Other ORAS Mega Speculation Thread (NO talk about potential bans NOR Aegislash)

Which is your favorite?

• Beedrill

Votes: 255 26.5%
  • Pidgeot

Votes: 119 12.3%
  • Slowbro

Votes: 86 8.9%
  • Steelix

Votes: 58 6.0%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 140 14.5%
  • Swampert

Votes: 120 12.4%
  • Sableye

Votes: 62 6.4%
  • Sharpedo

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Camerupt

Votes: 57 5.9%
  • Altaria

Votes: 144 14.9%
  • Glalie

Votes: 79 8.2%
  • Salamence

Votes: 198 20.5%
  • Metagross

Votes: 164 17.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 50 5.2%
  • Latios

Votes: 54 5.6%
  • Loppuny

Votes: 125 13.0%
  • Gallade

Votes: 148 15.4%
  • Audino

Votes: 30 3.1%
  • Diancie

Votes: 74 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nowhere near as bad when you consider the fact that it has return and HJK, which is above average as far as STAB moves go. It has plenty of speed, meaning that anything swapping in will need to take 2 hits.

Think of it like a stronger weavile with even better neutral coverage.
And faster! :D

It's nowhere near as bad when you consider the fact that it has return and HJK, which is above average as far as STAB moves go. It has plenty of speed, meaning that anything swapping in will need to take 2 hits.

Think of it like a stronger weavile with even better neutral coverage.
Very true though I wish bird spam was less common.

Why is GF leaving out my boy Flygon!!! Flygon needs a Mega Evolution since this is a remake of GenIII. If it does get a Mega Evolution I can see it getting either Bug/Dragon, Fairy/Dragon, or staying Ground/Dragon. I would really like to see Fairy/Dragon, it is the Mystic Pokemon.

Now with unconfirmed stats I'm debating on rather to go with Adamant or Jolly nature on Mega Lopunny. Gonna have to do some speed and damage calcs.

GOTDAMN. Look at Mega-Beedrill's stat distribution. Easily the most ideal in all of Pokemon. YASSSSS GAMEFREAK!!

Here's my Mega Audino set tell me what you guys think

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind

It has amazing defensive stats now with its mega evolution along with already high hp and I made it physically bulky to resist hits like bullet punch. Calm mind is there to help it's special attack and special defense and wish and heal bell for support, draining kiss is it's STAB move with 75 base power after STAB which isn't too bad, it gets a 75% recovery after draining kiss so it helps a lot after a calm mind boost.

I really don't think it's bad at all because it looks very bulky to me and I'm using it in single battles even if it's ability doesn't help it there. I'd like some feedback on this set :)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Here's my Mega Audino set tell me what you guys think

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind

It has amazing defensive stats now with its mega evolution along with already high hp and I made it physically bulky to resist hits like bullet punch. Calm mind is there to help it's special attack and special defense and wish and heal bell for support, draining kiss is it's STAB move with 75 base power after STAB which isn't too bad, it gets a 75% recovery after draining kiss so it helps a lot after a calm mind boost.

I really don't think it's bad at all because it looks very bulky to me and I'm using it in single battles even if it's ability doesn't help it there. I'd like some feedback on this set :)
Draining Kiss is weak even with boosts and Protect>Calm Mind for safer Wish abuse.

Thank you Game Freak for blessing us with Mega Audino, Mega Glalie and Mega Beedrill. It's not like we wanted Mega Typhlosion or Mega Feraligatr. Well at least MegaMence will be fun (of course it'll probably get suspected for the same reasons Mega Luke did). If it does leave, Mega-Gross and Mega-Pert will definitely be competing for my Mega spot. Granted, Gross doesn't require rain, but Mega-Pert just seems like such a rapist with rain.

Hey, if you guys post sets here, I'd appreciate it if you could port them to the Google Doc in the OP. I've just updated it, and anyone can edit analyses we haven't got to yet.

All the new megas are just...wow. Defensive, offensive, pivots...and with the new move tutors, the metagame will really change...

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey, if you guys post sets here, I'd appreciate it if you could port them to the Google Doc in the OP. I've just updated it, and anyone can edit analyses we haven't got to yet.

All the new megas are just...wow. Defensive, offensive, pivots...and with the new move tutors, the metagame will really change...
This would definitely help with our efforts to at least get one set for all these new Megas. Mega Beedrill actually looks to be a REALLY good pivot as long as you can keep the rocks away.

DAMN SLOWBRO, FKN BUILT LIKE A BRICK SHITHOUSE

Also I actually kimda want Aegislash unbanned sometime in ORAS, Mega Metagross is looking pretty scary rn.... Or maybe Cofag will just start poppin up everywhere (it won't) but i mean damnnnnn

also can we quickban salamence like right now

From a competitive view, Mega Beedrill has to be the coolest mega evolution yet and is a prime example of the type of pokemon that deserve mega evolutions. It's not strong enough to be overpowered or become uncompetitive when it mega evolves, it recieves an excellent ability, and it has a decent, usable movepool. Beedrill can boost its own offensive capabilities with Swords Dance or Agility or even provide team support by passing boost with Baton Pass or by setting up Toxic Spikes. I'm hype for ORAS RU or UU, wherever Beedrill lands.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Also, Mega Slowbro might have an assload of physical Defense, but unless it's running max SpDef (which, why wouldn't you?), it's OHKO'd by MegaMan's Thunderbolt.

252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 362-428 (91.8 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Slowbro: 276-326 (83.1 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This would definitely help with our efforts to at least get one set for all these new Megas. Mega Beedrill actually looks to be a REALLY good pivot as long as you can keep the rocks away.
It doesn't have anywhere near the bulk required for a pivot. A pivot has to be able to come in, take an attack, and switch to something else.

Also, Mega Slowbro might have an assload of physical Defense, but unless it's running max SpDef (which, why wouldn't you?), it's OHKO'd by MegaMan's Thunderbolt.

252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 362-428 (91.8 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Slowbro: 276-326 (83.1 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Also let's not forget Magnezone who can stop it dead in its track. With either set (Choice Specs or Choice Scarf) Zone stops it before and after it Mega Evolves.

252 SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 354-416 (89.8 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 578-684 (146.7 - 173.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It doesn't have anywhere near the bulk required for a pivot. A pivot has to be able to come in, take an attack, and switch to something else.
You can pair it with a slow Volt Turn and it becomes decent. But you need to mega before hand tho cause base 75 Speed is booty :X

Very well... Since everyone are assuming what Kaphotics said about the stats distribution are legit, I also have found and video in which a guy named Mulvone speak about POSSIBLES Mega Evolutions... What's bothering me is that most what he said IS ACTUALLY TRUTH like Mega Pigeot and Beedrill, even guessing their abilities; Not mention, this video got aired in 10/12/14, 3 DAYS before the official channel have revealed them.

Source:

To those too lazy to see the video, here is an summary:

Mega Fearow is now an Dark/Flying type with an new ability called Destructed (Dark version of Aerilate)
Mega Butterfree is now an Bug/Psychic type with the ability Levitate
Mega Nidoking
remains an Ground/Poison type with the ability Moxie
Mega Nidoqueen
remains an Ground/Poison type with the ability Regenerator
Mega Jynx
remains an Psychic/Ice type with the ability Simple
Mega Mr.Mime
remains an Psychic/Fairy type with the ability Prankster
Mega Meganium
is now an Grass/Dragon type with the ability Regenerator
Mega Typhlosion
is now an Fire/Fighting type with the ability No Guard
Mega Feraligatr
remains an Water type with the ability Strong Jaw
Mega Slowking
remains an Water/Psychic type with the ability Magic Guard
Mega Donphan
remains an Ground type with the ability Huge Power
Mega Dunsparce
is now an Fairy/Ground type with the ability Serene Grace
Mega Flygon remains an Dragon/Ground type with the ability Levitate
Mega Xatu
remains an Flying/Psychic type with the ability Magic Bounce
Mega Delcatty is now an Normal/Fairy type with the ability Pixilate
Mega Exploud
remains an Normal type with the ability Scrappy
Mega Milotic is now an Water/Fairy type with the ability Pixilate
Mega Luxray is now an Electric/Dark type with the ability Strong Jaw
Mega Vespiqueen
remains an Bug/Flying type with the ability Aerilate
Mega Weavile
remains an Ice/Dark type with the ability Serene Grace
Mega Electivire
is now an Electric/Fighting type with the ability Motor Drive
Mega Magmortar
is now an Fire/Psychic type with the ability Flame Body

Since this is an speculation thread, I felt that argument about those very possibles Megas could put more fuel to the fire... So could they ? Discuss.

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Very well... Since everyone are assuming what Kaphotics said about the stats distribution are legit, I also have found and video in which a guy named Mulvone speak about POSSIBLES Mega Evolutions... What's bothering me is that most what he said IS ACTUALLY TRUTH like Mega Pigeot and Beedrill, even guessing their abilities; Not mention, this video got aired in 10/12/14, 3 DAYS before the official channel have revealed them.

Source:

To those too lazy to see the video, here is an summary:

Mega Fearow is now an Dark/Flying type with an new ability called Destructed (Dark version of Aerilate)
Mega Butterfree is now an Bug/Psychic type with the ability Levitate
Mega Nidoking
remains an Ground/Poison type with the ability Moxie
Mega Nidoqueen
remains an Ground/Poison type with the ability Regenerator
Mega Jynx
remains an Psychic/Ice type with the ability Simple
Mega Mr.Mime
remains an Psychic/Fairy type with the ability Prankster
Mega Meganium
is now an Grass/Dragon type with the ability Regenerator
Mega Typhlosion
is now an Fire/Fighting type with the ability No Guard
Mega Feraligatr
remains an Water type with the ability Strong Jaw
Mega Slowking
remains an Water/Psychic type with the ability Magic Guard
Mega Donphan
remains an Ground type with the ability Huge Power
Mega Dunsparce
is now an Fairy/Ground type with the ability Serene Grace
Mega Flygon remains an Dragon/Ground type with the ability Levitate
Mega Xatu
remains an Flying/Psychic type with the ability Magic Bounce
Mega Delcatty
is now an Normal/Fairy type with the ability Pixilate
Mega Exploud
remains an Normal type with the ability Scrappy
Mega Milotic is now an Water/Fairy type with the ability Pixilate
Mega Luxray is now an Electric/Dark type with the ability Strong Jaw
Mega Vespiqueen
remains an Bug/Flying type with the ability Aerilate
Mega Weavile
remains an Ice/Dark type with the ability Serene Grace
Mega Electivire
is now an Electric/Fighting type with the ability Motor Drive
Mega Magmortar
is now an Fire/Psychic type with the ability Flame Body

Since this is an speculation thread, I felt that argument about those very possibles Megas could put more fuel to the fire... So could they ? Discuss.
This was debunked a while back by his channel to be a fake. LOL

I know I"m going to get flamed by the majority when I say this, but I don't think Mega Salamence will be as blatantly overpowering as people thought he was to be. I understand he will have the bulk, speed, and the power to sweep, incredibly well. Hell, I believe he'll be on the level of SB Blaziken, while being the better sweeper than Mega Luke ever was, overall. Still, That 145 attack is rather disappointing. And my gosh, I can't believe I'm saying 145 is disappointing for an attack stat but I blame the major power creep, esp with the mega evolutions. One thing for sure is things like SD M-Pinsir will hit much harder, especially with SD and adaptability, as well as naturally higher attack stat. And I'm not quite sure just how much of an impact the power difference, between M-Mence and M-Pinsir for instance, will make on M-Mence's dominance in the OU scene. That being said, I am not saying Mega Mence is the lesser pokemon than M-Pinsir. No, sir.
I can definitely see mega Mence being too much for the OU metagame. It's offensive DD set (dd/return/eq/fb) will most likely be the most popular set while its bulky DD, mixed, and special sets will all be equally potent. As a conclusion, I am just confused on just what to think on M-Mence's "op' qualities.

I know I"m going to get flamed by the majority when I say this, but I don't think Mega Salamence will be as blatantly overpowering as people thought he was to be. I understand he will have the bulk, speed, and the power to sweep, incredibly well. Hell, I believe he'll be on the level of SB Blaziken, while being the better sweeper than Mega Luke ever was, overall. Still, That 145 attack is rather disappointing. And my gosh, I can't believe I'm saying 145 is disappointing for an attack stat but I blame the major power creep, esp with the mega evolutions. One thing for sure is things like SD M-Pinsir will hit much harder, especially with SD and adaptability, as well as naturally higher attack stat. And I'm not quite sure just how much of an impact the power difference, between M-Mence and M-Pinsir for instance, will make on M-Mence's dominance in the OU scene. That being said, I am not saying Mega Mence is the lesser pokemon than M-Pinsir. No, sir.
I can definitely see mega Mence being too much for the OU metagame. It's offensive DD set (dd/return/eq/fb) will most likely be the most popular set while its bulky DD, mixed, and special sets will all be equally potent. As a conclusion, I am just confused on just what to think on M-Mence's "op' qualities.
145 attack is dandy when you're spamming 132 BP STAB moves.

Also Dragon Dance>Swords Dance if you have the bulk to get multiple boosts (it does lol)

It's gonna be freaking borked

Also let's not forget Magnezone who can stop it dead in its track. With either set (Choice Specs or Choice Scarf) Zone stops it before and after it Mega Evolves.

252 SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 354-416 (89.8 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 578-684 (146.7 - 173.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
And iron heads KO clefairy, it doesn't have to setup on the entire metagame to be godly.

I'm loving the new megas. Seems like a lot of variety in the roles these Pokemon can play. Beedrill seems like an excellent scout and cleaner, Salamence wrecks shop as a sweeper, Glalie looks like a fun suicide lead, slowbro and sableye are interesting calm mind users, and all the other megas seem useful too. This should be a fun new meta.

Last edited:

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
145 base attack comes with 130 base Defense, 120 base Speed, Dragon Dance, and a better defensive type to flex all over the things that would normally check Mega Pinsir.

252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 192-229 (58 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 187-222 (56.4 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These are two of our best revenge killers taking on a Mega Salamence with no defensive investment. What more could you ask for?

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 265-312 (80 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 302-359 (91.2 - 108.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Banded Ice Shard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)