Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've always wondered what type coverage seem to be the norm among players. Aside from the ever so popular Water/Ice and Ground/Rock, are there any other expected attack type combinations that renders the stereotype that "a Pokémon of Type A will always beat an opponent of Type B" to be untrue? Electric/Fire? Ghost/Fairy? In your experiences battling against friends and intelligent AI, what trends have you noticed among them?
Fighting/Ghost still works very well (I think only a Normal/Ghost resists, all else is hit at least neutrally). Several pokemon also have decent STABs and simply use those, and either some coverage or status moves.

Since i'm not sure the thread where i posted it in the first place (in game tier discussion) was the right one, i post it here as well: feel free to delete my post from the topic it doesn't belong to.

"Hello everybody.
First of all, i'd like to apologize in advance for my english: i'm not a native speaker, so please try to understand.
Anyway.
I'd love to start a new game with pokemon x. It will be my first ride with gen VI, even though i bought the game several months ago. In the meanwhile, I sometimes played random battles on showdown, and even built some (unsuccessful: i'm a noob, after all..) teams by my own, so i'm quite familiar with the new mechanics introduced in gen VI (mega-evs and so on).
My goal is to build an in-game team characterized by a reasonable balance between all these factors: a) using Charizard X; b) using pokés which are useful to the story; c) using pokés with good synergy with each others, similar to what happens in competitive building.
(Yeah, i know that even 6 pikachu would be sufficient to beat the elite four, but i want to make it properly...it's part of the fun, at least for me)
Most of the pokés must be chosen in order to their prior appearance in the game (or availability due to wonder trades): i'd prefer to have already caught all the pokémon i need as far as i reach the half of the game.
So, i read thread, and it was very useful: as i said, my original plan was (and still is..) to start with Charizard (X), but i had no idea about others pokémon to pair with; thanks to you, i decided to add Aegiglash's pre evolution and Azumarill.
Now i still have 3 spots lefts: would you help me to fill them properly? For start, I was thinking about a flying/ground type like Landorus. Is he catchable?
Also, due to the fact that Char/Aegi/Azu are all physical, i should complete the party with at least 2 special pokés.

Thanks for your patience!"

I remember someone posted a thread about the maximum damage can legally deal by a Pokemon. It was locked/deleted. Did anyone still remember what it was? I only remember it had Forest's Curse and a Pokemon that is 4x weak against Fire

Since i'm not sure the thread where i posted it in the first place (in game tier discussion) was the right one, i post it here as well: feel free to delete my post from the topic it doesn't belong to.

"Hello everybody.
First of all, i'd like to apologize in advance for my english: i'm not a native speaker, so please try to understand.
Anyway.
I'd love to start a new game with pokemon x. It will be my first ride with gen VI, even though i bought the game several months ago. In the meanwhile, I sometimes played random battles on showdown, and even built some (unsuccessful: i'm a noob, after all..) teams by my own, so i'm quite familiar with the new mechanics introduced in gen VI (mega-evs and so on).
My goal is to build an in-game team characterized by a reasonable balance between all these factors: a) using Charizard X; b) using pokés which are useful to the story; c) using pokés with good synergy with each others, similar to what happens in competitive building.
(Yeah, i know that even 6 pikachu would be sufficient to beat the elite four, but i want to make it properly...it's part of the fun, at least for me)
Most of the pokés must be chosen in order to their prior appearance in the game (or availability due to wonder trades): i'd prefer to have already caught all the pokémon i need as far as i reach the half of the game.
So, i read thread, and it was very useful: as i said, my original plan was (and still is..) to start with Charizard (X), but i had no idea about others pokémon to pair with; thanks to you, i decided to add Aegiglash's pre evolution and Azumarill.
Now i still have 3 spots lefts: would you help me to fill them properly? For start, I was thinking about a flying/ground type like Landorus. Is he catchable?
Also, due to the fact that Char/Aegi/Azu are all physical, i should complete the party with at least 2 special pokés.

Thanks for your patience!"
There is a Ground/flying type catchable in-game, but it's Gligar. But it comes really late (just before 8th gym in a rather hrd to sweet scent area in a rareish hoard) and you can't evolve it until post-game. So it's not a great choice. From experience, the three pokes you chose are all solid (well, until you evolve Azurill).There is the In-Game tier list thread, which might help you out in finding other pokemon you want.

I remember someone posted a thread about the maximum damage can legally deal by a Pokemon. It was locked/deleted. Did anyone still remember what it was? I only remember it had Forest's Curse and a Pokemon that is 4x weak against Fire
Close.

+6 252+ Def Choice Band Huge Power Power Tricked double Helping Handed double Flower Gift Shuckle with type changed to Ice using Ice Ball on its fifth hit after Defense Curl and Me First vs. -6 lv. 1 0 HP / 0- Def Gligar with Forest's Curse in Sun on a critical hit: 1380631959-1624272993 (11505266325 - 13535608275%) -- overkill doesn't begin to cover it

(I may have screwed up somewhere since the damage calc doesn't have Flower Gift or Me First or stats/base powers over 999, but that's the move)

How does the TV in RSE work? I'm playing Emerald and want the Energy Guru to go on sale. I know getting a specific broadcast is random, but is there anything I could do in order to make the TV work more often and thus increase the chances of the Energy Guru coming on? I've tried walk in and out of a building but that doesn't seem to work: the TV remains off.

My internal battery is dry, in case this plays any role.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
How does the TV in RSE work? I'm playing Emerald and want the Energy Guru to go on sale. I know getting a specific broadcast is random, but is there anything I could do in order to make the TV work more often and thus increase the chances of the Energy Guru coming on? I've tried walk in and out of a building but that doesn't seem to work: the TV remains off.

My internal battery is dry, in case this plays any role.
TV events such as swarms and sales in RSE are time based, so you're unfortunately out of luck if your internal battery is dry. :/

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Does anyone know how to get the ORAS demo in Australia? Like what stores are distributing it?
I don't think the specific stores have been announced, but the codes won't be available in stores until November 3rd. They're being distributed on October 15th via Club Nintendo though.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think the specific stores have been announced, but the codes won't be available in stores until November 3rd. They're being distributed on October 15th via Club Nintendo though.
Do you have to sign up for anything in particular? Or do all club nintendo members get it?

edit: just confirming I received a demo code in an email via my Pokemon Trainer Club account. For what it's worth, I'm from Australia...

Last edited:
Does anyone know wether you're going to be able to select the language for ORAS like you could for XY? I'm located in Germany but want to play in English and I want to know wether I can preorder the game from a German retailer or wether I need to import it like I had to for White 2. Thanks in advance.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Does anyone know wether you're going to be able to select the language for ORAS like you could for XY? I'm located in Germany but want to play in English and I want to know wether I can preorder the game from a German retailer or wether I need to import it like I had to for White 2. Thanks in advance.
The demo allows you to select a language. I would assume the full games are the same.

I was looking through the pss menu to find a battle when I suddenly noticed a girl without hair or eyes, can anyone explain ^^

I took a picture of it
IMAG0532.jpg

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was looking through the pss menu to find a battle when I suddenly noticed a girl without hair or eyes, can anyone explain ^^

I took a picture of it
I think it might've been a glitch, I'm not sure if you can actually make yourself bald. Did you try "refreshing" by going to another screen and then going back? If so, was it still the same?

I think it might've been a glitch, I'm not sure if you can actually make yourself bald. Did you try "refreshing" by going to another screen and then going back? If so, was it still the same?
No, I didn't really think of that, but looking at the eyes I doubt it's a glitch, eyes and hair at the same time? I just thought it might have been some kind of powersaves thing.

Is it possible to use Helping Hand twice on the same Pokemon in a Triple Battle (and have the effect stack)?

And does Safeguard prevent Taunt?

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find overworld and battle sprites for trainers from crystal and diamond and pearl and magma and aqua grunts all those things if anyone could link me a pack with some or all of those for gba or rpgmaker xp. I really need them and if you made them I will def credit you I've googled for atleast an hour and I couldn't find any at all lol

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone know where I can find overworld and battle sprites for trainers from crystal and diamond and pearl and magma and aqua grunts all those things if anyone could link me a pack with some or all of those for gba or rpgmaker xp. I really need them and if you made them I will def credit you I've googled for atleast an hour and I couldn't find any at all lol
This site tends to have those things look there: http://spriters-resource.com/

So having been following the whole thing about the ORAS Demo Datamine, I've got to ask.
Why do they leave in so much data from previous games in newer ones? I get they're based on each previous games' build, but wouldn't it be easy to delete previous key items? Like is there really such a problem in removing the apricorn box from XY?
Ah jeez sorry that sounded a bit ranty at the end, but regardless it is kind of... confusing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)