ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll just start documenting what happens in the demo now.
spoiler said:
Completing Playthrough 1 - the initial adventure everyone knows of - gets you Glalie and Glalilililite or Steelix and Steelixiniteiteite or whatever other new megas there might be
Completing Playthrough 2 - training with some girls from Brawly's gym - gets you... a relatively pointless Flannery cameo
Completing Playthrough 3 - finding a lost boy on an island - gets you 10 Poké Balls
Completing Playthrough 4 - finding a lost poochyena on an island - gets you Team Magma grunts that just sort of... stand there and a guy on a bike that says rydel rydel rydel rydel rydel rydel

All four of these take place on different, never before seen islands, but Playthroughs 3 and 4 share their new island.
Also.

I know it's shit quality but can we just appreciate how fucking smug the rich boys are now

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Uhhh, the Dynamo badge is the third attainable badge, like how you had to get the Knuckle Badge (oh look, Kalos' third badge) before mega evolving was possible in XY.
~should there be a connection, anyway~
I know.

Mega-Glalie's design kinda reminds me of final fantasy's Atomos.

Well, it kinda does.
It sort of reminds me of Wario.

Next batch of playthroughs
spoiler said:
Playthrough 5 has you against an Elder. He has a Hariyama, a Swellow and something else I can't remember off the top of my head.
Playthrough 6 is the exact same as Playthrough 3, but I think what the lost boy says is different and it gives you Playthrough 2's prize.
Playthrough 7 is the exact same as Playthrough 4, but you instead find a Shroomish and the prize is Team Aqua grunts doing the same as the Team Magma grunts in Playthrough 4's prize. Worth noting I didn't get any Heart Scales; don't know if the original reports of prizes were wrong or if it's a weird regional difference.

Interesting, so altogether what items did you get? You didn't mention getting the Heal Balls on Playthrough #5.
Whoops, sorry, forgot to mention you get 10 Heal Balls for the fifth playthrough. Could've sworn I mentioned it... anyway, almost completed the tenth playthrough so I'll compile a list in a few minutes.

Final Batch of playthroughs:-

spoiler said:
Playthrough 8 has you go to the island from playthroughs 3, 4, 6 and 7 to fight against three Aroma Girls. The first has a shroomish, the other two have a Tropius each. Also extremely notable is that Aarune is on the island, but I was a big stupid idiot and forgot to talk to him before beating the Aroma Girls. If someone else has the demo PLEASE talk to him. The prize is just the same as Playthrough 4's.
Playthrough 9 has you find a Whismur on Playthrough 2's island. The prize for this is... a little odd. When you complete it it says that it'll give you heart scales, but unlike the heal balls, poke balls and glalie Steven gives you no such thing when you talk to him nor when you ask him about your rewards. Instead, I found a group of swimmers on Mossdeep, one of them talking about leaving to Kalos.
Playthrough 10 has you fight against a different elder than the one in Playthrough 5, but on the same island that was exclusive to Playthrough 5. He has a Blaziken, Sceptile, Swampert and Hariyama, all level 40. None of them can Mega Evolve. The prize for this is indeed 5 Heart Scales.
All in all, the demo... is honestly kind of meh. Wasn't particularly enthralling, plot was eh, something about it just didn't feel that great. The only real draws are, yes, seeing the new Megas in action, getting the items, sucking up just how gorgeous the game looks and Steven's hot hot body <3
Play it to get the items and the 'something special' for each day, but that's it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Final Batch of playthroughs:-

All in all, the demo... is honestly kind of meh. Wasn't particularly enthralling, plot was eh, something about it just didn't feel that great. The only real draws are, yes, seeing the new Megas in action, getting the items, sucking up just how gorgeous the game looks and Steven's hot hot body <3
Play it to get the items and the 'something special' for each day, but that's it.
Well tomorrow was promised to bring something new/special (though Serebii has reported anything additional happening).

And once I get the demo I ain't leaving a single tile unchecked.

*routinely going back and forth clicking A on every tile*
Trainer: Um, what are you doing?
Me: Checking to see if there aren't any hidden items or secrets.
Trainer: There isn't, this is a demo, the only things here are us trainers.
Me: THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT ME TO THINK! I will discover your secrets...
*Trainer sighs and walks away as I continue checking every tile*

Why, yes, I am that kind of person who talks with every game character I see and explore every single building. I ain't losing out on free items.

Skimmed through the last 10 pages (Damn about the no patch btw that REALLY blows) so sorry if this already came up.

The demos only contain one new Mega. But that Mega is region based. Steelix in Japan and Glalie in Korea/Europe. So does that make it seem like there's a good possibility that North American demos will have yet another new Mega?

Well tomorrow was promised to bring something new/special (though Serebii has reported anything additional happening).

And once I get the demo I ain't leaving a single tile unchecked.

*routinely going back and forth clicking A on every tile*
Trainer: Um, what are you doing?
Me: Checking to see if there aren't any hidden items or secrets.
Trainer: There isn't, this is a demo, the only things here are us trainers.
Me: THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT ME TO THINK! I will discover your secrets...
*Trainer sighs and walks away as I continue checking every tile*

Why, yes, I am that kind of person who talks with every game character I see and explore every single building. I ain't losing out on free items.
You only get to keep items that are rewards. You can't keep any you just get during the demo, such as the Poké Balls for catching the new Mega or the starter Mega Stones.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
The demos only contain one new Mega. But that Mega is region based. Steelix in Japan and Glalie in Korea/Europe. So does that make it seem like there's a good possibility that North American demos will have yet another new Mega?
That's what some of us are hoping. Come on GameFreak, Mega Braviary for US, I know you want too...

You only get to keep items that are rewards. You can't keep any you just get during the demo, such as the Poké Balls for catching the new Mega or the starter Mega Stones.
Ah, I see, should have figured since they would want to prevent you sending the Starter Mega Stones over. Well, I guess I'll then just talk with everyone I see/go to every location I can just as the demo probably wants.

So, does anyone plan on using the Demo's Mega Pokemon or the release event Shiny Beldum on their team?

So, does anyone plan on using the Demo's Mega Pokemon or the release event Shiny Beldum on their team?
Nah. Mega Sceptile andmaybepossiblymegadusknoir all the way, yoooo

Also, little bit of an update on the demo:-
spoiler said:
I decided to keep going with it to see if I could find Aarune again and talk to him. After about 8 tries I gave up but during that time, I came across an island I hadn't encountered before in the demo - it was a smaller island with a ladder up to a higher plane. This leads me to believe that aside from the elder challenge island and of course the first adventure island, the islands you go to in the adventure are randomized between a certain number of specific maps.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I don't see us getting another Mega in the demo. It most likely would've been leaked with Glalie and Steelix if we were.
Well that's because the demo is out in Japan, Europe, South Korea, and Australia so they can't really hide them. We'll see when the day comes.

Also, little bit of an update on the demo:-
Hm, interesting, so the islands are connected in some way? Maybe there's a way for you to find where you saw Aarune (would stink if the demo locked you out of dialogue just because it slipped your mind).

Hm, interesting, so the islands are connected in some way? Maybe there's a way for you to find where you saw Aarune (would stink if the demo locked you out of dialogue just because it slipped your mind).
Aarune was on the island from my 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 8th playthroughs. Specifically, he was in the 8th with a group of aroma girls you had to defeat. I doubt he says much of anything important though; I didn't exactly expect him to blurt "MY FLYGON HAS A MEGA STONE".

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Aarune was on the island from my 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 8th playthroughs. Specifically, he was in the 8th with a group of aroma girls you had to defeat. I doubt he says much of anything important though; I didn't exactly expect him to blurt "MY FLYGON HAS A MEGA STONE".
True, most likely he would maybe talk about Secret Bases briefly, but if anything I would like to see the little animations they gave to his character as he talks.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I guess as a final note, I can add that wild Pokémon I found included Meditite, Tropius and Poochyena, all around the late 20s.
... oh, and in the end I couldn't help myself
Oh yeah, forgot they tend to overkill (or rather overheal) with using "expensive" items. But hey, they give out large amounts of money when you do beat them (that reminds me, let me see where the Amulet Coin is... from mom after 5th Gym! Well, at least there's no clothes to buy in ORAS...).

Oh yeah uh
serebii said:
Following the reveal of the Pokémon Global Link features yesterday, such as the XY League and ORAS League, it has been confirmed that the entire Pokémon Global Link will go under maintenance from November 13th 2014 to November 21st 2014 in order to prepare for the new features.
Not sure it's the right place to put this but it's technically ORAS-releated.

One of the trainer´s Swellow used Quick Guard which could be a new move for it. Scouting for other oddities but nothing else occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)