic weapon. I hope I find a good one early in this playthrough.

I'm trying out a new Salvador build and it seems pretty awesome so far. I'm only level 39 so I can't fill out the middle skill tree as much as I'd like but I'll get there eventually.
It's all about using a Rubi/Grog Nozzle in the right hand and a Jakob's quad in the left hand so you can get a Moneyshot every other shot with the shotgun. Having a Rubi, or Nozzle especially, lets you heal, gives the shotgun the full Moneyshot boost, and adds crit bonus. I also have No Kill Like Overkill, so the Jakob's with a full Moneyshot crit gives a ridiculous damage boost for a few seconds.

I'm trying to avoid all gameplay video of the new game and I'm probably gonna try getting it on black Friday for a few bucks off. Also I'm glad the season pass will include everything!

Someone tell me how good Wilhelm and/or Nisha are if anyone picks them. I won't be getting Pre-Sequel for a while on account of being absorbed with Destiny and Smash Bros, and I'd like to know which character would be the best choice.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Someone tell me how good Wilhelm and/or Nisha are if anyone picks them. I won't be getting Pre-Sequel for a while on account of being absorbed with Destiny and Smash Bros, and I'd like to know which character would be the best choice.
Nisha has the most dps skills, but less survivability. There's really no best character, as they're all the same amount of overpowered.

I'm not playing the Pre Sequel until winter break, gonna try to find it cheap for Black Friday and then restrain myself until December :(

they're all the same amount of overpowered.
I think it's a little early to say that isn't it? It's almost guaranteed that there are going to be skills and guns and quirks that are completely broken; that's what patches are for.

GatoDelFuego

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think it's a little early to say that isn't it? It's almost guaranteed that there are going to be skills and guns and quirks that are completely broken; that's what patches are for.
Well, the design process has the developers trying to make the characters feel overpowered. There's some specific weapons that will have unintended effects, but the character's skills are all relatively balanced with respect to each other.

Adding on to that, basically every character has some kind of built-in latent health regeneration which makes everyone much more bulky than in BL2. Gearbox also changed the way that leveling affects your stats, so you're not forced to constantly health gate at higher levels anymore.

Also, could a mod change the thread title to just "Borderlands" now that TPS is out?

I want to get it, but I dunno, I always like to wait on sales personally...that and other games competing for my time as it is.

I'm definitely waiting until a good deal comes out on the Season Pass (which is supposed to be more all-inclusive than with BL2) or on the GotY edition.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Adding on to that, basically every character has some kind of built-in latent health regeneration which makes everyone much more bulky than in BL2. Gearbox also changed the way that leveling affects your stats, so you're not forced to constantly health gate at higher levels anymore.
Can I hope that individual guns stay viable for longer? Or am I still gonna have to switch guns a few levels after finally finding ones that I like?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
yeah, they said that the way they changed overall scaling means that gear will stay viable for a longer period of time
This is great news. I am at the stage in BL2 where I basically have to get new guns every time I level up. It sucks :/

I can't wait till Friday... I am pretty excited about this game :)

Me and a friend have gone back through and completed PL1/2 on the original Borderlands and finding rare weapons was so much fun and so much better than in BL2. Idk why they decided to make the legendaries almost impossibly rare. Like, except for the given ones, you have to be so lucky. We found oranges in white chests, skag vomit piles, red chests, from enemies, even in shops to buy! BL2 the shops are not even worth looking at cause 90+% of the stuff in them is shit white/green crap.

I hope pre-sequel does this a bit better.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thank god, that was my biggest problem with BL2 (and along the lines of why I think BL1 is one of the worst games I've ever played).

GatoDelFuego

Yeah, the scaling has been changed a lot. Guns are pretty viable throughout the leveling scheme, melee seems to be doing a bit more damage than bl2, and people seem to be finding a bit more legendaries than the first game--even in vending machines!

Rejoice.

One of my biggest issues in BL2 was how they completely changed the loot system. The way gun parts were assembled means no cool hybrid guns, and the whole manufacturer gimmick thing is annoying. On top of that, they got rid of Atlas and S&S, easily two of the top gun manufacturers.
And it looks like they were lazy and kept the same gun system in TPS as in BL2. I expected a lot more and I'm just disappointed overall. Maybe I'll enjoy it more once I buy and play the game.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
One of my biggest issues in BL2 was how they completely changed the loot system. The way gun parts were assembled means no cool hybrid guns, and the whole manufacturer gimmick thing is annoying. On top of that, they got rid of Atlas and S&S, easily two of the top gun manufacturers.
And it looks like they were lazy and kept the same gun system in TPS as in BL2. I expected a lot more and I'm just disappointed overall. Maybe I'll enjoy it more once I buy and play the game.
To be fair, you kind of destroy Atlas in the General Knoxx DLC. So that makes sense they aren't allowed anymore. Unless there are some "Relic" style Atlas weapons which would be cool. I hated the loss of S&S Munitions, they made really good guns.

Whilst the more specific weapon manufacturers were nice, I didn't like how they implemented them at all. Tediore's reload mechanic was fun the first 5 times, but towards the middle part of the game I was actively avoiding any Tediore guns. I started feeling the same way with some of the other manufacturers too, Dahl in particular. I mostly use Maliwan tech in BL2 because its reliable and doesn't have weird gimmicks!

putting out there right now that nisha with any jakobs weapon or any laser straight-up demolishes the entire battlefield during showdown

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Jakobs for life
Jakobs is cool, but Maliwan/Hyperion 4ever... I've actually found some good Scad stuff too.

Okay so I have completed the first play through + All Side quests with Wilhelm and had a lot of fun doing it. A lot less "Fetch questy" type bullshit that was in BL2. Some really funny missions and some full on WTF moments. Wilhelm's cannon at the bottom of the middle tree is actually really good. I hope the damage scales up well into play through two. His "Upgraded punch" is shit and not worth it in the slightest. Starting down the left hand tree now to buff Wolf a little more.

I'm looking towards this sort of build (The middle tree is what I've done so far).

http://bl2.jamesdaily.com/#/class/enforcer?build=055010000005510050005150501012000

I'm a little disappointed with the "lack" of gore, but I guess that's what happens with the Australian team doing the dev work. The game areas are really big this time which is really cool and we found a load of secret/easter eggy type places.

Has anyone else found the Mario level? :P A friend took us there last night.

GatoDelFuego

This has been such a great game. It's a lot less length and amount of content than BL2 in terms of absolute maximum playtime and size, per se, but I think it's much better paced and what it does have is really good. This also means the DLCs can make a bigger impact overall. I finished first with Athena, and I'm starting two co-op runs with my friends now. I can't wait to level these people up.
If I were to make some suggestions, drop the points from the right tree except aux tanks and 1 point in energize. That way you can still take advantage of the legendary enforcer, but the healing from zero hour is awful from my experienceand not worth it and termination protocols is...interesting. I'd rather have 5 points in divert power to continually loop emergency response and never go down than get a FFYL bonus. Also, you should pick up afterburner, as reload times in this game are awful and everything helps. Much more useful overall boost to DPS than venom bolts.

(I'd take targeting scope over man and machine but that's a personal thing, as well as the fire rate boost skill, but I know you hate kill skills :pirate:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)