ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be used as a very strange wallbreaker, with Refrigerate Explosion OHKOing a lot of walls while being faster than almost all of them. It's not appealing everywhere else, though.
So,M-Glalie just like a kamikaze bomb to break foes wall and then our team proceed to do the rest

1 million dollar question: are those same Nav Moves breedable? Or will they be exclusive to one another? Here's to hoping that they're also egg moves.

Those are all egg moves that he mentioned, I don't see why they wouldn't be breedable.

Wasn't there also mention of finding hidden abilities using the DexNav?

Whoops, my bad. (Yay!)

Yes there was, this is an opportunity for unreleased HAs or re-releasing of dreamworld HAs to happen
are there any notable unreleased dreamworld HAs that could happen in this way, though?
Unless one of the mirage spots happens to have johto & unovan starters and the fossil kalos pokemon I think we have everything normal pokemon-wise

Im for Wild snivy and totodile appeared!

So egg moves? but i want the extreme speed zigza from box, ya know, things than you cannot get that easy.

are there any notable unreleased dreamworld HAs that could happen in this way, though?
Unless one of the mirage spots happens to have johto & unovan starters and the fossil kalos pokemon I think we have everything normal pokemon-wise
No, there are still a few pokemon we're missing. Dragalge, for example, doesn't yet have access to its HA, which is Adaptability. And of course, some hidden abilities are only available through transfer, such as Rattata and Staryu.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Thank you Age of Kings for posting it/reminding me, let's compare the new in-game map to the old game map:

Well in terms of major towns/cities they're the same, but ORAS map is a bit more detailed as it also includes indicators for special locations. Let's see if we can't figure them out:

Route 104: Petalburg Woods
Above Route 108: Abandoned Ship
Route 115: Meteor Falls
Route 116: Rusturf Tunnel
Above Route 121: Safari Zone
Route 122: Mt. Pyre
Route 125: Shoal Cave
Route 128: Seafloor Cavern
Below Route 129: ?????
Above Route 130: Sky Pillar? (Moved from Route 131?)
Below Mauville City: New Mauville
Next to Dewford Town: Granite Cave
Above Lavaridge City: Fiery Path, Jagged Path, Mt. Chimney
Next to Sootopolis City: Cave of Origin, ?????
Between Ever Grande City & Pokemon League: Victory Road
Lone Island: Southern Island

I have no clue what was added next to Sootopolis City or below Route 129, those are completely new areas that don't really match any other location. And no other noticeable locations would be missing as far as I'm concerned. Well, except for the Battle Frontier, but in Emerald here's where the Battle Frontier is located on its map:

It has no map markings. Of course there's also another problem with this, in Ruby & Sapphire this was also the same location as the Battle Tower. So yeah, even though there's no marking in that location it doesn't mean nothing's year, but since the Battle Tower was also there in Ruby & Sapphire that could mean its there instead of the Battle Frontier.

Also I notice the new map is missing those two island to the bottom right.

That's an interesting point. The main site says one of the possible results of a Mirage Spot is a Legendary Pokemon. It said that other rare Pokemon (and items) could be found so it could be possible that maybe they hid Pokemon with certain Hidden Abilities in Mirage Spots like the starters?

Literally every game since Platinum I've said "I hope there's an extreme speed move tutor!"

every game i am let down
zigzagoon is just never getting that move ever again
Maybe one of Zigzagoon's rare DexNav move is Extreme Speed. ;)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Confirming Glalie for the Australian demo. I was expecting it to mega evolve when you battled it... I laughed at Glalie's stone though, Glalitite sure is a mouthful!

I'm guessing all the demo Pokemon have neutral natures, because between Glalie and the starter evos I have all four neutral natures. My Glalie is Bashful with IVs 24/27/17/5/21/5 so not too excited to transfer that to my real copy of OR/AS when that releases.

I didn't expect Steven to have the shiny Metagross though, I still hate how the cross on it's head goes from gold to blue when mega evolved

edit: I feel like I've been wasting the demo and haven't been able to explore as much as I wanted to. I found the missing girl in 2 seconds and the Shroomish popped out as soon as I walked up to the grass, I literally didn't do anything. Either they've made these missions stupidly easy/quick or I'm rushing them somehow..

Last edited:
Refridgerate Explosion. Goodbye world. Other than that, the standard Return/Frustration, and Headbutt to abuse any Speed boost and flinches seem neat.

EDIT: assuming 120 Atk based on above post & calc...
  • 252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 244 HP / 28+ Def Gliscor: 1428-1680 (405.6 - 477.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 729-858 (113.5 - 133.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Badda Boom. With STAB and Refridgerate, that's an Explosion with about 498.75 base power.
O.O
That is simply unholy. Even more so since that example is one-third of my normal team.
Though, this is what will happen when my Gliscor sees a Glalie starting November 21st:
"The Batman used Protect!"

Also, Mega Sceptile is now weeping in the corner.

Quoting serebii:
"It has also been confirmed in an interview with NTower that, although X & Y are compatible with Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, X & Y will not receive a patch to include the new."

So no patch after all.
Great, I have to trade my whole team over in addition to the other two I was planning on. Meaning my Hoenn team was mostly pointless. Thanks Nintendo.
This is made worse by not having character customization, meaning everyone will look the same again, meaning that a lot of what made X and Y so much fun is gone. That's all that will keep this from being perfect!!!!

I guess that I will just have to cry into my move tutors (Iron Head Exca, Knock Off Scizor, and hopefully Freeze Dry Vaporeon).

O.O
That is simply unholy. Even more so since that example is one-third of my normal team.
Though, this is what will happen when my Gliscor sees a Glalie starting November 21st:
"The Batman used Protect!"

Also, Mega Sceptile is now weeping in the corner.

Great, I have to trade my whole team over in addition to the other two I was planning on. Meaning my Hoenn team was mostly pointless. Thanks Nintendo.
This is made worse by not having character customization, meaning everyone will look the same again, meaning that a lot of what made X and Y so much fun is gone. That's all that will keep this from being perfect!!!!

I guess that I will just have to cry into my move tutors (Iron Head Exca, Knock Off Scizor, and hopefully Freeze Dry Vaporeon).
Um...You do have a Pokebank account...right? Just use that :I

I have a simple question: i can catch latias in AS right? But i heard that the latiasite its only in OR? So i need to trade with another game to mega evolve mine? Or both the mega stone and latias can be catch in AS?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I have a simple question: i can catch latias in AS right? But i heard that the latiasite its only in OR? So i need to trade with another game to mega evolve mine? Or both the mega stone and latias can be catch in AS?
I'm assuming that the Eon Duo you encounter will be holding its appropriate Mega Stone, otherwise it wouldn't be able to Mega Evolve when you summon it (unless the Eon Flute has some magical property to it that allows it to Mega Evolve without needing it Mega Stone).

I'm assuming that the Eon Duo you encounter will be holding its appropriate Mega Stone, otherwise it wouldn't be able to Mega Evolve when you summon it (unless the Eon Flute has some magical property to it that allows it to Mega Evolve without needing it Mega Stone).
I saw someone (here? elsewhere?) suggest that you probably use normal lati during the main game and then use mega lati so you can access the mirage stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)