ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I saw someone (here? elsewhere?) suggest that you probably use normal lati during the main game and then use mega lati so you can access the mirage stuff
They said you need to do something special to access the Mirage Spots, which will probably be done post game.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
That's what I'm implying!
Hmm, call me suspicious. Eitherway, as long as I can still do tricks with the normal Eon Duo to the tune of Danger Zone then whatever.

Demo Report From Serebii:
Serebii updated its demo page.

A Mega Pokemon (Steelix & Glalie), Poke Balls, Heal Balls, and two sets of Heart Scales. Not so bad for the first day!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I hope that GF will raise steelix's attack and speciel defence and speed, it will become a beast.
Mega Steelix's stats have been calculated already:
Normal Steelix: 75/85/200/55/65/30//510
Mega Steelix: 75/125/230/55/95/30//610
Stat Changes: 0/+40/+30/0/+30/0//+100

It's slow (which makes it good in Trick Room teams), but it can take hits (especially physical hits) and give physical hits back (especially its STABs in a Sandstorm).

And if you're wondering about Mega Glalie:
Normal Glalie: 80/80/80/80/80/80//480
Mega Glalite: 80/120/80/120/80/100//580
Stat Changes: 0/+40/0/+40/0/+20//+100

Though it has even offensive stats, Refrigerate gives it an Ice-type Explosion. It also gets Headbutt too.

Last edited:
I get that Mega-Steelix is meant to be a diamond-tipped drill or something, but (in its artwork at least) it just doesn't really mesh well. Also, find it weird that X and Y won't get a patch for the new Megas. Gotta sell those Omega Rubies and Sapphires somehow I guess.

EDIT:

I guess there's no chasing Latios/Latias around this time. Or maybe you have to chase them around a couple of times, and then they stay at this one spot and the cutscene happens, sort of like with Moltess/Zapdos/Articuno in X/Y.

I will save you time if you didn't find them. These info was provided by the post of Kurona.

Swampert: Swift swim, 150-110-95-110-70 (+40/+20/+10/+20/+10)
Sceptile: Lightningrod, 110-75-145-85-145 (+25/+10/+40/+0/+25)
Actually it wasn't me first, it was someone else who posted earlier whose name escaped me... I just made it look nicer by putting the stat changes in brackets.

There's been a lot of information about the game released all at once. Someone who isn't using their phone should make a comprehensive post. ;)

Anyways, I can offer this one bit of information from the demo; Swellow has been spotted using quick guard!

Swellow has been spotted using quick guard!
Confirming! It was a trainer's Swellow. Move updates were to be expected with every new game, but with the advent of being able to creep up to wild pokemon, it's an interesting new way to get moves

The official site uses the term "Soar" (they capitalize the "s") to differentiate exploring the sky from simply using "Fly". I get that it's meant to be a feature activated by the Eon Flute, but the context it's used in makes it sound like it's a unique move.

To anyone who has the demo, during the double battle with Steven's Metagross, can the stats of his pokemon be checked before performing an action? If so we may be able to figure out Mega Metagross' stat changes as well.

To anyone who has the demo, during the double battle with Steven's Metagross, can the stats of his pokemon be checked before performing an action? If so we may be able to figure out Mega Metagross' stat changes as well.
You generally can't check another trainer's mon so I imagine that we can't... Though I'm wrong about a lot of things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)